Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Rubies

If you are rich, or have money to spare, then you can be at the top of the game in one day. Buy a hundred dollars worth of rubies at the right time and you can have 1000 OP troops at your castle. I know that this would probably never happen as the owners of this game want to make more money rather than make it fair, but decrease the amount of bonus troop chests and troops you get with them. It would make the game much for fair and based on skill, not just who has the biggest wallet.
ccknoeppel @ usa 1
Post edited by ccknoeppel (US1) on

Comments

• enick98 (US1)enick98 (US1) US1 Posts: 359
    edited 01.12.2014
    you realize if you don't spend as often you get better offers? I got 1,200 troops with only 10 United states dollars
    enick98 @ USA1
    "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Some famous person had to have quoted this sometime in the past.
  • ydm2ydm2 Posts: 238
    edited 01.12.2014
    -gimley wrote: »
    i am fed up with ruby buyers getting the easy way out. Having loads of rubies makes it a whole lot easier to earn xp win battles and level up fast. It isn't even a challenge when you have rubies! A little bit of rubies is ok but thousands at one time is absolutely ridiculous... For me, i dont waste money on a virtual pc game when i can save my money for something important like college or a car. I actually am patient enough for the 10 hour upgrades to finish and wait for recruitments to be done as well as tools to be constructed! For me, i like waiting... It makes it more realistic. Every now and then, yes, i will buy like 1,000 rubies to pass the time a bit. But that is not often at all. My point is, deals for rubies like what ccknoeppel said is kinda over the top. Especially for ruby buyers that have lots of greens to spend. Maybe higher level players and ruby buyers should feel what it is like for people like me who dont have money to spend... Ggs needs to cool it on the insane ruby deals! This is just my opinion on this topic. I may have taken this too far, i would like it if people kept the comments to themselves on my reply.

100% true!
    I play as YDM on The USA Server, if you have any questions send me an in-game Message.
  • therealsporer (US1)therealsporer (US1) Posts: 2,266
    edited 01.12.2014
    -gimley wrote: »
    I am fed up with ruby buyers getting the easy way out. Having loads of rubies makes it a whole lot easier to earn XP win battles and level up fast. It isn't even a challenge when you have rubies! A little bit of rubies is ok but thousands at one time is absolutely ridiculous... .

Just to clarify, the point at which it becomes unfair in your book is at about the $0.75 level?
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Former whatever,
    Proud nothing.
    If I do something you need to know about, you'll know.

What is the face of a coward?
    The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • ccknoeppel (US1)ccknoeppel (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 01.12.2014
    0.75$ level? I have never seen rubies sold for that price. Half the people in my alliance are being attacked by a person below level 20 who is attacking with thousands of demon hunters and assassins. That is what is unfair, and the only way we can stop these attacks would be buy spending money on rubies and troops ourselves.
    Someone in my alliance who recently joined is doing the exact same thing and attacking their alliance with thousands of ruby bought troops. I am thankful to him for doing so, but it is to easy to get these troops and people who don't buy rubies have no way of defending against these people.

PS: Thank you ED for attacking those guys :)
    ccknoeppel @ usa 1
  • TRIGGER.1TRIGGER.1 Posts: 14
    edited 01.12.2014
    enick98 wrote: »
    you realize if you don't spend as often you get better offers? I got 1,200 troops with only 10 United states dollars
    bs...gge is always looking for way to pry your money out of your pocket, even if it takes a hammer and crow bar...i only joined this "free" game cause they said it was FREE and i was poor and broke with a broken leg...they lie...a lot...dont let gge fool you...
    TRIGGER.1 @ usa 1
    edited 01.12.2014
    that is another lie...many posts are sent by gge, dont believe 90% of their hype...
    TRIGGER.1 @ usa 1
    edited 01.12.2014
    i totally agree...there are ass holes out there that have cheat codes(gge) and/or have thousands of dollars to blow,
    i would rather buy a nice car...
    TRIGGER.1 @ usa 1
  • BscGamerUserBscGamerUser Posts: 1
    edited 01.12.2014
    There is nothing fair in this world the rubies are expensive and the they throw in the spin a wheel 1 free spin then you get cards for3 free spins well you spin time get a prize an then it says buy tickets. I scratch my head and think I have 2 more free spins ( no no no not )in gg games figuring. They have a lot f bugs which need to be worked out because see a lot of castle and outposts in ruin They have a lot of problems that need to be ixed.
    BscGamerUser @ WWW 1
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 01.12.2014
    Ah, nothing changes on here.
    TRIGGER.1 wrote: »
    bs...gge is always looking for way to pry your money out of your pocket, even if it takes a hammer and crow bar...i only joined this "free" game cause they said it was FREE and i was poor and broke with a broken leg...they lie...a lot...dont let gge fool you...

