Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Shady Lady Has Issues

I get that she's shady, but I can't be the only one who has noticed Shady Lady's target suggestions are almost always totally unappealing.

For a while, she was telling me to attack players 15 levels below me (not going to happen), now she's asking me to attack lvl 70s from 60-member alliances for a pittance of 10K coins--the same amount I could get attacking a barbarian fortress at zero risk.

I can't remember the last time I took her up on any offer, they're always so completely absurd and out of touch with the way 90% of the server plays the game.

Malorie Knox @ usa 1

Comments

• it depends on where you are, and what the levels of others around you are.

on 1 of my old accounts i was in an area with almost no one near by, and then only a fraction of those people were close to my level. by the time i was on my 8th target, i was going almost 100 miles away from my castle to hit them. on my current account, i hit a good 8-10 people all within 40 miles of me.

shady lady does not look at things like who their alliance members are or what fairplay rules they go by. all shady lady does is look for people within X number of levels from you, and give that as your target. to the shady lady, hitting a 1 man alliance is just as fair as hitting a 65 man alliance with 12 subs. hitting someone 15 levels below is just the same as hitting 15 levels above.

shady operates on how the game is BUILT, not how players adjust it to fit their own needs. if you play the game like your supposed to and ignore fairplay rules, then it all seems a lot more fair
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • Malorie Knox (US1)Malorie Knox (US1) US1 Posts: 196
    edited 20.10.2015
    it depends on where you are, and what the levels of others around you are.

on 1 of my old accounts i was in an area with almost no one near by, and then only a fraction of those people were close to my level. by the time i was on my 8th target, i was going almost 100 miles away from my castle to hit them. on my current account, i hit a good 8-10 people all within 40 miles of me.

shady lady does not look at things like who their alliance members are or what fairplay rules they go by. all shady lady does is look for people within X number of levels from you, and give that as your target. to the shady lady, hitting a 1 man alliance is just as fair as hitting a 65 man alliance with 12 subs. hitting someone 15 levels below is just the same as hitting 15 levels above.

shady operates on how the game is BUILT, not how players adjust it to fit their own needs. if you play the game like your supposed to and ignore fairplay rules, then it all seems a lot more fair
    I get the gist of how she functions--the basic algorithms and all that, but different targets carry different reward values, so it is gauging those values on something. 

I guess I was just surprised at the lack of value for that lvl 70 target, considering the risk (and not just because of the size of the alliance, though that was a factor for me).  I wonder what the event tops out at, payout-wise?  Maybe there's room for improvement there?  That's a question for developers and what they know their platform to be capable of.

I'm just surprised anyone plays that event, all things considered.   I would need to see changes to find it appealing at all, I guess.  That's my point.

Malorie Knox @ usa 1
  • i believe that pay is based on how many missions you complete. whenever i bother paying attention, it looks like you make more after completing each mission, no matter what the target
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • pops45 (US1)pops45 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    STOP THE DAM SHADY LADY MISSIONS! All these missions are doing is hurting the little alliances. The big alliances are using them as a excuse to attack and plunder the little alliances. 
  • i believe that pay is based on how many missions you complete. whenever i bother paying attention, it looks like you make more after completing each mission, no matter what the target
    That may be true as well, but (at least the last time I looked), different targets have different values as you scroll through them. I always assumed it was based on estimation of difficulty of the mission as best the game could assess it. 

At any rate, $10K seems low if that's where it tops out, given the risks for the "middle class" of players. 
    Malorie Knox @ usa 1
    It might also be that once you get to a certain level, there really is only one level of difficulty, so you might see something different from what I do. 
    Malorie Knox @ usa 1
  • Used to happen to me now its me who does it to others....

*Sends a sorry to Imperium*  You get a bit bored of shady after a while hoever Shady Lady made me do it....  I swears it. 
  • @CM Arcanine  You might want to suggest to the team at GGS to change shady into a newer version mayeb (with 100k coins and 500 rubies per attack).
    Wilson Wang @ au 1
  • Or better still, stop the Shady Lady Missions altogether. It hurts more than reward most players in all servers.
    What i am saying is, I can take care of myself if I get mass attacked because I attacked a shady target. But what about weaker players? Can they defend or take care of themselves?... I guess not. because the powerful alliances will just mass attack them and loot resources and bring them so low that they will be discouraged to play them game at all... So sad :(
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    I just went with a no rules philosophy in shady and completed the achievement. Now I'm never going to do it again because it's not fair.

I'm level 70/200 with 5 waves and I get targets that are as low as level 52. A lot of the time the person being attacked is already burning too.

The event needs to give a cooldown timer to castles that have already been hit during Shady. It wouldn't be hard to make it so that "if shady event has assigned user as target remove user from target list for x hours". I bet that they could even make it so that fires would need to be put out before it would add you back to the target list. They should also expand the distance to 100 miles. Increasing the gold and rubies would be nice too, but the main changes needed are to the algorithm that picks targets for you. It needs to be a little smarter is all. There should be a difference between level 70/1 and level 70/200 and level 70/550. The system should reflect that. Not handing you targets that have just entered legendary levels when you've already completed your hall.
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • My feelings on the Shady Lady event is that it is outdated and a little pointless. It's an event which crops up every now and then and doesn't really add much value to the game in my opinion. It's quite clear that GGS are intending to stir up tensions by encouraging players to hit their neighbours and even try and get more people participating via the nobility contests. You can actually tell by looking at the nobility contests that no one really bothers anyway.

Whether or not the Shady Lady fits in with fair play rules is a bit of a moot point because GGS have never and will never acknowledge player-made rules. That said, I do believe the event either needs to be reworked or removed entirely. If they are to rework it, then don't base it on distance. Assign random players of similar level/power from all over the map (excluding pacts and NAAs as normal) and give better rewards for it. Otherwise drop the event. Most decent players aren't even bothered anyway and see the event as a bit "nooby".

Chris2307 @ en 1
  • I can think of one thing that might help player like me. They should add a special gate option for a few rubies that you can open or close as you chose. That way you can at least abandon your castle and open the gates when the Shady Lady is in play. The last 4 times the Shady Lady has been in play I have been totally wiped out. I build back just in time for the next Shady Lady appearance and get wiped out again. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    I can think of one thing that might help player like me. They should add a special gate option for a few rubies that you can open or close as you chose. That way you can at least abandon your castle and open the gates when the Shady Lady is in play. The last 4 times the Shady Lady has been in play I have been totally wiped out. I build back just in time for the next Shady Lady appearance and get wiped out again. 
    You also might invest in some tools on your wall..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file