Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Art of War??

http://prntscr.com/e0gm8r

Hi All, Anyone have any idea what this is all about?  I tried to find out but could not find a thread that discusses it. I would like to know where they are heading with this and what to look forward to.

Thanks in advance,
Debbie

eibbed62 @ au 1

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I know they are increase the secondary combat strength of defenders by 10

That is what I mean if you don't know.

I don't know anything else sorry.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,084
    They'll be reworking some defense soldiers one's that are rarely used anymore so their giving them a buff somewhat like Dark Venom above posted as for other changes yet to share.
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

Baby Yoda @US1
    Gen of AX 

• Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    The Art of War: Large alliances gang up against small ones, and that's how it has always been... until now!

Now players who want to play defense will be able to better defend against attacks. Weaker alliances who don't attack, less active players who want to defend, and solo players who don't want to rely on alliance support to defend successfully can look forward to defense being much more powerful.

It was brought to Goodgame's attention that ruby buyers often form large alliances and simply buy ruby troops to farm weaker alliances or less active players. Attacking has been so over-powered that the defending players could never recover from the repeated vendetta of attacks against them. Likewise, large alliances with non-buyers often suffered heavy losses from getting attacked. But now, the defense strength of defenders will be increased, and waging war will result in much more losses for the attacking side.

More ruby troops and ruby tools lost attacking = more $$$ for Goodgame and happier customers. It's yet another perfect solution for reducing the gap between buyers and non-buyers.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I agree a year ago that was the position of the game, however this upgrade is a year too late in the making and is now no longer required  however now i would say it will go more like this.....

Increasing the defensive strength of the defenders will result in anyone who actually worked hard on their account to build high quality casts ie the Kala cast will now be able to sit behind their standing defense and never have their walls breached.  Especially if as you say they are defensive in nature and leave the HOL in def mode and have  the contruction wall items maxed.

Meaning there will be big chunks of well developed players  that it is pointless even trying to attack as you will be killing maybe 1500 defenders and losing 3000 attackers. meaning one of  two things is likley to happen,  players start to hit weaker and weaker players, or its simply another nail in the Pvp Coffin. 

Death of Pvp will not mean more $ for GGE and is very unlikley to make for lots more happy customers.

The gap between ruby / non ruby players in terms of equipment is all but gone already.  The FI comm is as good if not better than any ruby commander.  Cast wise the kala, is very capable of defending 6 waves, without the HOL in Def or the new super defenders.  And the Kala has got nothing to do with ruby spend only activity, active players will be likely to already have 6 kala casts moderatly active players that have been around for a year or so should have min 3.

I think there is a big misconception in the game now around the ruby imbalance, what people are often talking about is  an activity imbalance.  Are you suggesting that someone should be able to get the same amount of equipment playing 1 hr a day as someone that plays 12 hrs a day?

The major advantage that ruby buyers have now in pvp is their ability to buy troops.  However that has already been addressed to a point, by troops being made significantly more expensive.

Do we really want a game that it is impossible to win an attack?  ops full of 10,000 defenders self supported in an op generating 25,000 food per hour.  with unbreachable walls so you are looking at killing 2000 troops if you are very very lucky, whilst losing 3000 att troops,  not to mention the 600+ att tools or approx 20,000 ruby or £10 Per hit???

As that is the way its going.   All this will mean is that those developed players with strong casts, will be all but unbeatable.  And all it will mean is that players look to hit weaker and weaker targets!  as it will be totally pointless hitting strong players. 

A year ago i would have 100% agreed with your sentiment, the game was a turkey shoot for attackers.  It isnt any more. and is changing all the time. IMO this will swing the balance between att / def too far the other way.  Killing Pvp for good.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I agree a year ago that was the position of the game, however this upgrade is a year too late in the making and is now no longer required  however now i would say it will go more like this.....

Increasing the defensive strength of the defenders will result in anyone who actually worked hard on their account to build high quality casts ie the Kala cast will now be able to sit behind their standing defense and never have their walls breached.  Especially if as you say they are defensive in nature and leave the HOL in def mode and have  the contruction wall items maxed.

Meaning there will be big chunks of well developed players  that it is pointless even trying to attack as you will be killing maybe 1500 defenders and losing 3000 attackers. meaning one of  two things is likley to happen,  players start to hit weaker and weaker players, or its simply another nail in the Pvp Coffin. 

Death of Pvp will not mean more $ for GGE and is very unlikley to make for lots more happy customers.

