We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

Comments

• Red.bird (US1)Red.bird (US1) Posts: 90US1

2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info. 

meaning??? if i login to my acct at the library, and then at my friends place that also plays, and then via my phone service, i will get suspended?

multi-accounting=   having more then 1 account like some alliances with several members are just 1 guy

good thing that they try to stop this
    i knew that i was trying to point out how ip tracking will not work...
    Anything i say in the forums is my personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise doesn't represent my alliance.

In and out of the game since November of 2011
  • I've always been curious as to why multi accounting is so disliked by the goodgame studios.
    HardCase @ usa 1
  • @Perryl (AU1) and many others dont PW share.  Sure a fair few do, but vast majority dont to my knowledge when they value their accounts. 

with multi's there are many variuants of multi's.  I see GGE shutting down one type of multi that affects their cashflow but not many other types that affect our gameplay.  GGE know what im talking about because they caught me out using this very exploit to the absolute max, have told another member of my alliance they can keep using it with multiple accounts they KNOW his doing it just not tell other people. 

That is in an e-mail from support as well, he wont get baned for having multiple accounts, as long as he doesnt tell people.  You go ban his account now he has valid grounds to charge back because previously you have told him he is ok to do what his been doing. 

So, I see them stopping something that will affect their bottom line, their cash flow.  But it wont change gameplay a huge amount, wont get rid of all the dead farms all over the place. 

This, is reality, GGE dont give 2 fks about it. 
  •  Irregularities with payments

Besides the abovementioned offences that are being dealt with by our Customer Service Team, there are also account suspensions issued by our payment and/or fraud departments. Such actions are for things such as unexplained chargebacks or incorrect payment information. The length of these suspensions varies from case to case.

i got suspended and did not know for what. I sent in a Support ticket and as it was pretty urgent, said it was urgent!! I eventually received a reply saying it was something to do with my paypal account. My bad, i had changed credit cards and had not got around to paypal. It was paid anyway but i was still locked out for several days. Examples of this ARE WHERE YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE PLAYER AND TELL HIM AND GIVE HIM/HER A CHANCE TO SORT IT OUT BEFORE YOU PULL THE GODDAMN PIN !!!

makale @ au 1
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    @Perryl (AU1) and many others dont PW share.  Sure a fair few do, but vast majority dont to my knowledge when they value their accounts. 

with multi's there are many variuants of multi's.  I see GGE shutting down one type of multi that affects their cashflow but not many other types that affect our gameplay.  GGE know what im talking about because they caught me out using this very exploit to the absolute max, have told another member of my alliance they can keep using it with multiple accounts they KNOW his doing it just not tell other people. 

That is in an e-mail from support as well, he wont get baned for having multiple accounts, as long as he doesnt tell people.  You go ban his account now he has valid grounds to charge back because previously you have told him he is ok to do what his been doing. 

So, I see them stopping something that will affect their bottom line, their cash flow.  But it wont change gameplay a huge amount, wont get rid of all the dead farms all over the place. 

This, is reality, GGE dont give 2 fks about it. 
    I'm sure if a copy of that email was to be provided to the right person that that support agent would be let go. 

After being around them for a few weeks I can genuinely say that the staff team does care. Just don't tell them I said that. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    Perryl (AU1) said:

And could you make us aware of the suspension 24 hours ahead of time?

No. The whole point of a suspension is for you to be punished. Not for you to be able to manage everything so 24 hours doesn't even affect you. Especially with slowdown. Wow. It's so easy to make that ban pointless. As you said yourself, these short bans are barely even deterrents. 

I think to some extent you hear what you want to hear. He may not have worded it nicely but the point that players will always want more is definitely true. 

Thanks, I would love a cheese and mushroom omelette. :)

lmao - But the irony is delicious; a member of MY alliance received what could be construed as an abusive message from Player A and I was asking to be informed of that player's suspension 24 hours ahead of time. not mine.

I think to some extent you hear what you want to hear.

