Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Alliance members coming in at "Novice"

Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed that new alliance members are coming in at "Novice" level all of a sudden? I know that this happens in open alliances, but it hasn't happened in our closed alliance before.

@BM ang1243
@BM Neroxnex

Is this new arrangement intentional, a mistake, or a glitch?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Debbie
eibbed62 @ au 1

Comments

• It also happens here in my alliance that new people come in as novice, but i don't know why

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,084
    Think it's a new feature or something 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

Baby Yoda @US1
    Gen of AX 

• I'll check with staff when the office opens and let you guys know.                                             

• eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 386
    @BM Neroxnex 

It's been a couple of week days now and I'm just wondering what the answer is.

Thanks,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    used to be that novice level was only for open alliances, so you could see who been invited and who just joined.

dont know if that been changed.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    It must have been changed Phil, because we are still a closed alliance and each time someone has come in on invitation over the past few days, they have come in as novices.

Which is why I asked the question in the first place.
    I am wondering if it was a deliberate change, and if so, why?

or was it a mistake, and if so will they please put it back the way it was?

or is it a glitch, and if so will they please fix it?

Thanks,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
    @BM Neroxnex

Still waiting for the answer.

Thanks,
    Debbie : D 
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Agreed it used to be quite a decent little tool to be able to tell if a player was a proper member or someone who just jumps around open alliances to cause trouble.  (often shells).

Be a shame if they took that away. 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Kozmo (US1)Kozmo (US1) Posts: 373
    I like it that way so I can join an alliance and do a mistake and I'll just blame the "novic" rank
  • I just spoke with the Quality Assurance and Development Team.

Novice should only be for people who join an open enrollment alliance. Member should be given to anyone invited. GoodGame Studios is aware that everyone is joining with the Novice rank. I've been told this bug will be fixed upon the next update.                  

• I just spoke with the Quality Assurance and Development Team.

Novice should only be for people who join an open enrollment alliance. Member should be given to anyone invited. GoodGame Studios is aware that everyone is joining with the Novice rank. I've been told this bug will be fixed upon the next update.                  

I quite like this "bug", its very helpful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file