We need new Moderators!
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.
If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE
Connection to European servers - LOST 28/03/2017
We just lost connection to all servers, we're investigating.
It is affecting all games, and so could be something to do with the network cluster at GGS Data centre.
I will update you all as soon as I have more information, but I have to remind you all that the information we have at the moment is very limited, and so there isn't really anything we can update you all with.
Please bear with us while we solve the problem.
- The Server will be down for over an hour based on the most recent estimates - update 10:21 CET
- The moderators have requested food for all players - Update 10:00 CET
- The food requested by the community simply cannot be granted, the servers are completely disconnected, Server developers cannot reach the servers, and so we can't get onto the dashboard to grant food to everyone, if it becomes possible, I'll update you all and let you know. - Update 10:26 CET
- We discussed a potential rollback, however the rollback would take 4-5 hours to complete, meaning a 4-5 hour downtime. So it wouldn't be possible really, due to the scale - Update 10:56 CET
- It turns out that it was in fact just the European game servers which have gone offline, so hopefully everyone else should be able to get on the game I believe INT1 and INT2 are included in the 'European' servers. - Update 11:35 CET
The reason for this inability to connect to the game was a connection problem in the server provider centre, which we couldn’t possibly foresee and that we could not fix directly, since it’s a separate entity not directly under GGS' control.
At the moment it is really tricky to get a clear answer on how things are progressing for multiple reasons, but primarily because all of the people who could be asked for an update are busy trying to resolve the problem itself, it is also unclear at this stage how long the downtime will be, as obviously it has been a lot longer than we first expected.
As I've said above, it is out of the direct control of the team here who are able to communicate to everyone.
Personally, the only advice I can give at the moment is to have a few hours away from the game and trying to get on, food will be granted to every player's castles as soon as it is possible to do so. It will overflow all storehouses, so you can base estimates of time your remaining troops are safe for on that.
Update from QA Wintermute - 15.30 CET
For several hours we have not been able to reach our data center and our live games have not been available. We still do not know how long the downtime will last, but here is some information about how things will progress.
As soon as we recover contact with the servers, we will take them down for about 30 minutes. This sounds counterproductive at first, but during this downtime we will pump food into all castles. Unfortunately, the server must be down, otherwise we could not do that.
Depending on how long the server disconnection lasts, we will release a compensation in the form of a blue gift some time after the servers are back online. Since unfortunately also our QA servers are not available, we will have to wait to test the parameters for the gift until they are available again (to avoid typing errors / a broken gift). We hope to get this done today of course. If the servers remain down for a long time, it may be that this solution shifts to tomorrow.
This compensation will take into account the nomads as well as today's downtime.