Yup, GGS want money from you. They are a business, that is what businesses do. And yup, the game is free, you don't have to spend a single penny on it. You may miss out on some premium features of the game but you are not required to spend anything to play. Y'know, in the same way you can test drive a car for free but can't then just keep it.
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • edited 01.12.2014
    My suggestion... get a better job, cut back on some things, etc. Don't blame people being greedy for living in a world that revolves around money. Don't blame players who spend THEIR OWN MONEY on a pc game because you put more of an effort on your castle, they put the same amount of effort plus in their jobs to pay for their castles, they just do it faster.
    King2015 @ usa 1
  • edited 01.12.2014
    'realsporter'

xD Most people won't even understand what you are saying. Like that one under your post. Definitly...

They dont grasp the clue what these kind a games are made for.
  • Pipplepepper (GB1)Pipplepepper (GB1) Posts: 509
    edited 01.12.2014
    I'm more than aware GGS need to sell rubies for the game to prosper. All for it. I buy a moderate number of rubies - but can't afford to blow them very often.

I was amazed by one the ruby offers I had to wade through today (yes, wade though GGS - logging on is becoming more tiresome) XP points for rubies? That really the way the game is going? Really?
    Pipplepepper @ en 1

No to tribute update.
  • ccknoeppel (US1)ccknoeppel (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 01.12.2014
    I am not saying get rid of buying rubies. Im all for it. But being able to get a few hundred troops by buying them should not be allowed.
    ccknoeppel @ usa 1
  • keep excaliburkeep excalibur Posts: 155
    edited 02.12.2014
    ccknoeppel wrote: »
    If you are rich, or have money to spare, then you can be at the top of the game in one day. Buy a hundred dollars worth of rubies at the right time and you can have 1000 OP troops at your castle. I know that this would probably never happen as the owners of this game want to make more money rather than make it fair, but decrease the amount of bonus troop chests and troops you get with them. It would make the game much for fair and based on skill, not just who has the biggest wallet.
    and thats the benefits you get for floating your life savings to gge and i dont see why this is bad (apart from the life savings bit)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    everything is awesome
    except gge with there recent greedy updates
    but for gge everything is awesome, when there are more levels to a bakeryyy
    everything is awesome when buildings need chracoal!
    just my song about gge
    i am Baron Keep excalibur in international cor ords: 921 697 i have 1864 honour im level 15 and im a proud member of 300 Order
  • Emporer Hagi (GB1)Emporer Hagi (GB1) Posts: 77
    edited 02.12.2014
    Really guys there are 2 sides to this

yes there are players who can buy success, and there is also the need to make money (GGS being a business and all)

Agree thee is too much focus on rubys,

the following I think were poor ruby additions/advantages

S-comms/casts
    speeding up building
    being now able to purchase legendary XP pts

maybe a few others I am missing

but you know you can get between 1k and 5k ruby a week from Rb's and Sand/Ice/Fire towers depending on effort

The problem is when you have customers throwing money at ya, any business is likely to go for the safe bucks and basically try and keep the biggest payers happy

Its hard to strike a balance so they are retaining non ruby players and also allowing the smaller spenders to compete to some extent with the big boys

I have seen players in capital teams not spend a single penny and compete with ruby whales, if you knw what yu are doing you can compete, but possibly there should be more scope for this, but realistically they are not gonna want to make it too easy to play well and not pay.

Maybe a better way would be to limit amounts that can be bought a month, but then to get the revenue they would have to make it almost impossible to compete without ruby which would force people to buy small amounts of ruby,

I doubt much can be changed on this front short of charging subscription, and that would mean all the kids playing for free would be lost instantly.

Im not sure how this one can be solved, but there is without doubt a large gap that is getting larger at the top
    Emporer Hagi @ en 1
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 02.12.2014
    In order to get it right, GGS need to make players want to buy rubies. Buying rubies should be as casual as a "free-to-play" game is and should be an enjoyable experience which it really isn't. GGS capitalise on the addictive nature of a person by systematically conditioning and manipulating players right from level 0. It's really quite clever when you stop and think about it. It's also pretty wrong and eventually backfires when players catch wind (which they are doing now). There will be some players who are unaffected by GGS' clever tricks but there will be plenty of others who get taken in by it all.

It happened to me. I had to break myself out of the "ruby routine" several months ago due to real-world financial responsibilities. The increased display of greed and disregard for their customers by GGS did make this transition a very easy one however, as I became less inclined to play and happy to leave the game if the choice between that and playing to their ruby tune had to be made.

Truth be told, had they reigned themselves in a bit, I'd still be buying regular (yet small) amounts of rubies; probably each payday. However, I won't do that anymore. How many others are out there playing this game not buying rubies for the same reason?

GGS made a great game. They sucked in their customer base and then they brought in psychologists and data analysts to squeeze us for every penny. That was their plan from the start and is what disgusts me. Their cleverly worded updates. Lack of respect for customers. Lack of basic discussion with their customers. When a company treats you this badly, it becomes very easy to no longer buy off them.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Emporer Hagi (GB1)Emporer Hagi (GB1) Posts: 77
    edited 02.12.2014
    Chris2307, completely agree there is a more than sinister aspect of the way ruby addiction is blatently cultivated.

Moral fibre is not at the core of the decision making
    Emporer Hagi @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file