Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Taking Metros

Comments

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 656
    Well it must be Abbie again. she wants a crusade to get all the assets in the game
    so she can form a vanguard and distribute them around to which ever alliances she likes
    and none for ones she has had bother with.

Seems like same as what other ones have done give to mates who joined them in war.
    but none to other alliances who never took part in any war seems like a fair way of sharing assets

wer you in CG abbie before ?

• Well it must be Abbie again. she wants a crusade to get all the assets in the game
    so she can form a vanguard and distribute them around to which ever alliances she likes
    and none for ones she has had bother with.

Seems like same as what other ones have done give to mates who joined them in war.
    but none to other alliances who never took part in any war seems like a fair way of sharing assets

wer you in CG abbie before ?

Well, Gazz, you are half right. Do you deny that the server would benefit if the CoPs were distributed more evenly?

The thing is, Gazz, there are problems with this server and 'not talking about them' is going to solve nothing. You are right, this IS a crusade but unlike the myriad crusades that take place within this game, not ONE has been as worthy as this one. A campaign against injustice is a just campaign and not only is my crusade, OUR crusade, based on the concept of justice, if we are successful, we can create an Empire consisting of a community that can rely upon a much higher standard of 'fairness'... Have you ever even HEARD of a more worthy cause?

Part of the problem we have, and which you have typified, is there is a general level of ignorance in our community that keeps us 'docile' and 'unaware' and therefore unable to discern the problem that is keeping us in that state. The truth does indeed set you free and ignorance most certainly is NOT bliss. And whether you like it or not Gazz, I am revealing 'truth'. I am here to inform and instruct and I wonder, why should a Queen take advice from one such as you? What do you know that I don't? For instance, can you tell me why all of Toe the tyrant's posts on the forum have been deleted?

I have the solutions to the problems of this server and part of the solution is to reduce the level of ignorance in the community. CG want to rule the Empire with a rod of iron, Praets are too scared to get in their way and I don't know about you but that is not the kind of Empire I want to leave to my children. I would fight for that cause in real life; damned if I won't fight for that cause here. I have the moral high ground and all other things being equal, that gives me the winning hand. If you are for 'justice', you are for me.

Look at CG's alliance description. They have the whip and they are going to use it. The server has the power to stop CG and CG must be stopped; why should you object to the harnessing of that power?

• marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 836
    Just noticed it's Crims*n-G*ards no-1 multi accounting cheat taking the two metros, come on GGS is it not time to take action over these cheating trolls ?

time for one of these yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......come on abbie give this crusade up and play your game

Y'know, Mark, you really do put me in mind of a certain male body-part - You are flaccid and limp in the presence of a perceived authority from which you draw the courage to appear turgid in front of me. Neanderthal? You're a very rude man.

It is often said by some that this is a war-game and I wonder, why would you object to a 'crusade' being waged in a war-game? Or rather, what is it about my crusade you object to exactly? I take it you supported the crusade to implement the fair-play protocols and with that in mind, I cannot imagine why you would be opposed to a crusade against cheats whom make use of shell accounts in order to steal all the silverware. Well, I can think of one reason but I will refrain from pointing the finger for the moment.

The original post on this thread identifies and addresses one of the symptoms of the problem of cheating. What has happened is, all those who benefit the most from cheating have gravitated and combined in the top alliances which has resulted in a massive power gap between the top two alliances and the rest of the server. There is a kind of 'cabal' at the top, a clique of ruby-buyers who utilize gameplay that is not available to other ruby-buyers and is a breach of the Terms and Conditions as laid out by GGS. And it is this imbalance of power that has opened the door to the possibility of outrages such as what UK is having to deal with now.

Because of the collusion and cheating, the server has no balance at all anymore. Almost all the power is in the hands of a few in the top two alliances and the power gap serves as a buffer that protects them against all but one possible threat against them. We have a situation where the number two alliance is riding roughshod over anyone below them, a number one alliance that is afraid of the number two alliance and a general lack of spine and substance in the majority of the rest of the server. And it is this lack of courage and moral fortitude that stands in the way of the only solution to the problems caused by the first two.

We know that GGS will do nothing to solve the problem so it's up to us. Do you want the server to thrive; for the game to survive? Can you think of a better cause to get behind in the context of a crusade? I can't; if the game dies, there is no game. If you think that I am bad for an event-based game, the death of the game would have a much more profound effect on the events.

If this game is going to live then the server must unite. The success and failure of almost all of us is subject to the whim of the top two alliances - THAT'S the problem that needs to be confronted. And we can't confront it if we are fighting among ourselves, can we? THEY are the enemy and not only of 'us', which is bad enough, but they are enemies of the game too... You can see that, can't you? THEY are the enemy who have seduced and bewitched you into doing nothing while they take ALL the prime cuts in the game; you get that, don't you? What kind of 'empire' could such a ruler reign over? This is EMPIRES not serfdoms.

