Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

SPLIT THREAD: Multi-Accounting Discussion - split from fairplay thread

ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
edited 02.11.2016 in General Discussion
Hi all,

I've just got back from a long weekend off the forums really, and some other RL stuff... I've split this thread away from the previous one, as it went off on quite a tangent! Hopefully the questions can be answered that were asked on the first thread, and feel free to continue the discussions on this thread instead, but please remember the forum guidelines, they can be found HERE I'll go through this thread now and sort it out in terms of the content, as some of it has broken these rules.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Fairplay Rules ????.

Cheers,

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• abbiewalker (GB1)abbiewalker (GB1) Posts: 236
    edited 31.10.2016
    Who thought up fairplay rules, I agree rules should be in place but as I see it ,these  rules were written by the top alliances, where is the protection for lower lvl legends, why cant you try to defend yourself when attack is coming in, its a war game you try and change defences to give yourself a chance against attackers, I have had players leave the game saying "the great just get greater and its hard for us to keep up, can no longer invest time in this game",, looking forward to reading other players views on this and seeing if they have there own issues regarding the rules

hi @freddis - the original set in current use was proposed by the BSK alliance - I believe BSK75 - recently updated with the help of fujiwara - after a fairly lengthy debate from any alliance diplomat - or leader choosing to join the discussions - it is "work in progress"  and no doubt it does not claim to be the perfect solution to all issues. However with the help of all alliances taking an active part - it is at least a good foundation.  The game changes frequently events are offering very good Castilian equipment - such as Kala set - which is simply the best not ruby defence ever offered - and with a little skill - crafting a high wall bonus - adding a look in game offer - if you can afford it - is very tough to beat. Have to give GGE credit for this - any serious player putting in the time could obtain at least 2 sets by now. Yes there are always power house ruby giants who may cause it to break - but it would be expensive to hit - and they would most likely go find an easier target.  Players leaving the game helps no one - but those who help themselves are likely to be around a long time - and if you look around players like Batten - - could certainly give some good advise - if he wished to share his knowledge - and there are many others like him!  Good luck - and remember  - what you gain in the game is pretty valueless -  what you can gain in friends on here - " priceless"   -  Mike 

I think before we even start with the issue of adding extra rule's our top end player's need to get their house in order, how can the rest of us take you all seriously when you fail to follow the game's proper rule's(T&Cs), Let's face it most of us know for a fact they use old accounts they hold the pass too as farms, multi account, trade and swap to better account's they didn't build, giving an unfair advantage over the honest player's. It's now endemic and common knowledge.

edited 02.11.2016

See i told you all i could prove this stuff, and to think some of you doubted me LOL, big question is what will be done about it ?

EDIT: Private messages have been removed, as this is against the forum guidelines, if you want to report someone, it has to be through support, this is who you must send any 'evidence' to.

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on
  • Mikeshot2 (GB1)Mikeshot2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 301
    Who thought up fairplay rules, I agree rules should be in place but as I see it ,these  rules were written by the top alliances, where is the protection for lower lvl legends, why cant you try to defend yourself when attack is coming in, its a war game you try and change defences to give yourself a chance against attackers, I have had players leave the game saying "the great just get greater and its hard for us to keep up, can no longer invest time in this game",, looking forward to reading other players views on this and seeing if they have there own issues regarding the rules

hi @freddis - the original set in current use was proposed by the BSK alliance - I believe BSK75 - recently updated with the help of fujiwara - after a fairly lengthy debate from any alliance diplomat - or leader choosing to join the discussions - it is "work in progress"  and no doubt it does not claim to be the perfect solution to all issues. However with the help of all alliances taking an active part - it is at least a good foundation.  The game changes frequently events are offering very good Castilian equipment - such as Kala set - which is simply the best not ruby defence ever offered - and with a little skill - crafting a high wall bonus - adding a look in game offer - if you can afford it - is very tough to beat. Have to give GGE credit for this - any serious player putting in the time could obtain at least 2 sets by now. Yes there are always power house ruby giants who may cause it to break - but it would be expensive to hit - and they would most likely go find an easier target.  Players leaving the game helps no one - but those who help themselves are likely to be around a long time - and if you look around players like Batten - - could certainly give some good advise - if he wished to share his knowledge - and there are many others like him!  Good luck - and remember  - what you gain in the game is pretty valueless -  what you can gain in friends on here - " priceless"   -  Mike 

I think before we even start with the issue of adding extra rule's our top end player's need to get their house in order, how can the rest of us take you all seriously when you fail to follow the game's proper rule's(T&Cs), Let's face it most of us know for a fact they use old accounts they hold the pass too as farms, multi account, trade and swap to better account's they didn't build, giving an unfair advantage over the honest player's. It's now endemic and common knowledge.

