Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Suggestions 2017

DHDF22 (US1)DHDF22 (US1) Posts: 452

I know you guys have ideas on the books, here's my top suggestions for the new year:

1) Improve new building material update.

-Add more rewards in WOR, maybe swap all those alliance rss rewards fro building materials too

-There was talk about improving Thorn/Blade/Underworld and Storm (Storm needs a complete overhaul), maybe add material rewards to these as well

-possibly a trade in system? If we have a bunch of one material we can trade it on for another, possibly with conversion rates if its common/rare, etc?

2) Alliance Tourney definetly needs and Adjustment too not be manipulated

-Have mentioned before a point system similar to monthly points. 1k-4999k glory=1point, 5k-9999k=3 points, 10k-24,999=5 points, 25k-49,999=7 points, 50k-149k=10 points, 150k+=15points.... something like that

3) Monthly standings, more reward spots in top 100

-Have prizes for maybe top 10 and 50 as well. Reward people for fighting fro top spots, tough to fight fro No1 all month and get the same as 100th place

4) A new smithy/type tent for Heroes

-"smithying" heroes I was told was not realistic a long time ago, but how about some new tent that comes around once in a while where we can trade all the worthless heroes we get in for a chance at something better. Can call it whatever you like if you can make it happen lol.

5) Selling armor, and especially gems

-Fisrtly make an option to maybe "sell all" of a certain level of gems or a quick highlight of all we want to sell and a sell all button.

-Also, the selling amount should be greatly increased, especially for high level gems. I'm not going to suggest what for each level, but if we win a lv 11 gem that is worthless we should at least be able to get 100-200k coins for it considering how much work they usually take to acquire.

6) Look into the achievement for collecting the rss bubbles over villagers heads. My last level reset to zero so Im only @8800/12,500 for level 8 and have been on this level for over 8 months. Im pretty sure the count never used to reset to zero between levels, I should have been at 10,000 starting this new level.

7) A troop and tool trade center

- Especially with all these new events we are overloaded with so many types of troops and tools that do the same thing its ridiculous. Have a trading post where we can trade all kinds of wall tools in for 1 type, gate tools, etc. Same thing for troops, even if we are trading handfuls of stronger troops in for 1 kind of coin troop like KG or something. Could also do an exchange rate where 2 KG=1 horror, or 1 horror gets you 2 KG or something. Lots of possibilities there.

8) Defensive rewards.

-Especially during AT, but all the time we need some more enticement fro people to want to defend their castles rather than open gates, fire cast, or just burn.

-Some ideas: Much higher glory for defense, big coin rewards for killing more and more attackers, rubies awarded, maybe 50-100 for every 500-1k attackers killed. maybe a weekly/monthly individual awards for the amount of attackers you killed in defense.

-Also, some sort of award for people sending support. Also gets glory awarded, coin, maybe 20% of attackers killed goes towards their own weekly/monthly awards.

-I think we would see a lot more PvP and defended castles if it were worthwhile to defend the attacks.

9) Update the colossus type events

-With the deco that is available today we should be able to get colossus up to that 300 mark with the 50m rss or coins we currently have to spend to get a 240 piece or so. I think 300 should be attainable, under current point system anything over 270 is impossible really

Just some of the top ideas I have been mulling over, Thanks for your Time!!!

Comments

• This is a suggestion and a complaint in one. I am not able to play as often as as most players. When I am able to get on everything is on fire and I get attacked within the first few minutes by the robber barons. having everything destroyed everytime I logon makes playing useless. Why play? Give  it a rest the robber barrons don't need to destyoy the world. I started playing this game because I thought (my mistake) that I did not have to log on everyday and what I did would not be destroyed.  There is no fun in playing a game that makes you rebuild every time you play.

Just my thought.

