Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!


ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.


If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: New Gem Changes + More Veterans

1610

Comments

  • enick98 (US1)enick98 (US1) US1 Posts: 359
    edited 25.08.2014
    hi elendil
    well , you are wrong
    as usual en you move your castle , you cant move again for 30 days if I remenber it right I moved my castle times and again , and i should have waited 30 days t move again and there is no ruby skipping option so it is ok , dot worry about that

    you are close but I recently had to start over (because my castle went to ruins and disappeared off the map) and I only have to wait 14 days to move my castle again
    enick98 @ USA1
    "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Some famous person had to have quoted this sometime in the past.
  • bob10101bob10101 Posts: 258
    edited 25.08.2014
    the highest level gem I have ever gotten from a tower is level 4. it would take 16 level 4s to make 1 level 5. it would take 31 level 5s to make 1 level 6. that's 500 level 4s for 1 level 6. assuming 20% chance to make 7,8,9,10, and I think it is less, you need over 300000000(300 million) level 4 gems to make a level 10 without rubies. that's supposed to be possible? with rubies you need about 40000, and over 10 million rubies, which would take at least half a year and $3600, to make 1 level 10 gem. greed or idiocy or both?
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 25.08.2014
    bob10101 wrote: »
    greed or idiocy

    IDIOCY: something that is extremely stupid or foolish



    I'll give you another example. When it comes to GGS, they think 1 and 100 is about the same number. If they are off by a factor of 100, they will go home for the weekend and fix the 2 digits whenever they get around to fixing it.

    This has happened at least more than once. The most noteworthy example was during the first Storm Islands title reward. The prince of war received a 2000% attack power bonus instead of 20%.

    It is situations like this when we the players lose confidence in the development team. I wish GGS was as good at mathematics and economics as they are as good at patronizing you and collecting rubies.

    Why do you think I created the rule of 3 in my signature?


    p.s. The highest gem you can receive from a tower is a level 5 gem. Located from a level 71 tower in fire peaks. Some lower level gems can be purchased for charcoal, oil, and glass, but this doesn't change the rate of progression from level 5 gems upward in a meaningful way.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

    **the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

    Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 26.08.2014
    bob10101 wrote: »
    the highest level gem I have ever gotten from a tower is level 4. it would take 16 level 4s to make 1 level 5. it would take 31 level 5s to make 1 level 6. that's 500 level 4s for 1 level 6. assuming 20% chance to make 7,8,9,10, and I think it is less, you need over 300000000(300 million) level 4 gems to make a level 10 without rubies. that's supposed to be possible? with rubies you need about 40000, and over 10 million rubies, which would take at least half a year and $3600, to make 1 level 10 gem. greed or idiocy or both?

    Where do get those numbers from? I've created a Lv 5 by using 7 Lv 4... I agree that getting a Lv 10 is too impossible.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

    http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!


  • bob10101bob10101 Posts: 258
    edited 26.08.2014
    dreamtree wrote: »
    Where do get those numbers from? I've created a Lv 5 by using 7 Lv 4... I agree that getting a Lv 10 is too impossible.

    based on the odds of success, you need 16 level 4s on average to make a level 5.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • risesheena (GB1)risesheena (GB1) Posts: 524
    edited 26.08.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    We all know Steve is a good guy and it's not his fault. He is stuck trying to give us limited information from the development team.

    It's unfortunate that we are constantly patronized and this is the true reason our ire is roused towards him. In reality, our anger is directed at the development team and their 'pathetic attempts' at what they call 'new and exciting content'. We hope Steve can pass our anger directly to the development team in the hope they can produce a more useful product.

    there is already lvl 7, lvl 8 gems in play.. so there is something wrong in your calculations on how soon you can get it.
    risesheena @ en 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • billdo09 (US1)billdo09 (US1) US1 Posts: 375
    edited 26.08.2014
    lvl7 lvl8 yeah no doubt its alot of towers hit roob forged or from eq trader i bet those with level 8 didnt use coins


    billdo09 @ usa 1

  • socoolzachsocoolzach Posts: 7
    edited 26.08.2014
    Cool Update! But what about the new event that has been planned? Achievements have been leaked, therefore I found out about the new update! For the capitals, maybe if a alliance has 2 or more Capitals, they can get Elite Kingsguard troops. Just a thought.

