We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

My troops are joining other armies?

I was attacked by a Foreigner today, and my alliance sent support like they usually would. We won and all, and afterwards, they retreated their defence troops. The weird thing is, they returned with all of their troops, and some of them had extra men returning with them. For example, one of my members sent 700 for support, but his army is returning with one extra soldier for some reason. The same thing happened with someone else who supported with considerably more, but is returning with about 5 extra. I would post a picture, but like, we all know that for some reason the forum has banned uploads.

So the question is, is this some sort of glitch? Or have soldiers from other supporting members developed the ability to ditch their masters and run away with other people?
Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
@en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
Post edited by InsaneDuckling (GB1) on

Comments

• Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 02.05.2015
    its the new way of preventing starvation

they ran away from home

they followed a stronger leader

the alchemist recruited them to his league of disappearing GGE people

the shady lady bribed them

your guards got drunk and didnt catch the spies, now they return to their true masters

GGE punishes the non ruby buyers again

new hero: steal X% of your allies troops

the game decided to kill all of your troops first, and as punishment for you losing men it decided to save the rest by sending them to other leaders

the RBCs didnt appreciate the demolishing (see your siggy)

or GGE is just screwed up (again). but nooooo that could never happen could it?

any other suggestions for what happened? :)
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • soldiersanttu (SKN1)soldiersanttu (SKN1) Posts: 523SKN1
    edited 02.05.2015
    Has happened for us many times :-D
    soldiersanttu @ skn 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) Posts: 357AU1
    edited 02.05.2015
    I think this is probably to do with rounding. When the calculation is done a certain number of troops perish in the attack. This surviving troops are shared out amongst the castles who supported, each according to their %representation of the troops in the battle. Sometimes this will involve rounding up so someone will receive the extra troop. if the total loses were very small, then sometimes someone will get back 1 more troop than they sent.

I may be wrong, but this is how I have always justified it to myself.

Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Faathih (AU1)Faathih (AU1) Posts: 111
    edited 02.05.2015
    Always happens.. it's common
    Faathih @ au 1
  • jollyjack82jollyjack82 Posts: 6,105
    edited 02.05.2015
    That's never happened to me. Even when sending support.
    jollyjack8 @ en1 - Recruiter of New Vision
    mayO1xP.png
    King jollyjack8, level 48 (I haven't done quests since level 19 unless it was a good one)
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 02.05.2015
    eibbed62 wrote: »
    I think this is probably to do with rounding. When the calculation is done a certain number of troops perish in the attack. This surviving troops are shared out amongst the castles who supported, each according to their %representation of the troops in the battle. Sometimes this will involve rounding up so someone will receive the extra troop. if the total loses were very small, then sometimes someone will get back 1 more troop than they sent.

I may be wrong, but this is how I have always justified it to myself.

Debbie

Yeah, no. Otherwise I'd have 70 times the amount of troops I have now.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • edited 02.05.2015
    they thought you where too harsh, so you they ditched you

but seriously, its a bug that GGE needs ot fix
Sign In to comment.