Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Neph Explain Please(Repost)

Datfeelwhenogf (AU1)Datfeelwhenogf (AU1) AU1 Posts: 29
edited 09.09.2015 in Alliance News & Diplomacy
Mods deleted original thread

Had to re-post after reading this comment posted by mnight - "Typically threads that make KoN look bad, are removed."

#unbanabbie

Neph,

Why does it take 50 alliances to beat 2 alliances

Thats just no skill m8...

30k players vs 150ish - Whats the hold up?

Post edited by Datfeelwhenogf (AU1) on
Datfeelwhenogf @ usa 1

Managed To capture and defend a Royal Tower For a Week @ lv 14 ~asia 1
Wasted 1.25m rubies in tool breakers >:)
Highest Glory rank - The Weak

Comments

• Black OrpheusBlack Orpheus Posts: 107
    edited 19.08.2015
    You sound like Shark in your signature...

Keep up hopeful ^^
    Roar, and RIP

0b10ae71f19b0ffd22212286008a8f01.png
  • Inferno Soul (US1)Inferno Soul (US1) Posts: 225
    edited 19.08.2015
    You sound like Shark in your signature...

Keep up hopeful ^^

LOL. He got you there, OP :)

Anyways, I already outlined this in your previous thread but, the reason it's in a lockdown right now is because it's a psycology/ego game. Both sides hate to lose...they're both thinking "this war is pointless", but they both say otherwise publicly, and neither wants to be the first to say "hey let's end this", because then it gets publicized and BOOM, insta propoganda about how one side won the war because the other wants to give peace.

Also, KoN/allies does not amount to 30k players. The KoN family is around 3000, you're telling me there are 9 more families the size of KoN fighting on their side? Nahhh

Also I'd go so far as to estimate that 50% of them don't hit, and if they do hit they're either no successful or come across popped gates/tool wastes.

Also you have to take into account that alot of MISC's side are ruby buyers like WoK/KoN, it's not that easy to make those people quit the war, you know?

You have to take into account the fine details, the number game is well, bullshit.

-Inferno
    Inferno Soul @ usa 1

http://prntscr.com/4tinp1
    Poking holes in your logic since 11/15/2014
    shirozake wrote: »
    Excellent post, the best one I have seen in years.
    Tempus3 wrote: »
    Probably the most truthful post ever written.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711
    edited 20.08.2015
    Neph,

Why does it take 50 alliances to beat 2 alliances
    [/COLOR]

Your own question, rephrased: How come KoN was able to beat all of MISC's alliances until only 2 remain, but MISC has hardly been able to beat any of KoN's?

(I should get paid for this, lol)
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • RonRNRonRN Posts: 106
    edited 20.08.2015
    Mods deleted original thread

Had to re-post after reading this comment posted by mnight - "Typically threads that make KoN look bad, are removed."

#unbanabbie

I concur. If GGE is going to police the forum, then they need to do it consistently and objectively (not simply on the basis of "we received a complaint.") Especially when the complaints themselves are not genuine; they are mere war tactics.
    edited 21.08.2015
    Perspectives vary :)
    • Your side sees it as: "typically if it makes KoN look bad, it's removed."
    • Our side sees it as: "typically if MISC and FT are posting on a thread a lot, it's eventually going to get removed."

I'm not even judging, you guys be the ones to decide why it might be.

Yes I know some of them are removed that probably shouldn't be, and sure one side is bound to be more fortunate now and then. But as a general rule I'd say we'd see a LOT less forum moderation if some of us exercised a little more control over the types of posts our own members are making.

So if it makes KoN look bad, and you want it to stay up there, hold your members accountable that start posting the real no-no's that get a thread removed. I bet you'll see a quick improvement in the number of threads that stay :)
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    edited 21.08.2015
    Manatee wrote: »

Yes I know some of them are removed that probably shouldn't be, and sure one side is bound to be more fortunate now and then. But as a general rule I'd say we'd see a LOT less forum moderation if some of us exercised a little more control over the types of posts our own members are making.

So if it makes KoN look bad, and you want it to stay up there, hold your members accountable that start posting the real no-no's that get a thread removed. I bet you'll see a quick improvement in the number of threads that stay :)

I guess that explains why Abbie got banned for "debating real life issues" while Heartnoir and Joseph Henry217 did not. I seem to recall Heart and Joseph bringing up real life issues, but not Abbie.
    edited 21.08.2015

[*]Our side sees it as: "typically if MISC and FT are posting on a thread a lot, it's eventually going to get removed."

