Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

When is a breach of T&Cs NOT a breach of T&Cs?

himnextdoor (GB1)himnextdoor (GB1) GB1 Posts: 443
edited 07.03.2017 in General Discussion

A member of my alliance recently capped an OP from where she intended to attack a player from an alliance, Crimson Guard, with whom we are at war. She built some farmhouses, some hideouts, a barracks and a storehouse there and then the OP was attacked with an occupying force from a dead account in Crimson Sword, CG's 'farm alliance'.

As soon as the cap landed, this 'dead account' jumped over to Crimson Guard where it was stuffed full of defence preventing us from knocking the flag:

And this is the same account as of Sunday night:

And this is the OP as it looks now:

As you can see, the farms and hideouts have been destroyed; why? (Rhetorical question.)

All of which does beg the question; why would CG take on a level 70 player who never loots, EVER? And if you were a member of the support team and you received a ticket that reported what I have shown here, which we did, would you not at least consider this activity as grounds to monitor the IP addresses of that account and compare it with *******'s IP address or indeed any other member of CG since multi-accounting is very much a way of life for many of them? Why *****? Well, capping the OP wasn't a complete waste of time for us:

Typical CG - you win a fair fight against them and they revert to cheating you out of your OP. And the response from support? "You can always knock the flag." Not very helpful and representative of a huge 'f**k you!'

By contrast, one Sunday in the middle of January, I spent the night tool-cleaning Praetorians players. The following afternoon, my account was suspended. Similarly, on the following Wednesday, I did the same again and the following afternoon, my account was once again suspended. I received an e-mail from support telling me my account had been suspended because I had sent an abusive PM to someone. But the thing is, I haven't PMed anyone since early December and support were unwilling to give me the details of the alleged abuse. I can only assume that A, they acted on the basis of a forgery and B, that they failed to check whether or not the PM originated from my account and that the complainant had received such a PM on their account. Apparently, a forged screenshot is acceptable as evidence whereas actual verifiable screenshots (as above) are not.

In respect of the second suspension, I was informed that I had been reported for pass-sharing. Now, think about this for a moment: We have taken a stand against the cheats of this game; the multis, the pass-sharers; we are despised by the BMs and CMs for PROVING that one of the moderators distributed the Melisandra bot app; we have sent ticket after ticket with regard to such things to support and the very idea that we would be stupid enough to pass-share in the knowledge that GGS, and the community, were looking for any excuse to delete our accounts is laughable on its face.

So, I contacted support. I know that no-one has my pass except for GGS and myself and I explained that I have a system monitor app that records the date, time and duration of any apps I am running and in the case of internet access, it also records the IP address I was using at the time. I asked them to tell me the time/date when my account was accessed so I could compare it to my log. I figured that since support would have to choose a time/date that occurred between sessions and if the alleged access took place during an uninterrupted session, I would have absolute proof that they were lying. They refused to take the bait and tell me when the alleged incident took place but did say that as a result of the report, they monitored my IP address and determined that Abbie had accessed my account... Which is an absolute lie.

I am sat here KNOWING that GGS support lied and fabricated a claim that they have evidence against me and that they did so on the basis of a simple assertion made by someone who plays this game. Who though? I mean, GGS wouldn't fabricate evidence at the request of just anyone, would they? I already suspected that there are GGS employees playing this game and who have access to the system and this episode tends to validate my suspicions.

So, CG, and others, can breach the T&Cs with impunity while the rest of us can be sanctioned on the basis of a mere assertion made by certain players. We provide actual evidence of a breach; nothing... A certain high level player makes a false accusation against us; we are sanctioned.

(For the record, I am quite happy to reproduce my correspondence with 'Adam' and 'David' of support and Abbie is happy to submit her conversation with 'Kayra' of support here. Let me put it this way; if someone in a pub spoke to me as 'David' did, a medical emergency would surely have followed.)

But, since it is obvious that the T&Cs are not worth the paper they are written on, shouldn't we ALL be permitted to do what CG do? Isn't it time that the embargo against multiple accounts and pass-sharing be lifted altogether or do you think it right and proper that GGS afford an advantage to the likes of Praetorians and CG that provides them with a distinct advantage over the rest of us? At the very least, shouldn't it be made clear that certain players/alliances are exempted from the T&Cs? I mean, if we knew who was exempt, we wouldn't have to waste our time collecting evidence against those players and reporting their breaches to support, would we? Less tickets for them to process would surely be a good thing all round, wouldn't it? That way, support could attend to other matters in a more timely fashion, no?

