We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Technicus is broken

You know the story of pinocchio?

basically whenever pinocchio lied his nose grew and if you looked at the nose of the technicus you would think hes related to pinocchio and  realize that thing isnt normal hes done his fair share of lying 

i was trying to upgrade a piece of equipment from level 6-7 with a 32% chance of success so thats about a 1 in 3 chance of getting it i failed 12 times i thought okay just a bit of bad luck whatever then from level 7-8 i had a 26% chance of success so it should only take about 4 attempts i failed that atleast 20-30 times (i wasnt counting because it shouldnt take that many attempts) eventually i gave up and put another piece of equipment up and upgraded that to level 2 i put the level 7 piece back up hoping that would fix the odds it did not i failed another 20+ times before giving up and calling the techy a bunch of rude names and laughing about that giant abomination of a nose he has

i dont know if anyone else is having these problems aswell but i know people complain the techy never does his job properly and he is nicknamed the thief by some in my alliance because is a thief i think he hangs out with the shady lady to often hes been doing this long enough he should know how to properly sharpen the weapons and temper the armour and helmets by now maybe old age is affecting him or that thing on his face is getting in the way
«1

Comments

  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    edited 29.10.2016
    agreed

    it isn't ever a case of "bad luck"

    no matter what, it always takes over 20 times to successfully improve any piece of equipment, even if it's a 20% chance of improvement
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    You know the story of pinocchio?

    basically whenever pinocchio lied his nose grew and if you looked at the nose of the technicus you would think hes related to pinocchio and  realize that thing isnt normal hes done his fair share of lying 

    i was trying to upgrade a piece of equipment from level 6-7 with a 32% chance of success so thats about a 1 in 3 chance of getting it i failed 12 times i thought okay just a bit of bad luck whatever then from level 7-8 i had a 26% chance of success so it should only take about 4 attempts i failed that atleast 20-30 times (i wasnt counting because it shouldnt take that many attempts) eventually i gave up and put another piece of equipment up and upgraded that to level 2 i put the level 7 piece back up hoping that would fix the odds it did not i failed another 20+ times before giving up and calling the techy a bunch of rude names and laughing about that giant abomination of a nose he has

    i dont know if anyone else is having these problems aswell but i know people complain the techy never does his job properly and he is nicknamed the thief by some in my alliance because is a thief i think he hangs out with the shady lady to often hes been doing this long enough he should know how to properly sharpen the weapons and temper the armour and helmets by now maybe old age is affecting him or that thing on his face is getting in the way
    This one time, I was upgrading an item to +20. It went from 16 - 19 without a fail. 

    Odds are weird. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

    @ me or don't expect a response. 

    Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • You know the story of pinocchio?

    basically whenever pinocchio lied his nose grew and if you looked at the nose of the technicus you would think hes related to pinocchio and  realize that thing isnt normal hes done his fair share of lying 

    i was trying to upgrade a piece of equipment from level 6-7 with a 32% chance of success so thats about a 1 in 3 chance of getting it i failed 12 times i thought okay just a bit of bad luck whatever then from level 7-8 i had a 26% chance of success so it should only take about 4 attempts i failed that atleast 20-30 times (i wasnt counting because it shouldnt take that many attempts) eventually i gave up and put another piece of equipment up and upgraded that to level 2 i put the level 7 piece back up hoping that would fix the odds it did not i failed another 20+ times before giving up and calling the techy a bunch of rude names and laughing about that giant abomination of a nose he has

    i dont know if anyone else is having these problems aswell but i know people complain the techy never does his job properly and he is nicknamed the thief by some in my alliance because is a thief i think he hangs out with the shady lady to often hes been doing this long enough he should know how to properly sharpen the weapons and temper the armour and helmets by now maybe old age is affecting him or that thing on his face is getting in the way
    This one time, I was upgrading an item to +20. It went from 16 - 19 without a fail. 

    Odds are weird. 
    you lucky lucky man if only i could do that without failing more times than i care to count to
    were you using rubies to get 100% chance of success?
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,781GB1
    i dont think its just the technius odds that are wrong,  the spy odds are shocking, often i am at 5 or 6% and fail 2 or 3 times in a row, the odds of that are so miniscule yet it happens every single event, and its been like this a long time.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) Posts: 419AU1
    edited 29.10.2016
    yeah i fail twice on allot of things i spy on be it other players, kingdom towers or nomad camps but my main frustration is the techy i have some good pieces and i need to upgrade them but he just doesnt want to upgrade them for me
  • This guide kinda works to level 10 teching and I've found it drastically decreases the amount of fails.

    http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/dMJYTDc.png

    The numbers are for how many times it should take
    Father of All @ GB1
    Views are my own, I do not speak for anyone else
  • interesting might have to give that a try i doubt it will work but anything is worth giving a go at this point
  • This guide kinda works to level 10 teching and I've found it drastically decreases the amount of fails.