Bald Basher @ usa 1
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    This is a suggestion and a complaint in one. I am not able to play as often as as most players. When I am able to get on everything is on fire and I get attacked within the first few minutes by the robber barons. having everything destroyed everytime I logon makes playing useless. Why play? Give  it a rest the robber barrons don't need to destyoy the world. I started playing this game because I thought (my mistake) that I did not have to log on everyday and what I did would not be destroyed.  There is no fun in playing a game that makes you rebuild every time you play
    If you're in a peaceful alliance, you'll be fine not playing daily, and if you get your castle burnt up, it's not the end of the world. People with fire-phobia have a contagious and irrational fear of fires, but fires only slow down production of a building by a small percentage and can be countered by decorations. A building will never be destroyed by a fire, and when you need to, just repair the fire with skip times and upgrade it. So since you're having problems with robber baron attacks and aren't that active, just build a few fully upgraded dwellings and research stronger armed citizens in the research tower. You can easily defeat entire 1,000 unit attacks with the better version of armed citizens after you research them, assuming that you have a decent castellan.

Regarding the suggestions, they look like they're mostly aimed to benefit less active and defense style players, so they probably won't be very popular among more active players.
  • 8) Defensive rewards.

-Especially during AT, but all the time we need some more enticement fro people to want to defend their castles rather than open gates, fire cast, or just burn.

-Some ideas: Much higher glory for defense, big coin rewards for killing more and more attackers, rubies awarded, maybe 50-100 for every 500-1k attackers killed. maybe a weekly/monthly individual awards for the amount of attackers you killed in defense.

-Also, some sort of award for people sending support. Also gets glory awarded, coin, maybe 20% of attackers killed goes towards their own weekly/monthly awards.

-I think we would see a lot more PvP and defended castles if it were worthwhile to defend the attacks.

- Defensive rewards will not get us to defend 5th and 6th wave attacks. A 4 wave attack, yes. We don't have the luxury of having the troops to sacrifice 3-5K troops because it is never one person coming during these events once we defend. They tell their alliance, subs, friends etc we defended and many more come.

- Again, glory won't matter for the same reason. We aren't hooked on glory. This might make a difference to others though. It is extremely unbalanced.

Bring back the ability to take honor from someone who sends an unbalanced attack and we would defend a 5th and 6th wave attacks as often as we had the troops. 

Of course, that particular feature was not popular with the top players which is why it disappeared. There weren't all these extra waves, gems, heros, god commanders etc.. I personally think GGS went so far it can't be fixed to where we would want to defend regularly again. I can remember when we would get 2am .. 3am .. 4am texts to defend and we all armed our keyboards to defend. It was actually fun but I don't ever see that happening again.

It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • 5) Selling armor, and especially gems

-Fisrtly make an option to maybe "sell all" of a certain level of gems or a quick highlight of all we want to sell and a sell all button.

-Also, the selling amount should be greatly increased, especially for high level gems. I'm not going to suggest what for each level, but if we win a lv 11 gem that is worthless we should at least be able to get 100-200k coins for it considering how much work they usually take to acquire.

We have a rule of not selling armor. We smithy it.It has given some great pieces over time. We upgrade gems as well rather than sell them. I couldn't even tell you what the prices are.The one thing I would like to see regarding armor is the amount we can hold increased to 200.

I am sure our ways are not the same of alliances who get tons of gems and such from events. It's what works for us/makes sense for us as a smaller alliance.

It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • 4) A new smithy/type tent for Heroes

-"smithying" heroes I was told was not realistic a long time ago, but how about some new tent that comes around once in a while where we can trade all the worthless heroes we get in for a chance at something better. Can call it whatever you like if you can make it happen lol.

Wouldn't a chance at a better hero be smithying them in some way? lol. Those are the only things we sell even though what they bring in coins  is sofa change.

• Viability (US1)Viability (US1) Posts: 402
    edited 20.01.2017
    As for the rest, some good ideas in there.I'm not sure about trading in troops (#7) but tools i like.I believe the troops aspect would be abused. We'd have people feasting and creating horror armies. They should earn/pay for those. I'd be alright with a horror/kg downgrade but 1 for 2 seems unbalanced. Maybe 2 for 3.

