Home Player Introductions

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A Departure, von Vier Jahre

Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
edited 03.03.2016 in Player Introductions

Hello, everyone. 

Today is the 3rd of March, 2016. Exactly four years ago, on the 3rd of March, 2012, I started playing Goodgame Empire. To me, it's felt like a decade. A time of brilliance and joy, sentiment and creation. A very long while.

And, damn, it's been a great time. An absolutely wonderful stretch of time, these past four years, but I fear that now that time is reaching its end at long last. Because it's not the game that kept me here, lurking on this old site for a quadrennium. It was the community, the brilliant plethora of threads and discussions, opinions and roleplay that set this place apart from so many others of its ilk.  

From then to now, I've had so much fun. As clichéd as it sounds, this is a place that shaped who I am today — a crazed, loud Australian with a taste for the dramatic. Through my youth and my formality, my raging and my laughter there has been one persistence in my personality; an undying love for this community, a flame that has burned for a quadrennium, but, nevertheless, a flame that has started to flicker and spark, to gutter and die, casting the embers of the blaze elsewhere.  

In my time here at Empire, I've seen change. Oh, so much change. I was been here before Berimond, before the Thorn King and before the kingdoms. I began playing this game in beta form, in youth as I was in mine. The world map was classy but simple, and the music with an overarching grandeur worthy of the medieval genre. There were sword brothers and tents for farmhouses, without fancy walls and equipment. International 1 was the go-to server, and places like United States 1 were only just beginning, while even the Australian server lacked mere inception. Alliances rose and fell like castles of sand, destined to crumble under the strain of time. 

In my first year of play, I founded the Dragon Allies, a small alliance that grew into the head of a small family. Soon, it too grew, and under the pressure of politics, warfare and real life . . . It fell, like so many others. In my second year, I left the game for a short while. I returned soon after, to find the game and community vastly changed. The Hanging Noose remained, and, as such, so did I. The Dragon Allies was refounded for a short while, but this was a concept that quickly fell through. In the latter half of 2013, a a group of users, including myself, seemingly overtook the Entertainment & Fun section, to a truly massive extent. Our activity and our discussion, our roleplay and our spam, ensured that the "irrelevant" sections of the forum did not go unnoticed. Throughout 2014, the sheer amount of posts we produced was unprecedented, and the Hanging Noose grew exceptionally fast, ending at the 607 pages of today. Towards the end of 2014, we decided that our small community would be best suited to a website of its own, a place reserved for the insanity, craziness and madness that occurred over the years. At the very end of 2014, we departed from this place, migrating to our own, still active today. In 2015, our posts decreased quite substantially, and by the time of the forum migration, we had almost ceased posting entirely. This was the mark of our full departure from Empire, and, while I do not regret it, it still saddens me.

While I would like to claim my independence and self-righteousness over these past four years, that would be an outright lie, as well as an insult to the people who assisted me in my time here, the wonderful people who put up with my formality, my rants and my long, sentimental speeches. The following list is the numerous amount of people, brilliant people, who put me where I am today.

It was people like AmazingMaya and Corrupted Code, mokeyam, Shrock and AlphaHawk. Jade and Dun Gon, Avalon, King_of_Kings, Abhiyon and JonBeserk7. LukeWarrior, Matt and Final Killer, Eric and ThornPrickley. It was the moderators and community managers of this place, the patient and impatient people having to put up with antics such as mine for so long. It was Grace and Aidan, Neamhain and Sarah, Tito, Tux, Lance and all the rest. It's been four years of conversations, so there's bound to be at least a few damnably wonderful people that I've forgotten, and, it you're one of 'em, I am deeply sorry. Regardless, these people, both mentioned and unspoken, are the people who talked, who inspired writing and roleplay, and served under the whims of a rather dictatorial youth. These are the people who taught me things I'll never forget — like how to write in white using BBCode. Thanks, Jade.

I shall not depart forever, not entirely. I shall still return irregular intervals, to see what has become of this place in my absences. What has changed, and what has not. If one wishes to contact me for any unimaginable reason, one can always send me a message on these good ol' forums.

Oh, it has been a great time. Perhaps even the best. But, now, that time is ending. The flame of interest, the torch that illuminated the community I once clung to so fervently, has begun to fail, so I shall leave. To summarise four wonderful years into one, singular word . . . It's been brilliant. Absolutely wonderful, superb, laughable, saddening, angering and exciting, but so preposterously brilliant. I thank you, everyone, not only for reading this gargantuan post, but for reading every other post I ever put in front of you without so much as a groan or a complaint. 

Thank you, for these past four years.

And now, I shall bid you all adieu, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and farewell.

* Sips at his coffee, Cyclone-Style *

— Cyclone14

Post edited by Cyclone14 (INT1) on
The Completely Insane,
Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!

Comments

• CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Farewell, Cyclone! It's been a pleasure :)

Thanks for all your fun content on the Forums. I'm sure all of the other roleplay fanatics around here would have been lost without you!

All the best in your future endeavors,

Steve.
  • millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,509
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    Goodbye and good luck my friend

Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • I remember you from when i played on my old account. Goodbye and have fun in all the rest you will do. :)
    iStephy - International 1
    United Titans

■ · □ ╳ □ · ■

• Oh, the gifs!

Auf Wiedersehen, my old friend! I shall see you again on the other side when my time has come- Wait.

Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • wert855 (IN1)wert855 (IN1) Posts: 758
    edited 23.03.2016
    bye insane or sane or both haahaha
    cyclone ur the best best than ray billy etc
    please if u can help check out my thread in player intros
    and tell me the cyclone coffee recipe

WERT855 THE PRIME
    INDIA1

Now a General of Illuminati :)
    Last Rubies brought : Somewhere in July or August 2015
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Gandhi
    "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody." -Mother Teresa
  • Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    Goodbye Cyclone :smiley: 

As another member of the older players that pop in again from time to time at irregular intervals, I bid you farewell. It has been great playing with you and alongside you for so many years. You were one of the few who have outmatched my longevity in the game and far outmatched my dedication to this community. Through ups and downs, we have played alongside each other, never once fighting one another. We have played in the same alliance, changed servers to play together, created a multi-server coalition and best of all, kept in touch via forums, chatzy, in-game or skype during our multiple years in this game. You will be sorely missed by the community of Goodgame Empire, and I hope we can keep in touch and talk again now and in the future :smiley: 

-Dun Gon 
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
Sign In to comment.