Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Rubies and Ruby ads

It would be great to have some app or something to keep those mendacious ruby ads from popping up continually, or ever. 
I doubt that will happen though. 

but in lieu of that, perhaps they could do something about making the ads a bit more truthful.

For example,  whenever I have looked into buying rubies the price for 57,500 rubies has always been $19.99 in USD. Or rather, for 19.99 you always get 57,500 rubies. 
But yesterday morning when I logged on there was a popup ad blocking my castle claiming that for the next 30 minutes, I could get a bonus of 150% more rubies than normal! But only until the clock on the display counted down! Hurry hurry! The ad gave an example, if you purchase 2500 rubies it said, you will get 6250!

I don't like to buy rubies, but I thought, wow, if I am going to buy some, now is the time. So I clicked the ad and bought the 19.99 package, expecting to get 150% of the listed amount, in addition to the 57,500, as the ad promised. 
However I only got 57,500. 
When I complained I got banned. This morning they explained that 57,500 IS 150% more than the normal amount of 23,000. 
However I have never seen 23000 rubies sold for $19.99. The amount for 20 bucks has always been 57,500. In fact, after the countdown clock on the 150% bonus ad counted down to zero, the amount of rubies remained 57,500 as it has always been.
This is called a "bait and switch".  The countdown clock on the ad creates a sense of scarcity, 'buy now, this deal will soon be gone!"
But the deal was never there. 
The price and the amount never changed. It was the same during the ad as it was before, and remained the same afterward. The countdown clock was a deceptive device designed to drive players to spend their money under false pretenses. . GGE has over 3 million players. I wonder how many others were tricked into spending their money?

I decided to withdraw my complaint so I could get back to the game. It was only 20 bucks, and my team was depending on me. 

But I think I will raise this issue again. I don't care if they ban me again. Someone up there has got to acknowledge that the ad was deceptive. 

So if we cannot get rid of the popup ads, perhaps they could only run truthful ads. That would be a great upgrade. 

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063
    For me since I am from Germany I pay 19,99€ to get 32k rubies , for it'd make sense that you get 23k for 19,99$.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    When I complained I got banned.

LOL.

sorry, no words to say......

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • For me since I am from Germany I pay 19,99€ to get 32k rubies , for it'd make sense that you get 23k for 19,99$.
    Now when I check it the qty does show 23000 rubies. I guess I only saw the ruby sales page when they were running specials in the past. 

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 01.05.2017
    You only have to spend money once to get pro mode though which is more useful than normal mode for the spinning wheel. Now you don't have be someone who has to continues to buy rubies to enjoy the game even though I do admit that I have spent a lot of money on this game as well because of me being a ruby buyer which means that I contrast continue to buy, but there are also those may spend money on this game only just once and that is it. I feel bad that you may have been cheated on by not getting what you wanted, but at least you can use pro mode now from the spinning wheel if you gained the 57,500 rubies at least from the purchase and it was accepted instead of denied. (I temporarily open my bank account in Germany before making a purchase so that way it won't get denied because of fraud which before I knew about this that used to happen and sometimes still does even when I call my bank now to temporarily open my account before making a purchase.) It is fairly easy nowadays to save up a lot of tickets for you to use up on the pro mode spinning wheel for the "wheel of fortune", but it requires spending money on this game at least once to do that.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Basically when a GGE offers a special they show the special in the ruby "market", whatever you wish to call it, lol.

So instead of it showing 23k rubies and showing that offer was added to make 57.5k rubies, they only show the total amount, which in this case, it will be 57.5k.

GGE does this to make more money, lol, it tricks consumers into thinking their gonna get a better offer when there not.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 01.05.2017
    Basically when a GGE offers a special they show the special in the ruby "market", whatever you wish to call it, lol.

So instead of it showing 23k rubies and showing that offer was added to make 57.5k rubies, they only show the total amount, which in this case, it will be 57.5k.

GGE does this to make more money, lol, it tricks consumers into thinking their gonna get a better offer when there not.
    That is not always true though. When I first spent money on this game I used to get the 200% or 150% bonuses which means that I got what I spent for.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Basically when a GGE offers a special they show the special in the ruby "market", whatever you wish to call it, lol.

That is not always true though. When I first spent money on this game I used to get the 200% or 150% bonuses which means that I got what I spent for.
    I notice that now the ruby purchase page shows 23,000 for $19.99.  Whenever I had looked at it before it had always shown 57,500 for that amount. So, I suppose I must have checked previously during times they were running specials. So I did not know the normal qty. is 23,000. 

Nevertheless, as OnionGod points out, the ad doesn't make clear what the bonus quantity will be. It does not say that the normal amount is 23,000, it only shows 57,500 and says there is a 150% additional amount until the countdown clock hits zero. Any player who is unfamiliar with the normal pricing structure cannot know for certain that he is looking at the bonus amount, and may easily believe he will receive an additional 86250 for a total of 143,750. That is what I thought I had coming. 

What torked me off was this: when the countdown clock hit zero, the ruby purchase page had a banner up top saying that the 150% bonus special was over. BUT THE QUANTITY FOR $19.99 STILL SHOWED 57,500.  When I saw that I was certain that I had not received the correct amount. 

I think they intentionally leave the ad somewhat ambiguous, as OnionGod said, so consumers might believe they will get more than they are going to get. That certainly drives sales. 

Let's face it. They could construct the ad to show the normal amount and the bonus amount, so the consumer would be clear what he was getting for his money. But if they did that, they would probably not make nearly as much money. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file