Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Best Outpost and Main castle layout

nice368nice368 Posts: 2
edited 21.03.2015 in Players ask Players
Hello, i would like to know if someone could show me a picture or give me a tip on how i can get the best castle resource production.

I am right now at level 52 and all my castles are fully expanded, i would like to know a good layout to maximize resource prod and public order.
Thanks!
Post edited by nice368 on
nice368 @ WWW 1

Comments

• edited 19.12.2014
    this works
    nXXzlQI.jpg
  • FamousGold (US1)FamousGold (US1) Posts: 337
    edited 19.12.2014
    Hideouts, LOTS AND LOTS of Hideouts
    FamousGold @ usa 1
  • shedlite (US1)shedlite (US1) Posts: 64
    edited 25.02.2015
    FamousGold wrote: »
    Hideouts, LOTS AND LOTS of Hideouts

actually 39 hideouts at level 3(81900 protected storage) will protect all resources (level 7 store house holds 81000) - or 38 +castle and castalien with increase safe storage gems.
    it will take up just over 1/4 available space in a fully upgraded castle
    if you add to that a maxed out strong hold (500 protected troops) there would really be no reason to use defensive troops just hide attack troops in stronghold
    no defensive troops=low glory earned by attacker (even with banners armed civilians don't give much glory)
    no resources to loot (all protected)
    that pretty much eliminates 90% of all attacks on your castle
    only thing to worry about is shady character quest and someone trying to get honor and of course holding on to rv's (so i guess you still need defensive troops to protect rv's)
    that's not a bad idea if you want to be left alone
    shedlite @ usa 1
  • Highness Ho (GB1)Highness Ho (GB1) Posts: 2,763
    edited 25.02.2015
    Ideally, go for 0 stone/woodcutters and get farms don to about 10%/13% production rate and the rest PO. Just like Wolfman's pic
    King Highness Ho @ en 1
    I AM A DUDE
    I don't buy rubies

Want a certain castle to go up in flames??? Visit My Bounty Hunting Thread!

Forum member of the month March 2015 WOOOHOOO!!!! Thanks all!!!

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" (rubies) ~Sun Tzu

I am Catman! The New SuperHero!!!

Member of the Cat family, including Graycat,Elliotell
  • heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 25.02.2015
    shedlite wrote: »
    actually 39 hideouts at level 3(81900 protected storage) will protect all resources (level 7 store house holds 81000) - or 38 +castle and castalien with increase safe storage gems.
    it will take up just over 1/4 available space in a fully upgraded castle
    if you add to that a maxed out strong hold (500 protected troops) there would really be no reason to use defensive troops just hide attack troops in stronghold
    no defensive troops=low glory earned by attacker (even with banners armed civilians don't give much glory)
    no resources to loot (all protected)
    that pretty much eliminates 90% of all attacks on your castle
    only thing to worry about is shady character quest and someone trying to get honor and of course holding on to rv's (so i guess you still need defensive troops to protect rv's)
    that's not a bad idea if you want to be left alone
    This is even more pathetic than a fire cast. Might as well quit and go back to farmville.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • edited 25.02.2015
    Actually it sounds smart enough though I'd rather try and mix a fire cast with some loss to looting to save space for po.
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 25.02.2015
    heehee3 wrote: »
    This is even more pathetic than a fire cast. Might as well quit and go back to farmville.

Why not do both, nothing stopping you having firecaste and 39 holdouts, plus stronghold and firestation!
    Lord Roj @ en 1
    edited 25.02.2015
    Lord Roj wrote: »
    Why not do both, nothing stopping you having firecaste and 39 holdouts, plus stronghold and firestation!
    Oh god... I am going to make a comm for 90% melee 70% fires and 5% chance of destroying buildings.

Do you?

A) Defend
    B) Burn
    C) Open Gates and hand over resources
    Quit while you're ahead
    edited 26.02.2015
    ben3211232 wrote: »
    I think showing them the castle of the top of the top Ruby Whales isn't going to get them no where.

I'd would say for the main: 5 wood buildings, 5 stone buildings. 6 or more Food production buildings. Some space for the regular buildings (Estate, Keep, Barracks, Workshops, etc.), And use the rest of the room for Decorations and the Park and stuff.

If you need Dwellings to help you survive, you have to do the xp quests for it first and later start destroying some and spreading them out throughout all of your castles.

