Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion: New Gem Changes + More Veterans

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Heya folks,

Here's the Discussion Thread for the next update!

Let us know what you think about the changes and give us your suggestions here!

Regards,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• Markic7Markic7 Posts: 24
    edited 21.08.2014
    It seems like a fine update... Especially the permanent gems... And the new vets are gonna be OK but.... That'll make the difference between a level 69 and 70 a bit more thick...
    Markic7 @ WWW 1
  • ErsioErsio Posts: 1,039
    edited 21.08.2014
    Why are you closing the gap for troop benefits of having a capital? Either you are preparing to add some new troop to capitals or you are really making a capital something of the past
    Ersio @ USA1 Serv
    Official Sammich Quality Control Taste Tester of KON
    Official Spokesperson for JJ-5792
  • lionidas2lionidas2 Posts: 576
    edited 21.08.2014
    yeh nice update:)))it isnt aiming for players to buy rubies i will be very happy if u stay on that way good work GGE
    btw when the event will come?:)
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 21.08.2014
    Can Lvl 60's Unlock those vets? :)))) Please please say yes!!!
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • edited 21.08.2014
    HAHA !!!

Firts put an extra day on the foreigners,nobody wants that !!

Buy more rubies 2 get expensive tools for sure,right?

And yes,veterans r nice,why wait so long till u come up with that, a decent update??

Read u were looking 4 testers, maybe u need some people who come up with some more good stuff and think and act a little bit faster,huh.

What r u doing over there during the day anyway,pfffff.

And now the gems HAHA !!

Is that a way to tell us u screwed up in the first place:

Is it so hard to admitt that anyway?

If i make a mistake i say sorry, u were right, just al lack of personality of people working at GGE.

It only makes u weaker as a person,not stronger,only childs and morons do think that way.

( Moron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron
    Moron may refer to: Moron (psychology), disused term for a person with a mental age between 8 and 12)

Just 2 make it clear.
  • risesheena (GB1)risesheena (GB1) Posts: 524
    edited 21.08.2014
    questions regarding gems. .

are these totally different from the old gems? i mean with respect to the strength of old gems, like additional flank strength, additional troop strength etc. , having 2 360 additional TK in the keep attack smacks a punch with additional strength on fighting the keep (very out of proportion i would say)

for the old gems, will they still be triggered at % chances or 100% chance for the old gems to trigger?

is the loot over the 70% limit we have with the commander present strength ?

Is the attack strength over the 90% limit we have with the present commander strength?

Why cannot you have early warning/late detection added into gems?
    risesheena @ en 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordsaruman (US1)lordsaruman (US1) US1 Posts: 926
    edited 21.08.2014
    Ersio wrote: »
    Why are you closing the gap for troop benefits of having a capital? Either you are preparing to add some new troop to capitals or you are really making a capital something of the past

Im thinking they will eventually do something to rectify that. I on the other hand like this update. My guess is that the new vets will be as strong as the renegade cultist troops.
    Lordsaruman int'1 former US1 member

Big bad scary war marshall of Pirates LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neil33 (GB1)neil33 (GB1) Posts: 1,762
    edited 21.08.2014
    Seems an okay update to be honest - no major ruby pushes but I can imagine these vets will have lower stats then hoped for.

There is a MAJOR issue here though - the difference between the capital and these vet troops? This is coming from someone who doesn't have a capital within their alliance).

I know people have spend hundreds, if not thousands on this game, and a BULK amount of them will have most likely spent a huge amount on obtaining a capital, never mind holding it through a war etc. If these troops are in the mid-range of the 'old' vets and KG's then will the price?

I am guessing, depending on the price/stats, capital alliances will be annoyed and feel let down by the addition of them. YES - it gives level 70's a better army but there is a down-fall. I am sure someone will work it out and find out that it's more efficient to but the new vets - making the capital 'useless'. (Like the Elite KG - someone worked it out and they were not worth it).

Permanent gems - good idea - why not do that in the first place - surely people who have spent rubies forging them should have them replaced with these new ones?

I think you realized you were wrong and have thought of a way around it (good) but not when you are not admitting your fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud member of Praetorians

SO...I get conned out of rubies and support refuse to give them back. But when a ruby player does the same as me they get them back? This to me is point blank evidence that support and GGE don't give a fuck about us non ruby buyers...

http://prntscr.com/93xafb

Still think MeepMeep is one mad patty!
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 21.08.2014
    Seems good. I can't complain about anything. Permanent gems are good. New vets don't sound to bad although only for level 70s isn't ideal.
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
  • sheerahsheerah Posts: 3
    edited 21.08.2014
    neil332 wrote: »
    Seems an okay update to be honest - no major ruby pushes but I can imagine these vets will have lower stats then hoped for.

There is a MAJOR issue here though - the difference between the capital and these vet troops? This is coming from someone who doesn't have a capital within their alliance).

