Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event ending times

Can we make an adjustment and come up with a better event ending time for USA1, especially the EST time zone? 4am is the worst possible time for 99% of people anywhere in the world to have events end. We don't compete with other servers, but half the people on our server are in other time zones, many 4 hours behind us. There's a huge advantage to a player/alliance who are battling for placement to end at midnight rather than having to stay up till 4am. Most don't/wont with work in the morning or just a life in general lol.

I understand all the servers are intertwined, but there has to be a better compromise, even sliding the ending time to 2am EST and having the worst times of 3,4,5am in the Atlantic ocean for the most part. This also puts the event end times at 8am in Germany instead of 10am.

Without knowing all the servers and looking at a map of time zones Im not sure of best option, or any other issues, but can this issue please be addressed.

Thank you.

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,033
    Has been said by ggs if they start events and end events then it is the only way to keep up a decent server performance on the big ones so they do it in the night when the least amount of players are active.

Greetings : Herveus

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I don't buy that since the biggest servers in this German made game are in Europe, Germany in particular. So the biggest server starts and ends events at 10am.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,033
    Listen to a single one of their roundtables.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • maybe a better solution would be to just have a random, unknown ending then. Would prevent last minute massive gains etc. Though you would have to make some changes such that attacks ooutgoing at the time of ending are returned safely (like they are if you attack a tower after someone else does)

• maybe a better solution would be to just have a random, unknown ending then. Would prevent last minute massive gains etc. Though you would have to make some changes such that attacks ooutgoing at the time of ending are returned safely (like they are if you attack a tower after someone else does)

that sounds like a good idea but will be hard to do

:) JRBRITTAINUSER @ usa 1

that sounds like a good idea but will be hard to do
    why do you say it would be hard to do?
  •  Herveus (AU1) said:

I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon lol.

I don't care what they say, it's either another instance where they don't understand their own game or are just making up some dumb excuse to get around an issue/complaint. Like I said ending times for the biggest servers in the game are mid morning and mid day, if you are seeing them say the biggest servers need to be n the middle of the night like USA1 it's 100% BS because USA1 isn't even top 5 server in this game. It's more likely USA1 gets the crappy end times because they are a smaller server.

• Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Has been said by ggs if they start events and end events then it is the only way to keep up a decent server performance on the big ones so they do it in the night when the least amount of players are active.

Greetings : Herveus
    That has to be the worst reason ever.

"Sure, our decision to end events at 4AM means that most players can't compete with those without daytime committments, but it also saves us on upgrading the servers. Whew!  Dodged a bullet there!"
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
     Herveus (AU1) said:

I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon lol.

I don't care what they say, it's either another instance where they don't understand their own game or are just making up some dumb excuse to get around an issue/complaint. Like I said ending times for the biggest servers in the game are mid morning and mid day, if you are seeing them say the biggest servers need to be n the middle of the night like USA1 it's 100% BS because USA1 isn't even top 5 server in this game. It's more likely USA1 gets the crappy end times because they are a smaller server.

It's an anti-Trump thing.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.