Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Gem Cap Stats

Hi all,

You can check out the latest announcement about the planned changes involving the 'capping' of Gem stats here 

This is not an update, but I've opened this discussion just so y'all can air your thoughts on the statistic release.

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Wait, doesn't one of the ruby cast has 65% extra wall troops? Which means it doesn't give full stats...
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

•   No sane person is going to put lvl 11 fire gems on a Ice cast.  Since you can easily make a 90 90 50 less fires castellan, gems are worthless. 

Why not? Can make a 90/90 50fire 40% troops to wall or you can make a 90/90 100wall 100gate 90moat 15% troops to wall 40% fire reduction. Plus I already have 2 complete ice champ sets sitting in storage, I'd have to spend the time finding equipment for a 90/90 -50fire. When this new update happens personally I'd prefer to put my fire gems on an ice champ set, but I can understand why people would go the other way. Both have strengths and weaknesses, I don't think putting fire gems on an ice champ set is insane.

Ang or any CM if you're reading this just to clarify... I believe somewhere you said the cost of removing gems would be free temporarily? If you make this huge change to gems and not allow us to remove gems for free it will be a big mistake.
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    Hi all,

Sorry, I had to run as soon as I posted the main announcement, and I didnt' have time to setup this discussion thread at the time ;) Feel free to let us know what you think of the stats released, I'll go through and answer the questions already queried right now.

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Neya (GB1)Neya (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    can we not just get rid of this update gge? Lots of effort has gone into waiting for the gem offer and buying them, and emailing you guys and getting things sorted takes for ever - don't think there is any need to test our patience tbh
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    edited 28.04.2017
    So basically, the following gems become worthless
    1. All fire gems for commander
    2. All fire gems for castellan
    3. All high level flank gems.  (most high level players have several commanders with 102 flank bonuses)
    4. All secure storage gems (these were already totally worthless however)

So if you've spent a ton of time and money getting lvl 11 reduce fire gems like I have, they are all rendered completely worthless by this update.  No sane person is going to put lvl 11 fire gems on a Ice cast.  Since you can easily make a 90 90 50 less fires castellan, gems are worthless.  GGE, please delete all reduce fire gems from the possibility of attaining, they have no value of any kind to anyone now.  Just like secure storage gems.  Please delete those also.

There aren't many valuable gems after this update.  No one is going to need lvl 11 gems of any kind except Cy ones.  The rest are worthless.
    Hi @danielbannister (US1)

It really depends how you have placed the gems currently, i.e. now you could add 44% fire reduction's worth of gems to a 90/90 -70% loot casty (and therefore have close to the max overall - -50% fire damage -70% loot) and take out some of the attackers along with reducing the loot and damage easily.

Secure storage gems haven't had any changes made to their stat cap if you have another read of the announcement ;)

What about heroes?
    They will be included in equipment bonuses?
    And what about gate for cast? And other bonuses for him?
    Hi @paka33 (PL1)

Heroes will not be included in these stat caps, as they generally apply to a specific thing, such as 'vs NPCs' or 'in outposts', also the specific problem GGE are trying to solve (the over-powered combinations) is generally caused by gems, rather than heroes, specifically multiple copies of the same gem being added to one set (you can only have one hero..)

Gate for casty wasn't included in the stat list, as there isn't a gem which boosts the gate statistics in the game at the moment at least.

I want compensation back as soon as the update is in effect!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi @Canucks (GB1)

There will be some form of compensation available when the update is launched, however it is still quite a way off, so the details of the compensation cannot be guaranteed right now, hence why there is nothing detailing this in the announcement.

Limit for defenders on the walls

+50%

Soldier limit on the flanks

+50%

I don't know who decided to add these two to the list of caps, but no cap ever existed on them before so their addition is completely absurd. Empire is dead, time to find a new game. Way to go GGS.
    @Dricky (US1)

Angus... Out

• Neya (GB1)Neya (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    Thing is those that play the game have no say in what ever decisions gge make and all the updates are basically imposed. I wonder for how long this one way communication and execution will be carried on for. Services are provided from a very narrow perspective and sorry to say but customer satisfaction is next to null to be honest.
  • edited 28.04.2017
    Hi all,

Sorry, I had to run as soon as I posted the main announcement, and I didnt' have time to setup this discussion thread at the time ;) Feel free to let us know what you think of the stats released, I'll go through and answer the questions already queried right now.

Angus
    what to know?
    if players praise GGE you will reply and if players doubt GGE you will just delete there comments and posts
    who the **** are you to do this?
    what is the use and importance of moderator can you tell me
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
Sign In to comment.