We both know the only time CMs bother checking on the forum is if someone complains. Guess that means KON whines the loudest around here. Better watch out with that tactic though, it might come back to bite you.
  • TheGoodGuy32TheGoodGuy32 Posts: 185
    edited 21.08.2015
    Your own question, rephrased: How come KoN was able to beat all of MISC's alliances until only 2 remain, but MISC has hardly been able to beat any of KoN's?

I've still never seen a list of direct MISC subs that have surrendered, can you post it?
    edited 21.08.2015
    I've still never seen a list of direct MISC subs that have surrendered, can you post it?
    You'll have to ask KoN for that. I only re-posted what Datfeelwhenogf wrote in a different format. But as far as I'm aware, MISC itself had very few direct subs (or active members) and relied heavily on KoN & DT [and now just DT and somewhat D8]. MISC: United was the stronger alliance before the war.
    RonRN wrote: »
    I guess that explains why Abbie got banned for "debating real life issues" while Heartnoir and Joseph Henry217 did not. I seem to recall Heart and Joseph bringing up real life issues, but not Abbie.

From what I saw, Abbie was told she got banned for doing it after having been warned numerous occasions in the past not to.
    Perhaps Heart got the same warning but hasn't done it since?
    I do not know what the final posts were on that thread before it was deleted. I'm not even sure if we are permitted to discuss it per forum rules so I'm going to just end my participation on the topic.

I am trying to be more common sense than biased here though. I admit it's not easy when you have (or had) a dog in the fight.
    We both know the only time CMs bother checking on the forum is if someone complains. Guess that means KON whines the loudest around here. Better watch out with that tactic though, it might come back to bite you.
    You shouldn't make assumptions like that. I don't necessarily agree that our CMs only check the forums if there's a complaint. You can believe that if you wish, but I think they do check on occasion and are simply too understaffed.

How do you come to the the conclusion that it is KoN complaining loudest? Are we to simply take the word of mnight, a MISC'r, that more anti-KoN threads are removed? Or your word, a former MISC ally in this war? That seems a little too convenient to me. But then again trying to disprove the meaningful absence of something (or quantity thereof) is a time-honored tactic used across many forms of debate. Feel free to hold your opinion, just don't expect us to consider it a valid premise.

So I'll take the opposite position and say more threads damaging to MISC have been removed, by far. The ones that were initially damaging to KoN were even more damaging to MISC side because of their follow-up behavior and posts on those threads, so the moderators had to take them down and ban the offending posters (there are a lot of them if you check other posts they've commented on for the little strike through their name). Anyway, that is my opinion (truthful or not) and I won't expect you to consider it a valid premise.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
  • ognid (US1)ognid (US1) US1 Posts: 82
    edited 21.08.2015

there is a simple answer to that. MISC/DT has already beat most of KON's subs. The war has been over for two or three months for most of the participants of the serverwar. It is just that KON subs know that they can't formally leave the war or their own parent alliance will burn them to the ground. KON does not tolerate "disloyalty" in this pixel game that is supposed to be fun.

When our players need to leave the war because of real life obligations... or because they just don't find a 10 month war fun any longer, we wish them luck and tell them to keep in touch. When a KON family player wants to leave the war, they get burned to the ground. That is why MISC/DT/FT can't be beat. We are in the war because we want to be here, not because we are forced to be here.

And you also have to remember that KON/GK can only win with a MISC/DT/FT surrender. MISC/DT/FT win's every day that the war goes on. So, by our count, it is about 290 to 0 at this point.

So, in reality, it is 3 vs. 4 right now.

8739ya [IMG][/img]http://prntscr.com/8739ya
    ognid @ usa 1
  • craig59 (US1)craig59 (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    edited 21.08.2015
    This back and forth is so funny. First our subs do all the hitting and KoN main never hits. Now our subs have been out of the war for months. So which is it?
    craig59 @ usa 1
  • RaymondGarcia (US1)RaymondGarcia (US1) Posts: 598
    edited 21.08.2015
    • Your side sees it as: "typically if it makes KoN look bad, it's removed."
    • Our side sees it as: "typically if MISC and FT are posting on a thread a lot, it's eventually going to get removed."

I'm not even judging, you guys be the ones to decide why it might be.

