Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: New Gem Changes + More Veterans

Comments

• lionidas2lionidas2 Posts: 576
    edited 22.08.2014
    triangle wrote: »
    Excellent! I am very pleased with this portion of the update. Making gems give a permanent bonus will improve their reliability in battle, and thereby allow players to more successfully strategize with them. I see no downsides to this.

I'd also like to say that I very much like this part of the update. Although I doubt that many people will want to keep their old gems, the fact that GGS is making an effort to ensure that our previous investments of time, coins and rubies are still worth exactly what we agreed to, is an excellent step forward, and something that I would have liked to see a long time ago.

Again, I'd like to say that I am particularly happy with this part, not so much because of any particular bonus, but rather because the fact that GGS is now giving us this information, upfront, from the start and without any particular nagging on our part, is a significant step forward in the development of trust between GGS and it's fan-base. Do you guys have a new manager or something?

erm... This, is the only bonus that concerns me. If it becomes possible to put an additional 100, 50 or even 20 troops on the walls, it would seriously change the dynamics of battle. I hope you guys thought this through.
    Well, you are offering new and better troops to high level players for resources. Frankly, I think that's great. It represents a clear and deliberate step in the direction of making the gap between ruby and none ruby players smaller, and allowing lvl70 who don't have a capitol, who don't have full demon armies, and who don't have castles stuffed full of armorer tools, to nevertheless compete to a somewhat greater extent with such players.

Are these rewards special in some way? Or will they simply be additional rubies, resources and coins for the alliance fund?

Erm, why exactly is this being done? Doesn't this simply make it more easy for small, inexperienced players to accidentally move their castles to some distant place, without any possibility of returning to their previous spot?
    Aaaahh, the icing on the cake. Really, I must congratulate GGS on this update. It is not only well designed, but will also have a significant and hopefully positive effect on the game. Again, do you guys have a new boss or something?

The only real complaint I have is that the gems upgrading system has not been readdressed. The thing really is as good as unusable to anyone without a massive ruby supply, and even then it's a dubious question as to if all that is worth while.

well said triangle,when triangle said something im always intrested in reading what is he saying:)))
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 22.08.2014
    lionidas2 wrote: »
    well said triangle,when triangle said something im always intrested in reading what is he saying:)))

Wow, really? *blush*
    Well, thank you. I often wonder if my posts are worth the effort, so I'm glad to hear somebody thinks they are.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • enick98 (US1)enick98 (US1) US1 Posts: 359
    edited 22.08.2014
    is the update taking place? because the USA1 server just got closed for maintenance
    enick98 @ USA1
    "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Some famous person had to have quoted this sometime in the past.
  • bob10101bob10101 Posts: 258
    edited 22.08.2014
    would have been nice to have a little warning the server was going down, I have a feast going.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 22.08.2014
    It would be funny if that was the case, but I doubt it - its probably just extra maintance due to foreign invasion if I were to guess.
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif
    edited 22.08.2014
    and we don't get any warning that we cant play, or an expected down time? that's not right.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • Aacre (US1)Aacre (US1) Posts: 27
    edited 22.08.2014
    Hey, to me the 1 minute warning was kind of nice. :rolleyes:
    Aacre @ usa 1
    edited 22.08.2014
    I never saw a minute warning.
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 22.08.2014
    What the ****! No veteran archer?
    edited 22.08.2014
    how long should I expect it to be down?
    bob10101 @ usa 1
  • joe986joe986 Posts: 2
    edited 22.08.2014
    It's back.
    joe98 @ usa 1
  • Hori (GB1)Hori (GB1) GB1 Posts: 71
    edited 22.08.2014
    after last/todays update I've bought lvl3 gem from natives and it's the same as before... 13% chance of 15% less fire damage...

"
    The next update will contain the following features:
    (...)
    You will no longer be able to obtain the old gems in the game anymore.
    "..

so why I did?
    GGE - take this gem back and refund charcoal :)
    Hori @ en 1
  • GmanB (GB1)GmanB (GB1) Posts: 35
    edited 22.08.2014
    Why are you once again decreasing the value of holding a capital?

There are already many versions of superior troops than the benefits of holding a capital actually bring you.....now with the new Veteran KG's..........and this time with veteran troops that will be only a few power points less than KG's.........Make something that makes holding a capital worth while again as the way they look to stand now.......Metros will become the most important COP to hold. Make new troops for the Capital but make them consume for food.......or make them twice as much coin to recruit than normal KG's.......something needs to be done.
    GmanB @ en 1 Uknighted Deputy
  • edited 22.08.2014
    I don't say it very often but I like this update and can't wait for it. Only thing I have concerns about is keeping and still be able to improve old gems. I think that as long as when you forge using the old type of gems instead of getting an old type you get one of the new types.
    By now everyone probably has a bunch of the old type of gems so if it worked like that it would be great for everyone.
  • crusader44crusader44 Posts: 46
    edited 22.08.2014
    What will the travel speed be of the new vets with and without elite training?

