We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Making LOOK pieces more attractive to use.

Few people have used LOOK pieces regularly before the recent spate of free LOOKs from the Paddy Day and Easter special RBC kings. Usually these were the larger ruby players or players that spent a lot of time farming towers to make enough rubies to buy the 90 day LOOK items. I believe that the reason for this is that you have to pay twice for the LOOK. You pay the appropriate price when you buy it, but then you also have to pay to remove the gem before the LOOK time runs out. With the high costs to remove gems this makes the LOOK items unattractive to the majority of players as an item to purchase.

MY IDEA:

When the timer for the look item runs out have the gem go back to the inventory for free. This will GREATLY increase the usage of LOOK items because you are not having to make the second ruby payment to save your gem.

CAUTION:

In my IDEA there is danger of game imbalance. I would suggest the free removal be limited to "in game" only gems. The unique purchase gems/event gems would imbalance the game if widely used. Anyone that has the funds/desire to pay the hundreds of thousands of rubies to use/remove those unique gems still can, but I will personally be using a level 10 or 11in game gem.

Reason to Consider:

I believe implementation of this idea would expand the usage of LOOK items by multitudes. It will add a new dimension to the game and make LOOK items much more desirable to the smaller ruby buyers and bigger non-ruby buyers. Regular usage of the LOOKs with good gems would increase player desire to use more, or to make sure they continue to have them, increasing ruby sales.

Please comment (approve, disapprove, or suggest modifications to the idea) to let GGE know that this is something the gaming community would like to see explored in more detail. If you want to flame please think out your replay and list the reasons rather than a "This is stupid/Your an Idiot" post. I have spent time trying to think of the positives and negatives of the idea related to game play. Please do the same so we can make a usable and fun addition to the game.
Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• i like the idea, but i think they still wouldnt be used that much.  90 day looks are expensive and it would be a major bonus to offense rather that defense which might be an imbalance. pretty cool idea tho
    Lol it's lit.  If you want my rvs/ops just message me on gge 

HIVE

@usa1

Plz hit me

• Easter look item looks like someone took a shit on their castle
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 22.04.2017
    I am confused. Look items are not gems. They are equipment. What does look items have anything to do with gems? As for look items you can just simply sell them for gold coins instead of having to pay rubies to remove them. Look items are much easier to remove than gems are. You can also move look items between different castles as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 22.04.2017
    If you really want to make a look piece more attractive why not GGS instead permanently reduce the price of 99,000 ruby look item for 90 days to only 50,000 rubies to get the look item for 90 days? Even if the cost of rubies were permanently reduced to 50,000 ruby buyers are the ones who are more likely to buy the look item than non ruby buyers anyway. Although this may seem like a good idea I highly doubt this idea of mine would be implemented into the game about permanently reducing the price of rubies for 90 day look item from 99,000 to 50,000. Easter look items on the other hand as E8A6 pointed out are much easier to get and are really not that great looking.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • you can put gems on look items
    Lol it's lit.  If you want my rvs/ops just message me on gge 

HIVE

@usa1

Plz hit me

edited 23.04.2017
    you can put gems on look items
    I never knew this. Thanks.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • @David Noble (US1)

What DeathWalker said. You can put gems on the look items to add to the power of your commander or cast. The problem is since the look items expire, you lose the gem at the end of the time making the cost of having a look not only the rubies to buy it but the gem you put on it unless you spend even more rubies to take it off.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.