Could not agree more Abbie -- However I am not on the board of directors of GGE - So it is a question of influencing what you are able too - What niggles me is the number of false accusations thrown up here on the forums - suggesting I have insulted you - Batten and others by the likes of HND - which just dilutes the real issues - Yes many use farms - that may be regarded as cheating - multi accounting - troop bots - and so on - everyone is well aware of this - and some exploit it - You can only make suggestions to GGE - on how to cure this - for example remove war time loot bonus - stop offering 200% deals on dead accounts - this would make all of these reasons to cheat less attractive - It would be far more beneficial to come up with solutions than to forever point fingers at players -with little evidence - this is a little dig @HND who has his theories which are so twisted and fragmented I have given up bothering to answer - Do you remember reading the highway code?  Solid well written rules of driving - However everyone breaks the rules frequently - It is more a question of the punishment for the crime - It also requires the removal of the benefits or rewards on offer for the success of those crimes. I have no wish to get drawn into personal vendetta's - HND is the king of that arena  - I would however support any motion to find preventative measures to keep this game fair for all - If I have insulted you - or even Batten  - please let me know how - as it has never been my intension  - thanks - Mike 
    edited 01.11.2016

Could not agree more Abbie -- However I am not on the board of directors of GGE - So it is a question of influencing what you are able too - What niggles me is the number of false accusations thrown up here on the forums - suggesting I have insulted you - Batten and others by the likes of HND - which just dilutes the real issues - Yes many use farms - that may be regarded as cheating - multi accounting - troop bots - and so on - everyone is well aware of this - and some exploit it - You can only make suggestions to GGE - on how to cure this - for example remove war time loot bonus - stop offering 200% deals on dead accounts - this would make all of these reasons to cheat less attractive - It would be far more beneficial to come up with solutions than to forever point fingers at players -with little evidence - this is a little dig @HND who has his theories which are so twisted and fragmented I have given up bothering to answer - Do you remember reading the highway code?  Solid well written rules of driving - However everyone breaks the rules frequently - It is more a question of the punishment for the crime - It also requires the removal of the benefits or rewards on offer for the success of those crimes. I have no wish to get drawn into personal vendetta's - HND is the king of that arena  - I would however support any motion to find preventative measures to keep this game fair for all - If I have insulted you - or even Batten  - please let me know how - as it has never been my intension  - thanks - Mike 

Toe is a close ally of your's so your fully aware of the cheating going on with regards the" toe the tyrant multi hat" where were you when your deputy (plum) was suggesting i faked the screenshot of the hakhat's"toe" Skype profile ? She (and you)would have known fine well what i was saying is 100% correct seen as you all have Skype rooms together. I think you guys have just proved my point.
  • Mikeshot2 (GB1)Mikeshot2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 301

I am seriously not over interested in the Skype name(s) used in that arena - anymore than I am the name  of the player in any castle or account - so long as it is one player / the same player continuously  -  I did see plum suggest Skype screen shots is not substantial evidence for GGE to act on - and I would agree - as it could be "altered" - that is not a suggestion it has been - We are either going to sit pointing fingers and moaning - or suggest ways of preventing future abuse of the game - Why is this dragged back into what we already know - there are multies - there are cheats - this is never going to change - what we can do is make it less rewarding in future - to this end I would support - Fitting punishments? - I leave to the courts - and in this case GGE - One question I would ask was given the time you spent in CG - why has it taken you this long to find the moral high ground? No answer required on that - as I  would seriously just like to have good suggestions for benefit of the long term enjoyment of the game - and really do not want anymore threads on he did she did - - probably a waste of energy as so many seem to be only interested in playing forum games -  

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 270
    edited 02.11.2016

See i told you all i could prove this stuff, and to think some of you doubted me LOL, big question is what will be done about it ?

EDIT: Private messages have been removed, as this is against the forum guidelines, if you want to report someone, it has to be through support, this is who you must send any 'evidence' to.

Account swapping is not a big alliance issue nor is it a CG issue. It takes place all over the server. Do I personally agree with it? no. Have I done it? no. Can I understand why some do? Yes, Can they do it through GGS? Yes. Is it my place to dictate who plays where so long as they play in one account? No.

If you want to shine a spotlight on these issues then perhaps shine an unbiased one. You are in DMH with I'm sure an insider's view there, so perhaps you would like to discuss the Tumbleweed account? The player did quit while in Praetorians and someone had the pass to take him back to DMH where he had come from. I have seen that you are happy to keep pointing fingers almost entirely at your former team mates so perhaps you would be interested in keeping it fair and point at your current ones too? Or other alliances? Or perhaps a better way, when on the forum, is to talk about the topic without specific examples or pointing fingers, and if you have evidence of perceived or actual rule breaks then report them to GGS support? As I've said this issue is not limited to a handful of alliances nor to top alliances only but if you believe it is a top alliance issue only then as a member of a top alliance you need to use we / us rather than they when referring to top alliances.