I don't think any of us bother with the colossus. I'm sure that would be popular with others though.

I think I'm done now lol.
    Post edited by Viability (US1) on

Sorry for jumping on this one, but great idea.  My 2 cents:

New tent: Battle Pits

"Using the Battle Pits you send 4 of your bravest warriors into a no holds bard arena.  Of course not all of them will make it out alive, but the one that does will have gained much experience and new skills in survival and tactics."

Effect: you lose 6 (or insert different number here) commander/casteleans of the same level (it would be kinda unfair if a legendary commander faced off against an ordinary castelean) and pay some money (you have to advertise the fight to the death after all).  You lose 6 of the commanders/castelean, but gain a new one one higher level. The new commadner/castelean would have different advantages and disadvantages than before.  If you wish to sacrifice 3 legendary leaders you will gain a new legendary hero in return. The hero doesn't gain any new experience, but finds that he had to change his tactics to survive and so he now uses a different skill set.

Not really sure how to deal with commander vs. casts here.  One option would be to seperate them between casts and commanders, the other option is just have the new leader be randomly assigned as commander or cast.

Wouldn't a chance at a better hero be smithying them in some way? lol. Those are the only things we sell even though what they bring in coins  is sofa change.

I only listed it this way because when heroes came out I suggested to GGE that we be able to "smithy" them, They said no at that time because a Hero is a person and the idea of "smithying" them is unrealistic. I am reintroducing the suggestion in the form of a new kind of tent, some new way ofpossibly upgrading heroes instead of just selling all these worthless ones we get.

As to your response about being unsure of trading in troops, I said I don't care if its just to trade in for 1 type of coin troop if they are worried people will take advantage to get a bunch of horrors. I am tired of having 30 different types of troops in every castle when Im trying to launch an attack, same with tools. Just want to be able to trade most of the litter box in for 1 type.

• This is a suggestion and a complaint in one. I am not able to play as often as as most players. When I am able to get on everything is on fire and I get attacked within the first few minutes by the robber barons. having everything destroyed everytime I logon makes playing useless. Why play? Give  it a rest the robber barrons don't need to destyoy the world. I started playing this game because I thought (my mistake) that I did not have to log on everyday and what I did would not be destroyed.  There is no fun in playing a game that makes you rebuild every time you play.

Just my thought.

To be honest, no this isn't a game that you can log on every few days and play, without sounding rude that is Farmville or some sims game. This is a game that tries to suck the life out of you by getting you to play more and more, and just when you think you can log off for a little while something else comes up LOL.

One suggestion to you about the Robber Baron attacks, log on daily even if you cant play long and look to see if the tent for the robber baron king is here, If you defeat his castle (honestly if you don't have time to send one attack, just delete the game now) then they will not attack you for a week or so, or until next time King is here, however that exactly works Im unsure.

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,953

I am tired of having 30 different types of troops in every castle when Im trying to launch an attack, same with tools. Just want to be able to trade most of the litter box in for 1 type.

AGREED.   Even if we had to trade down a level or 2 in type, or had a 3:1 exchange rate, I would go for this.  Mix and match.  As long as what you were trading in was higher level than what you were getting.  No risk of using this to get massive horror troops made from spearmen.  Would have to go the other way round.

The only real reason I could see this NOT being done, is that GGS doesn't want to have to figure out the levels.......

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

I would recommend forging low level gems. You can make some level 5/6 gems you can use on towers seeing you don't need a good comm to defeat them.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• I know you guys have ideas on the books, here's my top suggestions for the new year:

1) Improve new building material update.

-Add more rewards in WOR, maybe swap all those alliance rss rewards fro building materials too

-There was talk about improving Thorn/Blade/Underworld and Storm (Storm needs a complete overhaul), maybe add material rewards to these as well

-possibly a trade in system? If we have a bunch of one material we can trade it on for another, possibly with conversion rates if its common/rare, etc?

