Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Attacks from people above level 70

Lucas1999 (NL1)Lucas1999 (NL1) Posts: 474
Hello everyone,

I think it is stupid that people above level 70 still can attack people below level 70. When you become level 70 you will get much stronger than before. People of level 60 have a problem, they are under attack by people who can have much more armies because of the new food-producer (in Dutch called Graanschuren). People of level 60 doesn't have these so I suggest Goodgame Studios that they will make it impossible for people above level 70 to attack people below level 60

What do you think?

Greetings Lucas (Dutch Server, Grijze Jager)
Post edited by Lucas1999 (NL1) on

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

Comments

• Kaos Reyenes (US1)Kaos Reyenes (US1) Posts: 358
    edited 22.02.2015
    I agree partially - I think level 70's should be able to hit down to level 60 (the "10-level rule"), but not below. As the 70s progress, base it on legendary level until it gets to the point where a 70/50 can only hit 70/1 or higher (picking numbers at random as an example only). Or, don't allow the hit if there is no glory available (I think this is around 15 levels).

Overall, I agree that the legendary levels are good for the game (some tweaking is still needed), but not if they are simply used to bully the lower levels...
    Kaos Reyenes @ usa 1
  • ciam2ciam2 Posts: 31
    edited 22.02.2015
    A 10-level rule is needed but you should still be able to attack people 10 lvs higher than you.
    ciam @ usa 1
  • heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 22.02.2015
    Lucas1999 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I think it is stupid that people above level 70 still can attack people below level 70. When you become level 70 you will get much stronger than before. People of level 60 have a problem, they are under attack by people who can have much more armies because of the new food-producer (in Dutch called Graanschuren). People of level 60 doesn't have these so I suggest Goodgame Studios that they will make it impossible for people above level 70 to attack people below level 60

What do you think?

Greetings Lucas (Dutch Server, Grijze Jager)
    Wrong, legendary effects do not affect people under level 70.

Although... I agree with your point.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 22.02.2015
    ciam2 wrote: »
    A 10-level rule is needed but you should still be able to attack people 10 lvs higher than you.

seriously? so basically your plan is low lvls can punch up, but no tag backs?
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
    edited 22.02.2015
    That's BS.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 23.02.2015
    ben3211232 wrote: »
    I don't see how losing some Honor is a bad punishment.

That is irrelevant to this thread. Stop trolling please.
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • px-elcapitanpx-elcapitan Posts: 576
    edited 23.02.2015
    No, to me 10 level rule applies to below or above.

If a level 20 ruby splasher, attacks me with horrors and armorer tools was to attack me (even with their limit of 2 waves). It would still do bit of damage, and I'll hit them back.
    px-elcapitan @ au 1
  • Iota (AU1)Iota (AU1) Posts: 210
    edited 23.02.2015
    As far as I know and the rule my alliance follows is that you can attack players 10 levels below and above but no further effectively giving my players a 20 level range of players to attack. [excluding the shady event]
    a exception being 20's attacking level 10's

As far as legendary levels go I don't think a level70/30 should b attacking under level 70s.
    Strangely I still have level70/20's attacking players in my alliance at levels 50-60
    Once part of a large and proud alliance everyone has deserted me.
    Now I must face the Demons I once called "Friends"

Fairly surviving leader of GUARDIAN HEART
    I'll regain my strength yet
    AU1 Server

Yes I cos-play on occasion and yes that is me in my profile picture

Once known as:
    Theta     :       AU1  [inactive]
    Torin830:       INT1 [inactive]
  • Lucas1999 (NL1)Lucas1999 (NL1) Posts: 474
    edited 23.02.2015
    Iota wrote: »
    As far as I know and the rule my alliance follows is that you can attack players 10 levels below and above but no further effectively giving my players a 20 level range of players to attack. [excluding the shady event]
    a exception being 20's attacking level 10's

As far as legendary levels go I don't think a level70/30 should b attacking under level 70s.
    Strangely I still have level70/20's attacking players in my alliance at levels 50-60

This point is what I meant

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I'm Lucas from the dutch server (NL1) and i play in an amazing Alliance called Two Towers. I really enjoy playing the game. If you want to make contact with me leave a message here or if you are from the dutch server message me there!

