Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Mercenary post missing.

perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
edited 18.11.2015 in Technical Assistance
Alright. I've had enough dealing with support on this issue. This will be a long post because I am putting everything out there. Clearly support is not willing to assist me with this issue, and I have seen a couple posts about this but nobody has provided evidence, and they mostly get responses from people that think they just aren't looking hard enough.

Hopefully a CM takes the time to review this unfair treatment. 

For 3 months I have been playing on AUS1. I have not had a mercenary post there this entire time. At first I thought it was just a difference between the servers, like maybe nobody had it, but then someone in my alliance mentioned using it. I then asked others and found out that everybody I asked has one. So at this point I determined it must be a bug and I contacted support. 

Personally I think it's a bug relating to people that play multiple servers, and that they don't actually know what's wrong. Silly that they think they can't compensate me. They could give me tools or troops or lucky coins, but they won't because there is no way that someone who logs in for 69 days straight would take advantage of the mercenary post and see those tasks, right? 

I know it's 69 days straight because, like I said, I've had the other log-in rewards for months. 

http://prntscr.com/94544n

Does anyone think that they are handling this fairly? Am I just complaining about nothing? Let me know what you think. I'm posting this because after patiently dealing with support since the end of August I am not receiving any help with this obvious disadvantage. After 3 months of "testing" they haven't learned anything? Yet they released a different style of map, and how many patches in that time? New events, new NC contest, oh, and the mercenary post update that I cannot enjoy. The new Samurai event, I mean, seriously, am I wrong in being upset with support for not handling this in a timely fashion? 

Originally I was going to try and chargeback and risk ban, but the problem is not with what I pay for. I get everything I pay for, and I have no complaints about what I PAY for, but apparently since I spend so much money on the game. Screw me, I don't need free tools. Seems fair, and totally not a disadvantage at all. Right? Yeah, right. 
Post edited by CM Arcanine on
perryl @ USA1 
Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.

Comments

• TL;DR

But I know you ain't supposed to post support replies
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Hey perryl,

I've removed your screenshots, as Dolph said, conversations between you and support can't be posted on the forums.

It's exactly how the Support Team clarified it though, there is no bug here, it's actually a test that has been going on for a little while now. I know that it sucks if you don't have access to the mercenary post right now, but it will return once the test is over, and we need to do these sorts of tests to see how the feature is used/could be adapted.

Best regards,

Steve.
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    What information can possibly be gained by removing the mercenary post from some players at random? 

So it randomly appearing is not an error relating to this "test"? Surely when it appears and is unable to be used is relevant to the testing, right? Or is it supposed to randomly appear just to taunt me? 

The only thing I can see being tested here is "how many players will complain if they don't have it?". 

Sorry I wasn't aware we're not allowed to post that information, but there appears to be no other way to escalate this than to take it to forums. If you're going to claim it is not a bug then please, explain to me what information you expect to gather about my use by it not being available to me at all? 

Currently how it is used is completely in your control, if you take away the mercenary post I cannot use it, what does this "test" prove to you about usage? It only proves that if you take it away from me I cannot have it, but surely that's obvious, right?
    It could be adapted for use by allowing me to use it in the first place. I am very happy with the mercenary post update on USA, and it has been a very noticeable loss to me on AUS.

This puts me at a disadvantage because of all of the players that do have it. Can you explain to me why it has taken 3 months to test how I use a feature that I do not have access to? Surely by now you have done enough testing with my account to move on to somebody else's account? 

It "sucks" is one way to put it, and I'm glad you can acknowledge that it "sucks". Can you acknowledge that it is a disadvantage for me that has been put in place by the developers for a "test" that has taken longer than dozens of new features? Including the update to this specific feature that they are apparently still "testing"? 
    perryl @ USA1 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Calm down son, its only a game....jesus.
  • this is with me too,my ally members say that we will get iton level 43
    this is with me too,my ally members say that we will get iton level 43
    They are incorrect. It's supposed to be available around level 5 or so, but even if we were to take that under consideration I am level 70 on both servers. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • you'll likely get it when the so called test is over :)
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    Hey perryl,

Sorry, but like Dolph has said above, the feature will return once the test is over. I can't give you a confirmed date on that yet, but once the team has the results they need, we'll reactivate the Mercenary Post for everyone.

Regards,

Steve.
    you'll likely get it when the so called test is over :)
    No kidding, but after three months of waiting for this so-called test, I'm posting about it. It's not like I haven't been patiently waiting, the screenshots that were removed showed my patience. One month between each ticket. Surely it doesn't take three months to test something that works. lol

Don't you remember the recent update to the mercenary post? Yet they still need to test it by removing it from some players, lol. I am a game developer myself, and I know for sure. 100% without a doubt. If I remove a feature from a player then they cannot use that feature. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    Hey perryl,

Sorry, but like Dolph has said above, the feature will return once the test is over. I can't give you a confirmed date on that yet, but once the team has the results they need, we'll reactivate the Mercenary Post for everyone.

Regards,

Steve.
    Three months is long enough. It cannot possibly take three months to gather data on how someone uses something they have no access to. 

You completely ignored my questions about the test, this test seems like an excuse, as there is nothing for you to test by removing it from someone. Aside from how much they will complain about not having it. 