To be clear, there are two possible solutions to this problem. Either, the server unites and focuses its attention on the real problem; we take the power centres and distribute them more equitably and form a vanguard that monitors the situation to make sure the problem does not re-occur OR, Mikeshot could join us in a crusade for justice and with a united server behind him, he could lead the charge against CG as 'a necessary demonstration' and then we can form a vanguard, distribute...., etc.

Either way, the server MUST unite; one way or the other, the problem will be solved. My Empire is MY Empire; I did not become a queen in order to be ruled and I will not be milked like a cow. Oh, and a queen does not take advice from one who is happy to be milked like a cow.

And a little advice, Mark: In future, when you are speaking TO a warrior, speak to her as if you ARE  a warrior. We'll get along better then and we'll get a bit further too.

Neanderthal? Seriously.

Ahh that explains the failed spy report on my Rv's lol.....have fun abbie
    We are not blind to what goes on uk server. 
    just you seem to be preaching and if you have a list of
    people joining your crusade why not start it now.

As for me and you if your a queen I must be a jester in your eyes.

• I can confirm I have reduced all funding to CG by 5% effective immediately - Abbie please remove the war status - players are leaving in masses
    If you are going to ignore my posts, Mike, could you do it a little more quietly?
    Thank you. :)
  • Absolutely not, Mulam! Stop making sense, will ya?
    She's fighting to leave a Empire legacy for her children, which is far more important than anything you've mentioned in your comment.

Honestly, though, I think she's just trolling now. There's no way anyone can be that dense.
    Thank you Plum; once again you have demonstrated how the forum rules regarding spam and the derailment of threads do not apply to Praets' members.
  • Hush, you. I only converse with people with a valid opinions.
    Absolutely not, Mulam! Stop making sense, will ya?
    She's fighting to leave a Empire legacy for her children, which is far more important than anything you've mentioned in your comment.

Honestly, though, I think she's just trolling now. There's no way anyone can be that dense.
    yep there is one other person so dense and its her partner in crime himnotnextdoor
  • We are not blind to what goes on uk server. 
    just you seem to be preaching and if you have a list of
    people joining your crusade why not start it now.

As for me and you if your a queen I must be a jester in your eyes.

You're not blind to what goes on on the UK server? And what precisely is it you are not blind to, Gazz? Are you referring to multis and their use of shell accounts to create a huge power-gap and how they have damaged the game? Are you referring to the credit-card crime and its possible connection to apps like Melisandra that can be used to smuggle key-loggers or other routines capable of gathering sensitive information onto the systems of community members that can be duped into using them? Are you referring to the events that have led to this 'land-grab' by CG?

If you could do something about some of these things, would you? You agree surely that if no-one does anything to stop the rot then the rot will continue to spread. don't you? In order for this server to be repaired, SOMEONE has to DO something. Question is, Gazz, are you 'SOMEONE' or are you something else?

Think carefully now, Gazz; whether or not I consider you for a promotion to 'jester' depends very much upon your next response. :)

• Hush, you. I only converse with people with a valid opinions.

And for the second time, Plum, I find myself in the position of having to thank you. You really are the gift that keeps on giving; you always say much more than you mean to. I am sure that you did not intend to validate my opinion, (for make no mistake, it is ME you converse with here), whilst simultaneously expressing a profound desire to shut me up but, by doing so, you demonstrate a flawed logic that translates directly to any arguments you make in an attempt to refute my position, a strategy you have abandoned in favour of snide comments and ad hominem attacks designed for the purpose of spamming this thread, deflecting and derailing it in order to draw attention away from the core issues addressed in the original post. So thank you for that.

The thing is, Plum, I have already identified you as one whom derives benefit from the current status quo and so your presence here, such as it is, adds up to nothing more than a cheer-leader running alongside the opponents of her master hurling abuse at them. It's understandable though, not only don't you want to hear what I am saying, you don't want ANYONE to hear what I am saying and it is difficult to make an argument against my position on the basis of logic and reason... And so you 'snipe' instead. You inadvertently validate me and that amuses me. In fact, I'm sorry @gazz65, but I think I have found a perfect candidate for the role of 'jester'.

There is a fire burning, Plum, and you waving your arms around trying to hide the smoke isn't helping. Given that you and yours are guilty of starting the fire and that you are trying to mask the fire from the fire-department, you really don't have much value here in terms of a constructive discussion, do you? So, Plum, if you must help to bring about a solution to the problem, could you please get out of the way?

Thank you.

Hold on abbie was it not gge who said they wer cracking down on these bots and other apps recently.
    unless I was mistaken I got message saying it was one of there main aims 2 route out this kind of stuff.
    As for people taken advantage of it I would not just complain about cg I think if you
    know it goes on I am guessing quite a lot of other alliances know it goes on and have used it.

