We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

Comments

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 268GB1

" You could in my view help your position by clearly providing service statistics from support which show across the last four to five years or even the last month:

·         No of reports of terms and conditions breaches reported

·         No of reports of terms and conditions investigated

·         No of players suspended for 6 hours

·         No of players suspended for 12 hours

·         No of players suspended for 24 hours

·         No of players permanently excluded

·         No of accounts using bots identified and addressed

·         No of multi-accounts closed

·         No of shell accounts / alliances closed

·         No of cases of password sharing identified and addressed

·         No of examples of harassment identified and addressed"

I like this idea. Shows the community an accurate reflection of support enquires and actions without causing any data protection issues. Even if this was something to commence from now without any back history reporting.

" You accept you can't beat the bots yet it would seem simple to monitor the top 10 players in each event to see whether there hits are consistently timed, I wouldn't object to that neither would any player who has nothing to hide.  If you lack staff numbers to do that then fine but be honest about it."

Maybe more than top 10? Certainly think this is worth looking at as well. Maybe use weekly loot scores to build  a list of high performance accounts for monitoring as well as event performance. 

"I have never been subject to any punishment but I believe Phil's (HND) concerns are valid and deserve more consideration than a simple dismissal. "

Phil, like most of us, has some valid points but he obscures his with unsupported paranoia and verbal hostility. Almost anyone that disagrees with him finds themselves insulted while he holds to his logic which, at most points, is based on incorrect or warped information / views. If his comments are now simply dismissed as rants and ramblings then it is as a result of his own actions.

Regards
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    With all due respect he was treated with disrespect, threatened and the state of his mental health questioned by players who rather than leaving the disagreement in the forum subsequently choose to attempt to punish him for his attempt to express his concern in game.  His behvaiour was dealt with the behaviour towards him which was equally unacceptable and which in my view provoked his behaviour seemed not to be.  There was an explicit out of game physical threat made against him which was let go.  It's unacceptable whoever is guilty and it highlights that CM's are needed to fully cover the forum during the hours the forum and the game are operational not just on a part time or volunteer basis.  Whether it's me, Phil or anyone else regardless of level, spend, ability or eloquence if we are going to have rules they need to be applied equally, not when it's convenient or financially beneficial.  If Phil crosses the line then he should be reigned in but by CM and BM's within the rules, intimidating players for holding views you don't agree with is a slippery slope and implies they are voicing an opinion worth silencing.  I don't agree with everything Phil says and not how he says it but he didn't set the tone he's simply continuing the trail others were allowed to blaze before him.  

I don't believe he is paranoid and the fact GGE have admitted an issue with bots they can't solve and have accepted they have to physically change the game to deal with multi-account and password sharing tends to suggest that the underpinning arguements he makes are accurate.  You just have to look at Graycat's post to see how open and explicit the issues he outlines are now.  Ignoring problems and hoping they go away doesn't work.  Phil needs to reign it in and treat players with more respect but that is for the CM's to deal with.  
    Batten @ en 1
    With all due respect he was treated with disrespect, threatened and the state of his mental health questioned by players who rather than leaving the disagreement in the forum subsequently choose to attempt to punish him for his attempt to express his concern in game.  His behvaiour was dealt with the behaviour towards him which was equally unacceptable and which in my view provoked his behaviour seemed not to be.  There was an explicit out of game physical threat made against him which was let go.  It's unacceptable whoever is guilty and it highlights that CM's are needed to fully cover the forum during the hours the forum and the game are operational not just on a part time or volunteer basis.  Whether it's me, Phil or anyone else regardless of level, spend, ability or eloquence if we are going to have rules they need to be applied equally, not when it's convenient or financially beneficial.  If Phil crosses the line then he should be reigned in but by CM and BM's within the rules, intimidating players for holding views you don't agree with is a slippery slope and implies they are voicing an opinion worth silencing.  I don't agree with everything Phil says and not how he says it but he didn't set the tone he's simply continuing the trail others were allowed to blaze before him.  