    http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/dMJYTDc.png

    The numbers are for how many times it should take
    Tried it didnt work for me
    i can also confirm that this does not work the techy still isnt working properly
  • benjames (AU1)benjames (AU1) Posts: 220AU1
    edited 30.10.2016
    This guide kinda works to level 10 teching and I've found it drastically decreases the amount of fails.

    http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/dMJYTDc.png

    The numbers are for how many times it should take
    Tried it didnt work for me
    i can also confirm that this does not work the techy still isnt working properly
    It is not broken..
    It is random.. sometimes you fail 20 times in a row, then you succeed a few times in a row at high tech.
    It somewhat evens out, you fail a heap then succeed a lot.
    I teched artifact +18 in 1 try it got up to +19, clicking where Father of All said.
    Benjames--><--Semajneb





  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    You know the story of pinocchio?

    basically whenever pinocchio lied his nose grew and if you looked at the nose of the technicus you would think hes related to pinocchio and  realize that thing isnt normal hes done his fair share of lying 

    i was trying to upgrade a piece of equipment from level 6-7 with a 32% chance of success so thats about a 1 in 3 chance of getting it i failed 12 times i thought okay just a bit of bad luck whatever then from level 7-8 i had a 26% chance of success so it should only take about 4 attempts i failed that atleast 20-30 times (i wasnt counting because it shouldnt take that many attempts) eventually i gave up and put another piece of equipment up and upgraded that to level 2 i put the level 7 piece back up hoping that would fix the odds it did not i failed another 20+ times before giving up and calling the techy a bunch of rude names and laughing about that giant abomination of a nose he has

    i dont know if anyone else is having these problems aswell but i know people complain the techy never does his job properly and he is nicknamed the thief by some in my alliance because is a thief i think he hangs out with the shady lady to often hes been doing this long enough he should know how to properly sharpen the weapons and temper the armour and helmets by now maybe old age is affecting him or that thing on his face is getting in the way
    This one time, I was upgrading an item to +20. It went from 16 - 19 without a fail. 

    Odds are weird. 
    you lucky lucky man if only i could do that without failing more times than i care to count to
    were you using rubies to get 100% chance of success?
    I would never, ever, use rubies for tech. 

    It's just the way odds work. Have you ever played dice? craps? Anything like that? Odds are just weird like that. A 50% chance can fail 50 times in a row. This is mathematically possible. Probability math.. 

    I Googled up a quick explanation for you. 
    http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/433003/odds-of-being-correct-x-times-in-a-row

    If you're a real nerd. 
    http://marknelson.us/2011/01/17/20-heads-in-a-row-what-are-the-odds/
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

    @ me or don't expect a response. 

    Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    i dont think its just the technius odds that are wrong,  the spy odds are shocking, often i am at 5 or 6% and fail 2 or 3 times in a row, the odds of that are so miniscule yet it happens every single event, and its been like this a long time.
    The chances of failing at 5% are actually quite high. Just like the chance of success at 5% is quite high at tech. 1/20 chance of success doesn't mean you have to fail 20 times to succeed any more than it means you will succeed within 20 tries. How many times have you upgraded an item and had it succeed on the 1st try? How many of those times were below 50%? Pay close attention to it sometime. 

    It's a combination of factors. Probability math, psychology, and likely a global effect based on other users. 

    Think of it this way. If you have a 20% chance to fail, and you succeed 6 times in a row. Do you even notice? 20% can be simplified to 1/5 chance to fail, but it's still possible to succeed 10 times in a row, just like it is possible to fail 5 times in a row. 

    Probability math is really interesting and I linked a view articles about it above. 

    Psychology comes into play when you do something and it fails. You see that red, you've now wasted some gold. Now you have to click it again. Oh no, it failed again. Now you're frustrated. The next one better "win". This is like gambling. The feeling you feel when you lose but the chances are high enough that you feel like it's no big deal, the next one should definitely win. Then you lose again. When you're winning, it's not the same. Only if it's a big win. Like the time I refined an item from 16 - 19 without a fail. 

    Earlier today I failed going from 5 - 6 like 15 times. It all balances out. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

    @ me or don't expect a response. 

    Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • I just really need to be able to upgrade a more pieces to level 16 and above i have 4 pieces of beri armour and need all 4 to be level 20 for a 90/90 i have 1 piece at level 16 and the rest are 15 but i just couldnt upgrade the pieces any higher hopefully when the techy is back at the start of the next event i can upgrade the pieces more i am looting plenty of coin from the nomads and dont have anything else to spend coins on so thats no problem but 83/83 isnt good enough yet so hopefully i can improve them for the foris and hopefully i wont have to make a new thread complaining about how bad they are again
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,781GB1
    5% chance of failiure means 95% chance of sucess so you would reasonably expect to suceed most of the time in fact 95% of the time, where it really getrs interesting id when you fail 2 or 3 times in a row.

    what are the odds of getting 3 sucesses in a row if the odds are 95%. Yep they are 85%

    What are the odds of failing 3 times in a row at 5%  yep 1 in 8000.  I dont know about anyone else but i fail pretty frequently 3 times in a row on something that has a 5% probablility of failiure.  that should only really happen statistically once ever 6 months or so.   I totally realise it doesnt work like that in the real world however a decent check would be to collect as large a sample of  spy results as possible and compare them to the stated probabilities, the larger the sample the closer to the real odds it should be.

    I would be prepared to put money that if we did that the stated odds would be massivly different to the sampled odds. 

    I am talking about spy results here.

    Philt123 @ en 1
  • lol....yes playing GGE does seem to be like playing a rigged Vegas Casino for sure.

    So just in case anyone is unsure here I believe are the GGE definitions:

    1) A 5% chance of  spies failing - spies will fail on a regular basis.
    2) A 5% chance of a piece of equipment upgrading with the Technicus - pretty much no chance but keep spending the millions of gold with the hope you will use rubies instead.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • lol....yes playing GGE does seem to be like playing a rigged Vegas Casino for sure.

    So just in case anyone is unsure here I believe are the GGE definitions:

    1) A 5% chance of  spies failing - spies will fail on a regular basis.
    2) A 5% chance of a piece of equipment upgrading with the Technicus - pretty much no chance but keep spending the millions of gold with the hope you will use rubies instead.
    That sounds about right
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    edited 02.11.2016
    5% chance of failiure means 95% chance of sucess so you would reasonably expect to suceed most of the time in fact 95% of the time, where it really getrs interesting id when you fail 2 or 3 times in a row.

    what are the odds of getting 3 sucesses in a row if the odds are 95%. Yep they are 85%

    What are the odds of failing 3 times in a row at 5%  yep 1 in 8000.  I dont know about anyone else but i fail pretty frequently 3 times in a row on something that has a 5% probablility of failiure.  that should only really happen statistically once ever 6 months or so.   I totally realise it doesnt work like that in the real world however a decent check would be to collect as large a sample of  spy results as possible and compare them to the stated probabilities, the larger the sample the closer to the real odds it should be.

    I would be prepared to put money that if we did that the stated odds would be massivly different to the sampled odds. 

    I am talking about spy results here.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/25qsv7/eli5_if_i_attempt_something_with_1_probability/

    http://www.leagueofgamemakers.com/probability-for-game-designers/

    This is why guardhouses are useless. The chances that I can spy you by just sending 1 spy over and over until 1 gets through are actually quite good. Considering how many spies I have and the time it would take for them to get to you. If I have a 5% chance to get through then you would expect it to be about 1/20. However, it's 1/20 each time independently of the previous try. It's a constant re-roll. It's not 1/20, 1 fails, next is 1/19. It's 1/20, 1 fails, next is 1/20. Then 1/20 again, and again, and again. You don't increase your chances by failing. You just fail.


    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

    @ me or don't expect a response. 

    Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Lesky (AU1)Lesky (AU1) Posts: 103AU1
    easiest way is just make sure u got enough coins to max tech it, close ur eyes and start clicking. When I tech, I do all 4 pieces at once, I put a value on the comm before teching, if it isnt going to make me 15mill coins, im not gonna spend 15mill coins teching it. 
  • http://prntscr.com/d24iax
    if you can be bothered looking thats the stats of the com im trying to get the pieces to level 20 and the reason i started this thread when the old man was to useless to upgrade the pieces for me all 4 pieces (never mind the hero and the gems they are pretty bad) are berimond pieces i have the lion armour and the bear weapon, artifact and helmet together form a decent set for me anyway when they are all level 20 it will be a 90/90 with plenty of extra stats it would have been good to use against the foris but they are as rubbish as ever
  • Recently, I was able to get to the 7th level before a fail, which was a legendary helmet that focused on melee. I knew it would likely fail for #8 so I folded and was good for that piece.
  • Plum II (GB1)Plum II (GB1) Posts: 107
    edited 06.11.2016
    i dont think its just the technius odds that are wrong,  the spy odds are shocking, often i am at 5 or 6% and fail 2 or 3 times in a row, the odds of that are so miniscule yet it happens every single event, and its been like this a long time.
    Throw in the expiration of espionage reports (You know, the one GGE claims to have fixed?) mere seconds after you've spied, and it's grounds for the beginnings of a conspiracy about GGE wanting us to waste our feathers unnecessarily in order to force us to purchase more.
Sign In to comment.