Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Constant Server Crashes

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
edited 07.10.2014 in Technical Assistance
Third night in a row...

We all know this game is rife with bugs and regularly crashes but this is the third night now the UK server has ground to a halt (bang on midnight). When will this be sorted before someone takes advantage of a regular server crash in the late evenings?

I struggle to fathom why a simple 2D game breaks so often...
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on
Chris2307 @ en 1

Comments

• edited 05.10.2014
    I think its because berimond is running along with storm, causing it to crash constantly. . .server cant handle it
    kebolovesyou @ en 1
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 05.10.2014
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    Third night in a row...

We all know this game is rife with bugs and regularly crashes but this is the third night now the UK server has ground to a halt (bang on midnight). When will this be sorted before someone takes advantage of a regular server crash in the late evenings?

I struggle to fathom why a simple 2D game breaks so often...

Server hasn't crashed on USA for a while. I guess GGE like us more :)
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
  • kavoca (GB1)kavoca (GB1) Posts: 29
    edited 05.10.2014
    I just asked same question, I guess this is what I am experiencing atm, can't get log in page just comes up sharpening swords and thats it?
    kavoca @ en 1
  • superdave2178superdave2178 Posts: 22
    edited 05.10.2014
    yeah 3rd night in a row for me, US at 1am, either moves really slow (delayed) or not at all, cmon GGE!
    superdave2178 @ usa 1
  • jamman (US1)jamman (US1) US1 Posts: 115
    edited 05.10.2014
    Looks like it just crashed AGAIN!8|
    jamman @ usa 1
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 05.10.2014
    USA-1 is crashed right now
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

No longer liking GGS games.

To Captain Dunsel!
  • GeneP59 (US1)GeneP59 (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 05.10.2014
    What you talking about. This is the 4th night on USA server that it has crashed right at 1AM east coast time. I'm trying to collect coins and use chat with a 5 min lag on that. I'm tired of spending money on a second rate game

They're greed for cash with all these other world side wars and foreign attacks every month has sucked the life out of the once fun game to play. You can't even plan a war on another alliance without knowing that GGE's gone pull another attack of some kind.

I'm losing player left and right and even in our subs getting tired of GGE's chit.

Hows the greed working for you? Still making the kind of money you used to?
    GeneP59 @ usa 1
  • edited 05.10.2014
    guys gge will never admit their mistakes. They keep trying to sweep these issues under the rug. We've had 4 straight days of crashed server at around 1am. No responses from GGE. But of course, this means new updates with more lag. just what we needed. thanks gge.
    edited 05.10.2014
    Crap-tastic as the game gets less fun and more a pain
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • shadowwolf22shadowwolf22 Posts: 18
    edited 05.10.2014
    Lovely, just as I was being attacked in Berimond for final stand, couldnt log on, couldnt do anything.

THANKS GGE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Try and Try again
    edited 05.10.2014
    And it crashed again
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • edited 05.10.2014
    crashed twice per day for the last 4 days. Oh what fun it is to play this "game". Just wondering what the tipping point for the rest of us fools that continue playing will be b4 we all get smart and leave.
  • RulerAnuj3RulerAnuj3 Posts: 43
    edited 05.10.2014
    I think it crashes at 0:03 every night (English time), takes about 15 minutes to reload. Thats very annoying and needs to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RulerAnuj @ en 1
    General of The 10th Legion
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 05.10.2014
    kili19 wrote: »
    guys gge will never admit their mistakes. They keep trying to sweep these issues under the rug. We've had 4 straight days of crashed server at around 1am. No responses from GGE. But of course, this means new updates with more lag. just what we needed. thanks gge.

Of course they won't admit a mistake! They'll reply to this thread (maybe) on Monday morning saying they're aware of it and to make sure we clear our cache!!! It'll get filed away in their ever-growing bug list to be fixed in about 4 months time... just as long as it doesn't take time away from them developing a new way of ripping us off.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 06.10.2014
    Make that four nights in a row. Something you need to get sorted as priority please GGS.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Reister (GB1)Reister (GB1) Posts: 69
    edited 06.10.2014
    Yeah its been doing it for me as well, same time every night. The game becomes unplayable, can't open anything, can't do anything. So re-log to try and fix it and then it gets stuck loading the game on 'Sharpening the Swords' ... obviously this sharpening is a long and complicated process.
    Reister @ en 1
    edited 06.10.2014
    Yep, is 1am and another night of server crashes.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • orel570 (US1)orel570 (US1) US1 Posts: 515
    edited 06.10.2014
    thanks GGE, fix this!
    Orel570 @ USA1

Weakest player in MU
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• edited 06.10.2014
    almost 1am on the dot, starts with lags and then crashes. Day 5, the struggle lives on unanswered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file