We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Extreme lag

Midnight (AU1)Midnight (AU1) Posts: 180
edited 20.10.2016 in Technical Assistance
I have been working on my laptop all day. Using Firefox to log in to several different websites. Even here on the forum, and it has all been good. No problems at all. Until I log into the game and WHAM! The opening screen on my castle just sits, and sits, and sits, then finally stops. But as soon as I click on something to open it it happens again!
This is ridiculous! I have closed out of the game at least 6 times. Restarted my computer at least twice. Turned it off completely and turned it back on again. Checked other websites, and used other browsers and it is still the same. The game is the ONLY thing that is having difficulties.
Post edited by CM Evoke on
Midnight @ au 1

Comments

• Hi, I am having problems loading GGE. It take a long time for everything to appear on the screen. At present I am using Mozilla Firefox browser.
    Next I have noticed that the Wheel of fortune coin prize is not added to my coin bank when clicked received.
    Pls help.Thanks
  • Does that mean I can attack you? ;)

Try restarting your internet modem and laptop?
    Wilson Wang @ au 1
  • CM EvokeCM Evoke Posts: 801
    Hey guys,

I have merged your threads to try and gather information on the topic, can you please let us know if you also use firefox @Midnight (AU1)?

I see that you have mentioned that it starts to happen upon log in, and the game takes a long time to load. Is this persisting throughout today?

Any additional info would be very useful.

- Rosie

• Arghths (INT1)Arghths (INT1) Posts: 2,872
    before the "minor bugfix" i didnt have any problem at all. the game worked as it used to. After the Bugfix it lags a lot. the same problem as the other players have mentioned

i only use firefox 
  • Midnight (AU1)Midnight (AU1) Posts: 180
    edited 20.10.2016
    CM Evoke said:
    Hey guys,

I have merged your threads to try and gather information on the topic, can you please let us know if you also use firefox @Midnight (AU1)?

I see that you have mentioned that it starts to happen upon log in, and the game takes a long time to load. Is this persisting throughout today?

Any additional info would be very useful.

- Rosie
    Hi Rosie. Yes, if you read my original post I mention that I am using Firefox. But I have been for two and a half years. I had work to do after my post so haven't had the opportunity to try again until now. And YES it is still happening. *sigh*
    It has sat like this for 4 minutes and counting http://prntscr.com/cwlsbd The little cogs are just going round and round and round.

Edit: Just logged in with Internet Explorer, no problems. Must be a Firefox issue.

Midnight @ au 1
  • the same here, before the update yesterday, now problem, but now it's not playebell
    gert242 @ nl 1
    edited 20.10.2016
    Hey guys, 

Thank you for the information, so far it seems to be related to the new version of Mozilla Firefox which was released recently as you mentioned, we also seem to have the same issue in one of our other games, Bigfarm. We are currently working on a solution and we will share additional info as soon as we have it.

However, of course we will continue to investigate if this is still a problem for players after the workaround.

- Rosie

• Yay! It worked! Thanks Rosie!!!
    CM Evoke said:
    Hey all,

Please check this link https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2224252 and scroll down to ''Mozilla NPAPI AsyncDrawing Support''.

Please follow the directions to disable ''AsynchronousDrawing support''.

You do this by following these steps;

1. Go to your search bar at the top of your browser
    2. Type in “about:config” in the search bar
    3. Find  “dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled” 
    4. Set “dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled” to false.

Please let us know if this helps!

- Rosie

Midnight @ au 1
  • Arghths (INT1)Arghths (INT1) Posts: 2,872
    edited 20.10.2016
    CM Evoke said:
    Hey all,

Please check this link https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2224252 and scroll down to ''Mozilla NPAPI AsyncDrawing Support''.

You do this by following these steps;

1. Go to your address bar at the top of your browser

- Rosie
    that did the trick. it is 5 minutes since i made the change and so far the game works like before!
    i hope it stays like this :)

thank you for this solution
    Post edited by CM Evoke on
    You're very welcome guys :) if you do have any more problems, please come back and let us know so we can take a look into it for you.

- Rosie

• CM Evoke said:
    Hey all,

You can do this by following these steps;

1. Go to your search bar at the top of your browser

- Rosie
    Yes, it works my friend!
    When i came game I was still having problems but improved after doing it.

• ossi78 (SKN1)ossi78 (SKN1) Posts: 33SKN1
    not just in fire fox , just when you  have win 10,

the ege is the on that  is running best for me right now, but  the lack when jumping betwin my castel :-((
  • Some of the attacks on the city of the alliance does not 
    appear in the trumpet there and not on the map and is 
    calculated by deducting the offense moves without
     ID that the city under threat of attack from any other
     player and hope to fix the problem as soon as possible

• Jezza (GB1)Jezza (GB1) Posts: 17GB1
    yep it worked for firefox thanks
    Jezza @ en 1
  • 1453fetih (TR1)1453fetih (TR1) Posts: 116TR1
    after the last time you updated the browser mozilla firefox we enter the game is also very much muscle and freezing. We're glad you're interested.

A*N*K*A

• FireFox fix worked! Thank You!
    Sundance5 @ usa 1
  • Hi,today we are merging to another alliance but now today I can't log in to game..cause when I go to the game page it keeps loading loading...please solve the problem..have to log in and many works to do please  :'( 
  • This looks like below picture..see

Sign In to comment.