We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Being Held Hostage by GGE

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 19.06.2017
    Now we know.. its cuz gge can't program worth a shyt.. streamline.. too funny.. aaaand so peeps that don't have rubies can't get more than anyone else by not being able to launch outta Rv's..
    Let's limit the small guys..
    I think GGe prejudice against non-buyers..
    Lets make the game suk a lil more.. for everyone.. too fk'n funny..
    What is the point of attacking from an rv on another player's castle when it may result in the loss of rvs anyway which could also be considered bullying as a reason for losing your rvs? Some alliances do not tolerate their castles being attacked from rvs who might even in their alliance description specifically say they will lose their rvs as a consequence for doing so and so it is just simply one less problem to deal with and increases fairness when it comes to attacking fortresses. Now one could argue that you have to have level 3 stables for competing with other players now that you can not use rvs anymore for attacking fortresses, but their are also tons of fortresses with some of which may be close enough for a player even without a level 3 or 2 stable to reach in time and increases fairness. Instead of a player hitting like 2 or 3 fortresses at a time now for each kingdom it can be more limited to like 1 or 2 fortresses at a time for each kingdom.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Dumb Cat (US1)Dumb Cat (US1) Posts: 546US1
    not so great offers, just as in shops, they are giving at discount what nobody buys otherwise.. Or am I wrong and people really buying samurai rams  and ladders?

But, I spent involuntarily 10k rubies anyway.. Because of offer showing up my game freezes and I mistakenly spend rubies for samurai camp instead of skip..

Can't this run more smoothly?

GGE deliberately designs the game so you  have accidents with your rubies. Too try and force you to spend money.
  • Jack BellowsIII (US1)Jack BellowsIII (US1) Posts: 118US1
    edited 21.06.2017
    What is the point of attacking from an rv on another player's castle when it may result in the loss of rvs anyway which could also be considered bullying as a reason for losing your rvs? Some alliances do not tolerate their castles being attacked from rvs who might even in their alliance description specifically say they will lose their rvs as a consequence for doing so and so it is just simply one less problem to deal with and increases fairness when it comes to attacking fortresses. Now one could argue that you have to have level 3 stables for competing with other players now that you can not use rvs anymore for attacking fortresses, but their are also tons of fortresses with some of which may be close enough for a player even without a level 3 or 2 stable to reach in time and increases fairness. Instead of a player hitting like 2 or 3 fortresses at a time now for each kingdom it can be more limited to like 1 or 2 fortresses at a time for each kingdom.
    Attacking out rv's could be to hit anything, not just fortresses.. Rv's aren't so limited as some peeps think.. Its just matter if can find them before someone else launches, and u a good chaser.. I loose and gain Rv's or swop them out for closer one's. Nothing about restrictions on Rv attacks have anything to do w/ fairness.. Its nothing more than a PR ploy by gge to fuk the game up more than they already have by making stupid changes.. I don't hit fortresses so that's not my reason for not agreeing w/ the stupid change.. I believe the game should be wide open in War to fuk peeps up on the otherside. Or gge should make it where when u turn an Alliance red u can hit them from RV's..

On another note I luv how gge has reduced FC size unless u hit 300 FC's to find an half-ass decent one.. I think some dumb-ass broke that shyt..
  • GGE's death will be cuz of our boredom.. FC /BC's truly suk.. I had 1 worth putting a couple flags on.. Gge not gouging me to get something I l already have 3 of..
    edited 23.06.2017
    Like the FC event isn't bad enuf lets make changes to nomads to be more like the crappy event.. nomads is now a hybrid to keep taters from hitting nomads.. too fuk'n funny.. why doesn't gge take HT's out of the Nomad store and really screw up that event and make it totally useless..
  • Like the FC event isn't bad enuf lets make changes to nomads to be more like the crappy event.. nomads is now a hybrid to keep taters from hitting nomads.. too fuk'n funny.. why doesn't gge take HT's out of the Nomad store and really screw up that event and make it totally useless..

I heard they are, gonna replace the tails with war horns since they so useful, also gonna put in those goofy Nomad tools that beef up melee troops cause that's so helpful when hitting Nomad camps too haha

• I heard they are, gonna replace the tails with war horns since they so useful, also gonna put in those goofy Nomad tools that beef up melee troops cause that's so helpful when hitting Nomad camps too haha

I bet most peeps @ gge probably don't know their function either.. So u might be right.. lol

• Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    Well since GGE holding us hostage help GGE know some ways they doing so..
    Well the Ads are back @ it once again to full suk mode..
    Lord knows I'm glad I not rollin' trains hard or I'd be so pissed off when one pops..
    I also like how moving troops from world to world jams me up like I'm waiting for a Dr's appt.. like fuk me I say.. lol
    I would not be blaming GGS or GGE for what could be a "programming error" as a result for bugs, but I also see your point and I agree with you about those annoying adds slowing down attacks. I also have this problem as well. (Maybe you were just simply joking for comic relief, but still I don't think that GGS or GGE is to blame.)
    Did you just say the developers are not responsible for something they developed and implemented into the game? 