    And no, I'm not giving any info about the new event, just in case I get banned. But IT is in the game, so.. yeah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Warning, pointless button!
    ?(:p?(
    See? Pointless!
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 26.08.2014
    Hey folks,
    longshanks wrote: »
    We all know Steve is a good guy and it's not his fault. He is stuck trying to give us limited information from the development team.

    It's unfortunate that we are constantly patronized and this is the true reason our ire is roused towards him. In reality, our anger is directed at the development team and their 'pathetic attempts' at what they call 'new and exciting content'. We hope Steve can pass our anger directly to the development team in the hope they can produce a more useful product.

    I am passing your feedback and suggestions on to the development team at every opportunity I get, which is why I'm thankful for the constructive feedback you guys have been giving in these threads. I can assure you that everything is being forwarded on, and I will always keep track of these discussion threads and update you on any information I receive.
    D1237 wrote: »
    I was being polite. Very polite actually. The mod was being impolite by saying what he said, IMO. That doesn't mean I dislike the mod. But sometimes they deserve an upbraiding - that is also their job, to take one when what they say makes no sense or what their bosses told them to say makes no sense. Just as I don't mean it personally, he shouldn't take it that way. Also, in addition - this issue with the gems has been known by him for a WHILE NOW. So its even more disrespectful IMO to say that. Hence why I said what I said.

    Sorry that you felt my comment was impolite or disrespectful, I didn't mean for it to come across that way! I'll let the team know about your continued concerns about the creation of higher level Gems. If there are specific points you would like me to mention, or suggestions on how to improve the system, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Steve.
  • eggeggegg (GB1)eggeggegg (GB1) Posts: 109
    edited 26.08.2014
    Hey folks,



    I am passing your feedback and suggestions on to the development team at every opportunity I get, which is why I'm thankful for the constructive feedback you guys have been giving in these threads. I can assure you that everything is being forwarded on, and I will always keep track of these discussion threads and update you on any information I receive.



    Sorry that you felt my comment was impolite or disrespectful, I didn't mean for it to come across that way! I'll let the team know about your continued concerns about the creation of higher level Gems. If there are specific points you would like me to mention, or suggestions on how to improve the system, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Steve.

    Just sit down with excel or something for ten minutes and work out how many gems you would need to forge just one level 10 gem. Then multiply that by the amount of commanders (12) and castellans (7) and then by 4 for each equipment type.

    If you suppose someone crazy were to get 100 gems at level ... 4? each day, which seems possible, how many days would it take to get 76 level 10 gems?

    If this is longer than your expected lifetime, then unless you want us to pass our accounts on to our granchildren or play this game on the moon... things got to change.
    Real Steel EN1

  • dragons sword 3dragons sword 3 Posts: 72
    edited 26.08.2014
    hi eggeggegg
    well, I don't disagree with you, it is more than impocible to get 76 level 10 gems , and we have to keep in mind that some times we should make 200 level 10 gems to put on each equipment because of this : let me put it in example, think that you have 75 level 10 gems ad only need 1 gem for a castellan but when you make the gem number 76 , it is for commander so you will need to make it again. plus, some times you don't like the gems effect and like another effect but you don't have it so you should get another that take's long. also , when you get a new equipment that is better than the old one , you need a new gem for that one!! and now the numbers are bigger than what you think !

    this is one of the biggest problems so steve , bro , if you are reading this , tell the GGE team to fix this problem .


    cheers
    dragons sword 3 @ WWW 2
  • daveandchelldaveandchell Posts: 75
    edited 26.08.2014
    It's quite simple the gems are a deliberately flawed system to try and enforce ruby improvement. My last 3 attempts to improve lvl 4 to 5 have failed and my failure rate level 3 to 4, supposedly 60% chance to improve continues to fail at close to 80%

    Naturally I will get no feedback here on the forum as I am always ignored by the moderators due to my failure to be suckered into buying rubies anymore due to the mass ruby drive that GGS is hellbent on driving forwards

    Customer focus, customer care has gone out the window and the fools at GGS do not give a flying fart about us the customer