Kind regards Lucas1999

• Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 23.02.2015
    you cant change anything about it. here is the problem

if you say level 70's cant hit anyone non-70, then that means that non level 70's can hit any level 70 and almost always get away with it, because level 70 people cant do anything back

to fix this you need to say if your not level 70 then you cant hit level 70's. at this point only level 70s can hit each other.

but then people who own metros and capitals and KTs (mostly level 70s) are now safe from how many people trying to tool waste them or take their property?

and as for the issue about legendary levels, i have brought it up many times. GGE says nothing, or basically screw you, stop pointing out our mistakes. the only real damage done is that now ruby whales get to level 70/500 and can hold armies 2-3 times the size of others (ONLY at every granary and flour mill being max level and all that. if they are not maxed out its not as bad, but still an issue)

so what we need, is a way level 70's can be hit/hit others, but you need a way for lower levels to get past armies 2-3 times the original size, meaning if you had 1K Defense to go through at first, now you have 2-3K defense. not to mention this multiplies the amount of support you can send people.
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • Gwendolen4Gwendolen4 Posts: 11
    edited 27.02.2015
    I think this could be simply fixed by keeping to the 10 levels "rule" but adding the numbers up.

So a level 70 with legendary 8 is technically a level 78 and should, if honorably, not hit below level 68.

I do agree though that if a player hits you, you should be able to hit back, even if said player is more than 10 levels lower than you. Although I was recently hit by a lvl 8 player... I decided to just sabotage him a little and leave it at that.
    Gwendolen @ usa 1
  • edited 28.02.2015
    I think this could be simply fixed by keeping a limitation of troops an attacker could use, according to the level he attacks. Or according to defence-points related to the alliance were defender is in.
    edited 28.02.2015
    Gwillym wrote: »
    I think this could be simply fixed by keeping a limitation of troops an attacker could use, according to the level he attacks. Or according to defence-points related to the alliance were defender is in.
    Yeah, this doesn't exist!

I got my first attack from a level 70 when I was level 45. Today I hit that person from an RV at dawn, burning his castle and taking a load of special resources. I didn't even need special res, but wanted to do a bit more damage.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 28.02.2015
    Gaining level 70 basically does nothing for attacking players below them in terms of level. You can send 4 waves, you can send 1040 attackers, you can send the same amount of tools as anyone else attacking that level.. The only difference for level 70's is the difference of attacking level 70's with more troops and more waves/bonuses if they have a high enough legendary level with upgrades.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
    edited 28.02.2015
    Eric768 wrote: »
    Gaining level 70 basically does nothing for attacking players below them in terms of level. You can send 4 waves, you can send 1040 attackers, you can send the same amount of tools as anyone else attacking that level.. The only difference for level 70's is the difference of attacking level 70's with more troops and more waves/bonuses if they have a high enough legendary level with upgrades.
    That's not entirely true. Most level 70s have been around awhile and have had time to build good comms and casts. They also have better castles = more troop capacity + more spies + faster recruitment
    Quit while you're ahead
  • Enclave2Enclave2 Posts: 11
    edited 28.02.2015
    Level 70 were hard enough to deal with now they have even more capacity frankly if they attack below level 70 they should have their bonuses removed, ie no bonus for attacking limited to single wave attacks no , alliance bonus, cut all the stuff that gives them an advantage and put them back on level terms. Frankly they should attack level 70 and be done with it start giving them honour penalties for below. The end result with this current policy means playing this game from level 50 up is just a slug fest of getting your castle burnt by every tom dick or harry. for example i have a level 70 legendary level 35 attacking a level 54 main castle in burning sands he got 3 glory for the attack this is the 4 th time he has done this, basically every time the guy puts out his fires he gets torched again, his game has now stalled and so to has the player interest, any new recruit usually builds up to level 50 then gone either they leave to go to a bigger group for protection or have to quit. its a real problem. Imbalance is just not on, either do what i suggest above or just stop the fires level 70 cause the lower levels bad enough they lose all their troops but then to saddle them with this never ending fire repair just makes the game boring and grossly unfair!
    Enclave2 @ au 1
    edited 28.02.2015
    heehee3 wrote: »
    That's not entirely true. Most level 70s have been around awhile and have had time to build good comms and casts. They also have better castles = more troop capacity + more spies + faster recruitment

well, if your smart and know how to play, then a new level 70 is about as strong in every kingdom (maybe besides fire) as a guy who has been lvl 70 for a while.