I am enjoying the discussion, and am not looking to get into the middle of it, but I would expect they would not want to inform ANYONE of a pending suspension.  IF I had received an abusive message, reported it, and was told that (Player X) would be banned in 24 hours, I just MIGHT send out attacks to hit all castles, OPs, and RVs during the suspension.  (I believe you stated this happened to you in a different thread - SO, not fair to you, not fair to anyone)

What I would suggest is that they alert the person who sent the report AFTER the suspension has already happened.  This would be for 2 reasons.  1> SO, the person knows that action WAS taken.  2> So they could be prepared for potential retaliation.  Even IF support doesn't tell the person WHO reported them, the odds are pretty good that they would be able to guess.

Ok, back to the cheap seats, where the popcorn is easier to find than a cheese and mushroom omelet.......... 

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
     I read it as you wrote it. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but that's due to how you wrote it. Throughout most of that post, you complained about when you were banned unjustly. It also doesn't help you write walls of text full of conspiracy theories and other stuff that I just skim over. So, I admit, I may not have fully read what was said either. 

That said, the reasoning still follows. I don't even need to repeat the reason because you've changed nothing. Or are you suggesting that we're supposed to believe you're not going to tell that player before their suspension happens, or assist them in making that suspension less painful?

I'd like a cheese and mushroom omelet too. At least we know we could enjoy breakfast together. lol. Truth is, I think we'd debate fiercely but get along well. You just don't realize it. 

I think that it's a stretch to call that abusive and is exactly the type of message that Kirilis was referring to when he said people ask for bans for ridiculous reasons. 

To be fair, you are not the only member of the community utterly incapable of disseminating information from the written word, it is an affliction shared by the vast majority here, but you do force me to reiterate some of what I have said since your posts represent little more than a smokescreen. And I do find it amusing that you insist that what you inferred from my post, which by your own admission you 'may not have fully read', is what I implied.

I will make this concise:

1, Mikeshot [admitted on Skype that he] reported Abbie to support because our alliance description identified some members of Praetorians as cheats and had her account suspended.

2, Abbie accused a Praets player of being a cheat; she was reported and again, her account was suspended.

3, Mikeshot PMed Abbie and accused her of being a cheat.

Now, given 1 and 2, doesn't 3 conclusively demonstrate that Mikeshot is a hypocrite? And given 1 and 2, isn't Mikeshot guilty of a breach that should earn him a suspension?

So let's not run away with the idea that Kirilis's presence here has to do with anything but obfuscation... Moving on:

1, Praetorians and CG players used alt accounts to cap our assets... We lost our OPs and RVs as a result. We reported this to support but support did nothing and in many cases, support did not even bother to reply to the tickets we submitted.

2, Some players have had their accounts suspended because they were reported for running multiple accounts and/or pass-sharing.

Given 1, doesn't 2 expose the hypocrisy and double-standards of GGS support staff?

So, instead of allowing some preferred members of our wonderful community to use alt accounts to gain an advantage over the rest of us and given the FACT that GGS will NEVER punish these players for their breaches of the T&Cs, would it not be more equitable for GGS to lift the embargo on multis and pass-sharing altogether? This would mean that in respect of multis and pass-sharing at least, we would all be subject to the SAME set of rules as opposed to the two-tier system GGS currently impose on us?

Oh, and apology accepted. :)

People just don't really want to bother reading your whole posts. It's not a lack of capabilities. It's just, idk, we know you're going to rant on and on about conspiracy theories. 

You appear to have ignored my point and just moved on, but that's cool. I'm not really going to bother responding to your posts anymore. I just have better things to do. 

Oh, and if what you say happened actually happened then that's kinda messed up, but I had to fire a GM yesterday. I know how it is. Sometimes staff suck at their job and admins gotta step in. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Red.bird (US1)Red.bird (US1) Posts: 90US1
    edited 25.03.2017
    @himnextdoor (GB1)
    do a recount. and flags are -.5 ;)
    Anything i say in the forums is my personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise doesn't represent my alliance.

In and out of the game since November of 2011
Sign In to comment.