I dont care for gk I think KoN is corrupt you c other the whole point of the war is that neither side can agree on their views
    RaymondGarcia is usa 1

fing game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2luhwy3KAE0

I'm leaving this game  may you please listen to my freestyle

• edited 21.08.2015
    craig59 wrote: »
    This back and forth is so funny. First our subs do all the hitting and KoN main never hits. Now our subs have been out of the war for months. So which is it?

WoK/NE350/Defcon/KoN2 are the only subs we saw any action from the past 3 months. The rest are either inactive or dead.
    nothanksjeffery @ usa 1

*Potato Crew*
    *Misc GGE Crew*
    *Skip Classes for GGE Crew*
    *Set alarm to wake up in the middle of the night for GGE crew*
    *Crew of all crews crew*
    *Girls sign off when I message them Crew*
    *paint my own nails to fap so it looks like girl is giving me handjob crew*
    *Get called bro but they never mean bro Crew*
    *Order a pizza, too scared to answer the door Crew*
    *foreveralone.jpg Crew*
    *not gonna make it crew*
    *hold my own hand to see what it feels like crew*
    edited 21.08.2015

From what I saw, Abbie was told she got banned for doing it after having been warned numerous occasions in the past not to.
    Perhaps Heart got the same warning but hasn't done it since?

Yea, that's exactly what she was told. Only that's an absolute lie, unless by
    "numerous occasions" they mean "one" (which was for a picture of play-doh people....). Neither scenario is a bannable offense. Especially when Kleenex is allowed to make posts every other day calling people ball lickers and swearing like an adolescent.

Secondly, no where in any thread did Abbie bring up real life.

My point is simple: enforce the rules or don't enforce them, but you can't selectively enforce them and still justly believe that you have been fair.
  • edited 21.08.2015

Quite possibly with the help of group influence.
    Every man and his dog seems to have KoN in alliance name or description (and as the man will tell you, it's definitely his dog's account, NOT an alt).

Like a swarm of teenage boys liking a 2/10 "it" girls heavily angled, filtered and probably photoshopped selfies just because everyone else is doing it, numbers create numbers and people blindly follow the larger group despite no real affinity to the cause. If what is read on this forum is true, KoN are big on recruiting too.

MISC were always selective in who joined (before I took a hiatus, assume this has remained)... or at least that's what we'd tell ourselves. Reality is we're just FA's that no one wanted to take to the prom. So as many people gave up on this silly game when it became more blatantly obvious that the direction was money > strategy, it was inevitable that MISC would return to FA status, while KoN would WK anything that rubied. But the MISC is still here, curling in the squat rack, counting IIFYMs and hanging out at the beach in our BMWs filming you kissing your girl as we become supreme gentlemen.

I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t want this. I didn’t start this war... I wasn’t the one who struck first... But I will finish it by striking back. I will punish everyone. And it will be beautiful. Finally, at long last, I can show the world my true worth.
    Z8mIsgG.png#
    Mirin K/D?

Teen MISC
    >
    edited 21.08.2015
    lol, good perspective Angus. Yeah MISC was always selective. But it got to the point where they had around 15 actives left even during wartime (in the past, wartime saw more reincarnations), so they combined with DT to form a very strong alliance by anyone's measure. You guys will give different reasons for it, but that's the birds-eye view.
    ognid wrote: »
    there is a simple answer to that. MISC/DT has already beat most of KON's subs. The war has been over for two or three months for most of the participants of the serverwar.
    It is just that KON subs know that they can't formally leave the war or their own parent alliance will burn them to the ground. KON does not tolerate "disloyalty" in this pixel game that is supposed to be fun.
    I'm sure both of the above quotes are so absolutely true and not in any way propaganda that the Heavens above are weeping with joy. *snicker*
    When our players need to leave the war because of real life obligations... or because they just don't find a 10 month war fun any longer, we wish them luck and tell them to keep in touch. When a KON family player wants to leave the war, they get burned to the ground.
    It must be because MISC is cuddly and KoN is evil. It didn't used to be that way, back when all MISCers were volunteering at the homeless shelters and handing out free food, you guys wore homespun cotton garments. Those things were all rough and scratchy, nothing cuddly about them. But now, now you guys are like little ewoks. Who would have thought KoN is so cruel, and MISC so virtuous?