You would not be blaming the developers for a programming error? Well, who the hell would you blame then? I'm lost. 

As a software engineer, I can assure you, it's our fault any and every time a bug exists. lol. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • antoinecm (FR1)antoinecm (FR1) Posts: 1,688FR1
    I do not buy rubies, so no problem.
     Par ici les sous! >:) 
    Serveur discord: https://discord.gg/dbn3rcK
    edited 28.06.2017
    I think the new nomads going to be nothing more than watered down PO.. 100 less pwr pnts and less PO.. and u can buy PO from the store.. lol
    https://prnt.sc/fp6t1k
    https://prnt.sc/fp6sy3

I'm sure peeps take the top 20 PO item.. Event PO stays the same.. So all those folks biotchin' bout gge give us some more PO got their wishes..

But this is what got my attention.. Food Widget.. I like it (did I really say that?) lol
    https://prnt.sc/fp7k9w
    Post edited by Jack BellowsIII (US1) on
  • Ok well I haven't seen it from gge yet but I'm sure they will roll out a rage mechanic for all them suk'rs.. lol
    edited 02.07.2017
    gge doing so awesome w/ the bugs, u know they should have so much time to fuk up the good things in the game.. Then all we get it to wait on shyt like this..

u think they could fix the lag.. fuk no I say.. all they wanna do is turn the screws on us.. thinkin' we'll buy more of their shyt sandwiches.. bah ha ha..

• GGE needs to make FI / BC "actually" reflective of what a corresponding castle has on the other server.  Don't just slap the name of another server on it and put some randomizer in there that determines how many troops and what types of tools will be in the castle.  There is NOTHING "Romanian" about the romanian FI's, and nothing "Italian" about the Italian ones.

Either make it reflect a snapshot of the castles on the other server or don't.  Stop screwing it up just so you can make sure we don't get much glory without spending a ton of flags (or tooled attacks)
    So the Italian one should have pizza, wine and beer, and the Romanian one . . . vampires?
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Hidingfromyou (US1)Hidingfromyou (US1) Posts: 655US1
    edited 02.07.2017
    Now we know.. its cuz gge can't program worth a shyt.. streamline.. too funny.. aaaand so peeps that don't have rubies can't get more than anyone else by not being able to launch outta Rv's..
    Let's limit the small guys..
    I think GGe prejudice against non-buyers..
    Lets make the game suk a lil more.. for everyone.. too fk'n funny..
    The point to attacking from an RV was to hit quickly, with as short a horn as possible, so the target couldn't get support or set their defenses well.

It doesn't matter if the target subsequently steals the RV you attacked from because if you knew what you were doing, you'd stolen an RV near your target not too long before launching your attack. Thus your target is confounded twice. Once from your attack, once from them stealing that RV and then getting messages from the original RV holder.

I'm neutral with regards to this change. It means less RVs will be stolen, so I'm good with that. It also means weaker players whom I can smash won't have the effective retaliation of an RV short horn. So, tough for some alliances that relied upon such short horns, better for players who didn't and are strong enough to otherwise stop incoming attacks.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Well, if anyone has read the new nomads blab.... u know the camps once lvl'd up going to make 5H's extinct since u have to use 5 of them to reset ur camp once it completely lvl'd up.. So keep 105 24H's in storage u can make a decent run.. unless we going to get more 24H's in prizes w/ the Nomad Remodel... we shall see..
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 03.07.2017
    Lord knows I'm glad I not rollin' trains hard or I'd be so pissed off when one pops..
    I also like how moving troops from world to world jams me up like I'm waiting for a Dr's appt.. like fuk me I say.. lol
    I would not be blaming GGS or GGE for what could be a "programming error" as a result for bugs, but I also see your point and I agree with you about those annoying adds slowing down attacks. I also have this problem as well. (Maybe you were just simply joking for comic relief, but still I don't think that GGS or GGE is to blame.)
    Did you just say the developers are not responsible for something they developed and implemented into the game? 

You would not be blaming the developers for a programming error? Well, who the hell would you blame then? I'm lost. 