What with the food consumption be of these new vets?
    If a boat is repaired so many times, that there are no original pieces remaining, is it still the same boat?

[email protected] youdontneedtoknow 1
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 22.08.2014
    I don't say it very often but I like this update and can't wait for it. Only thing I have concerns about is keeping and still be able to improve old gems. I think that as long as when you forge using the old type of gems instead of getting an old type you get one of the new types.
    By now everyone probably has a bunch of the old type of gems so if it worked like that it would be great for everyone.
    I want to keep my old type...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• marste3marste3 Posts: 20
    edited 22.08.2014
    So all the gems I have now will probably be inferior to the new gems?

Let's imagine the 309 gems I have collected were all rare pieces of equipment instead.

309/6 = 51 epic pieces

51/6 = 8 legendary pieces

So I could have potentially created 8 more pieces of legendary equipment since the introduction of gems instead. What a waste of time this gem update has been so far :(
    marste @ en 1
  • edited 22.08.2014
    Hm, am i the only one that likes the old gems?
    The possibility of activation is the most important thing of the gems. If this possibility is 100% then what the difference from the equipment? Now you can have for example x% for y KG in your keep. If you are lucky enough you can defend against a stronger opponent. That will be impossible as a player with stronger Gems will have always a better bonus than you.
    If it is possible just make better equipment but please don't change the percentage of activation of the Gems.
    iwannagail @ WWW 1
  • triangletriangle Posts: 425
    edited 23.08.2014
    marste3 wrote: »
    So all the gems I have now will probably be inferior to the new gems?

Let's imagine the 309 gems I have collected were all rare pieces of equipment instead.

309/6 = 51 epic pieces

51/6 = 8 legendary pieces

So I could have potentially created 8 more pieces of legendary equipment since the introduction of gems instead. What a waste of time this gem update has been so far :(
    Alright, let's take a hypothetical. Let us say that they introduce an update that decreases the strength of gems, and said that all old gems would be converted into the new one. Would you be happy then? No, you would say that you attacked the RBCs with the express expectation of gaining this particular type of gem, and that GGS was breaking an implicit understanding between the studio and the players, that when we attain an item or bonus, the value of that item remains the same.
    You attacked those RBCs knowing that these where the gems you would be getting. You weighed the benefits of sending that attack, including all resources, coins and gems, and found that the cost was less. Now saying that this decision resulted as a loss for you is silly, because by that decision you proved beyond doubt that you found the benefits to be greater than the costs.
    I believe that the fact that GGS is taking care to make sure that the value of the products of decisions we agreed to remains the same, is a very good step forward. If the value of items or bonuses is regularly changed with such updates, then it may be that the balance between cost and benefit in decisions we have already made is shifted. That is what I believe to be unfair, as it impacts decisions that we no longer have any influence over. And I consider it unfair, wether we gain from this change, or not.

iwannagail wrote: »
    Hm, am i the only one that likes the old gems?
    Probably, but not certainly, yes.
    The possibility of activation is the most important thing of the gems. If this possibility is 100% then what the difference from the equipment? Now you can have for example x% for y KG in your keep. If you are lucky enough you can defend
    Unfortunately, I personally do not consider battles being decided by whoever is the most "lucky" to be very good battles. This must be a difference in opinion, but I prefer chess matches over dice rolling.
    defend against a stronger opponent.
    If an opponent is stronger than you, shouldn't he win? If an opponent is stronger than you, but he loses due to a random luck generator, would't that be pretty unfair? I certainly think it is.
    That will be impossible as a player with stronger Gems will have always a better bonus than you.
    But in the current system, wouldn't the "stronger player" with better equipment and therefore better gems, have a better chance of getting those additional KG? A 10% chance for 100 additional troops, will end up working out as an average of 10 additional troops per battle. On average therefore, the current system simply allows the stronger player to win by even more.
    My Thoughts:
    Two years of Playing GGE: Independent Alliance and None Ruby Players
    How GGS handles our Feedback

Why I decided to Leave
    Thoughts on the Legendary Update

Achieved title of "the terrible", on the 8th of August 2014, without buying rubies, and while playing in an independent alliance.
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 23.08.2014
    New Permanent Gem Effects
    •Commanders
    +X attackers to be used at the front
    +X attackers to be used on the sides
    +X% combat strength in case of a fight in the courtyard
    +X% caused fire damage
    +X looting capacity
    +X% travel speed on the way back
    +X% increased chance to find valuable gems or equipment
    • Castellans
    +X spots on the castle wall
    +X% combat strength in case of a fight in the courtyard
    +X% less fire damage
    +X safe storage
    I advise everyone to save as many "reduce cool down gems" as possible. I wish that was one % gem they would allow to keep being made/looted...
    I wish there was a gem that 100% "reduced cool down by 10%" ect...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

Sign In to comment.