Home News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Connection to European servers - LOST 28/03/2017

ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,836
Hi all,

We just lost connection to all servers, we're investigating.

It is affecting all games, and so could be something to do with the network cluster at GGS Data centre.

I will update you all as soon as I have more information, but I have to remind you all that the information we have at the moment is very limited, and so there isn't really anything we can update you all with.

Please bear with us while we solve the problem.

Angus

Updates:

• The Server will be down for over an hour based on the most recent estimates - update 10:21 CET
  • The moderators have requested food for all players - Update 10:00 CET
  • The food requested by the community simply cannot be granted, the servers are completely disconnected, Server developers cannot reach the servers, and so we can't get onto the dashboard to grant food to everyone, if it becomes possible, I'll update you all and let you know. - Update 10:26 CET
  • We discussed a potential rollback, however the rollback would take 4-5 hours to complete, meaning a 4-5 hour downtime. So it wouldn't be possible really, due to the scale - Update 10:56 CET
  • It turns out that it was in fact just the European game servers which have gone offline, so hopefully everyone else should be able to get on the game ;) I believe INT1 and INT2 are included in the 'European' servers. - Update 11:35 CET
Update 15:13 CET:
The reason for this inability to connect to the game was a connection problem in the server provider centre, which we couldn’t possibly foresee and that we could not fix directly, since it’s a separate entity not directly under GGS' control.

At the moment it is really tricky to get a clear answer on how things are progressing for multiple reasons, but primarily because all of the people who could be asked for an update are busy trying to resolve the problem itself, it is also unclear at this stage how long the downtime will be, as obviously it has been a lot longer than we first expected.

As I've said above, it is out of the direct control of the team here who are able to communicate to everyone.

Personally, the only advice I can give at the moment is to have a few hours away from the game and trying to get on, food will be granted to every player's castles as soon as it is possible to do so. It will overflow all storehouses, so you can base estimates of time your remaining troops are safe for on that.

Update from QA Wintermute - 15.30 CET
Wintermute said:

Hey,

For several hours we have not been able to reach our data center and our live games have not been available. We still do not know how long the downtime will last, but here is some information about how things will progress.

As soon as we recover contact with the servers, we will take them down for about 30 minutes. This sounds counterproductive at first, but during this downtime we will pump food into all castles. Unfortunately, the server must be down, otherwise we could not do that.

Depending on how long the server disconnection lasts, we will release a compensation in the form of a blue gift some time after the servers are back online. Since unfortunately also our QA servers are not available, we will have to wait to test the parameters for the gift until they are available again (to avoid typing errors / a broken gift). We hope to get this done today of course. If the servers remain down for a long time, it may be that this solution shifts to tomorrow.

This compensation will take into account the nomads as well as today's downtime.

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    edited 28.03.2017
    Shady lady's f***ed for me, if it has anything to do with this. I lag out every time I click it, refreshed and reloaded multiple times.

• hmmm ok them hope some food is added to our castles like last time was in the middle of making a new commander for an attack just got on like 30 minutes previous
    Finally managed to set up an account again yipee. Time 8 I think
    Whats the deal with 7k food storehouses? (I be like 40 minute power naps to stop my 2k troops deserting lol)

(LurRuler - of castle omikron Percei8 and future king of UK1 server
     Level 70 - leg 5 the Fearless at UK 1 @Pugnare Sculls - best alliance ever.
     Non- ruby buyer playing since 7th of July - 8pm approx.) OLD ACCOUNT GONE NOW

New Account - [email protected] UK1 treasurer at Birds of Prey
    Level 48 - the terrible non ruby buyer started Wednesday the 8th at 5 pm-ish

NUFF SAID

• Akasha (GB1)Akasha (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    i just went out just by checking troops not done any thing yet  short on food in main and 2 outpost already guess I can say kiss good by to my troops AGAIN
    Your tears almost have my paddling pool filled, keep going : )
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,836
    Hi all,

I will continue to update both in comments by me, and in the 'Updates' section of the original post further up.

The current estimates for uptime see it as being over an hour or so, it could be sooner, but we just don't know.

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

The food requested by the community simply cannot be granted, the servers are completely disconnected, Server developers cannot reach the servers, and so we can't get onto the dashboard to grant food to everyone, if it becomes possible, I'll update you all and let you know.

Hi all,

I will continue to update both in comments by me, and in the 'Updates' section of the original post further up.

The current estimates for uptime see it as being over an hour or so, it could be sooner, but we just don't know.

Cheers,

Angus
    How does one lose connection to their servers?

The food requested by the community simply cannot be granted, the servers are completely disconnected, Server developers cannot reach the servers, and so we can't get onto the dashboard to grant food to everyone, if it becomes possible, I'll update you all and let you know.
    I'm presuming food and troops will be rewarded after the hotfix? ^_^

• OxO (AU1) said:
    you will be offered the chance to put a ticket into support just for it to be ignored for a month or so and then turned down as you no longer have the proof that you lost anything.

seems to be the recurring theme .

SO True!!!!

• Akasha (GB1)Akasha (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    I find it amusing that all those players constantly complaining about this game are the bigger hitters. always asking for more troops then they could have possible lost and more food .if you think the game is that bad  why don't you just quit.

After all this is just a game and YOUR life does not depend on it......
    Your tears almost have my paddling pool filled, keep going : )
    OxO (AU1) said:
    you will be offered the chance to put a ticket into support just for it to be ignored for a month or so and then turned down as you no longer have the proof that you lost anything.

seems to be the recurring theme .
    Damn, I had such high expectations

edited 28.03.2017
    Update:

We discussed a potential rollback, however the rollback would take 4-5 hours to complete, meaning a 4-5 hour downtime - so it wouldn't be possible most likely.

A rollback would make the status of the game as if the downtime hadn't occurred, so there wouldn't be the desertions which may be happening now, etc.

Angus

• Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 264

shock horror another cock up by GGE to go with the nomads one yesterday lol 
    Stevemass @ en 1
    edited 28.03.2017
    Update:

We discussed a potential rollback, however the rollback would take 4-5 hours to complete, meaning a 4-5 hour downtime - so it wouldn't be possible most likely.

A rollback would make the status of the game as if the downtime hadn't occurred, so there wouldn't be the desertions which may be happening now, etc.

Angus
    The sooner you get the servers up, better imo. If the servers aren't up for like 1/2 an hour that could be fine, if you can get it up in that time or less. I'd prefer a roll back being a last resort, but just my opinion

• jsm1t (GB1)jsm1t (GB1) GB1 Posts: 71
    I find it amusing that all those players constantly complaining about this game are the bigger hitters. always asking for more troops then they could have possible lost and more food .if you think the game is that bad  why don't you just quit.

After all this is just a game and YOUR life does not depend on it......
    The bigger hitters as you say would most probably be the ones who spend their money on the game thus making it a free game for the smaller hitters. As a smaller hitter myself i can see why if someone spent money on something and then it broke without being able to use it i'd be a bit peeved, and want some sort of compensation.
    “Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money!”  George Carlin
    Update:

It turns out that it was in fact just the European game servers which have gone offline, so hopefully everyone else should be able to get on the game ;) I believe INT1 and INT2 are included in the 'European' servers.

Angus

• FireStorm (AU1)FireStorm (AU1) Posts: 98
    edited 28.03.2017
    Update:

It turns out that it was in fact just the European game servers which have gone offline, so hopefully everyone else should be able to get on the game ;) I believe INT1 and INT2 are included in the 'European' servers.

Angus

Thats why i could still get in on Aisa1 and Aus:)

BTW are they still doing a compensation gift for Nomads?

Sign In to comment.