The gap between ruby / non ruby players in terms of equipment is all but gone already.  The FI comm is as good if not better than any ruby commander.  Cast wise the kala, is very capable of defending 6 waves, without the HOL in Def or the new super defenders.  And the Kala has got nothing to do with ruby spend only activity, active players will be likely to already have 6 kala casts moderatly active players that have been around for a year or so should have min 3.

I think there is a big misconception in the game now around the ruby imbalance, what people are often talking about is  an activity imbalance.  Are you suggesting that someone should be able to get the same amount of equipment playing 1 hr a day as someone that plays 12 hrs a day?

The major advantage that ruby buyers have now in pvp is their ability to buy troops.  However that has already been addressed to a point, by troops being made significantly more expensive.

Do we really want a game that it is impossible to win an attack?  ops full of 10,000 defenders self supported in an op generating 25,000 food per hour.  with unbreachable walls so you are looking at killing 2000 troops if you are very very lucky, whilst losing 3000 att troops,  not to mention the 600+ att tools or approx 20,000 ruby or £10 Per hit???

As that is the way its going.   All this will mean is that those developed players with strong casts, will be all but unbeatable.  And all it will mean is that players look to hit weaker and weaker targets!  as it will be totally pointless hitting strong players. 

A year ago i would have 100% agreed with your sentiment, the game was a turkey shoot for attackers.  It isnt any more. and is changing all the time. IMO this will swing the balance between att / def too far the other way.  Killing Pvp for good.

Honestly couldn't agree more. I know players that buy troops and attack players won't be able to do it anymore. They will need to readjust moat/wall/gate protection worth if they do follow through with this.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• DainBread (US1)DainBread (US1) Posts: 307
    edited 26.01.2017

Agreed, IF you know how to defend and have a good cast (such as kala or winter with kala gems) you can defend 6 wave hits just fine. If they buff defense troops too much, it will kill PvP and the only way to get glory without losing a full army in the alliance tournament will be boosting.
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    Exactly, and that's the way it should be. Don't be so negative about it. :P

Everyone has their own play style and strategies. All the offense type players will still be able to successfully attack other players. The update will simply make it fair. Defensive players deserve equal rights, and regardless of if you like it or not, this is how it's going to be.
    IF you know how to defend and have a good cast you can defend 6 wave hits just fine. If they buff defense troops too much, it will kill PvP and the only way to get glory without losing a full army in the alliance tournament will be boosting.
    You've clearly never been attacked by anyone who has a ruby commander and ruby tools before. Defending a 6 wave attack is currently not possible without the support of your alliance. It is a fact that attacking is too overpowered, and Goodgame themselves said so.

The playing field is going to get evened out and leveled. In this virtual world, the creators make the rules, and sometimes it forces people to change their play strategies or learn how to attack correctly in order to successfully defeat someone. No longer will ruby buyers be able to rely on their wallet to win anymore. No longer will it be a pay to play game. This is a new era of equality, and the art of war will be changed, forcing people to rely on skill alone to win.
  • Wait, are they seriously making defending easier!? wtf?  Its already incredibly easy. Defender has huge advantages in the fact that the defender can move troops/tools while the attacker is locked into the attack. 

This will only further encourage attacking far weaker opponents.

• You've clearly never been attacked by anyone who has a ruby commander and ruby tools before. Defending a 6 wave attack is currently not possible without the support of your alliance. It is a fact that attacking is too overpowered, and Goodgame themselves said so.

The playing field is going to get evened out and leveled. In this virtual world, the creators make the rules, and sometimes it forces people to change their play strategies or learn how to attack correctly in order to successfully defeat someone. No longer will ruby buyers be able to rely on their wallet to win anymore. No longer will it be a pay to play game. This is a new era of equality, and the art of war will be changed, forcing people to rely on skill alone to win.
    I disagree. It is entirely possible to defend a 6 wave attack with a ruby commander provided that you are online without alliance support.
  •   And the Kala has got nothing to do with ruby spend only activity, active players will be likely to already have 6 kala casts moderatly active players that have been around for a year or so should have min 3.

Just clearing up some misconceptions: This is wrong. There have only been 3 kala month long events so far. So unless you have went through all 3 events twice most moderately active players will only have 3. However its possible that moderately active players will have 3 ice casts and 3 kalas. 
    Lord septimus @us1
  •   And the Kala has got nothing to do with ruby spend only activity, active players will be likely to already have 6 kala casts moderatly active players that have been around for a year or so should have min 3.

