open thread for "battle vs bots"

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,099INT1
    Well I am not sure what the problem with bots are in the great scheme, do it not need people to work the bots, what do bots give you , are GGE bots the same , does it all really make a different , maybe blatent multi account were the biggest problem , is GGE using this to deflect what is happening to there game ,so many events cant work , but it is not our fault , is this game fatally floored, are we all going to hell in a hand cart , what if GGE pulled the plug on this game tomorrow where would we stand , the deck is stack against players. so why bother about banning players for 12 hours why not send them a message . I don't know why a fun game should be so complecative. 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Interesting that my friend neighbor has been banned 12h and he don't even know what is bot or how to get anything like that (yes I know this because he is not computer expert in any way)
  • well sorry but banning players just like that, without proof or anything being said to them is crap, as i am not gonna shake every time they start to "punish" some players just because i am active player.
  • well sorry but banning players just like that, without proof or anything being said to them is crap, as i am not gonna shake every time they start to "punish" some players just because i am active player.

I don't know if they can accurately tell if someone is using a bot or not.  If they end up banning folks not using bots, they are gonna destroy their customer base very quickly.  I just want to give them a chance.  It's entirely possible that people you know who got banned were actual bot  users, despite their claiming not to be.  I mean, who admits they cheat openly, especially now?
    danielbannister @ usa 1
  • Mikeshot2 (GB1)Mikeshot2 (GB1) Posts: 309GB1
    edited 24.04.2017

having never used such software I am delighted to see action being taken, I do not agree with the "if ever used" ban on players who have since deleted this software, given the warning. It is strange though, given this type of software download could easily be packing a key stroke logger, compromising your passwords in game and other sites the risks people will go to - in order for such little gains.

I am sure genuine players will live with a few mistakes for a clean and level field Game.

Good stuff GGE  -

any moderators banned ? 

Genuine players will live with a "few" mistakes? How many chances does GGE give before they delete the account? lol

I wonder how many genuine players will be impressed then? Working on the assumption if they have been accused once, are they not likely to be accused again?...with no chance of being heard even

If I received a ban that could not be justified or verified - I would expect to be compensated @itchtytwit - otherwise yes I would be very disappointed.  It is something long overdue a fix though. Register false bans with support, keep the proof and make sure they acknowledge the mistake.
    Do you think if you are a ruby whale , would be banned , or would they know the difference, GGE laboured the point about how good there detection was to find bots, which in its self is okay , but we all would be more please they told how good they are to make there game work perfect , all we have left is SAMAURI, NOMADS, BLOODCROW , AND FORI. are these just the money spinners , and the rest are non profit making , food for thought .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Hi. i play this game all day everyday. I put it on around 7/8am and turn it off around 10/11pm does that mean i will get banned ? i have no idea what a bot is but i can assure you i dont use one lol
  •  
    because players like you are, game is here where it is , as for sure you are in great(probably love lol)  relationship with some of moderators.
    FYI almost everyone from top 50 INT1 is banned
    so dont tell me that everyone use bot, when they are not, and stop defending their stupid moves when they are completely wrong with it , u cant go and ban players without giving them proof of that and not saying anything about it!

I did not say GGE hasn't messed up.  But c'mon!  Everyone wants GGE to do something about bots and has complained about them for years.  When GGE appears to be getting serious about it people complain about that too.  The announcement is  only a few hours old and condemning them for what they are doing already seems quite premature. 

Believe me, I've given some harsh criticism of GGE here on the forum in the past.  However, I believe in fair criticism.  Has it ever occurred that maybe the reason most of the top 50 in INT1 were banned was because they were all using bots?  I am on USA1 and I am quite frequently in the top 50 for many events, at least half, and I'm still able to log in fine.  I've also never used a bot.  Hmm, seems interesting to me.