I don't believe he is paranoid and the fact GGE have admitted an issue with bots they can't solve and have accepted they have to physically change the game to deal with multi-account and password sharing tends to suggest that the underpinning arguements he makes are accurate.  You just have to look at Graycat's post to see how open and explicit the issues he outlines are now.  Ignoring problems and hoping they go away doesn't work.  Phil needs to reign it in and treat players with more respect but that is for the CM's to deal with.  
    With all due respect to you Batten, you have not been on the receiving end from Phil. The man talking on here is almost unrecognisable from the man that used to laugh and joke in the diplomatic skype room. It is undoubtedly the same man based on speech pattern and style but my first comments came about because of the implication that Praetorians intimidate women which is an untrue and unacceptable implication (and ironic given how many of us ARE women). In this thread he has said CG and Praetorians used multis to strip op's. I know Prae have not as his op's were stripped from him by a player in prae who dropped an op. I am not going to counter every claim made over at least 6 months of stuff but I personally have asked him once, if he lost the plot? The rest of my comments have focused specifically on his comments / issues / concerns. Can he say the same for me? no, as I have had verbal aggression, condescension, sexual suggestions and slurs from Phil. There are times when I have stepped away from the forum rather than go another round on it. Chasing players out of the forum because someone is too unpleasant to deal with is surely not what should happen over a game we all play for fun? Perhaps look back over the full 6/7 month history Batten. I think you will find that HND set the tone of the conversation himself and others followed. I have spoken up more than once and requested people remain civil but after all the insults I had received, I was certainly not going to bend over backwards to help Phil.  I wonder Batten what your response would have been after months of having someone cast aspersions on your morals and character, and then have the 2-4 man alliance they are in starts stealing rv's on Christmas Day?  That would be the point that Prae declared in-game war and that is not in response to a calm and civil game concern being expressed.  

Regards
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
    Phil, like most of us, has some valid points but he obscures his with unsupported paranoia and verbal hostility. Almost anyone that disagrees with him finds themselves insulted while he holds to his logic which, at most points, is based on incorrect or warped information / views. If his comments are now simply dismissed as rants and ramblings then it is as a result of his own actions.
    Regards
    Cheryl

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. See - it is precisely this level of dishonesty that really pees me off... You would sacrifice truth, and a good man, for what, Cheza? But okay; let's unpack this, shall we? smfh

Firstly - Show me one abusive post written by me that was NOT a response to an abusive post.

Secondly - Show me a post written by anyone who simply disagreed with me in a non-abusive fashion and to which I responded with insults.

Thirdly - Provide one piece of evidence that is sufficient to demonstrate that I am paranoid.

Fourthly - Show me one claim I have made that is based on 'incorrect or warped information / views'.

Whilst you flounder with these straightforward tasks, I will leave you with the following:

I correctly connected HakHat to the Toe account.

I correctly connected Adler to the Griffin account.

I provided evidence on this forum which showed that a moderator was involved with distributing the Melisandra app.

I provided evidence on this forum showing that this game was being used as a vehicle for credit card theft and that tools were being sold for cash in-game.

I provided evidence on the forum showing that despite their claims to the contrary, certain players knew of AND were engaged in multi-accounting and pass-sharing.

As a result of providing this evidence, I was banned from the forum and the evidence was deleted.

I then claimed that the mods were covering up for cheats and in the case of the credit-card theft, they were covering up for crime which in itself is a criminal offence.

I claimed that GGS staff were playing this game and was ridiculed for it. And yet, subsequently, a member of support confirmed that "... a number of my colleagues play on the UK server and I have an account on the US server...."

One Sunday night, I tool-cleaned Praetorians players - The following afternoon my account was suspended on the basis of a forged abusive PM despite the FACT that NO-ONE has received a PM from this account for months. Support refused point blank to provide me with the details of the alleged PM.

The following Wednesday night, I tool-cleaned Praetorians players - The following afternoon my account was again suspended, this time on the basis of a false allegation of pass-sharing. Support refused to provide me with details of when my account was allegedly illegally accessed and thusly denied me the opportunity to compare the time/date to entries in my Session Monitor which would have proved the claim of the support staff to be entirely false...

and I reasonably concluded that members of support lied for and acted in the interests of Praetorians.

On the forum, I have been called 'a c**t', a 'nonce', I have been threatened with violence and my views have been dismissed as the rantings of a sexual abuse victim - No action taken.

I used the terms 'Muppet' and 'idiot' - I was sanctioned and then banned.

Conclusion - the mods are acting entirely in the interest of my 'enemies'.

Abbie voices concerns regarding child-protection and Mikeshot calls her a paedophile - Action taken? Abbie is banned and the thread is deleted. (This puts me in mind of what happened to Tommy Robinson - Google 'Tommy Robinson Charity Walk'... Tommy is assaulted by a Muslim and the cops arrest Tommy. Unbelievable - Check it out.)

Abbie accuses a Praets player of being a cheat in a PM - Her account is suspended.

Mikeshot accuses Abbie of being a cheat by PM - No action taken.

While we were banned, Abbie and I expressed our views on cheats in our alliance description - Abbie's account was suspended.

Skel names an RV, 'hndi' - No action taken...

Etc., etc.

Paranoia? Incorrect/warped information?

I look forward to reading your justification for attempting to discredit mine.

Regards.

I have not lied nor been dishonest. 

So Firstly you have verbally abused me on here and it was not in response to verbal abuse from me to you. (Some of your comments have been removed from forum but discussions after them still exist) Considering a lot of our forum interactions began with the implied comment on Praetorians intimidating women (thread below for people to make up their own minds what can be reasonably inferred from the comment), for you to make sexual insults to me was ironic and unacceptable. You do not have posts you can provide as evidence of me insulting you and yet you have never apologised for crossing the line with me. What does that say about your character? Since you feel qualified to pass comment on mine.

