Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

My take on the new update (Constructive)

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
Okay, so here is my take on the new update and it's not all bad. Firstly, I think it's great that you've finally done more and put effort in to bolstering the game content. As a level 70, it is nice to have XP points mean something again. However, as with all "good" updates, there are aspects which I don't think you've thought through properly.

1. Putting fires out with kingdom resources. This aspect of the update is the worst in my opinion. How is a low level player in a small alliance expected to find oil or glass easily when they may not be in that specific Kingdom yet? I understand you're trying to push players in a direction you choose but this is silly. My suggestion would be to include kingdom resources (Coal, Oil etc...) for putting out fires in their respective kingdoms only.

2. The main castle needs to be expanded. We're running out of room! We can only build Iron mines in our main and not in outposts which is frustrating. The space in our main castles are at a premium whilst our outposts consist of mainly farms and PO items. My suggestion would be to let us build iron mines in any castle in Green.

3. We're now in a position where we need to ship Kingdom resources around. If I have a building upgrade or a fire that requires Coal and Oil then I must send Coal first, wait two hours and then send Oil (or vice versa). Again, I believe this is your attempt to push us in to hurrying deliveries with rubies but I think this is too far once more. My suggestion is that you now give us the ability to ship resources over from different Kingdoms simultaneously.

I am lucky that I am in a position where I don't need to upgrade the Keep to level 5 again or towers or farms. I am lucky as I am set up in each Kindgom and can loot Kingdom resources from towers (good addition!) but others aren't so. Lower players will struggle more with this update and you simply hinder their progress!

Please take the above three main points in to consideration... for the good of player growth and overall game expansion.
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on
Chris2307 @ en 1

Comments

• Volibear3Volibear3 Posts: 1
    edited 18.11.2014
    Well put. As a lower level player I salute you.
    Volibear @ WWW 2
  • daveandchelldaveandchell Posts: 75
    edited 18.11.2014
    Sorry Chris, totally disagree with some of your points because this is simple nothing more than yet another way to force rubies out of us

Already people are saying that you have gone too far and you have. this game was fun 12 months or more ago NOT anymore now it is just a never ending money pit. Ongoing poorly thought out upgrades all to screw more rubies out of the players. Never ending bugs and glitches which you don't bother sorting out before you get your next ruby drive uploaded

It is quite simple GGS you are driving people from the game because you have become totally insatiable in your drive for people to buy more rubies. Your KILLING the game you total fools
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • Aurelius6Aurelius6 Posts: 49
    edited 18.11.2014
    I agree with hakHat and Daveandchell (I will need a shower after this). It is nothing but greed to get people to spend more rubies. Charcoal to build a tree.....get real.

Revoke this update GGE beofre everyone leaves.

Aurelius
    Aurelius @ en 1
  • edited 18.11.2014
    I agree with Aurelius6 (just had 2 showers) :). I have spent thousands on this game, my choice and I have the cash but I play this pixillated poor graphics bug infested game because of the people and the craick. Im in an alliance with a lot of non ruby players or peeps who can only afford £20 a month.

They are all thinking of quitting and why should I continue to play this game when the reasons for me being here will be gone. Stupid, thick, retarded, greedy only a few of the nice words I can say about GGE and the morons who thought this up.

You are killing the game and how do you expect people to put fires out or transfer resources they haven't got?? they cant afford to play the game this way you dumb asses.

So here is my suggestion...get together in a room and have a Lemon Party, then go for a meatspin and chow down on a blue waffle. Maybe then you will come out with some sensible suggestions :)

All my love Pony4

Sexiest Pony on the server :)
  • Whiplash3Whiplash3 Posts: 1
    edited 18.11.2014
    I have been in this game for a while and this is the worst update every. You have already driven many people from the game and this will drive away more and discourage new players.
    Whiplash @ usa 1
  • alan0493 (GB1)alan0493 (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 18.11.2014
    ive had to tell my kids that one of their accounts has to be deleted and to share one as i couldn't afford to pay for 3 now with this "wonderful" update i cant afford 2 so iv'e to tell my kids they will have no castle now thanks a lot guys
    alan0493 @ en 1
  • Hyena4Hyena4 Posts: 6
    edited 18.11.2014
    Hi Chris

Constructive criticism is always refreshing. I think, however, that there really is no constructive middle ground here. The changes made all make the game much more difficult and frankly frustrating - and that is for those players who have access to all resources (level 70's).

The only aspect of your comments I agree with, is the idea to make all the castles bigger, most particularly the Main Castle. That way, one could potentially look at an extra resource type for the game. However, the resource should not be utilised somewhere where one can not obtain it (unless of course it can be transferred with no waiting time). The waiting time to transfer between lands is a killer and a frustration.

All in all, GGE have an opportunity to show their players that they respect them, by listening to the enormous majority and scrapping this thing in it's entirety. My concern is that they will try to find a compromise and frankly these changes are so outlandish, that I don't see a compromise as a solution. GGE can win favour back by hearing the calls... Let's see what they do....
    Hyena @ WWW 2
  • ManasRulerManasRuler Posts: 487
    edited 18.11.2014
    HakHat wrote: »
    don't give them any suggestions to facilitate this update. demand that they revoke it all together ! its an absolute pain in the ass

I agree completely
    The Strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf

ManasRuler @ WWW 1

Level 62
    Count palatine

Yoloswagwarrior @ USA1

ManasRuler @ Aus1

Please help us in this wiki:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire

I'm about 26.136363636363637% Insane
  • Liberis2Liberis2 Posts: 24
    edited 18.11.2014
    pony4 and alan0493 are absolutely correct.