You posted private skype conversations between you and former team mates. I find that distasteful and it's also a rule breach (5.3 g).  

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there own view but this is a game, it is played for fun and the forum is supposed to be an environment for genuine and free discussion. Very few people in a war game can say they have lived the life of angels, in game, so your comments are coming across in your posts, to me, as holier than thou, as though you have never behaved in a less desirable manner, using this as a way of getting back at people you appear to have fallen out with rather than a wholly philosophical view on game mechanics and it's playability. 

cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • I am seriously not over interested in the Skype name(s) used in that arena - anymore than I am the name  of the player in any castle or account - so long as it is one player / the same player continuously  -  I did see plum suggest Skype screen shots is not substantial evidence for GGE to act on - and I would agree - as it could be "altered" - that is not a suggestion it has been - We are either going to sit pointing fingers and moaning - or suggest ways of preventing future abuse of the game - Why is this dragged back into what we already know - there are multies - there are cheats - this is never going to change - what we can do is make it less rewarding in future - to this end I would support - Fitting punishments? - I leave to the courts - and in this case GGE - One question I would ask was given the time you spent in CG - why has it taken you this long to find the moral high ground? No answer required on that - as I  would seriously just like to have good suggestions for benefit of the long term enjoyment of the game - and really do not want anymore threads on he did she did - - probably a waste of energy as so many seem to be only interested in playing forum games -  

Yes but the point is your in bed with (so to speak lol) one of the biggest multi accounter's in the game, you've just taken over the server together, and the best you can come up with is to question my motives, where's the outrage at being conned into placing him (a multi cheat) at the top of the server ? I would be mad if i was you yet you don't seem phased by it.

As for my taking so long to come forward with this stuff, i did know what was going on over there was wrong but it was only recently i woke up to just how wrong it is, hope you can understand it's been a big move for me to expose this stuff and risk losing all the hard work i put into my account, some of you will have seen the threats I've had over this. 

Oh and i didn't just jump on the forum, i tried to sort it through the proper channels but you have all seen the response i got from moderator ang1243.

• "Yes it could be argued that those who p/w share or multi-account are breaching any aspect of fair play "

There's no argument about it Andrew, it's against the terms and conditions. I.E. illegal under gge rules...the real rules not the plastic ones.

• I could not agree more Abbie but as you say these are breaches against terms and conditions and GGS should be controlling this or indeed their terms and conditions are pointless.  There is no point GGS having these if they cannot control them after all.

What fair play agreements are discussing are outside of the requirement for a provider to manage its own terms and conditions and set a platform we as players can control which is conduct in how we treat each other within the game.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • http://prntscr.com/d1g51l

http://prntscr.com/d1g5ae

Account swapping is not a big alliance issue nor is it a CG issue. It takes place all over the server. Do I personally agree with it? no. Have I done it? no. Can I understand why some do? Yes, Can they do it through GGS? Yes. Is it my place to dictate who plays where so long as they play in one account? No.

If you want to shine a spotlight on these issues then perhaps shine an unbiased one. You are in DMH with I'm sure an insider's view there, so perhaps you would like to discuss the Tumbleweed account? The player did quit while in Praetorians and someone had the pass to take him back to DMH where he had come from. I have seen that you are happy to keep pointing fingers almost entirely at your former team mates so perhaps you would be interested in keeping it fair and point at your current ones too? Or other alliances? Or perhaps a better way, when on the forum, is to talk about the topic without specific examples or pointing fingers, and if you have evidence of perceived or actual rule breaks then report them to GGS support? As I've said this issue is not limited to a handful of alliances nor to top alliances only but if you believe it is a top alliance issue only then as a member of a top alliance you need to use we / us rather than they when referring to top alliances.

You posted private skype conversations between you and former team mates. I find that distasteful and it's also a rule breach (5.3 g).  

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there own view but this is a game, it is played for fun and the forum is supposed to be an environment for genuine and free discussion. Very few people in a war game can say they have lived the life of angels, in game, so your comments are coming across in your posts, to me, as holier than thou, as though you have never behaved in a less desirable manner, using this as a way of getting back at people you appear to have fallen out with rather than a wholly philosophical view on game mechanics and it's playability. 

Your are joking, not a big issue at CG? , do you want me to post the lot and show just how big a problem this is ? oh and i only point the finger where i have facts..i'm new to dmh and not in the loop on this stuff, but i do know everything that went on at cg.

Like i said already, i took to posting this stuff as it was being brushed under the carpet through the proper channel's, why don't you post against the ones cheating instead of bashing me? Oh hang on it's because it doesn't suit that i've exposed the hypocrisy of the top two alliance's !! 

edited 02.11.2016

Your are joking, not a big issue at CG? , do you want me to post the lot and show just how big a problem this is ? oh and i only point the finger where i have facts..i'm new to dmh and not in the loop on this stuff, but i do know everything that went on at cg.