    Well I know for fact I will never have gems at lvl 7 or more simply because I will not waste rubies improving them whether they are existing ones or the new version guaranteed to work. Unfortunately if you don't buy rubies in mass volume now you will be left behind. I have gone from being a heavy ruby buyer to non existant because the game is being trashed because of the pure disparity. Bit like the premier league really only the prawn sandwich brigade will be able to play soon

    And you want to know the issue with that GGS there are so many of those players available and when they are all that's left how long before they realise there is no skill or fun left in the game and disappear, where will you be then with no game left, simple enough to work out up a creek without a paddle as you'll lose what was a good income game to your business by being overly greedy and incredibly stupid
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • marste3marste3 Posts: 20
    edited 26.08.2014
    triangle wrote: »
    Now, you are, of course, not the same person as the people who argued against the changing into the new feature in the first example, but the general notion that people want whatever will benefit themselves most, rather than what is the most fair, is still very striking. At least from my perspective.

    Want is the key word. What do I want? Do I want all the pieces of legendary EQ I could have created instead? No, because everyone else was in the same exact position as me and that would be an unfair request. I was using it to highlight what a waste of time the gem introduction has been so far for me, and especially for those that are trying to better their EQ (or even those that spent money on the old gems).

    What I want, is in line with what you have written on your thread funnily enough, in particular what you have written about feedback inclusion. This is more of a pro-active way of handling updates/new additions and could prevent dissatisfaction in the future. I don't usually bother writing anything on these discussion threads because GGS will usually do what they want. Anyway, I haven't got anything more constructive to add, I doubt I will bother posting any more on these threads, the majority of things said fall on deaf ears. The flag update was by far the best update in recent times in my opinion. I will give them a thumbs up on that one! Cheerio.
    marste @ en 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 26.08.2014
    I think It should be easier to get higher level gems than it is right now but the price for attaching them may need to be increased. 200k coin to attach a Lv 10 gem seems fair. Gems have a lot less diversity than equipment.
    Equipment hunting is very different compared to gem hunting. Getting a good piece of equipment is hard but leveling it up is pretty easy. Getting a good gem is easy but leveling it up is very hard.
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

    http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!


  • daveandchelldaveandchell Posts: 75
    edited 26.08.2014
    Question is why should you have to pay anything to attach them anyway. Costs the earth to level the bloody things up because of the ridiculous fail rate and if you want to take them down at a later date you scrap them so charging to use them is a truly pathetic action on the part of GGS

    Must be said though their recent antics are nothing short of pathetic lets be honest about the situation. Only way to level them beyond level 5 is via rubies and to get them there costs an inordinately huge number of gems because the fail rates are set so far off what they should be as the possibility of successful levelling up does not correspond anywhere close to the stats that GGS quote

    Basically the gems are nothing more than yet another ruby robbery attempt by GGS the hellish expensive free game
    daveandchell @ en 1
  • DarkLord V79 (INT1)DarkLord V79 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 97
    edited 26.08.2014
    Well i would like to say somthing abut new event i think it will be a lot of fun, but also i would like to thanks my player BIGTtheMULLER who gave original idea for this evant and of coruse thank you GGE thay you did recognize a good idea of ​​which of course should develop.
    If I remember correctly BIGTtheMULLER gave his proposal for new event 05.07.2012. on forum.
    veljko1979 @ de 1
  • edited 26.08.2014
    So,

    GGE is at work in the evening, removing our comments. Why asking for discussing the update in the first place if you guys remove it anyway?
    Seems like u only wants the positive ones?
  • billdo09 (US1)billdo09 (US1) US1 Posts: 375
    edited 26.08.2014
    if it was easier to improve gems yall gotta realize it would only make the strong stronger ya know?


    billdo09 @ usa 1

  • bob10101bob10101 Posts: 258
    edited 27.08.2014
    billdo09 wrote: »
    if it was easier to improve gems yall gotta realize it would only make the strong stronger ya know?

    we don't want it to be easy, but half a year and $3600 or over 100 years for a max level gem is just wrong.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 27.08.2014
    "Heya folks,

    This update will be going live tomorrow between the usual hours of 9 am and 11:30 am CEST!"
    Good thing I checked because the information about the upcoming event pushed this update into obscurity...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

    http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!


Sign In to comment.