Just clearing up some misconceptions: This is wrong. There have only been 3 kala month long events so far. So unless you have went through all 3 events twice most moderately active players will only have 3. However its possible that moderately active players will have 3 ice casts and 3 kalas. 
    You can complete the event more than once every time round. It gets harder but it's possible and if you go for kala a lot of people will have gotten 2 as it's the best cast in the game...
    Father of All @ GB1
    Views are my own, I do not speak for anyone else

You can complete the event more than once every time round. It gets harder but it's possible and if you go for kala a lot of people will have gotten 2 as it's the best cast in the game...
    Pretty sure thats what sep was saying. most active people have 2-3 sets kala (hopefully 3) and the rest ice.
  • DainBread (US1)DainBread (US1) Posts: 307
    edited 26.01.2017
    Exactly, and that's the way it should be. Don't be so negative about it. :P

Everyone has their own play style and strategies. All the offense type players will still be able to successfully attack other players. The update will simply make it fair. Defensive players deserve equal rights, and regardless of if you like it or not, this is how it's going to be.
    IF you know how to defend and have a good cast you can defend 6 wave hits just fine. If they buff defense troops too much, it will kill PvP and the only way to get glory without losing a full army in the alliance tournament will be boosting.
    You've clearly never been attacked by anyone who has a ruby commander and ruby tools before. Defending a 6 wave attack is currently not possible without the support of your alliance. It is a fact that attacking is too overpowered, and Goodgame themselves said so.

I have been hit by 6th wave, max teched highlander, with all shield walls, breaching towers & heavy rams. Defending isn't as imbalanced as everyone claims, most people who say it's severely imbalanced do not know how to defend. I personally wasn't able to win the defense due to being low on troops, had I had adequate troops, I would've won.

Wait, are they seriously making defending easier!? wtf?  Its already incredibly easy. Defender has huge advantages in the fact that the defender can move troops/tools while the attacker is locked into the attack. 

This will only further encourage attacking far weaker opponents.
    I agree, this will just make players hit even weaker opponents so they lose fewer troops.

I disagree. It is entirely possible to defend a 6 wave attack with a ruby commander provided that you are online without alliance support.
    Correct, you just need to know what you're doing.

• You've clearly never been attacked by anyone who has a ruby commander and ruby tools before. Defending a 6 wave attack is currently not possible without the support of your alliance. It is a fact that attacking is too overpowered, and Goodgame themselves said so.

Yup in the end, the 2 biggest influences in defending are:

1) Knowing what to do (and being prepared for it)
    2) Being online at the time

Yup in the end, the 2 biggest influences in defending are:

1) Knowing what to do (and being prepared for it)
    2) Being online at the time
    Yep, if you're online, know what you're doing, have adequate tools and troops and have a good cast you can defend any attack.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
      And the Kala has got nothing to do with ruby spend only activity, active players will be likely to already have 6 kala casts moderatly active players that have been around for a year or so should have min 3.

Agreed mate thats what i put, active players 6 moderatly active 3.

Philt123 @ en 1

Sorry should have clarified. Moderately active players will have 3 kalas. It takes what? 6k points to finish through the 2nd time. (which would put you in the top 100 in the US server) So I think thats a bit above moderately active players.

Lord septimus @us1

Sorry should have clarified. Moderately active players will have 3 kalas. It takes what? 6k points to finish through the 2nd time. (which would put you in the top 100 in the US server) So I think thats a bit above moderately active players.

Only 4k but I see what you mean
    Father of All @ GB1
    Views are my own, I do not speak for anyone else
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 386
    And, of course, if you have to go to work for any amount of time on any regular basis, it is quite possible you haven't actually finished Kala even once. but have 3 lots of the first few pieces and none of the final pieces. Same goes for Winter, FI and Bloodcrows. And actually, if you never finish in the top 100, you will never get those last pieces. Yay life is good for some of you lot. For the rest of us for whom this is entertainment between work and sleep, these things will take quite a lot longer to achieve, if at all.

Thanks to everyone who has explained what is being planned for the Art of War update. I have been looking at that pop up every time I log on for months and wondering. So now I won't have to. I can comfortably wait till they introduce it.

All the Best,
    Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • And, of course, if you have to go to work for any amount of time on any regular basis, it is quite possible you haven't actually finished Kala even once. but have 3 lots of the first few pieces and none of the final pieces. Same goes for Winter, FI and Bloodcrows. And actually, if you never finish in the top 100, you will never get those last pieces. Yay life is good for some of you lot. For the rest of us for whom this is entertainment between work and sleep, these things will take quite a lot longer to achieve, if at all.

Thanks to everyone who has explained what is being planned for the Art of War update. I have been looking at that pop up every time I log on for months and wondering. So now I won't have to. I can comfortably wait till they introduce it.

All the Best,
    Regards,
    Debbie
    Unless you work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, its possible to finish the events fairly easily with some preparation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file