Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New deals

Am I the only one that has stopped buying rubies? 

These 75% booster offers are a joke. I sure hope nobody is buying them or GGS might actually think it was a good idea. 

The 250% nomad one looked nice. Too bad they waited until day 3 to offer it. After spamming us with a 50% offer for days? What the.... 

I remember staff claiming that there is an upper limit to how many skips we can hold because the database cannot handle raising it. Then they offer a deal when you can buy thousands of skips. No limit if I buy them, right? lol. What a joke. 

This game is expensive, already, but now? Well. I'd rather take up a crack habit than buy these deals. 
perryl @ USA1 
Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I feel exactly the same, and have also stopped buying rubies, truth is however GGE decide to price their items for sale is up to them, but they were insanly expensive previously, probably the most expensive game out there, and certainly a reason why i would not and have never reccomended this game to all my game friends despite being asked repetedly.  In fact i have specifically warned them off it. The real truth is the old 85,000k ruby offers were vastly overpriced, as most people in the game knew almost everyone that bought the offers only ever bought them at same time as a 100% to 200% offer to make them worthwhile.

very rarely did an offer ever come up that I would buy without an additional bonus.

Now GGE have taken it to a whole new level, not only have they made the offers worse, they at least for me have doubled the price off the offer to 180,000 rubies. 

Frankly right now there is not a chance i am parting with my cash, I have spent many tens of thousands on this game but enough is enough, over the last 18 months or so GGE have effectivly increased prices 400%  by removing offers, and now with this latest change effectivly again doubled prices of items.  That has turned the game from the most expensive game out there. to prohibitavly expensive.

An offer I got the other day was a horror offer, ie 6 out of the 9 slots were horors.  2 were tools (enough for about 1 att) and.  The game proudly said the offer was valued at £400, the horrors were enough for about 2/3 of an att, meaning that GGE values a single att at £600.  And it openly displays this proudly on its offers.

Does no one there even think about what they are saying in these offers?  A single att, thats almost certainly going to be gone in under 30 mins, and just a few click of the button. for £600 ???  Seriously?  For that i could buy a PS4 a couple of games and a  50 inch Tv to play it on!!! 

I would love to see gge's revenues from Empire, over the last say 2 years, and graph them over time, marking up where and when the big price increases, have been.  And i would be amazed, totally amazed if there wasnt a direct corrolation between increasing prices and lower sales.

Honestly its not the money and never has been or will be but the same as everything you buy in lifefor me at least  it has to offer value for money be it something you pay £2 for or £2million no one likes to think they are being exploited or ripped off.   And unfortunalty, I feel exactly that way.  Out of principle i will no longer spend on the game.   Unless there is a massive and dramatic change in pricing attitude and i dont jsut mean now rolling offers back to the way there were its too late to just roll back to extortionalty expensive,  I mean put some proper value for money offers up there.  With proper Loyalty bonus's  on good offers. 

At this point i dont even care if they do or dont, in fact a big part of me hope they plow on regardless, I would love to know how their profits are for 2015 and 2016, and projections are for 2017.  Becasue a 300% increase from 2013 to 2014 was very impressive, I would love to see the figures from there on in. 

Whilst i dont know that much about laurus capital specifically.  I do know about VC's in general, and I know they will want their pound of flesh.  And decling trends will not be what they are looking for!!!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,172
    Well i was going to buy my self some rubies for christmas , but these deals are awful , so i guess i buy myself a prezzie for christmas thankyou GGE .

and thankyou for helping me detocs of buying rubies 

You may set free many players from this game because of the new deals i relate this like going to the supermarket buying a tin of beans same price but the tin has less contents .

Merry Christmas to GGE and all players of empire

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    For me @Philt123 (GB1) the offers are 50k rubies, which is a bit better price-wise, but they removed everything I would be interested in buying from those offers. They're spamming me with a +75% token booster for 50k rubies that will last 12 hours. Just a few weeks ago I could buy 8 hours of 250% bonus for the same amount in a tiered deal. 

I get basically the same offer on GB1 but I only have to buy 6500 rubies for 12 hours of booster. I just get less of the tools and horrors, both of which I have no interest in anyways. Booster is useless to people at this level. So they're just being ripped off if they buy that deal. 

600 pounds for a single attack is insanity. It's totally about the money at that point. Sure, I can afford it, but why would I? I'll just buy some nice single malt and put the other 500 in my pocket. No video game is worth that much. I used to buy rubies on 3 servers. I have an account on 5. Since the new CoD came out I've spent the initial purchase price and got more playing time and enjoyment out of it. When new content gets added in February it will be automatically downloaded because it has already been paid for. The total cost? Enough for me to buy 260k rubies during 100% "loyalty" bonus. You know, the deals you get for not spending. lol
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    yep, its insane, for me the sam booster is 24 hrs @75%  for 180k rubies.  which as we all know is not really 24 hrs,   realistically even if you dont have a life you gonna lose pretty much half of that through sleep and other pretty important  daily functions!!!
    Philt123 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file