Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Goodgame Greed

I have played this game for years. That's a depressing thought. I got into Fire Peaks even, but I quit. Now, I have got back into it, and am a level 30. Also, I have again became active on the forums. Some of you may even remember me.

But this game, well, just greed greed greed. I am bombarded by specials, in this entire play through I do not think I have once had none. I have been annoyed at them taking up so much space.

I am annoyed that events are here 24/7. Half the time there are Mongols, on my server right now I think there is Berimond (Still rare, thankfully) and foreign invasion.

I am annoyed that I am next to a big alliance, whose members can happily club me to death, while if I attack any of them, every single one of my attacks failed. Because they drew up so much support.

I am annoyed that I get stomped by ruby players on a regular basis. I am annoyed that there are so many premium units. Demon Horror and the other one (I forget the name) were very OP. Also, even the best defensive units are awful compared to these. It is like saying "Here, use this. It requires no skill to go and rolfstomp people."

I also think that attack is so overpowered so that ruby troops will die to other ruby troops. Thus, people would buy more.

Yes, ruby players should get something. But not the right to club anyone who doesn't pay $1000 a week.

This greed thing is losing much of it's appeal top Warthunder.

Warthunder, is also Free To Play, but not Pay To Win. In it, you start out with some planes. You can get points to go towards more planes of your choosing. Since this is a slow process, you can pay to speed it up immensely.

Also, the pictures are getting worse and worse. I miss the old music, and this new castle configuration has been a kick in the gut for me. I hate these new pictures. Before, long ago, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth and this game was fun, castles looked like castles. Not these stone houses.

The old music was awsome.

I am about to quit.
NoblemanJames @ au 1
NON RUBY BUYER
  Mr peasant, you are right, the archetect is silly, letting rain and snow fall off the roof into the chimney.

Comments

• furture (US1)furture (US1) Posts: 937
    edited 19.09.2015
    so true. i used to play on a different account as well, and i remember a time when ruby offers came a couple times a day max, and then there would just be.... no offers!!! for hours at a time even!

i remember when GGE added updates to make the game more interesting, like capitals and metros and towers (even if the KT one did kinda end up being a big fail), instead of having every new update be a chance for people to throw more cash at the game "new wheel of fortune, nomads every other week, foreign lords during the nomads break, nobility contests now being pay to win events"

GGS doesnt like marketing and attracting new players, they just settle for sucking the current ones dry then trying to bring in a few more every once in a while to refreshen the livestock

even the graphics updates suck. i belive this was the 3rd-4th time i have seen it happen, and each time i cant help but think "wow that looks like crap, what happened to that amazing old design?"

its like taking someones natural face and then doing so many plastic surgeries your face starts to look... well... plastic. some people turn the graphics on poor so that they get reduced lag. i do it just cause i think it looks better and closer to the old version.
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    The ruby offers are just so that people who are looking for different extras that the offers give can have a choice as to which one they get. Not everyone would want ruby troops with their offer, many level 20 and 30 players or level 70s who are still building during the architect would want the wood/stone and skip times.

• Rajan37 (IN1)Rajan37 (IN1) Posts: 5,838
    I am about to quit.
    Great.
    Atleast one person other than me has realised how boring this game has become.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
    I am about to quit.
    Great.
    The game's not boring.

If you have more time than goodgame can take up playing it, then you can always start an account on another server too. :)
    I am about to quit.
    Great.
    The game's not boring.

If you have more time than goodgame can take up playing it, then you can always start an account on another server too. :)
    It is boring.

You just haven't realised it yet.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
    It is boring.

Then you weren't in an active alliance...
  • It does get boring. My old account became a chore really.
    NoblemanJames @ au 1
    NON RUBY BUYER
      Mr peasant, you are right, the archetect is silly, letting rain and snow fall off the roof into the chimney.
    It is boring.

Then you weren't in an active alliance...
    My alliance was the fourth most powerful alliance on the server when I quit.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    Rajan37 (IN1) said:
    I am about to quit.
    Great.
    The game's not boring.

It is boring.

Everyone goes through that phase, I.have left  twice and came back either due to forums or my situation ... you will get up after a few months :wink: and then leave again :tongue: 
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
    Rajan37 (IN1) said:
    I am about to quit.
    Great.
    The game's not boring.

It is boring.

Everyone goes through that phase, I.have left  twice and came back either due to forums or my situation ... you will get up after a few months :wink: and then leave again :tongue: 
    Maybe.
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • mns3 (US1)mns3 (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    It you are getting attacked by those high levels just relocate you castle somewhere.
    mns3 @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file