farm tons for loot, constantly work on building decorations, towers, buildings, etc in your castles, build all taverns, anything you can. as long as the older level 70 does not have tons of the new legendary buildings, they are about equal in power.

my green and ice, and sands castles were all max decor and max towers, walls, buildings, etc within 2 months of becoming lvl 70 (due to time to upgrade walls and towers which is done at lvl 70). other then minor adjustments to decor and tearing down a couple buildings its all about the same as before

so my spy count and recruiting speed is similar to that of a non heavy ruby buyer who was level 70 months before me.
    #ReviveLexx
    edited 28.02.2015
    Enclave2 wrote: »
    Level 70 were hard enough to deal with now they have even more capacity frankly if they attack below level 70 they should have their bonuses removed, ie no bonus for attacking limited to single wave attacks no , alliance bonus, cut all the stuff that gives them an advantage and put them back on level terms. Frankly they should attack level 70 and be done with it start giving them honour penalties for below. The end result with this current policy means playing this game from level 50 up is just a slug fest of getting your castle burnt by every tom dick or harry. for example i have a level 70 legendary level 35 attacking a level 54 main castle in burning sands he got 3 glory for the attack this is the 4 th time he has done this, basically every time the guy puts out his fires he gets torched again, his game has now stalled and so to has the player interest, any new recruit usually builds up to level 50 then gone either they leave to go to a bigger group for protection or have to quit. its a real problem. Imbalance is just not on, either do what i suggest above or just stop the fires level 70 cause the lower levels bad enough they lose all their troops but then to saddle them with this never ending fire repair just makes the game boring and grossly unfair!

so if i were to hit a lvl 69, who has almost the same kind of castle as me, high towers, high walls, high defense count, high soldier holding capacity... then i get 1 wave, no bonuses, even if at war, and then its level? i would be lucky to get past the walls!

there is a difference in hitting a lvl 50 who just joined fire and has almost nothing in their castle, and hitting a lvl 50 in green who has a strong castle.

so if you want to show us how to work around that.... and the problem of people being able to hit lvl 70s, but the 70's cant hit back without being penalized.... let me know.

no matter what, 1 group will ALWAYS have an advantage over the others. level 70's deserve the advantage rather then level 30's who occasionally get hit, because they have played and worked harder/longer to get as strong as they are.

your suggesting that GGE say "yeah you worked hard, yeah you bought lots of rubies, yeah you were so strong... but the lower level guys dont like the fact that they are not on top, so were gonna say screw you, you have to fight on a 100% even playing field, so now the really weak guys have a chance of beating the crap outa the strong guys"

and based on GGE past work... that would not be such an unrealistic possibility if it were not for the fact that GGS never helps out the lite people, they just give more power the the strong
    #ReviveLexx
  • bojack2bojack2 Posts: 27
    edited 28.02.2015
    For one a level 50 can beat a level 70 with defense ive seen it over and over , as for 10 level rule that many play is completely stupid, that was the old levi rule and look where it got them plus that rule was made when the highest was level 60 so it made more sense then than now, it angers me when a lower level(below 10 levels) hits me thinking i cant hit back well i teach them this , burn baby burn lol . This game is so close to real life wars except no one gets hurt and everyone crys when hit forgetting its a war game if you dont like it go play farmville
    bojack @ au 1
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 01.03.2015
    heehee3 wrote: »

But that has nothing to do with an individual battle.. Individual battles are completely fair between a level 70 and a level 51+. Which is what the point of this thread was about.

Would we rather have it as a level 51+ can attack a level 70, but a level 70 can't attack them back? How on earth is that fair?
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
Sign In to comment.