Were you in cg and how long for?  cg grabbed land because 75 had a massive falling out and any other big alliance 
    could have grabbed assets from 75. plus wer did most of 75 go yes cg and pretorians. 

Until I get promoted from jester 2 Minstrel I will be keeping out of a crusade.  did u ever fight against 75 uk when
    you wer in cg?
  • Good evening all and a very happy and prosperous new year to all GGE players.

Abbie, is it just me or am I imagining things? Firstly you are sounding more like Him Next Door whilst he seems to be unseasonably quiet since you two have "merged". I am not in the habit of sharing previous conversations as I consider those to be private and that would involve a breach of trust and indeed terms and conditions of the forum rules but my observation is that you do not sound like the Abbie that I used to converse with, your language and subject matters seem to have been cloned into those of Him Next Door. I do hope that he is not using your account to spout from thereby making you a "multi-accounter"?

Secondly on the subject of fairplay, I did some considerable time ago attack one of your castles whilst you were in AO, a few weeks later you returned the favour, both hits were fair and above board. As is my custom I sent you a friendly message after both attacks and we got talking. Upshot was you were invited to CG and spent around a year with us, enjoying the vast amount of that period, certainly nothing for you and I to fall out over. As was the case with most of the server we participated in the Christmas and New Year ceasefire agreements, you can imagine my surprise having logged on at a reasonable time on Christmas Day I discovered that my castle in sands had been hit early hours, by someone that had stolen an rv from a third party player in a small alliance 2.2 clicks from my castle and then used as a launch pad for an extremely sneaky and cheap shot. I hope that the player who carried out the said cheap shot enjoyed their well earned and momentus victory. As an outspoken exponent of fairplay and upholder of the moral high ground on the UK server I can only imagine someone else was operating your account at the time.

I wasn't going to mention anything on here as I didn't particularly consider it newsworthy until I noticed the rhetoric concerning fairplay, standards, state of the game and wanting to leave a worthy empire for your children etc?

As someone that knew you for the year that you were with us and now seeing your posts and language used I find myself wondering as to your general wellbeing and thought processes now, if of course you are still the same person playing the account?

Anyway, wherever and whoever you are Abbie and indeed Him Next Door, I include you in the wish to have a happy new year. It is after all a war game not a political simulation.

Feliz y prospero ano Nuevo a tu y su familias....

Regards

IK

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

So abbie when you wer in CG for a year wer CG squeaky clean , did they and you
    not know about any multi accounts and other cheats or did this all start when you left.
    because if you knew while you wer in cg and never said anything then your part of the 
    problem you complain about.

• Hi Gazz, hope you have had a good festive period?

Quite obviously all the allegations of whatever the woes of the server are have only occurred after the leaving of CG as no reasonable person of such conscience would have ever put up with any whiff of whatever the righteous complain about now would they?

The very real example I described above is akin to what I suffered years ago at the hands of those 2 well known bsk Dobermans of Bira and Ditmar, any player utilising the same tactics would have taken the morals of the server back to those bad old days. An interesting paradox considering some of the outlandish claims uttered in the name of fairplay.

I can only imagine that the concept of fairplay is dependent on the shifting views of the exponent of said fairplay, a bit like the description of communism where all are equal but some are more equal than others. In this case it seems that we must all stick to a version of fairplay demanded by the extremist views of the people demanding it but they of course are exempt from it.

Wait for it, I'm sure that some sort of slanted justification is about to be written lol.....

Regards

IK

I am against cheating, use of bots and general douchebaggery (those that indulge in such tactics know who you are and many others can spot you also).

Hi Gazz, hope you have had a good festive period?

Quite obviously all the allegations of whatever the woes of the server are have only occurred after the leaving of CG as no reasonable person of such conscience would have ever put up with any whiff of whatever the righteous complain about now would they?

The very real example I described above is akin to what I suffered years ago at the hands of those 2 well known bsk Dobermans of Bira and Ditmar, any player utilising the same tactics would have taken the morals of the server back to those bad old days. An interesting paradox considering some of the outlandish claims uttered in the name of fairplay.

I can only imagine that the concept of fairplay is dependent on the shifting views of the exponent of said fairplay, a bit like the description of communism where all are equal but some are more equal than others. In this case it seems that we must all stick to a version of fairplay demanded by the extremist views of the people demanding it but they of course are exempt from it.

Wait for it, I'm sure that some sort of slanted justification is about to be written lol.....

Regards

IK

Hi IK

had a canny christmas most sober one yet and hope you had good one as well.
    could not agree more she danced around in cg and when she leaves after a year
    she says everything bad is caused just by cg.

think we need a rain check on this because if she knew anything was happening say after a month or
    two in cg and she stayed another year. then she has gone along with what she is now complaining about.

And that's why I still play this game because its not my real life its just for fun.

This discussion has been closed.