We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beginner troops in Mercenary Post

I know this has probably been brought up billions of times, but I haven't seen this topic around for a while, so humour me will you?

This is for the 70s out there who probably suffer the same problem as I do: Can we please be able to buy macemen, crossbowmen and/or spearmen and bowmen from the mercenary post? The fastest soldier we can get after upgrading all our soldiers to vets are wolves (not counting direwolves here), and when it comes to capturing RVs or monuments, wolves aren't exactly ideal. We can't get there fast enough, they consume too much food if we keep about 200 of them for back-up, they take heaps of time and charcoal to get, and expectations of us only wanting to go hard, not fast aren't all that true.

Nowadays, so many of us level 70s would probably pay millions of coins at the chance to get like 10 beginner troops (Level 30s and under, be happy. Us level 70s are suffering because you guys are hogging those beginner troops to yourself), so let us get the chance to get them as well.
Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
@en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
Post edited by InsaneDuckling (GB1) on

Comments

• jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 04.05.2015
    If they did add this, would macemen be cheap or expensive?
    jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 04.05.2015
    they would stay the same price. whats the point of adding them back then charging extra? im not paying extra for something that others can get at regular price just because im a higher level
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • A Level 70 can't recruit basic troops in their own Barracks??
  • Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    I know this has probably been brought up billions of times, but I haven't seen this topic around for a while, so humour me will you?

This is for the 70s out there who probably suffer the same problem as I do: Can we please be able to buy macemen, crossbowmen and/or spearmen and bowmen from the mercenary post? The fastest soldier we can get after upgrading all our soldiers to vets are wolves (not counting direwolves here), and when it comes to capturing RVs or monuments, wolves aren't exactly ideal. We can't get there fast enough, they consume too much food if we keep about 200 of them for back-up, they take heaps of time and charcoal to get, and expectations of us only wanting to go hard, not fast aren't all that true.

Nowadays, so many of us level 70s would probably pay millions of coins at the chance to get like 10 beginner troops (Level 30s and under, be happy. Us level 70s are suffering because you guys are hogging those beginner troops to yourself), so let us get the chance to get them as well.
    no, GGE would never do this.

Also... it's easy to get wolves....

I have 300+ of them... which will EASILY capture a monument/lab... even without tools... and they only consume 1 more food than lesser troops...
    A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    A Level 70 can't recruit basic troops in their own Barracks??
    not if they've researched veteran troops of that type, the veteran troops replace the basic
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• A Level 70 can't recruit basic troops in their own Barracks??

It depends if they've researched the veteran troops or not. On the Australian server, I've already researched all the vets, so that inspired this suggestion. 

On the UK server, however, I've refrained from researching the spearmen and bowmen because they're cheaper dummy soldiers than archers.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • Pallu (IN1)Pallu (IN1) Posts: 569
    A Level 70 can't recruit basic troops in their own Barracks??

It depends if they've researched the veteran troops or not. On the Australian server, I've already researched all the vets, so that inspired this suggestion. 

On the UK server, however, I've refrained from researching the spearmen and bowmen because they're cheaper dummy soldiers than archers.
    I would sooner not research vet xbows/macemen.... what with easily acquirable Berimond troops, there is no longer any real reason to reasearch vet mace/xbows.
    A Pattern, Maybe? http://prntscr.com/9fceqb

My main castle: http://prntscr.com/9fcfmb

Sign In to comment.