Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Should I concentrate on more outposts in the 'green' kingdom before branching out to the others?

I have been playing for about 6 weeks now. I spend entirely too much time playing this game. lol 

I have two outposts in the green kingdom. I am level 34 now. I got there quickly, mostly because of the samurai campaign during which I continuously attacked their camps, and when they were burning, I hit the robber barons. I built up lots of coins and points. 

My outposts are stone and wood. I didn't know anything about what to look for in an outpost and just took what I could find. I didn't know about 'shiny' outposts, nor that I should try to find food outposts first and foremost. I am constantly scraping, looting, and trying to get food so my soldiers don't starve. 
(The game is unnecessarily frustrating it seems to me. And over priced.) 

The game sends prompts urging me to build outposts in these new kingdoms, which cost much in terms of resources and coin. I am unable to meet the demands for resources and coins needed to upgrade my castle and ops, as well as recruit and equip soldiers. 

[Obviously, the creator of the game meant to frustrate players, I believe, in hopes that we will break down and spend our actual legal tender buying rubies so we can upgrade, recruit, heal, buy tools and other items, etc. The continual popups offering 'deals' on game rubies are evidence of this, as well as being an annoyance. I have a running debate with myself on whether I should simply quit playing the game. ]

So, when I upgrade my estate and get more castellans, should I just acquire more outposts in the green kingdom, where at least my ops can send market barrows to each other?

Comments

• Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) US1 Posts: 398
    Honestly i would do OPs before going to other kingdoms. It is easier to build in ice when your OPs and main have been built up. I have seen level 70s that have yet to join ice.
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 28.03.2017
    Build your OPs first, try to unlock everything you can in those OPs - you will need resources, troops, etc to build in ice without hiccups and that isn't the lone advantage of having good OPs, you can conduct your samurai, nomads, etc hits from there as well i.e just basically everything you can do from your MC. Having good OPs is crucial for later stages in the game, do not neglect them and do not have them just for the sake of market barrows. 
    With regular hitting (which you already seem to be doing and that's brilliant), developing OPs shouldn't be a problem at all. Build up resources from the hitting you already are doing, upgrade farmhouses, barracks, etc.  and with enough hitting, you probably will never need barrows again.

Shiny OPs: 
     Image result for outpost gge
    To utilise OPs to the maximum extent you'll need those. You may not find such free OPs if you are in the middle of the map, try searching the map's edges or try getting one from a dead player or a friend, they are a hard find.
    These OPs can have 8 farmhouses operating at 100% efficiency(versus the 6 for a normal 'non shiny' OP)  = more troops, a good player is characterised by the OPs he/she holds and how developed they are and how efficiently he/she uses it.  

You may need to pause for a while if you haven't really made up your MC, as OPs will require some time and dedication (you won't regret it) and your MC dictates how fast you'll upgrade your OPs. So if you think you still have big things to do in your MC, then complete those and then proceed to your OPs.

Good luck hunting, and yes the game is overpriced. ( You can live without buying rubies quite  well  just by attacking 'fortresses' and towers regularly in ice, sand, fire once you unlock them )

Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Doesn't matter that much, either way is good. If you enter EW now you can loot resources from there and use those to build, it won't be enough to upgrade everything as you level up. If you don't it means all your castles will be stronger overall. I personally would go just so you can start attacking Barbarian Towers (link to all spy reports to save coins www.ggeguide.com/spy-reports/everwinter-glacier-spy-reports-snow-map ). As stated by @Akhil50 (IN1) get 8 food OPs. They are EXTREMELY hard to find on the US server because it is so large, I couldn't find a single free one after looking for over half an hour.

The more you attack NPC's the stronger you get basically, get resources and coins to recruit troops back and upgrade equipment to reduce losses and loot more until you can't loot any higher. Join an alliance that gets all the rewards in events so you get heaps of time skips. Means you can attack samurai and nomads more. They give out a lot of coins, buying rubies isn't something you need to do to get strong, I have reached over 400K might at level 67 and haven't spent a cent (will soon though because why not)

.And when you say, "I spend entirely too much time playing this game" I use to play 11-16 hours a day on school holidays.  
    Good luck, level 70 is a lot more fun that low levels by the way ;)
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Thanks to all. 
    I would love to find a shiny food op somewhere. As mentioned that isn't an easy task. I have one wood and one stone op in the green kingdom now. 
    I did get an op in the winter ice world. I am slowly building it up, but it is slow going. I am attacking barbarian towers there. But it is hard to get the tools I need to save soldier so I lose a lot of them. But with the coins I get from sams and noms I can always recruit more. That lone op in the ice world is always low on resources. I can see it will take time to build it up. 
    I made the mistake of getting the cheapest one offered. I should have chosen the middle one. Lesson learned. 

