We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Meanwhile at Goodgame Studios...

Bad news for many GGS employees, many of whom will be fired, according to several news sources and confirmed (in vague wordings, as we're used from them) by GGS management.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/goodgame-studios-restructure-could-see-up-to-100-jobs-cut/0223313
http://www.rivetnewsradio.com/share/569039

Some of the first to leave (yesterday/Friday) are the CMs of the German forum.
Because of that, the entire (unpaid) moderator team of the German forum are on strike.
The only remaining method for German players to contact GGS is the infamous Support.

For those who can read German (or know how to use Google Translate), the goodbye letter of the CMs and more news links can be found on the German forum.

Let's hope that the remaining CMs can stay and that the many fired empoyees will soon find another (better) job.
Wiglema (NL1)

Comments

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    Are thats not good news for ggs :* maybe they should put the ruby casts and coms up.
    so come on all you big ruby players spend more money to keep these employees in a job.

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) Posts: 2,506GB1
    edited 21.08.2016
    At least they can leave with knowing they did a very good job... *cough*
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 21.08.2016
    After years of GGS management screwing over players, their incompetence (which we have all been warning them of) has now resulted in the screwing over of their staff who have often had to put up with our anger, despite having very little say on how things are run.

Unfortunately, the management don't care. They've made their money. Absolute parasites.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,718
    declining revenues???  surely not what about all that priceless data?

Surely not a company that totally disrespects its customer base over and over again?

Surely not a company that always knows best no matter how much feedback it recieves to the contrary?

consistantly ignore your customers at your peril!!!!

whilst all products go through a life cycle you have massivley shortened the life of this product.  The problem is when you focus on short term objectives and use data that only follows very short term trends then you get a company that is sucessfull i the short term.  Never ignore common sense, and never ignore your customers.
  • TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 21.08.2016
    FocKsi` Unbelievable!
    httpiimgurcomwmRwdYBpng

It is amazing how enterprises in 21st Century commit some mistake as enterprises in 20th Century..

They start to earn cash.. then more and more cash..
    Now what do they do start to build big infrastructures, lots of good equip, and contract a lot of people.. then a lot of administrators full expenses paid or near.

There is this kind of "complex" that if in an enterprise there is  a lot of people working it is a big enterprise for sure.. And it will be a kind of one takes the chair, another one sits and other turns computer on..
    This excess of employees lead to communication between  sectors began to brake, and they start to lead different directions..
    That is complete panic cause income does not cover expenses..

If i am not mistaken Empire was their best browser game..
    What did they do: they just ruined it by only try to put things to take more money out of players.. and by doing it they just caused a massive number of bugs that they just lost control of it... they touch one thing, they simply ruin other.. is how things are now.. and a lot of workers touching game platform always lead to this.. big rotation is not good..

So they basically sit at the shadow of empire, and instead of innovating something different, they just create events there are basically shadow of one another only difference last try to be more harder to them get more income.. So just got to much repetitive!
    And they stop listen costumers: another big mistake cause were costumers that feed the machine!

Maybe the shameless cut out in food, due to the basic food item was a desperate move to change things..

As i understood only blue sector of building will be affected by this jobs cut out.. So guess the "talented" developers are to say.. maybe bug seekers out also, so bugs will here to stay unfortunately.
    Cause this last two weeks there was big difference in moderator`s behavior without them giving anything concrete to answer our questions..

Wish good luck the employers affected by this, for them to get on track again!
    Cause this was never their fault.. only management to blame...   .

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • hornby19 (GB1)hornby19 (GB1) Posts: 821GB1
    all i say is they better not pull the plug on empire...

All views are my own, and they are not related to my alliance in any way at all. You all got that?? 
  • edited 21.08.2016
    all i say is they better not pull the plug on empire...
    If they pulled the plug on a game it would be their useless excuses of big hits, more commonly known as Goodgame Gangster, Big Farm, Galaxy, Poker, Cafe, Fashion, Disco and Legends of Honour. God knows why they even made some of those games.
    Quit UK1. Now a full time tester!
    Midnight Zone (Test Server)

• because they thought that as empire did so well then more empires means more money 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    Roll on the day empire departs from this world. would be fun watching all the 
    massive ruby players faces when they tried logging in to accounts and it says
    this game is now no more.  :p

• quick someone get a secret camera in mikeshot's cardboard box with an internet connection so we can see his reaction 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • all i say is they better not pull the plug on empire...
    If they pulled the plug on a game it would be their useless excuses of big hits, more commonly known as Goodgame Gangster, Big Farm, Galaxy, Poker, Cafe, Fashion, Disco and Legends of Honour. God knows why they even made some of those games.
    I know i'm months late, but almost all of those games were my almost first strategygames to play (5 years ago), people do still like the games, try em out they are real fun if you like level-based arcade (kinda)
  • all i say is they better not pull the plug on empire...
    oh and btw those games already got the "plug pulled"
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    yeah, GGE is almost the only game that is still in development

BigFarm got the plug pulled right when an update was in the last phase of development. :cry:
    catbargif
    95% of  people on the internet have some kind of mental or personality disorder. Society is sick.

Neph's 3rd apology to the Misc
  • nice to see carma biteing gge in the a..
    dragonwing @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 726NL1

BigFarm got the plug pulled right when an update was in the last phase of development. :cry:
    ? in development?????   
    flug @ nl 1
  • slow....  death.... spiral....
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836

Hi @Graycat (US1)

Empire, Big Farm, and Empire: Four Kingdoms are all still being actively developed.

(Just to clear that up)

Also, I'd like to highlight this is a thread from over 6 months ago.

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 282US1
    lol
  • Thread necro!
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,718
    Interesting timing though seeing as currently there are another round of cuts / redundancies, happening right now.  Including the departure of the CEO, and the return of the games founders to take active control of the company again.

I dont know the exact numbers but i suspcet after this round of redundancies GGS will have lost approx half of all its employees since its peak.  Which is a shame thats a lot of people who's lives have been effected, by what amounts to poor decision making, from its senior team.

Sure it has re structured to concentrate on its core markets, which i think is smart. but truth is it needs to get its house in order and fast.  And the culture of excuses its bred for so many years, is going to be incredibally difficult to break.

Very very slow development times, appalling updates, Bugs all over the place.  And worst of all a total and utter lack of ability / desire to deal with in game cheats.  Will kill the game off.   Until the senior team grow a pair and say to its current team look x y z are unacceptable  sort it and sort it fast.  Then at best all the current restructure will do is delay the inevitable.  Until you address the core underlying problems all the window dressing in the world will not change a single thing.

I had hoped the massive shake up of 6 months ago, would have given them the incentive an impetus to do what needed to be done, but the truth is i have seen nothing at all, totaly zero to suggest it has learned or done a single thing in the last 6 months.   A shame,   but it is what it is deep down they know what needs to be done, but if they have the balls to do it is another question.
Sign In to comment.