We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

So long, and thanks for the fish=)

Lord and Ladies of the amazing Empire community,

I am writing this post to let you all know that today is my last day with Goodgame Studios. I will remain in the gaming industry, and am very excited to face some new challenges! To be completely honest, this day has hit me with some very mixed feelings. GGS was a very interesting change of career paths for me, and I can say that I have learned so much in my 2 1/2 years with the company. It has been an absolute pleasure and honor to be the CM for this amazing community. The passion (sometimes a bit too much;), sincerity, and wit I experienced in here will be truly missed. I know the past year has been a roller coaster ride to say the least, but I 100% believed the company is getting back on track. You are in the best hands possible with the CM team that remains, and I have to say I see great things coming for the game and community in the upcoming year.
Since the restructuring, I have not been able to work with you guys as much as I would have liked. I will always remember my time spent here, and will call upon the lessons I have learned in my new position. I wish you guys and gals nothing but the best in the future. In Germany there is a famous saying that simply says "Man trifft sich zweimal im Leben". I hope this holds true Have a wonderful Christmas, and the happiest of New Years my good people!

Nothing but loads of love,

CM Popeye

Comments

• Kimmyjp67 (US1)Kimmyjp67 (US1) Posts: 126US1
    Best wishes CM you will be missed! :'(
    Kimmyjp67 @ usa 1
  • Sad to see you go popeye, you were an exemplary CM.

You will be missed by many including myself.
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    Goodbye Popeye. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) Posts: 122US1
    Best wishes... you were always the voice of logic and empathy.
    LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• hope  ur next path contains   100% bonus fame ;)
    am willl not cry untill u dont cry on leaving gge  :)
    best of luck 4 future
  • :(

Im actually going to cry about this. Popeye you will be missed
    Now on the Australia server.

200k, finally
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    edited 21.12.2016
    Bye Popeye. You were the best moderator that I have ever seen on the internet. Have an enjoyable Christmas.

wave remake
    Post edited by Graycat (US1) on
    catbargif
    95% of  people on the internet have some kind of mental or personality disorder. Society is sick.

Neph's 3rd apology to the Misc
  • Camolet (US1)Camolet (US1) Posts: 16US1
    You will be missed !!

Best of luck on your future endeavors.
    Camolet @ usa 1
  • Aww goodbye CM Popeye ;(

You were the best CM out there ;(

Enjoy your Christmas!

NGP

USA1
    Former Leader of TheMusketeers
    Former Member of TNP Gathering

Proud Member of SwampGators

"The playa who really lives up to his name" 

• Goodbye Popeye, you will be missed.

Best of luck in the gaming industry!  
    Lord septimus @us1
  • Again?
  • abbiewalker (GB1)abbiewalker (GB1) Posts: 236
    edited 21.12.2016

Bye Popeye and good luck  :)

Can't say I blame you with all the corruption that's going here, must be disheartening being forced to turn a blind eye to it all. Mentioning no names ;)

@ang1243

Post edited by abbiewalker (GB1) on
  • Goodbye and Good Luck Popeye!
    Revolc @ USA 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 282US1
    well blow me down :)  Good Luck Popeye and best wishes !!  
    edited 21.12.2016

Bye Popeye and good luck  :)

Can't say I blame you with all the corruption that's going here, must be disheartening being forced to turn a blind eye to it all. Mentioning no names ;)

@ang1243

EDIT - @Spamabusers Why are you flagging my post? @Popeye is leaving us and in his farewell speech, he offered a number of insights into what he was leaving behind. He made a reference to the 'more dubious side of the game' AND to the 'moderators' of the forum. I simply echoed the sentiments expressed by Popeye; gave voice to the concepts he addressed and by marking my post as spam/abuse, you are effectively giving a 'thumbs down' to Popeye's farewell speech.

In his speech, Popeye referred to the 'calibre' of moderators of the forum and I wanted Ang to see that Popeye seems to have some faith in him and that by addressing the problems of moderator bias, Ang might justify and fulfil that faith. There is a lot to do to make this game 'right' and there is a lot we can do and I was simply saying that a few simple correctly made decisions by him could raise the 'fairness bar' a couple of notches. We are losing a decent Moderator; I hope his 'replacement' is half as decent. That's all.

So out of respect for Popeye, guys, could you please refrain from abusing the spam/abuse flag..Thank you.

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) Posts: 851GB1
    Heard good things about Popeye another one bites the dust really goodluck finding a new job mate :)
    [email protected]
    Leader of Wraith
    edited 21.12.2016

@Ang1243

EDIT - Seriously? This post was flagged the second it went up; before anyone had enough time to assimilate it - That is BLATANT flag-abuse. The person who flagged flagged because it is my post and not because of what it says. Disgraceful.

• CM Popeye said:
    Lord and Ladies of the amazing Empire community,

I am writing this post to let you all know that today is my last day with Goodgame Studios. I will remain in the gaming industry, and am very excited to face some new challenges! To be completely honest, this day has hit me with some very mixed feelings. GGS was a very interesting change of career paths for me, and I can say that I have learned so much in my 2 1/2 years with the company. It has been an absolute pleasure and honor to be the CM for this amazing community. The passion (sometimes a bit too much;), sincerity, and wit I experienced in here will be truly missed. I know the past year has been a roller coaster ride to say the least, but I 100% believed the company is getting back on track. You are in the best hands possible with the CM team that remains, and I have to say I see great things coming for the game and community in the upcoming year.
    Since the restructuring, I have not been able to work with you guys as much as I would have liked. I will always remember my time spent here, and will call upon the lessons I have learned in my new position. I wish you guys and gals nothing but the best in the future. In Germany there is a famous saying that simply says "Man trifft sich zweimal im Leben". I hope this holds true Have a wonderful Christmas, and the happiest of New Years my good people!

Nothing but loads of love,

CM Popeye

Goodbye stan, you were always my favorite CM, you will be missed... No offense Evoke ;)

~CK~

Member of "The People Who Have Lives"

GGS's Definition of bullying:

• Threatening someone/someone's family/relatives IN REAL LIFE (Usually results in a permanent ban)
    • Calling people excessively vulgar/racist/hateful words/names (Usually results in a 24 hour temp ban)
    Anything and Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

For those of you who think capping/hitting Outposts, Monuments, Laboratories, Resource villages is bullying, go play farmville or mahjong. THIS IS A WAR GAME!!

Got a problem with me? Just say it to my face.

#RIPTestServer2017

Quit the game on 1/14/17

~CK~
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    See ya Stan! You were the man!

Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Sign In to comment.