We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

179»

Comments

• so its ok for an alliance to hit you 50 times cause they dont like you, but when you say something you get suspended?   wow...sounds like a bunch of politicians running this game..
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,507INT3
    so its ok for an alliance to hit you 50 times cause they dont like you, but when you say something you get suspended?   wow...sounds like a bunch of politicians running this game..
    Kinda………… it depends on who the Alliance is, and who you said that to...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• esa2 is banned? 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    The account was the belief is generally that the player has returned in another account
    Batten @ en 1
  • There are inevitably lots of multis, bots and apps being used to gain a perceived advantage.

GGE have done little about it and historically have been well behind the curve on data privacy, harassment etc. Gender balance of the game likely tells a story here.

My solution is to play my game and not bother with competing with other players. After all, even if the above cheats were eradicated, in the end you can get well ahead by spending, yet in doing so you engage less in problem solving. It is the latter that provides much of the fun. Outers provides a good example. Players that buy cast and comm, a load of food and defenders, parking 6 k in a level 11 castle are going through the motions, but only gaining enjoyment from ownership. Players that squeeze the max out of what is available ar having a lot more fun.

As problem solving recedes into the distance, the game is less fun. That is the challenge for GGE and, apart form Outers, I see no changes that address this even in part.

To be fair GGE are between a rock and a hard place. They are a for-profit company, so changes will tend to max income, while not damaging gameplay to the extent of killing the game. A not-for-profit (still has to make a substantial surplus to invest, but money stays in the company, rather than going to shareholders) compnay would of course have taken teh game in very different directions.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I agree to a degree.  Where I disagree is that those players breaking the rules directly impacts on the ability of other players to have a positive experience and in many instances that is a deliberate attempt to prevent to ruin people's game experience beyond a game context.  They cheat we know they cheat they benefit from cheating to our detriment and GGE act way to late to make any action they take sufficient to redress or address the damage done.  Nobody is going to recommend to friends a game where they will have a poor experience because of both economic disadvantage and a competitive disadvantage resulting from the game managers failing to enforce the rules.  It's a bit like a 100m race where they let false starts go.  You might still win but more likely you don't.  And the complete lack of trust or respect between players and within the community creates a poisionous and unhealthy attmosphere.  There has to be a game to play and I personally don't see there is any more and I don't trust the majority of the players.  
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.