Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Berimond Issues 08.10.16

ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834

Hi Everyone,

There are various reasons that the berimond event had to be ended early globally:

• The event had actually caused two servers to close temporarily (the polish and german servers), meaning players couldn’t login at all.

• Events can only be ended globally, so the event couldn’t have just been ended for the servers affected by the inability to login.

I’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the event ending early, and if anyone has any more questions, I’ll have a go at answering them if you post them below. There will also be a more detailed explanation coming later.

Additional Information:

Why did we have to end Berimond early?

With the last update we reworked the quest system which was designed to harmonize much better with all of the ingame events. Everything went fine and worked as intended but there was a special case where this optimization couldnt keep up with the Berimond mechanics. In this event you have quests about destroying another faction's tower. Once this was done, each player of a faction should have had this quest completed even if they didn't do it. At this point the server experienced a massively increased data load. The server tried to achieve this for thousands of players at the same time. The problem was only related to the questbook but it caused heavy problems to the server, which itself worked fine. The massive data load forced it to its knees, because a short-term solution couldnt be found at that point and to avoid further frustration and losses it was decided to go for a premature end of Berimond, for the sake of server perfomance. Since this is a global event it is not possible to just end the event on the affected servers. This is why it had to be done globally on all servers unfortunately.

What happens now?

The rankings have been saved for this event and this will be used to come up with an appropriate compensation package for all affected berimond players. The effort to take part in the Battle of Berimond will also be considered. On monday we will have more information for you about this.

I hope this extra information will help you to understand the situation a bit better!

More will come on monday :D

Angus
Post edited by CM Evoke on
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    so if you were in the top 50 you would receive the top 50 reward and the top 100? 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,088
    edited 08.10.2016
    Firstly. started a feast for beri ended up being for nothing Second. wasted over 1k mantlets on this now Beri comes only so often so there better be comp for all the effected players thats two screw ups now by gge 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 270
    Ang

People are going to need a lot more info and GGE are going to need to sort another comp pacckage. I have been building and about to start hitting when it went so a complete waste.

FI after a faulty alliance tourney was a stupid choice as well.

Thanks
    Cheryl
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Would troops in berimond still return?

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• When do we receive the rewards 

There should be some compensation too 2nd time this week this has happened
  • im just finished recruiting 1k beri troops.......................poof all gone ffss
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    mine have 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    Thanks gge :)
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 314
    So spending the first day as I do building my camp and armies up so that I can start work on the second and subsequent days has been something of a waste of time!  That's a kick in the teeth if ever there was one.

Come on GGS, you have to accept sooner or later the bugs are coming out thicker and faster than anything else. It's not exactly good for the game is it?  About time the main focus was directed to bug fixes before bringing out new features that will only bring with them yet more bugs.

Angus I do hope they listen to you more than they do to the rest of us because this is getting beyond a joke.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Kevwalk (GB1)Kevwalk (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    same old gge - another cock up - troops and tools returned - but wasted all sorts - gge should just jump out of a tall building
  • is seems to be normal to end the events before the official closing time.
    ridderarry @ nl 1 / kuzka77 @ spilgames int_1 server (Sword int)
  • Serna (GB1)Serna (GB1) GB1 Posts: 46
    This is getting ridicilous now .. One after another.. .. Its getting real close to throw the towel again .. Especially after this week one thing  after another. Of course  we  will get the  compensation but it only has been  running almost  24hrs  so  alot havent  achieved what they  usually  do.. ..

• Brilliant.. Yet again we are shafted.. nice one gge, you really know how to win people over.
    I don`t buy rubies i prefer diamonds.
    xx Princess xx
  • was doing a feast so lost food as well as everything else gge ned to sort these clitches out before putting them onto the server so it does not happen
  • i am focking done whit it i was going for the first place is have spend 200k Rubys 

i am so focking done whit it  
Sign In to comment.