Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Resource villages

MightyAce1 (GB1)MightyAce1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 17
As a relative newcomer (2 months) I started my castle in Everwinter only to find there are no resource villages unoccupied. Most are owned by level 70 players and some have over 20 of these. Should there not be new RV's added from time to time to cater for new players? Also would a cap on the amount of RV's you can capture help the new players to at least capture one?
Same problem in the Desert realm I understand
Post edited by MightyAce1 (GB1) on
MightyAce1 @ en 1

Comments

• Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 12.07.2015
    They are added when people join, and yes there is a cap (In Everwinter that is 5 of each village). Look for inactive players and take them off them. You can also look around for free ones to take, in Everwinter, it's easy :)
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    edited 12.07.2015
    If you're looking for unowned ones, zoom out on the map as far as you can and scan for any ones that don't have a flag of another player flying overhead. But a lot of players win RVs in wars, and on my server at least, it's easy to find unowned ones. :)
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 12.07.2015
    MightyAce1 wrote: »
    As a relative newcomer (2 months) I started my castle in Everwinter only to find there are no resource villages unoccupied. Most are owned by level 70 players and some have over 20 of these. Should there not be new RV's added from time to time to cater for new players? Also would a cap on the amount of RV's you can capture help the new players to at least capture one?

1- only 15 RVs are able to be owned by people in winter. a few have more, but thats because they owned them before the 15 limit was placed. i dont think anyone has 20 though...

2- yes high level people own RVs, because they are strong enough to take them, hold them, defend them. if you get strong enough to take some, go right on ahead. if your dumb and try to take some now, just be prepped for the whupping you will get

3- new RVs DO spawn, near the edge of the map. most new players to the outer kingdom maps are put on the outer edges, so they get the advantage going for RVs that spawn in. a few times new guys are put in the center areas, so maybe you just got unlucky

4- a cap does exist. 15 RVs total for winter (5 of each) and 30 in sands/desert and fire (10 of each).

5- the idea of RVs is to fight over them. if there are enough RVs that everyone can own them, there is not really enough to fight over. so if we have 10 players in winter, each can hold 15. that is 150 RVs capable of being held. however, to make people fight over them, they will only spawn in maybe 70-80, or perhaps as few as 50. when guy number 11 joins, a few more RVs will be spawned in.

6- the same problem is in every kingdom. everyone always complains about it. the point of the game is survival of the fittest. if you are in a weaker group, dont expect to win hard fights or own lots of nice property. high levels own lots of nice property because they earned it and fought for it, you can do the same. stop begging for handouts
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • MightyAce1 (GB1)MightyAce1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 17
    edited 12.07.2015
    Lol - Thanks for the info guys lots stuff I didn't know there. Looks like I gotta get looking!!
    MightyAce1 @ en 1
  • Cho Gath (GB1)Cho Gath (GB1) Posts: 670
    edited 12.07.2015

Is it just to me or does every 10th new player creates thread about this subject? Use search function,GGS didn't put it for decor...
  • Cho Gath (GB1)Cho Gath (GB1) Posts: 670
    edited 12.07.2015
    Lexx7 wrote: »
    4- a cap does exist. 15 RVs total for winter (5 of each) and 30 in sands/desert and fire (10 of each).

15 RVs of each type is possible in fire - 45 in total.
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 12.07.2015

took me a year to get full rvs in a fairly peacefull alliance (a couple years ago) and actually if you loot heavy it doesn't even matter. loot towers a lot and watch for vacant rvs
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 12.07.2015

If you were lucky, you started by an edge. They spawn there when they need more for more incoming players. Sands is pretty full right now. Castles right on the edge of the rv-populated areas. Bookmark a tower near the edge and check daily. Scroll two or three screens in either direciton along the edge. Should be more within the next week or two. Make sure NOW you have stables and a loot werehouse.