I know people have spend hundreds, if not thousands on this game, and a BULK amount of them will have most likely spent a huge amount on obtaining a capital, never mind holding it through a war etc. If these troops are in the mid-range of the 'old' vets and KG's then will the price?

I am guessing, depending on the price/stats, capital alliances will be annoyed and feel let down by the addition of them. YES - it gives level 70's a better army but there is a down-fall. I am sure someone will work it out and find out that it's more efficient to but the new vets - making the capital 'useless'. (Like the Elite KG - someone worked it out and they were not worth it).

Permanent gems - good idea - why not do that in the first place - surely people who have spent rubies forging them should have them replaced with these new ones?

I think you realized you were wrong and have thought of a way around it (good) but not when you are not admitting your fault.

First at all an answer, if you have capital you got kingguards units at almost half a price vet bowmans etc. so with capital you got stronger units for a half of price(or 2/3).
    New units for other people are welcome but a half of year to late, GGS you loose a lot of good players till now and before others will research new units half of them will gone :)
    Just wanna say game will still be ballanced in one way -> Rubbie whalles and thats all.
    New playerd must spend few 1000 of $ to become enough strong to fight and defend against Rubie whales, as they all are multi accounters its mission inpossibile.
    To late To expensive just for Rubbie whalles and thats all.

Cheers GGS
    sheerah @ en 1
  • burton2 (US1)burton2 (US1) Posts: 64
    edited 21.08.2014
    Sounds very promising. Any ETA on the update release?

Also, since the gems will be permanent, will they be harder to find? I don't want to keep finding the same lvl 3 gem 100 times with no way to upgrade it.
    burton2 @ usa 1
  • Kyle Ludwig WuKyle Ludwig Wu Posts: 1,053
    edited 21.08.2014
    neil332 wrote: »

Guess they will add vet KG into the capitol someday in the future to balance the effects that made in this update.
    BSK-75 @ en 1

We are the Battle Sacred Kittens :D
    (for whom who really want to know the exact meaning of BSK, PM me ingame :P)
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 21.08.2014
    Well, I didn't want my army of 7,000 regular vets anyways.

How much stronger are they? It's gonna be a waste if they're only a few points stronger.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 21.08.2014
    Gems:

WTF??!!??

You got feedback about gems from who? And you decided to fix it like this? I think you missed most of the important feedback and you weren't really paying attention.

The biggest feedback was that the gem upgrade system was stupid. Level 10 gems were unattainable. Did you miss that part?

The design of the gems was acceptable. Now you are changing it? It's annoying that you are changing it again. Especially after I have spent rubies to upgrade gems and put them into armor and now they probably obsolete or less valuable.

For example, what is the change to the fire reduction gems? They will always activate now?

Currently, a level 5 gem is 20% chance for 25% less fire damage. What will you change it to if it will always activate?

What a mess.

Research tower:

Add more research than just bonus troops. Better/different troops don't seem to matter much. What matters is how many of them you can make and how quickly you can send them. A few points of bonus in the attack/defense power means little compared to the effective use of tools.

I'm sure GGS will screw up the coin cost of these troops. They sure screwed up the coin cost with the new veteran kingsguard already.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghostking (IN1)Ghostking (IN1) IN1 Posts: 35
    edited 21.08.2014
    These updates sound very good to me
    but gems effect is not so good
    Main castle shifted is very good but if op shifting option also comes then it will be more good
    after op shifting we can also relocate our ops too to near our main castle

New vets also sound goods for players without capital can defend the attacks more easily now
    ~~~Ghostking~~~
    5u9v1dtstv31.png
  • cur (skn1)cur (skn1) Posts: 126
    edited 21.08.2014
    Guess they will add vet KG into the capitol someday in the future to balance the effects that made in this update.

elite KG vs. vet defenders is not ballanced either..... when that said yes they are making the Capitols worth less. I guess there is a reason they are doing so....
    cur, Nordic 1
  • Muqsit (INT1)Muqsit (INT1) Posts: 1,433
    edited 21.08.2014
    Impressive :) I liked it. I would like even more if they give two free castle relocations.. :)
  • longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 21.08.2014
    cur2 wrote: »
    elite KG vs. vet defenders is not ballanced either..... when that said yes they are making the Capitols worth less. I guess there is a reason they are doing so....

Capitals aren't really worth the effort anymore. The game design of the capital/metro and king's towers are completely broken. I keep hoping they will make an update to fix it and waiting and waiting....

I just think about how much hassle a capital owning alliance goes through to deal with supporting and other logistic issues versus the added value of what we get for all that effort. The rewards vs effort just isnt there to me.
    4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TimCaesarTimCaesar Posts: 131
    edited 21.08.2014
    I wonder if the new gems are better than the old gems. It would be unfair for new players if the old gems are better.
    TimCaesar
  • risesheena (GB1)risesheena (GB1) Posts: 524
    edited 21.08.2014
    old gems will be too powerful.. if they are made permanent with the existing stats.
    risesheena @ en 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In to comment.