Home US Migration Content - Community

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Jousting HQ

Requirements to Play: Two or more players, war tools and troops, and a written agreement (advisably submitted to the public) between the players detailing the rules/regulations of the joust. 

The Purpose: To play an exciting game without the pressures and stresses of war.

Basics: In this game you set up a "Jousting mach" (a staged war between two or more players that have agreed to each others terms and conditions) then you attack each other with the goals of:
a) learning from experience
b) gaining  loot
c) gaining XP points
d) gaining honor/glory
e) to have a good time
f) to settle a personal score that doesn't involve your alliance
g) any other personal reason

Rules of Engagement: You must agree with your jousting partner before beginning the joust, breaking of these conditions can lead to any punishment that the other player(s) sees fit. The two or more players competing in the joust agree on the terms of the joust on this thread or in the game through PM.

Everything else is self operated in this game, the details are made up by the two or more people jousting in the game and are followed throughout the joust until one of the players stops, becomes unable to joust, or calls foul play on another player. 

Good luck to everyone, and may the better man or woman win!

Image result for jousting

~"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."~

~NL~

Comments

• Correct

~NL~

• I am open for jousting once foreigners leave,

My conditions: No attacks on other alliance members
                          No Outpost attacks

I haven't got any RV's, so those are out of the question, and be sure too turn off your auto war and tell your alliance so we don't accidentally start a war. :smile: 

~NL~

• Alright, terms and conditions?

~NL~

• Nope, alright, the Joust shall commence when the foreigners leave. 

~NL~

• agreed

~NL~

• I am open for jousting once foreigners leave,

My conditions: No attacks on other alliance members
                          No Outpost attacks

I haven't got any RV's, so those are out of the question, and be sure too turn off your auto war and tell your alliance so we don't accidentally start a war. :smile: 
    Just a friendly recapitulation, I'll verify Terms and conditions so that there are no misunderstandings. :smile: 

No attacks on other alliance members (I should have said "No alliance member intervention" too)
    No attacks on OP's
    No auto war

Once again, RV's are out of the question.

Thanks, this has been submitted for YOUR approval!

~NL~

• fair enough, alright, scratch out the "No OP's" rule.

~NL~

•  LOL :)

No, it's GGE, but close enough! :smile: 

~NL~

• Within one our i think, depends on the thread, the time of day, what day, and the people on the thread, but I think that the quickest time we have done it in is about an hour, not that I have timed it. All you need to do is post one pony pic and suddenly the whole world falls apart, would take about an hour for all relevant posts to be buried beneath yet another heated debate about your pony pics. Than I just jump on in cause, ya know, what the heck, why not?  :) Than I post some confusing philosophy that would probably make Beorn proud and then the thread is split into thee shifting portions, the people getting on your case for the ponies, me trying to explain my philosophy to people that clearly don't understand half the words that come out of my mouth, and the people trying to keep the thread on topic. (The people trying to keep it on topic always have the smallest portion!)  

~NL~

• Happy trails to you too!  :D

~NL~

• The Forum Joust Club (FJC) is for entertainment purposes only, it is not intended as a method of revenge, or war, those ordeals are too be settles in game r on personal threads. 

The first official FJC match shall take place following the retreat of the foreigners, and will end following the return of the foreigners. . .

Cormyria                                                                                                                                               Noble Leone
                                                                                        V.S.
    The White Wolf of Winter War                                                                                            The Ruby Lion of Nobility

Image result for lion v wolf

Rules: 
    No alliance member intervention
    (No support from other alliance members and no attacking other alliance members)
    No RV attacks
    No auto war
    No attacks before or after the Joust

Foul play has credibility for the Joust to be stopped, the "victim" has to provide proof of the foul play, and if the proof is approved, then the "victim" is able to "sentence" the foul player for their crimes, within reasonable boundaries, and the sentence will have to be approved by the forum Jousters before being put to use.

Foul Play: In the (FJC), foul play is when the agreed upon rules of the joust are broken by one of the players, if they both break the rules, than it is out of the hands of the FJC, and will instead be settled privately between the two players.

Standard FJC rules state that screenshots must be taken of the victorious battle reports and posted on all FJC threads. 

The Joust ends when one of the players is unable to joust, the joust time limit is complete, or one of the players calls foul play and proves their credibility to the Forums.

There will be no trash talking between the jousters and/or their supporters, only credentials (screenshots).

Good luck to the jousters, and may the odds, ever be in your favor!

~NL~

• Unfortunately, due to recent developments and the banning of Cormyria, the Joust has been temporarily canceled. 