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I didn't read it all, but I seen the top part about him taking the OP etc. So tell me if I missed some info just don't want to read it all.

OP taking is allowed by GGS rules as you would know. I am guessing this account could just be a player who has returned to the game and all of this is 100% allowed. If they are just taking OPs through multi's contact support about it and they will investigate.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

Do you even know what a farm account is?
    Lol because I play on asia doesn't mean I am bad at the game. I got one myself which I rarely use.

Also I see you are in an alliance with Abbiewalker. So I am gonna guess that this is a real player and that CG just hates your alliance and will do anything to torment yous.

• @himnextdoor (GB1)
    I know how easy it is to create a very realistic looking forgery. I have done it many times as a joke. for example, I convinced a couple of people that I had score 700k samurai tokens in one round and I only used paint to create that forgery. It is not hard to do.

@BM ang1243 I think you should take a look at this.This is a very blatant breach of our rights as a consumer and needs to be rectified.
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    By contrast, one Sunday in the middle of January, I spent the night tool-cleaning Praetorians players. The following afternoon, my account was suspended. Similarly, on the following Wednesday, I did the same again and the following afternoon, my account was once again suspended. I received an e-mail from support telling me my account had been suspended because I had sent an abusive PM to someone. But the thing is, I haven't PMed anyone since early December and support were unwilling to give me the details of the alleged abuse. I can only assume that A, they acted on the basis of a forgery and B, that they failed to check whether or not the PM originated from my account and that the complainant had received such a PM on their account. Apparently, a forged screenshot is acceptable as evidence whereas actual verifiable screenshots (as above) are not.
    true
    So, I contacted support. I know that no-one has my pass except for GGS and myself and I explained that I have a system monitor app that records the date, time and duration of any apps I am running and in the case of internet access, it also records the IP address I was using at the time. I asked them to tell me the time/date when my account was accessed so I could compare it to my log. I figured that since support would have to choose a time/date that occurred between sessions and if the alleged access took place during an uninterrupted session, I would have absolute proof that they were lying. They refused to take the bait and tell me when the alleged incident took place but did say that as a result of the report, they monitored my IP address and determined that Abbie had accessed my account... Which is an absolute lie.

Fake messages are easy to make. If you know what to say and how to phrase it, you can get anyone in game banned by submitting a fake private message. Often times editing software puts invisible editing details on the image's properties, so it's always best to only submit a screenshot of the photoshopped fake message.

• overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,797
    HMD, you and abbie are both either ruby buyers or 'skilled' so why don't you try p***ing off crimson guard without using cash if CG goes for me then they can go and get to know a bus face to face.
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
    Lol because I play on asia doesn't mean I am bad at the game. I got one myself which I rarely use.
    And do you have the password for that account? How do you stop it going to ruin?

I don't. I just asked them to put an OP next to me. They have 2 OPs next to another player.

• Welcome back to the forum HND.

I see you are picking up exactly where you left off with completely personal insults again. Is it any wonder that people react to you the way they do when you get so abusive?

Do I agree with anyone being rude and insulting on here? No, there is no need for it. Do I understand some people losing patience and insulting you after the comments you make? Yes, sometimes people respond in kind. 

The complete irony for me in all this 'crusade' is if you actually dropped the rhetoric (and your 'supposed' naming and shaming) then you might find that Mikeshot, Philt and You have a lot in common. You are all wanting the game to be better and fairer. None of you like multi accounting (and i know that Mike and Philt have made suggestion to combat it in other posts). None of you like tool scamming using ruby 'loyalty' offers etc. It is all in how you go about things. But hey of it's easier to believe we are the big bad, rather than players who get frustrated by these issues too then go right ahead as I'm sure it won't be long until you get banned again if your style of attack remains the same. 

This is a game played for fun. Do we want action from GGS to fix issues? Yes. Can we vote with our feet and withhold making purchases? Yes.  Is it a matter of life and death? No. A little perspective and sensitivity in comments might actually help achieve actions.  Who would you want to help? Someone that appears to rant over anything and everything with unrealistic expectations or someone who engages calmly and explains where the issues are?  I know which person I would give credibility to.

Regards
    Cheryl 
    Where exactly is he abusing or insulting anyone?
    I don`t buy rubies i prefer diamonds.
    xx Princess xx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file