Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Merc Post: Upgrade or Nerf?

007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
Since this unannounced update was sprung on us, I have been patiently waiting for a lucky penny, and haven't found one. I can deal. Statistics say it will happen eventually.

But what is more concerning is the near-absolute lack of ruby troops and tools. I can no longer find Sands village defence troops or armorer tools in the merc post, both of which I bought whenever avaliable to fill my walls. And the ruby tools that I do see are more rare than they used to be. I have access to Vet barracks 1-3, but instead, I am seeing outdated barracks 4-5 troops. I am seeing ordinary EQ. What?!? Resources now appear in even 250's or 500's etc., which indicates some of the random selection has been taken out.

So I ask you, is this really what we want from merc post? Ordinary EQ? Outdated troops? Res tools only? Tiny chance for a lucky penny? (bout the only credit I can find)
Post edited by 007Ben2 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
007Ben2 wrote: »
Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.

Comments

• hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 21.08.2015
    Personally i find this update great, got 2 pennies so far , armourer tools in quite decent quantities etc. Maybe see how you feel after a few more weeks.
    hamsters1 @ en 1
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,796
    edited 21.08.2015
    http://prntscr.com/87ajcp what i currently got
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • MontyC (GB1)MontyC (GB1) Posts: 30
    edited 21.08.2015
    It's great for me, I can almost always have VIP time as the majority of my missions offer 1 hour.

Also had 2 lucky pennies (one I bought, one I didn't), lots of ruby tools etc.
    MontyC @ en 1
  • Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 21.08.2015
    http://prntscr.com/87b8by

You're right, except for the lucky penny it got worse. There are more Premium Times now, and skips. Just waiting for pennies :(
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,134
    edited 21.08.2015
    Well i have had 6 lucky pennies so far , the thing i notice most is the food not much they offer
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 897
    edited 21.08.2015
    I'd say keep the new system. Just be patient, a lucky penny will find you soon.
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 21.08.2015
    I'd say keep the new system. Just be patient, a lucky penny will find you soon.

I understand as I posted in the first paragraph. Statistics are on my side. But the emphasis is on the second paragraph. Maybe it will get better at higher lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • Some guy5 (GB1)Some guy5 (GB1) Posts: 2,248
    edited 21.08.2015
    I find myself getting more troop offers and in greater quantities. I mean this session alone offered me 10 demons and thats a lower than normal offer.

http://prntscr.com/87cw0e

http://prntscr.com/87cw5f
    Some guy5 ex-scrub of en1
    War marshal at Revolution x (Somehow -.- )
    Consumer of pretzels
    http://i.imgur.com/OAysJdg.png

646c0x

• ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC Posts: 549
    edited 22.08.2015
    Some guy5 wrote: »
    I find myself getting more troop offers and in greater quantities. I mean this session alone offered me 10 demons and thats a lower than normal offer.

http://prntscr.com/87cw0e

http://prntscr.com/87cw5f

Not bad... I've gotten a few offers of 30 armored tools usually 10 belfry, 10 ram things, 10 boulders, or 10 wall/gate/arrows for defense
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****"

Ab8CKOc.png Bring back the old castles
  • The Gentleman4The Gentleman4 Posts: 91
    edited 22.08.2015
    For lucky penny, I believe you will need level 70..gotten 4 so far. Armourer tools can be found in greater quantities as well once you reach this level. For example, there is an offer of 20 belfry, 20 heavy rams, and 20 shields for 100k gold that I grab whenever it is available. Basically, the lower your level, the worse your mercenary post options are.
    The Gentleman @ WWW 1

King at Level 39
    Terrible at Level 46
    Steel-Hearted at Level 52
    Went from Level 40-70 by only attacking towers and players.

Currently strong active looter and non-ruby player.
    edited 22.08.2015
    Got a penny. XD 50K that I got right back from nomads lol. once saw 60 resource tools for a mission, but never armorer. Will continue to look and lvl up. Maybe I've just had bad luck lately. Well, now I've got a lucky penny lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• celine09 (INT1)celine09 (INT1) Posts: 322
    edited 22.08.2015
    For lucky penny, I believe you will need level 70..gotten 4 so far

No, you can be any level i think, my friend got it at level 40 something
    I got 4 also so far

Level :70

Alliance: Iron Matrix
    Proud non-ruby player...

The higher you go... The harder you fall

Take life one step at a time...

Never forget, Never forgive...

• Faathih (AU1)Faathih (AU1) Posts: 111
    edited 22.08.2015
    What do you mean you don't get ruby tools and troops? there are tonnes of them in there.. bit expensive but what can we expect for 80 armourer tools or 40 demon horrors? Not to mention kg defeners. Lucky pennies are the best
    Faathih @ au 1
    edited 22.08.2015
    Not bad... I've gotten a few offers of 30 armored tools usually 10 belfry, 10 ram things, 10 boulders, or 10 wall/gate/arrows for defense

Like i said they're usually better than that

http://prntscr.com/87jqcd

http://prntscr.com/87jqec
    Consumer of pretzels

646c0x

• supriyo771184 (US1)supriyo771184 (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    edited 22.08.2015
    I don't get why is there different pop ups in merc post as its rule that all players should be treated equally so how cum someone get lucky penny and other did not get that this means GGE is giving advantage to some and treating bad to others

Games rule and offers must be same for all its upon players to accept that offer of his choise

Hope they make some changes in near future update

• celine09 (INT1)celine09 (INT1) Posts: 322
    edited 22.08.2015
    No, its just up to luck really.

Level :70

Alliance: Iron Matrix
    Proud non-ruby player...

The higher you go... The harder you fall

Take life one step at a time...

Never forget, Never forgive...

edited 22.08.2015
    Of course what you get there seems to change as your level increases too.
    Consumer of pretzels

646c0x

edited 22.08.2015
    Faathih wrote: »
    What do you mean you don't get ruby tools and troops?

I wonder what I could mean by that? lol
    there are tonnes of them in there.. b

As a lvl 55 non-ruby buyer, I can say that no, there aren't. Not sure if both or just one of those apply, but hey, #GGSlogic so you never know. Best I've seen is 10 KG defenders, and separately 5 ruby (not arm) wall tools, which were paired with 10 outdated troops.
    it expensive but what can we expect for 80 armourer tools or 40 demon horrors?

What lvl are you? And have you bought rubies? Just testing something.
    Not to mention kg defeners.

My castles in all lands are full and overflowing with these from Foreign Lords. I dont want or need to purchase more.
    Lucky pennies are the best

When you can find them lol. One so far.

In conclusion, why do the Sands Village defence troops appear to be completely nonexistent now? Haven't seen them in merc post since the new update came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC Posts: 549
    edited 22.08.2015
    I don't get why is there different pop ups in merc post as its rule that all players should be treated equally so how cum someone get lucky penny and other did not get that this means GGE is giving advantage to some and treating bad to others

Games rule and offers must be same for all its upon players to accept that offer of his choise

Hope they make some changes in near future update

almost died laughing... I'd say you are new here but your from 2013.. Must be trolling
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****"

Ab8CKOc.png Bring back the old castles
  • supriyo771184 (US1)supriyo771184 (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    edited 22.08.2015
    almost died laughing... I'd say you are new here but your from 2013.. Must be trolling

All my friends and me were laughing when we couldn't even find ur castle or even ur name in the alliance u mentioned LOL

Sign In to comment.