As a software engineer, I can assure you, it's our fault any and every time a bug exists. lol. 
    Bugs are unavoidable and a normal part of the game. I bet there are plenty of games out there that will at least sometimes get bugs. That is my point. Why blame GGS or GGE for what could be a programming error when they are unavoidable? Now one could argue that GGS firing staff could resolve this problem who are responsible for causing programming errors, but what if it does not and the programming errors continue even after firing staff? I doubt there is such thing as a a big online game that has never had programming errors or bugs before, because I think that big online games may be more complex and harder to operate than smaller online games. Small online games likes Pacman, many of the Facebook games, Minesweeper, chess, solitaire and other online card games, and etc. for example are not nearly as complex as Goodgame Empire which almost constantly adds new updates to the game.  As for the ads as I pointed out before I agree that they are annoying as well, but has GGS not tried to fix this problem before? And now it has come back again and I am not surprised either. Sometimes when GGS tries to fix things in this game the same old problems can return back again from the same old and repetitious programming errors, but that does not mean that GGS will not fix them or ignore them or that GGS has to fire more staff. (I do not work for Goodgame Studios, but just saying.)
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234

Bugs are unavoidable and a normal part of the game. I bet there are plenty of games out there that will at least sometimes get bugs. That is my point. Why blame GGS or GGE for what could be a programming error when they are unavoidable? Now one could argue that GGS firing staff could resolve this problem who are responsible for causing programming errors, but what if it does not and the programming errors continue even after firing staff? I doubt there is such thing as a a big online game that has never had programming errors or bugs before, because I think that big online games may be more complex and harder to operate than smaller online games. Small online games likes Pacman, many of the Facebook games, Minesweeper, chess, solitaire and other online card games, and etc. for example are not nearly as complex as Goodgame Empire which almost constantly adds new updates to the game.  As for the ads as I pointed out before I agree that they are annoying as well, but has GGS not tried to fix this problem before? And now it has come back again and I am not surprised either. Sometimes when GGS tries to fix things in this game the same old problems can return back again from the same old and repetitious programming errors, but that does not mean that GGS will not fix them or ignore them or that GGS has to fire more staff. (I do not work for Goodgame Studios, but just saying.)
    Bugs are absolutely avoidable. Every, single, time. Any time there is a bug in a game it is the fault of the programmers for not adequately testing the game. This shows your lack of programming knowledge very quickly. 

Sure, I would say just about every game is shipped with some type of bug, but there is a difference between console games and browser games. What we're playing does not require download. The devs can correct any bug that exists if they have the skills to do so. We're talking about the game freezing up in certain scenarios, such as when a deal is popping up. This is caused by the code, which is written by the developers. It is their fault if any bugs exist. 

You seem to think it's like catching a cold... it's not. 

Of course games have programming errors. What happens is the player base complains about those errors and the developers resolve those errors. I'll do it myself today... 

You're hilarious. Are you just making this up as you go along? I love that you used Pacman, especially. They have famous bugs... 

http://errors.wikia.com/wiki/Pac_Man_-_Infamous_Kill_Screen_Bug

And guess what? Completely avoidable. Shortsighted devs. The problem existed because of how the game was developed. 

By the way. 

http://www.minesweeper.info/wiki/One_Click_Bug

Solitaire had a fun easter egg in it. 

Did you know solitaire was created by a bored intern and he never got paid? 

http://mashable.com/2017/04/17/microsoft-intern-solitaire/#KPGe39jP2mq4

Anyways, if you don't know about programming you should stop telling people absolutes about it. Facebook games are notoriously buggy because they're developed in Flash. Even Adobe, the creator of flash, has suggested that people change. 

Good Game Empire is not complex. At least, not compared to many other games out there. They haven't updated anything in ages. All they've done is reskin existing content. Name a function and I can explain to you how it was copied from another function. 

The last new thing they added was pulled out within a few weeks and that was the Samurai card game. 

I don't know if GGS has tried to fix the problem with the ads slowing down the game. I doubt it. I haven't seen any changes that would suggest that. I don't remember seeing it mentioned in a patch note, but maybe they attempted to do something. If they failed then they need to try again. That's the point of a test server in the first place... 

Firing staff can easily be a big part of the problem. It's possible the person who developed X function isn't there anymore, but it's really not that complicated either. I have people on my staff that could fix it. lol. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Well the Penny Stealing Store is now open for anyone dumb enuf to buy that crap..

Yeah loot is fine in the Towers w/ a 70% or better looter.. if u need that stuff. WoR Blows face it.. lol
  • I don't know what happens @ 1:05am my time.. I think troops go missing, carts go missing, Spies go missing.. gge give us Big Farms old servers or something?
This discussion has been closed.