We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Life hacks in GGE

jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
I was bored and army is out looting so thought I would make this.

1) Recruitment

When recruiting do NOT recruit five at a time but instead 1 and then click the hep button. By doing so you will build your army faster and for less coins as when clicking help on 5 you get 1 extra troops if you recruit 1 at a time and click help each time you will get MORE for your money.

2) Equipment commanders

Instead of looting your towers with your normal commander create a new one and use 'equipment of the treasure hunter' to get a higher chance of good equipment. You could also the horse shoe symbol (and others) to increase your chance.

3) Castle development (if in a larger alliance do this)

. Build up your storage so that alliance members can send resources
. Upgrade your keep so that building time is reduced
. Expand your walls to max and upgrade
. Upgrade towers
. Bring tools over from other realms (defensive) so that you will receive support if attacked
. Gate and moat
. Farms (send some men over)
. Barracks
. Charcoal, wood and stone buildings
. Increase public order

The reason you should so this is because nobody will attack you if you don't have troops so build up your defenses and then send troops so that it is easier to defend and alliance members will support

4) Looting towers

Make sure you loot towers as once they get to a higher level will give you some loot and are a very good way to get coins. Also you get good equipment (sometimes, refer to number 2). So there are no negative things about looting them and very good rewards.

5) Food outposts

The best type of outpost to get would be food. having a food op will allow you to have more troops to loot with and send support with. If you ever see a shiny food op that is reasonable distance away make sure you take it as they are pretty rare and produce a lot of food.

6) Tool Sweeps

Do NOT tool sweep other players or use them in attacks. A tool sweep in when you send few expendable troops to get rid of the defenders tools to annoy them. Or when sending 1 troop on the first wave and then the full attack behind it. Only do this against robber baron castles.

7) RV's

Resource Villages or rv's are found in out kingdoms (everwinter etc) and are extremely useful. They increase resource production so they are very nice to have. Do NOT steal these of players as it will most likely cause a war and you will end up with non at all.

8.) Leveling

If your stuck on a level or got those damned dwelling quests go into your outpost get rid of all decoration and speed build level 1 dwellings. Once you have filled the space speed demolish it. Repeat this over and over and before you know it you will be one level higher!
Post edited by jollyjack82 on
jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
mayO1xP.png
King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)

Comments

• NickDude (US1)NickDude (US1) Posts: 4,268
    edited 14.06.2015
    Many tips are well known,but thanks anyways:D
    Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire,Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves,not rules.~
    Sandravlc's Logbook- Chronicle I

• Akhil50 (IN1)Akhil50 (IN1) Posts: 4,347
    edited 14.06.2015
    Nice one jolly,lot of newbies need this
    Still a Potter-head.  And a starboii

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 14.06.2015
    Should have posted it on the us forum :/
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
    edited 14.06.2015

Why. . . ?

Might Points - Everything you need to know about them is the 2nd most viewed thread in the section with over 40k views, go take a look for some mighty info :)

[email protected]
  • NickDude (US1)NickDude (US1) Posts: 4,268
    edited 14.06.2015
    Because there are only absolute potatoes,not to be harsh.
    Bards shall sing about the victories of ours,
    Enemies will fall under Chivalric Lords' towers
    Foes of their Leader will always tremble,
    But his and Chivalric Lords' allies will reassemble

Every alliance must have 3 things: loyalty,rules and right to vote. Without them,it is not an alliance. It's anarchy.

~Sandravlc of Aragonsland Empire,Leader of Chivalric Lords alliance. Leader serves,not rules.~
    Sandravlc's Logbook- Chronicle I

edited 14.06.2015
    It's full of newbies
    mayO1xP.png
    edited 14.06.2015
    Den me cud do 2

[email protected]
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) Posts: 1,794GB1
    edited 14.06.2015
    you missed don't tool clean or steal RVs because newbies be new
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
    edited 14.06.2015
    you missed don't tool clean or steal RVs because newbies be new

They usually ignore that fact, even after telling them it's wrong, now you have to burn them, to show them that its wrong

Seriously

[email protected]
    edited 14.06.2015
    Will add it
    mayO1xP.png
    edited 14.06.2015
    Added point 8 now
    mayO1xP.png
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    edited 14.06.2015

well, you could just give the link out to new players who join your alliance/alliance subs, pacts, and family alliances. :)
    catbargif
    95% of  people on the internet have some kind of mental or personality disorder. Society is sick.

Neph's 3rd apology to the Misc
  • edited 14.06.2015
    It's full of newbies

true, very true. but someone made a pretty decent story about the RBC king

the rest are potatoes though

Graycat3 wrote: »
    well, you could just give the link out to new players who join your alliance/alliance subs, pacts, and family alliances. :)

but the link in the notice board.......that might be a good idea.
  • hge3hge3 Posts: 155
    edited 16.06.2015
    Dont tool clean... All is fair in Love and War. I have cost my enemies hundreds of real dollars by tool cleaning. It is fine to do in a war!!
    I have noticed how many people say that the game is impossible for non-ruby buyers to play. I am a non ruby buyer, but I have easily gotten to level 69, and I have 2 very built up 8 food op's and 1 very built up 6 food op. i also have a nice castle in ice, sands, and fire with Rv's. It is quite possible to play the game if you are not a ruby buyer.

Looking for good players for my alliance on USA1. Message hge in-game or hge3 on forum.

hge @ usa 1
  • Good Knighty (US1)Good Knighty (US1) Posts: 14US1
    edited 01.07.2015
    HIVE fluffer
    Good Knighty @ usa 1
    edited 10.07.2015
    Graycat3 wrote: »

No noobes join our main and I'm too lazy to give it too those in our training wing. I doubt they need to anyways
    mayO1xP.png
  • Redhawk (US1)Redhawk (US1) Posts: 62
    edited 19.07.2015
    9) Fires - Fires don't spread so don't panic.
    Repairs under 10 minutes can be completed for free. To access those pesky towers on fire hidden behind the tall buildings in your castle, click the "Construction" button, the "Hide Buildings" tab and the "Battlements" tab. Now you can see all the towers without the buildings getting in the way. Easy to repair that one lonely tower burning in the back.
    Redhawk @ usa 1

Proud non-ruby buyer
Sign In to comment.