I think I am going to focus on the green kingdom for now. Once I upgrade and get more castellans I will look for another good op, one with food. Hopefully it won't be at the end of the world. 

Thanks again for sharing your experience and wisdom. It is a fund game. 
    I did get an op in the winter ice world. I am slowly building it up, but it is slow going. I am attacking barbarian towers there. But it is hard to get the tools I need to save soldier so I lose a lot of them.

You can buy tools from the armorer, cost a fair bit but it is worth it in the end. They pay 13K coins maxed level (level 51) and you lose 1-3 troops per hit and don't need to use tools anymore :) 

• Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 30.03.2017
    Thanks to all. 
    I would love to find a shiny food op somewhere. As mentioned that isn't an easy task. I have one wood and one stone op in the green kingdom now. 
    I think I am going to focus on the green kingdom for now. Once I upgrade and get more castellans I will look for another good op, one with food. Hopefully it won't be at the end of the world. 

If you find one and its 40-50+ clicks away, relocate, you wouldn't like to have OPs far away which are not only more prone to attacks and captures, developing them would take more time. Join a big good alliance which recruits folks like you, show them how active and loyal you can be. They probably will have dead players with OPs and if you are lucky they might gift you one.(That's how it works here anyway, I've got no idea bout your server) 
    Goodluck again.
    Post edited by Akhil50 (IN1) on
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • Thanks to all. 

If you find one and its 40-50+ clicks away, relocate, you wouldn't like to have OPs far away which are not only more prone to attacks and captures, developing them would take more time. Join a big good alliance which recruits folks like you, show them how active and loyal you can be. They probably will have dead players with OPs and if you are lucky they might gift you one.(That's how it works here anyway, I've got no idea bout your server) 
    Goodluck again.
    I just hate leaving the ops I have been building up so far. One is wood and one is stone. There are two more wood ops nearby. I think I am going to see if my team leader can help me get a food op nearby. Hopefully a shiny one. That would be great. 
    If I am going to relocate then I should do it now, I know that. The longer I wait, the more I will be leaving behind in my current ops. If I relocate a great distance from them, it would not make sense to keep them since transport would take so long. 
    I will have to see what I can work out.

My team leader has had life issues recently, health and family stuff. I don't know how serious or long term they are. If she were to have to stop playing for some reason, I would look to join some other alliance. I don't want to bale on her though
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,063
    I did get an op in the winter ice world. I am slowly building it up, but it is slow going. I am attacking barbarian towers there. But it is hard to get the tools I need to save soldier so I lose a lot of them.

You can buy tools from the armorer, cost a fair bit but it is worth it in the end. They pay 13K coins maxed level (level 51) and you lose 1-3 troops per hit and don't need to use tools anymore :) 
    1 to 3 troops per hit so you are going via flanks and front? that makes it less coin efficent I loose 6-7 when going front and I need 0 tools and without %loot and 90 melee/ 90 ranged it pays *setting up attack on max ice tower*
    13,513 :P

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    try to get 3 6 food ops in the least

1 to 3 troops per hit so you are going via flanks and front? that makes it less coin efficent I loose 6-7 when going front and I need 0 tools and without %loot and 90 melee/ 90 ranged it pays *setting up attack on max ice tower*
    I remember losing the same amount of troops each way (was about 3 months ago since I have hit a max tower). You lose 1 on the wall if you go 1 flank and middle and 1-2 in the courtyard vary for comms, and you just lose 3 in the courtyard if you go middle.

• you want 8 foods long term, dont put ANY rubies into your wood/stone OPs you will dump them in time and pick up food OPs. 

Best bit of advice I can give you is try and find a set of three close together, some alliances "keep" sets of Ops to pass onto new players, ask your leader and any sub/bigger alliances your a sub of if any of threse are available. 

DONT RESEARCH VET MACEMEN AND VET XBOWS.... the other dudes are nice and fast and wortk perfectly fine for leveling towers even in green to about lvl40...

dont stress about tools either, 2 dummy waves = tools sacked... = less tools you have to use. 

I dont have the link for the towers report but @BM ang1243 might be able to link it, basically shows you the esp reports in advance so you dont have to esp them and recomends a tooling set up. 

my advice is different to most, if you can enter BS, do it, and level 15 towers as fast as you can with macemen and xbows....  just keep hitting them as often as you can win with those troops and keep 300 good range troops (KG range at your levle?) to hit the campsyou cant clear with macemen etc. 