Also, I know almost everyone in the top 50 on USA1, and I know for a fact that most of them use bots.  I have received private PM's, screenshots, etc of how to use bots from them.  I've even received invites from many of them to use them touting how great they are.  I declined every invite.  If most top 50 players on USA1 use bots, it's not a stretch to assume many on INT1 do as well.

as I stated in my opening post:
    At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. On what grounds one can make the case for himself if he doesn't know what he/she is up against? I'm not asking they give us right here right now the criteria they're using to detect players using bots, but to disclose the evidence to each individual demanding it after being suspended. The fact you can get permanently suspended without ever getting the evidence or argue your case is completely wrong. 

That was what motivated me to write the comment in the first place. Have you read the moderators topic about bots and accounts being suspended. 

And from previous experience that people close to me had when they were arguing their cases - GGS never ever helped them...so what reason I have not to believe it would be different if tomorrow the same happened to me or any one of us. Absolutely NONE. 

On what grounds I can believe their mechanisms for detecting bots are working properly (and I'm not now referring to detecting  top100 or top50 players, but all of those using bots)  if they aren't capable to get a server on for more than 12 hours, if they aren't capable to fix the simplest bugs, if they can't get one upgrade right without messing 10 other things and then doing hotfix after hotfix which again break something...it's endless circle of failures. 

Aren't you even a bit worried that people already started reporting they were falsely suspended? Again, I'm not talking about those that got suspended for really using bot, but for those that were suspended yet didn't use it...or are they just collateral damage for the greater good? And if GGS is so convinced their mechanisms are valid, how can one prove his innocence?

Susan I think those who are band will be today the rest of us seem to be okay so keep you fingers crossed
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    If players are banned for not using bots , then surely GGE should not use there program , good job there not executioners
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  •  
    because players like you are, game is here where it is , as for sure you are in great(probably love lol)  relationship with some of moderators.
    so dont tell me that everyone use bot, when they are not, and stop defending their stupid moves when they are completely wrong with it , u cant go and ban players without giving them proof of that and not saying anything about it!

I did not say GGE hasn't messed up.  But c'mon!  Everyone wants GGE to do something about bots and has complained about them for years.  When GGE appears to be getting serious about it people complain about that too.  The announcement is  only a few hours old and condemning them for what they are doing already seems quite premature. 

Believe me, I've given some harsh criticism of GGE here on the forum in the past.  However, I believe in fair criticism.  Has it ever occurred that maybe the reason most of the top 50 in INT1 were banned was because they were all using bots?  I am on USA1 and I am quite frequently in the top 50 for many events, at least half, and I'm still able to log in fine.  I've also never used a bot.  Hmm, seems interesting to me.

Also, I know almost everyone in the top 50 on USA1, and I know for a fact that most of them use bots.  I have received private PM's, screenshots, etc of how to use bots from them.  I've even received invites from many of them to use them touting how great they are.  I declined every invite.  If most top 50 players on USA1 use bots, it's not a stretch to assume many on INT1 do as well.

At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. On what grounds one can make the case for himself if he doesn't know what he/she is up against? I'm not asking they give us right here right now the criteria they're using to detect players using bots, but to disclose the evidence to each individual demanding it after being suspended. The fact you can get permanently suspended without ever getting the evidence or argue your case is completely wrong. 

That was what motivated me to write the comment in the first place. Have you read the moderators topic about bots and accounts being suspended. 

And from previous experience that people close to me had when they were arguing their cases - GGS never ever helped them...so what reason I have not to believe it would be different if tomorrow the same happened to me or any one of us. Absolutely NONE. 

On what grounds I can believe their mechanisms for detecting bots are working properly (and I'm not now referring to detecting  top100 or top50 players, but all of those using bots)  if they aren't capable to get a server on for more than 12 hours, if they aren't capable to fix the simplest bugs, if they can't get one upgrade right without messing 10 other things and then doing hotfix after hotfix which again break something...it's endless circle of failures. 

Aren't you even a bit worried that people already started reporting they were falsely suspended? Again, I'm not talking about those that got suspended for really using bot, but for those that were suspended yet didn't use it...or are they just collateral damage for the greater good? And if GGS is so convinced their mechanisms are valid, how can one prove his innocence?