Secondly – Page 1 of the following thread ought to demonstrate the answer to this for anyone other than HND. Read my post and his reply.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/330182/when-is-a-breach-of-t-cs-not-a-breach-of-t-cs/p1

Thirdly, the issue with paranoia is evidence, you frequently make claims you don’t support. I.e. Mikeshot2, Adlerunlowe and I are the same person.  Quite apart from the fact we don’t talk alike or play in the same style you offered no evidence and made the claim.  (Evidence can be found on page 4 of the thread below)

Fourthly again, warped information, a conversation between 2 leaders about roles in a war was the basis for slandering Praetorians and implying we intimidate women. (First time I can remember replying to a HND post)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/317146/hypocrisy-with-a-capital-cg/p1 

I will not be replying to posts again from HND as they are simply a means for him to continue trying to make out that I am (insert a variety of terms here, dishonest, unintelligent etc etc ). If anyone other than HND has any questions then feel free to contact me.

Regards

Cheryl

P.S. 

"(By the way; Mike has sent a number of PMs to Abbie in the last week and accused her of cheating... How come he doesn't PM the men here, huh?)"

Seriously? This is what I mean by attempting to manipulate facts. Anyone not knowing them would read into it that Mike is ignoring all the men and targeting women. That is what is implied. What you don’t say is that it is a 3 person alliance consisting of Abbie (as the LEADER), yourself and a promode player that joined you very close to the time that the last member of your alliance, now no longer with you, pro mode was about to expire. So with the facts in place that sentence is why is Mike mailing Abbie and not you? And who is leader of the alliance again?

P.P.S

Yes you are right, You did declare, thank you for reminding me. @Batten (GB1) as HND has reminded me, they declared on us so certainly not pursued by praetorians for expressing a calm and civil game concern but rather for rv attacks etc.

cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Not to poke holes but Minecraft Servers that I have played on have better anti-cheat software and multi-accounting rules.

Whenever someone makes a report you will get a message from an admin saying "Thank you for the report" or "It has been dealt with accordingly"

Fix this.
    I have no loyalty.

• Having read all the comments posted - - I would like to add that GGS use tracking software as standard - i have to enable / disable parts of my security on my PC to get the game to run - surely if they have this data it would be easy to add it to a data base and do some simple comparisons and would get a list of suspects for further investigation (node details etc)

Also having been in several alliances with HND have found him to be a very fair player - was only upset when people broke their own rules!
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • You lot don't half ramble on about pointless sh**

I'm sorry but Himnextdoor think you should use your spare time on some think a little more productive that may improve your life. Seems to me you're wasting your time writing endless garbage that only 1 or two people can be bothered to read and reply too.

• You lot don't half ramble on about pointless sh**

I'm sorry but Himnextdoor think you should use your spare time on some think a little more productive that may improve your life. Seems to me you're wasting your time writing endless garbage that only 1 or two people can be bothered to read and reply too.

No one forced you to read it nor comment.. So why are you?
    I don`t buy rubies i prefer diamonds.
    xx Princess xx
  • I have now read the "announcement " however - where is the "remedies"  for players waiting and waiting to have issues resolved - can we also get a clear cut policy from GG?  
    I think this is a very real issue and one that MUST now be answered - if GG  so care,  then prove that they  care and place clear actions for players  in the same fashion as above! 

Can we get clarity on what is done in a case like mine and others where we have been locked out for days - mine was 4 weeks and waiting  up to 4 days for customer care to respond  between my responses  and only to get the copy and paste replies! 

While I was locked out I asked GG to feed my armies , place me in protection and only in week 4 did such an offer come- really !!!
    I asked what about lost rewards - still waiting......  

I find myself tonight  again with significant game functionality issues - lets hope that I actually get someone really interested in solving issues, some actually investigating

• I have now read the "announcement " however - where is the "remedies"  for players waiting and waiting to have issues resolved - can we also get a clear cut policy from GG?  
    I think this is a very real issue and one that MUST now be answered - if GG  so care,  then prove that they  care and place clear actions for players  in the same fashion as above! 

Can we get clarity on what is done in a case like mine and others where we have been locked out for days - mine was 4 weeks and waiting  up to 4 days for customer care to respond  between my responses  and only to get the copy and paste replies! 

While I was locked out I asked GG to feed my armies , place me in protection and only in week 4 did such an offer come- really !!!
    I asked what about lost rewards - still waiting......  

I find myself tonight  again with significant game functionality issues - lets hope that I actually get someone really interested in solving issues, some actually investigating

Are you saying that you were banned for 4 weeks and then asked support for clarification?

You should know, that due to the extensive spamming by the Azerbijanis (see: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/331970/new-server-azerbaijan1-start/p1) you may have a delay in support reaching back to you.  So what did you get banned for?
Sign In to comment.