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    Outposts are more important than other realms, IMO. Max your outposts first before you go to EW

• jonesydeath (GB1)jonesydeath (GB1) GB1 Posts: 215

I remember losing the same amount of troops each way (was about 3 months ago since I have hit a max tower). You lose 1 on the wall if you go 1 flank and middle and 1-2 in the courtyard vary for comms, and you just lose 3 in the courtyard if you go middle.
    Screenshot or it didnt happen 3 loses going center? what are you using a god comm???
    Odins Fury - The legend lives on

When you dare with me,
    You dare with Death.
  • Personally, i would go to kingdoms first, build up a nice desert castle as i find hitting fortresses very useful and easy.

You only lose about 70-150 mace men/crossbowmen per attack on a desert fortress if you use ladders/rams and a good commander.

Much easier to farm rubies in kingdoms, especially with stables level 3.

• you want 8 foods long term, dont put ANY rubies into your wood/stone OPs you will dump them in time and pick up food OPs. 

Best bit of advice I can give you is try and find a set of three close together, some alliances "keep" sets of Ops to pass onto new players, ask your leader and any sub/bigger alliances your a sub of if any of threse are available. 

DONT RESEARCH VET MACEMEN AND VET XBOWS.... the other dudes are nice and fast and wortk perfectly fine for leveling towers even in green to about lvl40...

dont stress about tools either, 2 dummy waves = tools sacked... = less tools you have to use. 

I dont have the link for the towers report but @BM ang1243 might be able to link it, basically shows you the esp reports in advance so you dont have to esp them and recomends a tooling set up. 

my advice is different to most, if you can enter BS, do it, and level 15 towers as fast as you can with macemen and xbows....  just keep hitting them as often as you can win with those troops and keep 300 good range troops (KG range at your levle?) to hit the campsyou cant clear with macemen etc. 
    OK, dummy waves. Do you mean using one maceman per front, and sides, on the first two waves? Another player called these suicide waves. Is this what you mean?
    If not, please explain and advise. Thanks.

Screenshot or it didnt happen 3 loses going center? what are you using a god comm???
    Think I got that number wrong lol

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    The recommendation when I started was to look for an 8 food 2 wood or stone outpost.  You get three and I have 2 stone and 1 wood.  On balance with the production of wooden mantlets which eat wood for resource players I'd recommend going 2 wood outposts 1 stone for later in the game or if you are very active and won't be using rubies to build.  The reason players recommend 8 food is that the food production from those ops is significantly higher so they are in demand.  Most more established alliances in the mid range hold players who may be less active, if these players leave then the alliance tends to pass the ops to developing players within their alliance or sub alliances.  If these ops have ruby buildings can save a new player a lot of time and money to capture from within an alliance the ops of a player who is leaving.  Essentially you leave the alliance send a capture return to the alliance pop back out before the capture hits and then return with your new op.  Some resource buildings are generally destroyed but if you are an active player at a lower level in a bigger alliance players like me would send resources to help you develop.  

In terms of moving normally we used to time player jumps to create a RV spawn but these days is less signficant.  As a rule of thumb when you are new in a realm you cop a lot of hits as you develop from establish players so the advice is generally to go when you are strong enough to defend yourself.  Developing in green first is a good idea.  I had a good set up and relatively strong account and still got nailed - a lot - in sand and fire.  I'd say might be worth looking at how the new Resource Villages work and look based on that.  

One thing worth knowing now is that for the tower achievements you need to develop 15 towers in green ice sand and fire to get your full achievements start early with those as it's a real pain to have to go back and bring them up from scratch as I had to do.

Hope this helps and good luck US server is much tougher place to succeed than other servers I'd say.  Key thing looks to be to perform well in events and get your weekly looting up as that's how you get recruited.  It's also a lot easier to win event rewards at a lower level so I'd say go all out early on try and capture some of those becomes horrendously tough given spend at top end.  Those 425 PO items and heroes stand you in good stead later on.    
    Batten @ en 1
  • test19PCPP (US1)test19PCPP (US1) US1 Posts: 126
    edited 03.05.2017
    Even with macemen, I only lose 23-24 on a max Barb tower with a 90 melee (with 15 from hero) commander with 40 cy from the gems. With just a 90 melee, it is 28. And it only takes about 10-13 minutes (depending on which commander you are using) to heal them all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file