Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

when is beri coming back ?

does anyone know when the battle of berimond coming back ?

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Has bugs and can't be run. Search it on the forum before you ask next time.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    yep and god forbid ggs would fix bugs!!  i mean its only a few months, quite clearly no where near enough time, you cant expect them to put any effort into fixing a single event so it actually runs, they are far to busy, ensuring you can log in properly, that players dont break its TOS,  Operating multiple accounts, pw sharing, and shutting down bots, and macro users.

Oh  wait.................................

COme to think of it what are they doing? 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,089
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

you gotta laugh so 7 months ago they put more focus into empire (its core product) really????  can anyone see the results of this renewed focus?  or has it just continued to decline, in all tangible areas?

Philt123 @ en 1
  • It's amazing to me that Empire is apparently a core product of goodgame. One of only 3 games. I simply can't see it from playing the game. Why is development so insanely slow, why does it take months upon months to fix anything? Why do they ignore us, when we present them with facts about cheating and exploits, stuff that is RUINING this game?

Their PR talk with focusing more on what their customers want sounds nice, and they have taken good steps in that department with for example auto-recruit. But I wish they would pick up the pace. So many aspects of the game needs to be fixed and it is frustrating that it's taking them so long to do anything about it.
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1

I am as frustrated with the lack of resolution on Berimond as anyone.  But, when you have a company like GGS going through as many "restructurings" as they have, the customer always suffers.

as does the product..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 13.02.2017
    As long as Berimund does not come back people may just going to keep on spamming the Forum about it until it does come back and the bugs for Berimund get fixed. Just saying. Berimund has been around for so long it would make sense to have it return back eventually rather than permanently terminate Berimund because of bugs that are apparently unable to get fixed. I still enjoy the game though even without Berimund. It would just be sad if it does not ever come back. This is the longest delay I have ever seen for an event or an invasion because of bugs. I thought that the delays for Berimund Invasion were long, but this is even longer. We are talking at least 4 months or more possibly of no Berimund and those who really want it back may be starting to get impatient. Will it be a full year before the bugs on it finally get fixed? It has already been almost six months since we last had Berimund. lol.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    maybe its going to be another one of those events that players like and gge dont, so it ultimatly dissapears.  so i can only imagine it wasnt a good earner for gge.  Can you imagine them letting FI / FI2. be down for so long?
    Philt123 @ en 1
    edited 13.02.2017
    maybe its going to be another one of those events that players like and gge dont, so it ultimatly dissapears.  so i can only imagine it wasnt a good earner for gge.  Can you imagine them letting FI / FI2. be down for so long?
    You have a good point. You may not be the only one who is suspicious of Goodgame Studios delaying Berimund for so long because of it not being good earner for for Goodgame Empire. Their may be others as well who share a similar opinion as yours about Berimund; although, it would seem like Goodgame Studios has not made the confirmation yet that they are not going to have Berimund anymore. If it really was taken down because of the concern that they were not making enough money from Berimund then why have they not said anything about it? And, why is it taking so long for them to fix the bugs on Berimund? They might know why it is taking so long to fix the bugs, but many of us here on the other hand don't know the reason for such a long delay. I know about the seriousness of the bug that might affect everyone in the entire server if it is not fixed properly, but not as to why it is taking them so long to fix it other than the fact that it might be a major bug.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Surely with the infostructure they have in place they could have re written the whole empire source code from scratch again in 5 months!

I mean seriously how long does it actually take to write a Flash web browser game from scratch these days?  espcially when you already have the game the infostructure / artwork / etc etc.  In place. 

I suspect there is more to it than they have just not got around to fixing the problem, if it takes that long to fix a problem, then its very very easy to see why gge have big problems with retaining customers, and falling revenues.  in this modern industry you simply have to have a much much faster response time than that.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,037
    Surely with the infostructure they have in place they could have re written the whole empire source code from scratch again in 5 months!

I mean seriously how long does it actually take to write a Flash web browser game from scratch these days?  espcially when you already have the game the infostructure / artwork / etc etc.  In place. 

I suspect there is more to it than they have just not got around to fixing the problem, if it takes that long to fix a problem, then its very very easy to see why gge have big problems with retaining customers, and falling revenues.  in this modern industry you simply have to have a much much faster response time than that.
    they only have a small team rewriting it. rest ist doing other stuff

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

They have tried to run it at  least twice, that I know of, on the Test Server.  It failed both times.

Not certain EXACTLY what the major fail with it is, but they do seem to be working on it.

What would be nice, is updates.............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 13.02.2017

They have tried to run it at  least twice, that I know of, on the Test Server.  It failed both times.

Not certain EXACTLY what the major fail with it is, but they do seem to be working on it.

Yes that would be nice, because not everyone has the time to play on a test server. Especially if you have an account you are addicted to on another server and only want to spend money on the main account and only on one server. Because U.S. 1 and the test server are separate servers what you spend money on the U.S 1 server may not necessarily apply on the test server as well even if you were to use the same account on both servers. True that you start off with lots of free rubies from the start, you can level up very fast, and when the game first began I spent a lot of time on the test server, but it can also be hard to keep watch over two servers as well. I really don't see any point to a "test server" besides watching Goodgame Studios testing invasions and events that may be absent on other servers because of bugs.
    David Noble @ usa 1

Yes that would be nice, because not everyone has the time to play on a test server. Especially if you have an account you are addicted to on another server and only want to spend money on the main account and only on one server. Because U.S. 1 and the test server are separate servers what you spend money on the U.S 1 server may not necessarily apply on the test server as well even if you were to use the same account on both servers. True that you start off with lots of free rubies from the start, you can level up very fast, and when the game first began I spent a lot of time on the test server, but it can also be hard to keep watch over two servers as well. I really don't see any point to a "test server" besides watching Goodgame Studios testing invasions and events that may be absent on other servers because of bugs.

The Test Server is there to allow us players the opportunity to find bugs that the developers may miss.  It is NOT there to be played like a normal server.  #1 rule: NEVER SPEND REAL MONEY on the Test Server.  They take it up and down as needed, and will reset it to 0 if they need to.  They make it clear that there will be NO refunding of any money spent on the Test Server for any reason.

It is my belief, that once the newness of the Test Server wears off, it will be used as intended.  Players who have the time and are interested in what they are working on, will use it to help test.  They DO need real players to expose the updates to Real World situations. 

Just like Berimond.  Each time they tested it there, they thought it would work.  NOPE.  Real World play is different than simulated play. 

Of course REAL Real World play is different than this Real World play.............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file