But for the best thing you should do is try to make it so you don't have to rely to much on gold production.You can loot NPCs for gold. I hope this helps :)
    12 Farmhouses is deemed best. And, just use a ruby whale layout with castle gardens.
    Quit while you're ahead
  • KeenanxboxKeenanxbox Posts: 1,640
    edited 26.02.2015
    PM me ingame,I think I know the best castle layouts possible and I can answer any question on why I do/don't have a specific building
    Keenanxbox- War Marshall @ Free Kingdoms

Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-12.30.51-PM-300x151.png
  • bess22 (GB1)bess22 (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 26.02.2015
    The hideout plan is daft, it may protect your resources once you have them, but by wasting space on hideouts, you seriously reduce the amount of resources you produce in the first place. In my main, I have 12 farmhouses, and 6 each quarries and woodcutters. all spare space should be filled with either parks or castle gardens depending on level, this will boost the public order, and hence the production bonus for all production buildings.

In outposts, don't be tempted to build too many woodcutters or stone quarries (depending on the type of op) as I often see people doing. limit your self to 10 or 12, and build parks/gardens, the boost in production will be greater than you would get from extra buildings, as production diminishes the more woodcutters etc you build.

Hope this helps.
    bess22 @ en 1
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    edited 26.02.2015
    bess22 wrote: »
    The hideout plan is daft, it may protect your resources once you have them, but by wasting space on hideouts, you seriously reduce the amount of resources you produce in the first place. In my main, I have 12 farmhouses, and 6 each quarries and woodcutters. all spare space should be filled with either parks or castle gardens depending on level, this will boost the public order, and hence the production bonus for all production buildings.

In outposts, don't be tempted to build too many woodcutters or stone quarries (depending on the type of op) as I often see people doing. limit your self to 10 or 12, and build parks/gardens, the boost in production will be greater than you would get from extra buildings, as production diminishes the more woodcutters etc you build.

Hope this helps.

Way to many woodcutters and stone worker. In main (pre lvl 70) you want:

12 farms
    4 stone / 4 wood
    3 taverns
    3-6 guardhouses (no more)
    1-5 dwellings - I never built more than 5, I still have build 6 dwellings quest, you don't need these and they are boring, just attack towers. Later you want 1.
    Windmill
    Stone and wood boosting building, but destroy as soon as your lvl 5 towers done.
    All parks / gardens

In OPs (do not have any non food OP!)
    food6 - 14 farms / 4 wood building or 3 stone
    food 8 - 16 farms / 4 wood buildings or 3 stone
    3-6 guardhouses (no more)
    Windmill
    Stone and wood boosting building, but destroy as soon as your lvl 5 towers done.
    1 dwelling
    All parks / gardens.

Build maceman army and loot every ruin within 100 clicks for resources
    Lord Roj @ en 1
    edited 28.02.2015
    h1aUjDc.png

• ciam2ciam2 Posts: 31
    edited 28.02.2015
    Resourse/Miltary buildings on one side, and decortive items on the other.
    ciam @ usa 1
  • Lenobah (US1)Lenobah (US1) US1 Posts: 112
    edited 28.02.2015
    Keenanxbox wrote: »
    h1aUjDc.png
    Not bad O.O looking at it on the map right now to. Why the 2 guard houses though? Seems like they wouldn't make much of a difference with incoming espo/sabos.

Proud Member of REBELSUNITED
    edited 28.02.2015
    Lenobah wrote: »
    Not bad O.O looking at it on the map right now to. Why the 2 guard houses though? Seems like they wouldn't make much of a difference with incoming espo/sabos.
    I catch one every now and again and throwing research and new guard levels the numbers for getting caught will be much higher

edited 28.02.2015
    its 5200 normally but didn't notice my overseer and premium just ran out..keep in mind I have natty decorations

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 28.02.2015

Screw gems for causing all this, and screw god commanders for being the root cause of all of it..
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Lexx7Lexx7 Posts: 1,846
    edited 28.02.2015
    Oh god... I am going to make a comm for 90% melee 70% fires and 5% chance of destroying buildings.

Do you?

A) Defend
    B) Burn
    C) Open Gates and hand over resources

i would
    D) send him resources directly to save time
    RIP Eric768, true forum warrior and GGE king
    #ReviveLexx
  • shedlite (US1)shedlite (US1) Posts: 64
    edited 18.03.2015

I have no clue what a fire cast is or how you get one. Actually i quit farmville it got boring and required to much time to achieve anything. I get that you think that set up is stupid(39 hideouts) but the question is would you attack it? keep in mind you would gain no resources. an attack with only armed civilians for defense will net you less than 100 glory (that's with banners) what would be the point? other than doing shady character quest (where you would only need about 100 attack troops to win) there is no reason to attack which was my point to begin with. limit what a person gains in an attack and they will not attack....there is no profit in it. even if you do attack, you burn a few buildings (maybe on a rare occasion turn one into rubble) they could counter with as much as 2000 attack troops (even if you hit all ops in great kingdom at same time)
    and my understanding even with fire cast, you still get resources and glory, it just prevents damage to buildings...my idea is better. no resources low glory = no attack which means no buildings on fire, it achieves same results but lose nothing (except PO)
    shedlite @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file