So back to reality. It's probably time you guys decided which narrative you want to tell. Will it be the one about nobody leaving KoN for fear of being burned? Or the narrative where thousands of KoN and subs have left already? But then... oh wow! I just had an epiphany! I know why not a single KoN has attacked you since July... they're too busy burning the 10,000 former KoN who left them. Get 'em while they're distracted, MISC!

(It's Friday, I'm about to go home soon. I'm punchy, lol)
    KON/GK can only win with a MISC/DT/FT surrender. MISC/DT/FT win's every day that the war goes on. So, by our count, it is about 290 to 0 at this point.

I'm still not sure I view anything you guys do as "winning" right now. You're not in a position I'd want to be in. But I suppose if your definition of winning is "not surrendering" then you would have a point. My own definition of winning involved all parties working out their differences at the very beginning. So I've already lost :) My reason for that was this was not a war among enemies, but among allies. Yes many of us have turned the other into true enemies, but it didn't have to be that way.

Also, perhaps KoN really *did* engage the war due to perceived threats posed by your side, as they've been saying. In that case, winning would be relegating you guys to a relative non-threat (and for us in GK it would be assisting them in that effort). A comparison between your strength and KoN's strength right now is not even close.
    Yea, that's exactly what she was told. Only that's an absolute lie, unless by
    "numerous occasions" they mean "one" (which was for a picture of play-doh people....). Neither scenario is a bannable offense. Especially when Kleenex is allowed to make posts every other day calling people ball lickers and swearing like an adolescent.
    Not to be a pest... but how would you know? You are RonRN.
    And if you're talking for Abbie, we should just assume the CM's are lying?
    No offense meant to Abbie, but it's a bit of a stretch to expect that from me. Perhaps there are shades of grey, or things the CMs know that we don't.
    My point is simple: enforce the rules or don't enforce them, but you can't selectively enforce them and still justly believe that you have been fair.
    Agreed. My point is I see nothing indicating a CM is lying or that others weren't warned too and just didn't cross the line again. We simply don't know, and continuing on like this will get *us* in violation of forum rules.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    edited 21.08.2015

Not to be a pest... but how would you know? You are RonRN.
    And if you're talking for Abbie, we should just assume the CM's are lying?
    No offense meant to Abbie, but it's a bit of a stretch to expect that from me. Perhaps there are shades of grey, or things the CMs know that we don't.

I saw the emails myself.

I've never known Abbie to lie. At the very least, the CMs are mistaken/misinformed. The only proven liars on this forum are KON. I've seen the screens, but they, of course, were removed. Imagine that.
    Agreed. My point is I see nothing indicating a CM is lying or that others weren't warned too and just didn't cross the line again. We simply don't know, and continuing on like this will get *us* in violation of forum rules.

All I have to say is this: It's plainly obvious that the CMs selectively enforce the rules. And it's plainly obvious that Joseph or Heart reported Abbie in order to retaliate. I have no proof, but I don't need it-- anyone with a brain can deduce that. I don't mind having rules when they are enforced objectively and we are all treated equally. If you honestly think Abbie should be banned before Kleenex (many others, for that matter), then I have severely overestimated you.
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 21.08.2015
    I would say it ether comes down the the mods not being fair or impartial, or that kon is just a big bunch of babies that have to report everything. Ether way the mods are doing a crappy job.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• kennith (US1)kennith (US1) Posts: 178
    edited 21.08.2015
    I'd just like to remind you all of one thing. Look at Serry's main, capital, and metro. No fires, right? Now look at Morentz's main, capital, and metro. Burning up. Who do you think is winning?
    I am against the new updates, the past few months Two years have been all about GGE greed. Please revoke these money grabbing updates and make the game fun again.

Kennith | USA1 | Emperors of Neph | Recruiter / Defcon of Neph | Sergeant

If you are being bullied, message me in-game.  I like making bullies burn...

My Profile:
    http://imgur.com/d6xi8Xa
    My loot
    http://prntscr.com/6jbb5q
    http://prntscr.com/6jbbxp
    http://prntscr.com/6jkp26
    http://prntscr.com/6jwvwa
    Over kill? What over kill?
    http://prntscr.com/6jkk0u
    oxxx{=====>
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    edited 21.08.2015
    kennith2 wrote: »
    I'd just like to remind you all of one thing. Look at Serry's main, capital, and metro. No fires, right? Now look at Morentz's main, capital, and metro. Burning up. Who do you think is winning?

What does that have to do with anything?

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file