We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update Questions & Feedback: Max Button

BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
Hey guys,

Here we go again, please share you feedback on this update and if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to put them forward!

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• FamousJohn8 (GB1)FamousJohn8 (GB1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 15.11.2016
    • Automatic recruitment is finally coming to the Empire!

• With the price of thousands of rubies im assuming , so basically pointless unless your a buyer of alot of rubies , and if so these players probably use these " bots " as they are probably more to the value than this s***

Proud n Happy Member of CG

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    edited 15.11.2016
    • Automatic recruitment is finally coming to the Empire!

• With the price of thousands of rubies im assuming , so basically pointless unless your a buyer of alot of rubies , and if so these players probably use these " bots " as they are probably more to the value than this s***

Hi @FamousJohn8 (GB1)

See this post for any more information, the screenshot above was taken from that post.

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• @BM ang1243
    My bad then , should be good,

Once you knock a man down to his final stage , there's nowhere he can go  but up.
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    No problem,

Just thought I ought to highlight it so that anyone else with same angst could see that it has been solved ;)

Angus

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,620
    I assume if you are actually going ahead with this update then you have tweaked it so it can compete with the bots? ie recruit 1+1 ?

I also assume if you have decided to go ahead with this update then you have found a way to tackle multis ?

If the answer to either of those 2 questions is no then you really do all need your heads testing.  As firsty the bots will still be able to recruit twice as fast at half the cost, so blows your point of doing this right out of the water as your justification was to make the bots less usefull. 

Secondly all you are doing here is making multiple accounts more and more attraactive with every single update you do, can you not see that the way to reduce multiple accounts is to develop a system to find them and then ban them, or to manage their usefullness out of the game.  And this update just makes them ten times as usefull as they are now.  Should I be that way inclined I could wake up in the morning set 10 accounts building troops, and by the end of the day have a good few thousand troops ready to ruin somones day.  Where previously that simply would not have been possible.

Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire is the undertatment of the century.  You really need to think a lot harder about the consequenses of this kind of an update, you just pushing one problem somewhere else, and that somewhere else is a much more dangerous place to be.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • that composition package still sint good enough for what we missed out on (the 1k ht,1mill coin) The 15 common resource bags were really needed tho finally got some bricks and sand
  • that composition package still sint good enough for what we missed out on (the 1k ht,1mill coin) The 15 common resource bags were really needed tho finally got some bricks and sand
    i disagree , its free , and didnt take time to get them

yes while playing nomads , if you have time on your hands you will get more ,

i disagree , its free , and didnt take time to get them

yes while playing nomads , if you have time on your hands you will get more ,
    I was talking more about the situation with nail biter event,i myself didnt plan for anything with the nomads, but know many others who did plan to use last boost to finnish nail biter with nomads, not gonna lie getting 18 points per hit in fcs is pretty nice, not sure if it would have been able to get required points with fcs, but im sure many people wouldnt have bothered going through that process 

but im not complaining about any freebies  :D
  • I assume if you are actually going ahead with this update then you have tweaked it so it can compete with the bots? ie recruit 1+1 ?

I also assume if you have decided to go ahead with this update then you have found a way to tackle multis ?

If the answer to either of those 2 questions is no then you really do all need your heads testing.  As firsty the bots will still be able to recruit twice as fast at half the cost, so blows your point of doing this right out of the water as your justification was to make the bots less usefull. 

Secondly all you are doing here is making multiple accounts more and more attraactive with every single update you do, can you not see that the way to reduce multiple accounts is to develop a system to find them and then ban them, or to manage their usefullness out of the game.  And this update just makes them ten times as usefull as they are now.  Should I be that way inclined I could wake up in the morning set 10 accounts building troops, and by the end of the day have a good few thousand troops ready to ruin somones day.  Where previously that simply would not have been possible.

Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire is the undertatment of the century.  You really need to think a lot harder about the consequenses of this kind of an update, you just pushing one problem somewhere else, and that somewhere else is a much more dangerous place to be.

So your saying that they should not go ahead with an update that will help every single person that plays the game just because of the small percentage of people who multi-account? Seems a bit unreasonable don't you think?
    Quit UK1. Now a full time tester!
    Midnight Zone (Test Server)
    200k MP. The Fearless. I'm a war-loving player with a nasty 6 wave attack ;)

• There are actually quite a few players who have multiple accounts. So this will definitely make it easier to manage troops on extra accounts. But the majority of players don't have multis and auto recruiting will be a godsend for the average players, so I think it's still good for the game.

But Phil is absolutely right, auto recruit will incentivize multis even more. Along with shell accounts that are used for farming res, this will mean fewer and fewer real players. Goodgame needs to recognize that it is a problem and actually do something about it.

Everybody who actually plays this game knows why multiple accounts are tempting. Simply remove the reasons why they are tempting and this will reduce the amount of multis. But I guess goodgame likes the occasional money they get from them, so they don't bother.
    MrKennyKRH lvl 800 @ skn 1
  • When i launch gge on the updates tab it says something about "tearing walls down between worlds....new lords and ladies

battle to upset the old order.... Prove your skills and succeed against challengers from all over the world" 

Whats that all about?

brag
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,620
    its rediculas that gge's justification for bringing the auto recruit in is to make bots less attractive in that one of their key uses is to auto recruit,  but the truth is if they havent included 1+1 recruiting on the new update then it will certainly not make bots less attractive, firstly 1+1 recruiting halves the cost and doubles the speed.

Also unless the auto recruit feature recruits tools, and loots for you too then its not going have the desired effect.

Also dont underestimate the sheer number of shell accounts on this server, also the number of account now are kinda irrelevent, the number of multis when i started were much much less, and systematically they have increased over the years as with the changes GGE have implimented have made multis more and more attractive,  and they have increased exponentionally.  This change is the biggest change in the history of the game, and makes them 10 times as useful.  lets face it before it was impossible to effectivly recruit on multiple accounts now anyone can do it at the click of a button.

They are using the logic of trying to reduce bot usefulness to do it and ignoring the exact same logic when it comes to multis, and the truth is multis are a MUCH MUCH bigger problem right now that bots are, which is why this is such a mad change.  watch this space there will be account coming out of the woodwork rotating in alliances that have been farms for years.  It already happens in certain alliances that collect free troops, not they can just build their own. 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Yeah i secretly hit these multi farms stealing kingdom resources  :D  only way i can see to discourage it, havent hit certains since there is a threat of that
  • Wait, ang, what update is the alchemist returning? is it returning?
    my esophagus big. 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Is Rosie on holiday?
    Batten @ en 1
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) Posts: 851GB1
    So far so good, like the automated recruitment idea will make it a lot easier while feasts are on 
    [email protected]
    Leader of Wraith
  • tbh i wont be using either features, the "bots" or gges "counter measure" to it 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I think Phil's concerns are relevant, clearly articulated and need to be addressed before the update goes live ideally.  

That's an issue for a CM to address.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,069INT1
    I have reported many cases of multi playing , but only to be told of the privacy laws , so you never really know what action was taking, but only to see them still on the map , so i guess nothing happened.

Maybe if GGE  posted here on forum the accounts they banned , i do not need to know why , but if they were banned and they showed the accounts that are ban blocked deleted maybe we could see what they actually are doing 

So GGE make a Banned lists i am sure this will go someway to show you are doing something 

Tony
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • really impressed with you guys. nothing used to happen until you laid off a whole heap of people and now you work better. great job really but not very logical. please keep it up otherwise I will say nasty things rather than nice ones.
Sign In to comment.