Pricing us out of the game. I don't know how us lower levels are meant to keep up if we can't put out fires. I am lucky to be in an alliance with some level 70s who will help but what about those who aren't?

I understand the need to expand the game for those at level 70; this was overdue. However I don't know why the resource demands are made even more prohibitive for those below level 70. Ideally it should be relatively quick to reach max level and then the demands can increase since you probably have access to all kingdoms.
    Liberis @ en 1
  • ANNET4 (GB1)ANNET4 (GB1) Posts: 13
    edited 18.11.2014
    Well said Chris and as to having to use them to put out fires, it's ridicules. A level 39 in my alliance has just posted the following on chat "What a joke as a level 39, can't be in sand or fire, but need 1242 oil and 1097 glass to put out a tower fire". I sort of wish I hadn't given him an op with level 5 towers now. Time to leave the game I think.
    ANNET4 @ en 1
  • Emma_charlotte (GB1)Emma_charlotte (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    edited 18.11.2014
    Well done gg I love this game but now you have made me want to quit it with your ridiculous attempts at trying to get more money out of us. I am on fire in ice, sands and one op in greeen due to the recent war we have been in which wasn't a problem as I was happy to put each fire out with resources but now how can I? I am not in fire so I hasve no access to glass my output of oi; is shocking and with the amount lost in shipping it would take me forever to ship out the required amount for one fire. I am still at 10K in rubies to put my sands fires out despite repairing nonstop for over a week now so how long will it take now especially as I have no access / limited access to some materials. I cannot go to fire at the moment as it will be a weak point which I can't afford also it will use up more of my kingdom resources. I know how I can get around using resources I don't have I can use rubies to fire fight with. Wrong instaed I will just let them carry on burning. At this point I feel like saying f~~k it and quitting. Everyone that is in my alliance that is also on at this moment is also saying the same and/or opting out ruby buying until this issue is resolved. Stop trying to make us always use rubies whether to ship goods about or to buy things/firefight, stop making it an unfair playing ground where non/part ruby players can not compete. I do buy rubies but I am not a ruby whale and I rufused to be pushed into buying/speding rubies when it is not needed.
    Emma_charlotte @ en 1
  • kaafy (NL1)kaafy (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2
    edited 18.11.2014
    I'll wait a couple of days. Ma be peopel at gg will come to sense again.
    iF not: considere me out of this game.
    kaafy @ nl 1
  • kanies25kanies25 Posts: 2
    edited 18.11.2014
    GGS ????? are you lost your minds?
    What are you trying to do? I will definitely not spend any £ to put fire out or to upgrade something in my castle..... now even to upgrade a guardhouse i need resources from other land.... IT IS A JOKE !!!!!

with no respect and no regarding in this matter... kanies25
    kanies25 @ en 1
  • JuJu BabyJuJu Baby Posts: 2
    edited 18.11.2014
    I agree too many corrections need to be made to make this reasonable. Im dead in the water for 2 hrs and more...lvl 31...my focus in winter was to gain resource villages so I could afford to build the coal features...now I have troops that can die in green because I cant upgrade farms...and no quest in green have coal either....no starter pack of coal to keep us playing as we transition to new requirements. Not cool..really it needs more work.
    JuJu Baby @ usa 1
  • blackphoenix22blackphoenix22 Posts: 24
    edited 18.11.2014
    Is this really a joke? One kingdom is one kingdom, Not two. I can still attack in green without having soldiers in Ice, Sands or Fire, So why should it be changed for repairing telling me i need res in other kingdoms to repair buildings in Green. GGE need to take it back, There will be alot of players leaving the way you are bringing these stupid updates in its beyond greedy now.
    James Haydon
  • schawny (US1)schawny (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    edited 18.11.2014
    I just gave someone 45 fires to their castle last night
    That guy is facing serious problems today

He will need charcoal and oil to put out the fires----

If he doesn't have either resource.. he will never be able to put them out... and so-- his game is done.

REAL SMART GGE-- way to get players to quit

Including me--- If you don't take away this new update.. i will not play-- hence no more buying Rubles.
    It will save me so much money, actually i should thank you, I finally found a great reason to walk away from this game
    schawny @ usa 1
  • Ole LauridsenOle Lauridsen Posts: 2
    edited 18.11.2014
    Its time too stop, all you are thinking abaut is mooneyand I dont want too pay
    Ole Lauridsen @ skn 1
  • Liberis2Liberis2 Posts: 24
    edited 19.11.2014
    What have they actually done? Just made building up and therefore competing with stronger, established players and alliances, a heck of a lot harder. Try starting in a new kingdom when you're at war with some of the strongest alliances out there. We had the choice of starting in a new kingdom whenever we wanted, not any more. GGE is forcing us into a bottleneck, the opposite of a tactically-minded game.
    Liberis @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file