~NL~

• Cormyria (US1)Cormyria (US1) Posts: 1,807
    edited 13.01.2016
    Unfortunately, due to recent developments and the banning of Cormyria, the Joust has been temporarily canceled. 

your demands I be returned WORKED and CM POPEYE brought me back to life .... so we can rebuild the FORUMS once more and go back to having fun and writing stories now .... I WANT to take this moment and thank you NOBLE for fighting for my voice when I had no voice to fight with ... your words got results and now I know you are truly my friend and ally no matter what may come our way we shall overcome with the powers of friendship and determination .....

"Not dead which eternal lie through stranger eons DEATH MAY DIE"....beckon the call....
      If PEACE is not your OBJECTIVE there is NO REASON to go to WAR ...

NOW SERVING  up TWO FISTS full of JUSTICE ..... @ Five Points Congregate ....

• Your welcome Cormyria, it was the least I could do!

~NL~

Your welcome Cormyria, it was the least I could do!

Well again thank you noble and everyone else who showed your support for me in my momentary absence it really warms my heart to know I at least made some of you laugh even if I made so many others so inanely frustrated with me and all my little ponies ..... ponies? they really don't like ponies ? who doesn't like ponies ?? LOL :)

"Not dead which eternal lie through stranger eons DEATH MAY DIE"....beckon the call....

• That gives me an idea! Maybe we should ask them why they don't like ponies.

Just a thought.

~NL~

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    I don't want to steal your idea, but the other day this got me thinking about taking it further, and proposing a game mechanic for solo-on-solo jousts as something to officially do in game.

If you think it's stupid, I'll just take it to the suggestions section and see how it fares.  Or you can if you want, if you think it has merit.  Any ideas?  My thoughts were:

Two parties want to do a personal challenge, one submits the challenge to the other, and the other has to accept it.  Once that's done, there's a mandatory waiting period of 24 hours.  When that 24 hour waiting period is up, those two players get a personal bird that lasts for 12 hours, during which nobody else other than the two of you can hit you or support you (except your rvs like a normal bird situation).

You cannot pop gates anywhere during this time.  You knock each other's castles and outposts around as much as you can.  The game tallies how many successful defeats or troops are killed between the two of you, and the winner gets a bonus of 50,000 coin, 30,000 additional glory, and 2 random level 5 gems.  The loser gets 25,000 coin and 15,000 glory.  To keep it somewhat special and prevent people from taking advantage by using it as free protection, or free glory etc., it can only be done once per week.

Anyway, had fun thinking about it.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • I don't want to steal your idea, but the other day this got me thinking about taking it further, and proposing a game mechanic for solo-on-solo jousts as something to officially do in game.

If you think it's stupid, I'll just take it to the suggestions section and see how it fares.  Or you can if you want, if you think it has merit.  Any ideas?  My thoughts were:

Two parties want to do a personal challenge, one submits the challenge to the other, and the other has to accept it.  Once that's done, there's a mandatory waiting period of 24 hours.  When that 24 hour waiting period is up, those two players get a personal bird that lasts for 12 hours, during which nobody else other than the two of you can hit you or support you (except your rvs like a normal bird situation).

You cannot pop gates anywhere during this time.  You knock each other's castles and outposts around as much as you can.  The game tallies how many successful defeats or troops are killed between the two of you, and the winner gets a bonus of 50,000 coin, 30,000 additional glory, and 2 random level 5 gems.  The loser gets 25,000 coin and 15,000 glory.  To keep it somewhat special and prevent people from taking advantage by using it as free protection, or free glory etc., it can only be done once per week.

Anyway, had fun thinking about it.
    I like the idea, it sounds a bit like a 1v1 version of Berimond, but a bit more advanced, since it was your Idea, you should be the one to showcase it on the suggestion section, not me or anyone else.

~NL~

edited 14.01.2016
    that is what we are trying to do in this "jousting arena" just without over thinking I guess as you know MANATEE I tend to favor PVP and we are trying to encourage public participation here as well mostly to increase immersion on FORUM by correlating with the game lore  .... I am just tired of everyone getting upset about the burn when my troops land ( and calling in a high level hit to compensate or "warning" my PM to death and despair ) I do not like "farming"  and I really like posting battle reports on FORUM for every one of my PVP match victories for public review ......

• Well, yes it is basically the same, but with a few add ons, for instance it gives you an automatic reward added to the loot and glory you earned from the attacks themselves, and the lvl 5 gems.

So, since you have been brought back to the forums Cormyria, when would you like to set up our Jousting match?

~NL~

Sign In to comment.