Like i said already, i took to posting this stuff as it was being brushed under the carpet through the proper channel's, why don't you post against the ones cheating instead of bashing me? Oh hang on it's because it doesn't suit that i've exposed the hypocrisy of the top two alliance's !! 

Please don't twist my words. I was very specific in them. I said "Account swapping is not a big alliance issue nor is it a CG issue. It takes place all over the server. " 

This was a players question about fair play rules and this topic has gone off track. Report evidence to support. GGS does allow people to swap accounts if they do it through GGS. The forum is not the correct avenue to explore, nor is skype'ing a moderator whose details you have because you were in the same alliance. Use the correct channels. If they have agreed the swaps as per their terms and conditions then no action may be required. If you have evidence of someone actively multi accounting send it to them. Do not post private conversation on an open forum. I have not 'bashed' you, purely replied to your post and the choices you have made in a civilised manner.  

You might want to start your own thread if you do not have a view for Freddis on fair play rules themselves since this is his thread and question.
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • It's about fair play RULE'S and if you read my post you would understand why it's very relevant, in what way have I twisted your words ? and why don't you go comment on hnd's post on the other thread, it's very good and i think you will find it interesting.

I'm receiving in game message's of support so just maybe there's a lot more agree on this stuff than you think.  

You posted private skype conversations between you and former team mates. I find that distasteful and it's also a rule breach (5.3 g).  . 

Well, well, well... I could be weeks getting through all this so let's get started. I will start in the mire and work my way down.

Once upon a time, Cheza, you had moral back-bone... What made you sell out?

Firstly, you misinterpret rule (5.3 g) -

https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Key_Definitions/63.htm

"Personal data means data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller;"

That notwithstanding, how do you feel about people posting current spy reports on the forum? I mean, does your 'moral outrage' extend to the actions of MikeShot who set a precedent by posting what you appear to define as my personal data in the form of a current spy report?

Again not the topic on this thread. Do you have a view solely on the mechanics of fair play rules for Freddis?

I will not be drawn into any long-winded discussion of interpretations of personal data though anyone reading this has your game name and can spy for themselves so there is nothing everyone on UK1 cannot find out. Skype names are private and up to the user to share or not.

I do not value your opinion as you have shown you are not open to discussions and hold to points beyond credulity. You state opinions as facts as though your opinion is greater than others. 

This will be my only reply to you. I think your body of work on the forum speaks for itself and nothing further is needed.

Sorry Freddis for a post not on topic.
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • I would say that shells, multi-accounting and p/w sharing is very relevant and I say that as a player who was once surrounded by 9 shells all trying to tool knock and would agree that GGS need to be able to resolve this for us all to enjoy a fair platform but players should manage and make judgement on this?  I look forward to any suggestions on how this should or could be done and wonder why game players should even have to.

So until GGS can control this will players cheat then yes I guess they will.  Should we disband the fair play rules and revert to the game mechanics until they do I am sure people can comment on.  Personally I would say not being attacked every 3 hrs, attack distances, attack volumes and so on will appeal to many.

As to those players advocating these agreements being held responsible for the shells, p/w sharing etc I am not sure how they add to the discussion on the specifics of agreements and where we have proof we should pass to GGS and if they do not act shame on them and the pretence of T&Cs.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • O.K. so we are back to T&Cs rather than the agreements put in place to improve conditions under our control.

I am sure this has been passed to GGS and they are dealing with it accordingly as custodians of the legal terms relating to this game.  I like many players have my opinion on such things of course but in the end no power to act on such things.

There are I am sure players who hate this and see it as unethical, as I am sure there are players who see no issue with a player playing a single account that has been bequeathed as there will be players who do not care.

The fair play agreements do however affect all and I hope that via compromise and discussion all see them as fit for purpose to benefit the playing conditions of all at the fundamental level of how we all conduct ourselves with each other in this game.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Well I can only speak for myself with any thoughts on the application of T&Cs and I have been one of many I am sure who have tried to engage GGS over issues mainly pertaining to shells with no purpose other than to affect the game quality of others while the person using them has a main account safely sitting on the Server.

In the end it is human nature simply not to bother spending continual time on things seemingly never resolved.  The Bequeathed account matter is one that has been discussed for some time I believe and we now have a Server I imagine with a very large number of accounts who are not the original owner.  If GGS are to act they need to act with all rather than 1 or 2 that may be identified by us and have the mechanisms and desire to identify and enforce breaches to the T&C.

If GGS do not enforce this as much as yes more voices from us add volume if this cannot be universally controlled by them then we achieve little since Bequeathed accounts do not stop.  It will be interesting to see how much passion there is against this and perhaps some feedback from GGS as to what exactly constitutes a breach if they are not dealing with valid complaints made to them
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file