Edit: O wait, ur not in USA1. Sry. Bookmark a tower by the closest edge and check daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
  • ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC Posts: 549
    edited 13.07.2015
    Cho Gath wrote: »

Nope it's still 10 each
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****"

Ab8CKOc.png Bring back the old castles
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 13.07.2015
    Cho Gath wrote: »

never saw the change, far as i know its still 10
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • swantonbomb (GB1)swantonbomb (GB1) Posts: 357
    edited 14.07.2015
    They are added when people join, and yes there is a cap (In Everwinter that is 5 of each village). Look for inactive players and take them off them. You can also look around for free ones to take, in Everwinter, it's easy :)

Be careful who you take them off though, May result in war :/
    -Proud member of Blood Syndicate-
    Level 67 Prince
    Nomad destroyer :)
    8/7/2015 - 49k PowerPoints.
    8/8/2015 - 70k PowerPoints

NON RUBY BUYER!!
    UK1

'Why pay rubies to make a bakery, when i can clearly see when it is built, there are no rubies inside it'.
  • edited 06.08.2016

This rvs thing should be updated and they better look into it . More players are enterin' EW . To find  that there's no free rvs . It's obvious that the only way is to take them from others . But hey ! take a  look at levels first . Only lvl 100legends . Don't say that the importance of a RV would reduce . They will  just simply become like ops . There a problem with this ? 

Post edited by LION CLARKSON (US1) on
  • edited 06.08.2016
    let's buy 20k veteran demons . Declare war on a big alliance . Take 15RV . Change your ID . Take the first plane heading south . 
    if you can't keep those 15 Rv... at least you'll complete an achievement .
    Post edited by LION CLARKSON (US1) on
  • Players that maxed RVs in EW before GGS lowered the max allowed may hold still more than 15, but there are few of those left in the game.

• Rajan37 (IN1)Rajan37 (IN1) Posts: 5,838
    • i ve been loking for a free RV for a long time .i didn t find any free one.that s a big problem in GGE.why don t you add more free RV for the new players.it s tough to keep goin while there is no free RV to help you in advancing.

please add more free RV for us.
    I'd they add more RVs, then the importance of an RV would reduce.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • mns3 (US1)mns3 (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    Look at the edge of the map in all the kingdoms. You may find some.
    mns3 @ usa 1
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    Lexx7 said:

1- only 15 RVs are able to be owned by people in winter. a few have more, but thats because they owned them before the 15 limit was placed. i dont think anyone has 20 though...

2- yes high level people own RVs, because they are strong enough to take them, hold them, defend them. if you get strong enough to take some, go right on ahead. if your dumb and try to take some now, just be prepped for the whupping you will get

3- new RVs DO spawn, near the edge of the map. most new players to the outer kingdom maps are put on the outer edges, so they get the advantage going for RVs that spawn in. a few times new guys are put in the center areas, so maybe you just got unlucky

5- the idea of RVs is to fight over them. if there are enough RVs that everyone can own them, there is not really enough to fight over. so if we have 10 players in winter, each can hold 15. that is 150 RVs capable of being held. however, to make people fight over them, they will only spawn in maybe 70-80, or perhaps as few as 50. when guy number 11 joins, a few more RVs will be spawned in.

6- the same problem is in every kingdom. everyone always complains about it. the point of the game is survival of the fittest. if you are in a weaker group, dont expect to win hard fights or own lots of nice property. high levels own lots of nice property because they earned it and fought for it, you can do the same. stop begging for handouts
    but when the fitness becomes the guy with less common sense and the most spare money its not really fun anymore 
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Rajan37 (IN1)Rajan37 (IN1) Posts: 5,838
    Look at the edge of the map in all the kingdoms. You may find some.
    I had done that hundreds of times imediately after iI joined a new kingdom, but couldn't find even a single RV.
    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong"
    ~Mahatma Gandhi
    Napoleon4
    Level 70 
    Illuminati
    Part Of UAL
    @ Indian server
  • Lexx7 said:

but when the fitness becomes the guy with less common sense and the most spare money its not really fun anymore 
    even when they start throwing money at the game, most of the time they still have some sense.
    im batman
    furture @ EN1
  • LOL, no they don't.  That's an oxymoron.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file