2) Alliance Tourney definetly needs and Adjustment too not be manipulated

-Have mentioned before a point system similar to monthly points. 1k-4999k glory=1point, 5k-9999k=3 points, 10k-24,999=5 points, 25k-49,999=7 points, 50k-149k=10 points, 150k+=15points.... something like that

3) Monthly standings, more reward spots in top 100

-Have prizes for maybe top 10 and 50 as well. Reward people for fighting fro top spots, tough to fight fro No1 all month and get the same as 100th place

4) A new smithy/type tent for Heroes

6) Look into the achievement for collecting the rss bubbles over villagers heads. My last level reset to zero so Im only @8800/12,500 for level 8 and have been on this level for over 8 months. Im pretty sure the count never used to reset to zero between levels, I should have been at 10,000 starting this new level.

7) A troop and tool trade center

- Especially with all these new events we are overloaded with so many types of troops and tools that do the same thing its ridiculous. Have a trading post where we can trade all kinds of wall tools in for 1 type, gate tools, etc. Same thing for troops, even if we are trading handfuls of stronger troops in for 1 kind of coin troop like KG or something. Could also do an exchange rate where 2 KG=1 horror, or 1 horror gets you 2 KG or something. Lots of possibilities there.

8) Defensive rewards.

9) Update the colossus type events

-With the deco that is available today we should be able to get colossus up to that 300 mark with the 50m rss or coins we currently have to spend to get a 240 piece or so. I think 300 should be attainable, under current point system anything over 270 is impossible really

Just some of the top ideas I have been mulling over, Thanks for your Time!!!

I love all of these suggestions.

@Temprance

@CM Evoke

Get the devs working on these beautiful suggestions!

~CK~

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • I am tired of having 30 different types of troops in every castle when Im trying to launch an attack, same with tools. Just want to be able to trade most of the litter box in for 1 type.

AGREED.   Even if we had to trade down a level or 2 in type, or had a 3:1 exchange rate, I would go for this.  Mix and match.  As long as what you were trading in was higher level than what you were getting.  No risk of using this to get massive horror troops made from spearmen.  Would have to go the other way round.

The only real reason I could see this NOT being done, is that GGS doesn't want to have to figure out the levels.......

Just go by what level barracks is required, and for those that don't require a certain level, make them second tier.

~CK~

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • 5) Selling armor, and especially gems

I would recommend forging low level gems. You can make some level 5/6 gems you can use on towers seeing you don't need a good comm to defeat them.

That's part of the problem, looting low level gems is supposed to be good. Instead I usually spend 2500-5k coin to forge 6 into 1 because selling them takes too long. I would rather not loot any more gems, all my comms are full of lv 8-11 and special gems. Honestly the only use for looted gems is coin, which takes too long and not enough of a reward, hence the suggestions.

This list comes from a lv 800 active player. Not everyone in the game may have some of the same problems, but I know most of the players at higher levels or high activity do.

• How about a sand pit at your Burning Sands Castle? Likewise a brick kiln at the fire peaks. Getting enough sand and bricks seems unreasonable difficult when trying to Build Items. We already have to wait considerable time and substantial resources which take time to accumulate to spend in Research for the advanced Blueprints.

A couple of units of sand and bricks per hour would be reasonable after putting in the effort to build the sand pit and the brick kiln, but it would be worth it.

• How about a sand pit at your Burning Sands Castle? Likewise a brick kiln at the fire peaks. Getting enough sand and bricks seems unreasonable difficult when trying to Build Items. We already have to wait considerable time and substantial resources which take time to accumulate to spend in Research for the advanced Blueprints.

A couple of units of sand and bricks per hour would be reasonable after putting in the effort to build the sand pit and the brick kiln, but it would be worth it.

Not sure what/if they have other things planned to help us get more materials. One thing I had hoped they might be working on are ways to loot these materials, like through hitting towers. Even if we only loot a couple pieces per hit it's something to work for.
Sign In to comment.