There have been many new features added. This test is not a priority, obviously, but it is removing a basic feature from me that nearly all other players have access to. This is a handicap for me and any other player that does not have the mercenary post. 

I want to hear from an admin or someone from the development team then. I want to know how long it is going to take for them to re-activate my mercenary post. I've spent thousands of dollars on this game, they can find two minutes to tell me why I shouldn't stop. 

I'll be on strike until you re-activate my mercenary post, or until someone aside from free-help responds to me. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • "I'll be on strike until you re-activate my mercenary post" 

Yeah, good luck with that haha

Seriously mate, its just one feature in a free game. No one forces you to spend money to play it, and no one forces you to sound so butt hurt over this.
    edited 19.11.2015
    Thanks, it's not much, but a few hundred dollars a month saved for other things works for me. It's close to Christmas anyways. 

Yes, it's just one feature, absolutely, but it's a very valuable feature. Especially if you want to play this game as a "free game". This game is not a "free game", it's a "free to play" game, but it's not a "free game". There is quite a difference. Games like this depend on micro-transactions to keep whales spending. I run one, I know. 

You're right, nobody is forcing me to spend money, that's my choice, and I choose not to if they're going to remove free features from me. Also, the game only exists because people like myself will spend money on it. 

I'm angry, and justifiably so. I have spoken to many people about this and every single one agrees that I have a right to be angry about this. Like you said, it's a feature in a "free game". Without this feature a person who does not buy rubies is seriously affected, no? I just buy tools, troops, lucky coins, etc. So it doesn't effect me as badly as it does people without the ability to buy these things. I have had to spend extra money - without a doubt - because of not having this feature in this "free game". 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  •  Dolph...he's withdrawing the only support he gives the game as a means of  showing his dissatisfaction with their customer support.  Cut him some slack... even if you think it won't work.
    I'm not sure I'd still be playing in his position.
    modnarton @ en 1
  • Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    edited 19.11.2015
    Steve, shut up.

And quit removing my posts, won't you?

You're a liar, and you know it.
    A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

• Haha smooth move, poking the bear....well played :tongue: 
  • Hey Guys
    What he says is right, except he is a ruby buyer and I am not, this puts me in more of a disadvantage because I cannot get any wishing well coins and all that Jazz that would be really helpful, it has been going on more than 3 months I've been playing for roughly 4 months and am level 43. I manage without it but still feel the loss, especially when it appears on my screen but cannot be used. I do not understand what knowledge that you could possibly gain from these tests, and why the tests have to last so long.
    Please call me Foxy anything else and your head will find itself unattached to your body.
    I am a level 70.
    The 'head' recruiter of DARK and DEADLY (don't ask)
    Non-Ruby buyer, sometimes proud, sometimes not.
    My top Glory title is the Victorious.
    My top Berimond title is Guardian of the Sword.
    I have been top 50 for level 70 in Berimond twice so far.
    I have completed the Underworld at normal level.
    My recent loot was somewhere in the 3 million area.
    Not that impressive but, that is me.

"BRING ME HIS HEAD!"
    JOFFREY BARATHEON
  • is it really considered a loss if its something you didn't have?

"You can't lose what you never had"
    Hey Guys
    What he says is right, except he is a ruby buyer and I am not, this puts me in more of a disadvantage because I cannot get any wishing well coins and all that Jazz that would be really helpful, it has been going on more than 3 months I've been playing for roughly 4 months and am level 43. I manage without it but still feel the loss, especially when it appears on my screen but cannot be used. I do not understand what knowledge that you could possibly gain from these tests, and why the tests have to last so long.
    Do you play on more than one server? I'm curious if that has anything to do with it. 

This is exactly it though, I can just buy more tools, not as big of a deal as it is for those who are playing this FTP game as a "free game". 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    is it really considered a loss if its something you didn't have?

"You can't lose what you never had"
    Absolutely. It's a loss of revenues that is outside of our control. It's a loss of access to a feature that most other people have access to. A feature that provides multiple different items that are otherwise only available by spending rubies. Every time I have to spend rubies on a tool I'm buying a tool I could have gotten for gold from the mercenary post. We cannot get lucky coins without buying rubies and getting them in a deal, but other people can earn 2k rubies every few days by watching their mercenary post and investing a mere 75k gold. That's two Samurai Camps... well, 2 and a quarter. 

So yes, yes it is a "loss", even if we never had access to the feature in the first place. This is a standard in-game feature that is available as a basic game mechanic. It's like having a wheel of fortune, selling me tickets, but not allowing me to play the wheel. It's like selling me the lucky coins but not giving me access to the wishing well. My wishing well is level 10 - on both servers, btw, and one of the reasons I have a level 10 wishing well is because of how often I can get a lucky coin from the Mercenary post, assuming I actually had it on both servers that is. 

So yes, yes it is a loss. 
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.
    Tell me. If your test has removed the post from players. Why does it randomly appear? 

Didn't do anything, it just popped up. Unusable, doesn't even have a reset timer. 

http://prntscr.com/952zc3

After refresh it is gone again. 

http://prntscr.com/953090

You wonder why I don't believe this is a test. This has all of the conditions of a bug.
    perryl @ USA1 

2020 - Not dead yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file