I share your concerns.  Let's hope GGE doesn't falsely ban people.  I agree.
    danielbannister @ usa 1

I share your concerns.  Let's hope GGE doesn't falsely ban people.  I agree.

So if I understand this you are saying lets hope falsely accusing players , they must be or the players that yelling here are lying . either gge are right or the player are wrong or vice verca someone is lying or there program is crap and they should not use it
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • i'm not a bot i'm too bad  :p
    brag
  • The crux is that anyone who has used a bot at anytime in their gge playing period has been at an unfair advantage against other non cheating players. If they stop using bots, for whatever reason, that advantage they accumulated doesn't disappear, it's there to be used with no sell by date attached. Therefore it is only right that any use of bots, at any period, should be classed as cheating and punished according to the general terms and conditions we all accepted when joining the game.
    Is a ruby whale not a cheat they get an advantage they just pay for , they use some smuck to make tools for them in which they are given rubies , they just use non ruby players as bots food for thought
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    edited 24.04.2017
    Hello GGE players, from today on, it doesn't really matter on which server you're playing, because today we all start playing on one shared server called NORTH KOREA, just on totally new level that even the biggest dictators in the history of humankind would be jealous of.

Embrace yourself dear players, because from today on, you lost any right to ...pretty much everything. Not that you ever had many to begin with LOL

You loose the right to complain, you loose the right to being provided with transparent information, pretty much your judge is your executioner and you can just shrug your shoulders and nod your head, or you can delete your account and quit the game...before GGS does that for you.

Today is actually historic moment in the history of GGE, you can get punished for being the best. If you worked hard, if you learned the game and invested a lot of time, efforts and even money you surely got to the top, let's say top100. If you're top100 player you for sure can do....pretty much everything and for that you can be flagged as potential bot user and thus GGS can easily suspend your account. On top of that:

As you know, we reserve the right to skip some steps or block accounts immediately and irrevocably in case of particularly serious violations. ( https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/333265/advancing-the-battle-against-bots#latest )

they can skip the steps and directly close your acc permanantely and all they have to do is say 'SERIOUS VIOLATIONS'. That's reason enough to have all your hard work and time invested into building your account thrown in the garbage. 

I'm not being dramatic, just brutally realistic and I'd really like to be spared of any further 'explanations' or 'assurance policy'  from moderators because it's an insult to all of us. 
    At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. 

BTW. Just to tell you how greatly your bot detecting mechanisms are failing is the fact that I see too many accounts not suspended when for a fact I know they're helped by bots....and thus you lose any credibility even before you started - YOU FAILED....not that you had much credibility left to start with. 

P.S. If i get now permanantely suspended at least I know it will be because I spoke up my mind and it's also on this new server not allowed to do. Oh well, maybe it's time to start thinking about new hobby LOL

Nyx
    @Nyx (INT1),

You know Using bots is against the Terms and Conditions of the game you signed up to, right? That's why these bans are happening, because the T&Cs were broken by anyone using any third-party software to gain an unfair advantage against other players.

@a few of you ;) 

Regarding the question about the accuracy of bans... starting today, the system is much more accurate and considers several criteria to make sure we avoid false positives
    The crux is that anyone who has used a bot at anytime in their gge playing period has been at an unfair advantage against other non cheating players. If they stop using bots, for whatever reason, that advantage they accumulated doesn't disappear, it's there to be used with no sell by date attached. Therefore it is only right that any use of bots, at any period, should be classed as cheating and punished according to the general terms and conditions we all accepted when joining the game.

Thank you @The normal one (GB1), I couldn't have put it better myself, the other bonus to banning players historically is that they know they've been banned for the bot use, and won't choose to use it again now that they know the bot they used is 100% detectable.

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• well let them open thread, what they doing now is crap, just banning players without proof of using bots, so now if u are acctive more then 10 hrs per day it can be read as "oh he use bot, ban him" lmao 

yes we all use bot, if we are active more than 4 hours continuously 

I'm active fro more than 4 hours continuously a lot, no ban for me.

