Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

unfair practice from ggs support

apologies for the long post

being a security conscious pc user and long term empire player, i was shocked to receive a text saying my account has been hacked,
indeed, on loging in i found i had been hacked,

ggs support was informed immediately with my suspicions and items lost, i received a reply that same afternoon with a reasonable resolution to the issue,
basically 'we will replace all your unique items on reply to this mail'

i immediately replied expecting my unique stuff back that day - nothing was done,
in fact nothing was done for 7 days, until others were involved,

after mailing constantly from the first day and hearing nothing after their first response, they finally mailed again with the same offer, again i agreed to the offer,
this time action was taken, i left it a while so they could work their magic only to find that my unique stuff had not been replaced 'like for like' and that the stuff they had credited was not 6 years of collecting sets, but items that seem to be left-overs, not one full set could be made,

i was credited with 2 heros out of the 25 i had,
various different commander pieces, which i've spent hours botching together so i can at least start looting again
yet hardly any castellan pieces, the ones i did get are mainly just helmets and armour, heritage of the north ones,
oh and a kala hero

so basically, i have been shafted not once, but twice,

a few questions arise,
why give me a kala hero but not the full set ?
surely having the hero means that the full set must have been won as well, as the hero is the last piece to get
why only give me bits of castellans, not even enough to make a proper set ?
(i had 9 full, complete sets)
why give me a prince hero, yet again not the full set
why just give me pieces of different coms when they can check and find out how many full sets i had ?
why give me pieces i never had in the first place ?
why didn't they add any of the heros i had

i assume they expect me to start to buy rubies or spend the next 6 years collecting stuff again from long term events - do they really think i am that sad and stupid,

or is it rewarding the rule breakers and ignoring and punishing the fair, decent players?

please, no one say that support is over-worked, i'm customer services qualified and you treat each issue personally and as fast as you can,
support knew of this issue on the first day, within hours as they replied personally, then nothing

i must end with saying that if it wasn't for the help and support from players i know, but a majority that i don't on the uk server, that i would have left the game,
i now have a debt to pay to these players,

thank you all uk players for making my game bearable
thank you ggs for not giving a toss about fair, dedicated players and rewarding the miscreants

MightyHawklord @ en 1
leader of the mighty dragon legion
non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
registered Linux user 476319
registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support

Comments

• ouch that sucks. just keep pestering them with emails. I wonder what ggs considers a "unique" item. If they do in fact mean all items that are labeled as "unique" or if they have some other definition (such as items that are purchasable with rubies) or something else.
    Keep emailing them, and possibly request that the ticket be elevated to their boss.
  • oh, forgot to mention as well,
    for those unaware, i'm legendary 352

never think you are safe from hackers and never, ever think you will get sense out of ggs,
    they are the ones who are letting the game down
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • MaxMaxon (US1)MaxMaxon (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    It's ridiculous. What is a person supposed to do? Take a screen shot of your inventory before you log out?

You want to know what is going on at support? Oh, yeah. Send an email to xyzxyz and then have them tell you an email address to ask for a phone number so you can get an address for international mail to Mars. Once Elon Musk finally lands on Mars they'll tell you where to go in the Andromeda Galaxy to ask extraterrestrial intelligence what GGE support is truly doing because nobody on Earth knows what they do. The logic here is that we can't ever know what they do because they don't do anything! - dliu3

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Dave it stinks, thats what!

I know the UK server members helped you to rebuild with kingdom res etc and have given you a DNA whilst you get your casts sorted, but that is more about the community spirit of the users and a lot less about the Customer Service of GGE (or lack thereof).  We were really impressed by the speed at which they acknowledged your genuine case of hacking and saying they would replace your equipment, but for them to give you a bag of scrag ends is unconscionable.  As you say it is easy enough for them to pull out the data from a backup somewhere to find out what you had.  And you weren't expecting coins to tech up, being prepared to work for that bit. It's not like it will cost them anything to give you your old equipment back, teched and gemmed or otherwise.

And to be fair, HGE, Angus has been on the case oh Dave's behalf right from the outset; the fault is definitely not anything of his making.

Knowing that your account was genuinely hacked, we should all be thinking "there but for the grace of God, go I".  It could happen to any of us, so perhaps we, as a community, should show some solidarity for one of our own (and I should add that the players who helped Dave out were not all from his own alliance, nor his pacts etc; it was from friend and foe that he received help, all given willingly)
    Osiris @ en 1
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    To be fair this has been a right royal piss take since day 1. They know Hawk from years of playing and the test server invite they gave him and should know how much of a fair player he is, GGE couldn't give a monkeys nuts about their players, less so those of us who don't purchase their goodies.

mods like Angus have been helpful in this situation it seems, but those behind the screen sat on their arses for days and gave you what? a fraction of equipment you had, and to take the piss further have now sent you defence tool gift packages, cos yh you've been hacked and we're so sorry.

here have some f*cking tools to give to those unaffected. god dammit it infuriates me.

if they got rid of the multi's hackers would drop enormously I think. GGE have been the same, I've been here for a very long time now myself, and they've always put their offers, new events and other random sh*t before player welfare, and it's damn time that changed.

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• MightyHawklord (GB1)MightyHawklord (GB1) GB1 Posts: 510
    edited 23.05.2017
    it appears there is a "joke" being played on my account

notice the arrow slits and portcullis,

you cannot win these, only buy them from the gift pedlar,

on the day of the hack all my gifts were given out, i was giftless, i informed ggs of this (and i assume they can be traced to the receiving account)
    i have never bought anything at all from the gift pedlar, either before or after the incident

so where did they come from?
    and how do they benefit me ? 

only logical deduction can be that when ggs accessed my account they credited me with them as some sort of joke, one that i do not find in the least bit amusing,
    instead of crediting me with my equipment - they give me gifts to hand out to other players,

i can think of no possible reason why ggs would do this other than to further alienate me from the game

again showing lack of support for decent, loyal players
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

• 15 days and still no resolution or mail explaining why they appear to think its fair to give out crap for an issue that was not of my making,

i assume it costs too much to return my equipment but they don't want to admit it
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

• finally a response,

9 castellan heroes added, problem is that 4 of them i could not possibly get as they are for a level 69 or under,

so now i have weak heroes yet no equipment to back them up,

figure that one out
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid

• ouch sorry to hear what happen to its totaly unfair if your got hack its gge fault they should have make hack proof security

"Let me tell you about scared. Your heart is beating so hard -- I can feel it through your hands! There's so much blood and oxygen pumping through your brain, it's like rocket fuel. Right now, you could run faster and you could fight harder. You can jump higher than ever in your life. And you are so alert, it's like you can slow down time. What's wrong with scared? Scared is a super power! It's your super power!" - The Twelfth Doctor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file