Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Some Bot Maths to think about

Consider the mouse clicks needed to complete nomads:

I estimate 18 clicks to complete a full cycle of skipping time and hitting a nomads camp (more if you don't have every wave preset). If you're getting say 75 tabs per hit, to complete the event we are talking 3600+ hits. Nomads is now on for around 4 days, so that's about 900 clicks per day. If like me you can play for a few hours a day around work this becomes very challenging on top of everything else you're going to want to do in game at the same time, let alone chat.

But should it be? I have the troops, I have the comms, I have the tools... I just don't want RSI and I would like to be able to at least vaguely focus on other things like family while I play.

In my experience (yes I got a ban, big whoop), bots allow this to happen. There is nothing I have done with bots that I could not do normally, it just saves me from RSI (seriously) and allows me a bit of a balance while playing. I have only run it when online.

GGE: What you really needed to do before banning things that improve gameplay (yes that's right, it improves gameplay imo) is make your own system better. You have made presets, you have revamped recruitment, this is really the last thing, auto-attacks that you can save and do bits and bobs with just like bots offer. If you actually just did this we would have no need for bots. I genuinely think a number of people do not use bots to 'cheat' as such, they use it to improve your gameplay which is waaaay to click heavy!

Just some thoughts anyway..

TP

TPain @ en 1

Comments

• TPain (GB1) said:

I estimate 18 clicks to complete a full cycle of skipping time and hitting a nomads camp (more if you don't have every wave preset). If you're getting say 75 tabs per hit, to complete the event we are talking 3600+ hits. Nomads is now on for around 4 days, so that's about 900 clicks per day. If like me you can play for a few hours a day around work this becomes very challenging on top of everything else you're going to want to do in game at the same time, let alone chat.

But should it be? I have the troops, I have the comms, I have the tools... I just don't want RSI and I would like to be able to at least vaguely focus on other things like family while I play.

In my experience (yes I got a ban, big whoop), bots allow this to happen. There is nothing I have done with bots that I could not do normally, it just saves me from RSI (seriously) and allows me a bit of a balance while playing. I have only run it when online.

GGE: What you really needed to do before banning things that improve gameplay (yes that's right, it improves gameplay imo) is make your own system better. You have made presets, you have revamped recruitment, this is really the last thing, auto-attacks that you can save and do bits and bobs with just like bots offer. If you actually just did this we would have no need for bots. I genuinely think a number of people do not use bots to 'cheat' as such, they use it to improve your gameplay which is waaaay to click heavy!

TP

I've never had any problem finishing any of the events and i don't bot. I'm happy that botters are being banned, why should i put in more work and effort and get the same rewards as someone like you who spends a fraction of the time
  • TPain (GB1) said:

TP

I've never had any problem finishing any of the events and i don't bot. I'm happy that botters are being banned, why should i put in more work and effort and get the same rewards as someone like you who spends a fraction of the time
    stop acting smart and don't more defend GGE
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • TPain (GB1)TPain (GB1) GB1 Posts: 67

My issue is that 'more work and effort' is I can click my mouse more regularly than you. That shouldn't really be the gameplay and what makes one player better than another should it?

TPain @ en 1
    There should be more substance to the gameplay, there could be, if they follow through on their own development ideas that they have already said they are working on, but are about 2 years behind the times with...
    TPain @ en 1
  • My issue is that 'more work and effort' is I can click my mouse more regularly than you. That shouldn't really be the gameplay and what makes one player better than another should it?

Sure it should. More input = more output. I put more work into this game, I should be able to get more out of it.

TPain (GB1) said:

TP

stop acting dumb and don't violate the T&S
    But your language abuse is absolutely fine MrKennyKRH?
    TPain @ en 1
    Glad to see we can have a higher level conversation about the gameplay of Empire here...
    TPain @ en 1
  • My issue is that 'more work and effort' is I can click my mouse more regularly than you. That shouldn't really be the gameplay and what makes one player better than another should it?

Sure it should. More input = more output. I put more work into this game, I should be able to get more out of it.

TPain (GB1) said:

TP

stop acting dumb and don't violate the T&S
    bot is not violating T&C, it had shown how easily GGE servers can get into others control 
    Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • Also GG cheers for making me read all this in German... not once has my profile been on a german server, this forum is horrendous for getting the right language displayed..
    you can probably get help for this in the "tech assistance" sub forum.  My guess is that there is a preference somewhere that needs to be changed, i took a quick look but didn't find it. Are you actually viewing the german langauge forums or are you viewing this forum in a german translation? (if its the latter it may be a browser setting you misclicked at some point).

And funny this is Bobi124player, a lot of recent changes have been moved forward because of players using bots showing how the game should develop, not sticking around with a aging format based on heavy mouse clicking. GG aren't really against bots, they are against other people's bots. The game will essentially have an in-built bot format before long will it not...read their own roadmap.

TPain @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,061
    I complete nomads in a day as legendary 64 and did same as legendary 1 no problems completed in a day.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    Language seems to have sorted with a refresh....no idea why lol
    TPain @ en 1
  • And funny this is Bobi124player, a lot of recent changes have been moved forward because of players using bots showing how the game should develop, not sticking around with a aging format based on heavy mouse clicking. GG aren't really against bots, they are against other people's bots. The game will essentially have an in-built bot format before long will it not...read their own roadmap.

i support you for the bot

Bobi124Player @ WWW 1
  • And funny this is Bobi124player, a lot of recent changes have been moved forward because of players using bots showing how the game should develop, not sticking around with a aging format based on heavy mouse clicking. GG aren't really against bots, they are against other people's bots. The game will essentially have an in-built bot format before long will it not...read their own roadmap.

That's an incorrect conclusion. GGS is against bots. One method to getting rid of the bots is to make their advantage decrease by giving real players the ability to train, save setups etc. etc.

@Herveus RSI is a real thing, do that for 5 years like myself and you got to be careful..

TPain @ en 1
    @Raggle Fock : I think we differ on definitions of bots. Bots do not have to run a game for you taking away the 'real player aspect', they can just be used to minimise mouse clicking.
    TPain @ en 1
  • @Raggle Fock : I think we differ on definitions of bots. Bots do not have to run a game for you taking away the 'real player aspect', they can just be used to minimise mouse clicking.
    bots are automated programs that no longer require human input to take actions where they were once required.
    Is that not what the 'preset's are..., on a bot I can click 'send' on an attack I've saved. In the game I can click 'tick' on a wave that I've saved. Same difference no?
    TPain @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file