Hi all,

The bot bans take into account all previous uses of bots, so if you have ever used a bot, or a macro, in any way, you should be banned, it isn't just for players currently using them.,..

Angus
    lol, thats against law , open thread so ppl can respond to your bans, as both bot/nonbot players got ban, so dont tell me that only bot players got ban , how can u prove that myself or anyone use bot ?? or that we ever used ? so now 10+ hr per day playing is "using bot"??? it BS not using bot

ROFL! against the law? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyone that wishes to argue about their ban can send a message to support. however I doubt support will say anything except that they have evidence. Sharing the evidence would just make it easier for botters to bot. Keep in mind, you are not forced to play this game.

Mikeshot2 (GB1) said:

having never used such software I am delighted to see action being taken, I do not agree with the "if ever used" ban on players who have since deleted this software, given the warning. It is strange though, given this type of software download could easily be packing a key stroke logger, compromising your passwords in game and other sites the risks people will go to - in order for such little gains.

I am sure genuine players will live with a few mistakes for a clean and level field Game.

Good stuff GGE  -

any moderators banned ? 

While you certainly have a point about ever using, keep in mind that these bans are just 12 hours from what i've heard (ie a first offense). it takes 4 to be permanantly banned. This is just a nice slap on teh wrist for anyone that has botted.  It would be fun if GGS would identify all botted castles with an * or something permantely.
    My guess they cant tell or do any ,think because of privacy laws who knows , my only hope is they get there act together as a game supplier, they are very woefull in this regards , so try and get underworld working I don't need to be told why it is not working , I don't understand ,wait it may be that the bots were interfearing with the game maybe
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Hello GGE players, from today on, it doesn't really matter on which server you're playing, because today we all start playing on one shared server called NORTH KOREA, just on totally new level that even the biggest dictators in the history of humankind would be jealous of.

Embrace yourself dear players, because from today on, you lost any right to ...pretty much everything. Not that you ever had many to begin with LOL

You loose the right to complain, you loose the right to being provided with transparent information, pretty much your judge is your executioner and you can just shrug your shoulders and nod your head, or you can delete your account and quit the game...before GGS does that for you.

Today is actually historic moment in the history of GGE, you can get punished for being the best. If you worked hard, if you learned the game and invested a lot of time, efforts and even money you surely got to the top, let's say top100. If you're top100 player you for sure can do....pretty much everything and for that you can be flagged as potential bot user and thus GGS can easily suspend your account. On top of that:

As you know, we reserve the right to skip some steps or block accounts immediately and irrevocably in case of particularly serious violations. ( https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/333265/advancing-the-battle-against-bots#latest )

they can skip the steps and directly close your acc permanantely and all they have to do is say 'SERIOUS VIOLATIONS'. That's reason enough to have all your hard work and time invested into building your account thrown in the garbage. 

I'm not being dramatic, just brutally realistic and I'd really like to be spared of any further 'explanations' or 'assurance policy'  from moderators because it's an insult to all of us. 
    At this point I don't care about players being suspended, I care about players not being allowed to transparency and that worries me deeply. 

BTW. Just to tell you how greatly your bot detecting mechanisms are failing is the fact that I see too many accounts not suspended when for a fact I know they're helped by bots....and thus you lose any credibility even before you started - YOU FAILED....not that you had much credibility left to start with. 

P.S. If i get now permanantely suspended at least I know it will be because I spoke up my mind and it's also on this new server not allowed to do. Oh well, maybe it's time to start thinking about new hobby LOL

Nyx
    Funniest post yet here!!! lol

You seem to be confusing your examples. What we are seeing now is a server built on justice and enforcement of the rules. Its a turning point all right, but a turning point from (as you put) a North Korea type server where no rules are enforced, to that of a fair server, where those who willfully violate the rules are punished. In North Korea as you put it, that would never happen. As for your comments about transparency and stuff, this is standard for online games. they won't give information on bot detection that would then benefit the botters.
Sign In to comment.