Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Smithy worse than ever!

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
edited 06.08.2014 in Technical Assistance
Bugs Fixed with this Update

Espionage Reports showing 'Target not Found' when opening from a different kingdom to the one the espionage was performed in
Equipment disappearing when a piece of equipment was changed and only appearing again when the page was reloaded
Espionage reports could not be forwarded
An Error Code would appear when trying to forge Legendary items
Objects disappearing when using the Technicus

Why has this been reported when the smithy is still so incredibly buggy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuuvGkb-Io&feature=youtu.be

Please pass this video on to the developers. It's getting more and more frequent.
Chris2307 @ en 1
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on

Comments

• Lloyd1226 (US1)Lloyd1226 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 31.07.2014
    Indeed, what's up? I'm trying to clean up my inventory and can't. Oh, and more jewels ...........
    Lloyd1226 @ usa 1
  • D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 01.08.2014
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    Why has this been reported when the smithy is still so incredibly buggy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuuvGkb-Io&feature=youtu.be

Please pass this video on to the developers. It's getting more and more frequent.

Yeah the bug was not fixed. Ive noticed it seems to have alot to do with when equipment gets removed or added to the inventory. The system is not updating properly right away like it should and double checking itself like it should. Instead it checks once and if its not right BANG you have a bug and its starts losing track.

They should just fix this already. Very disruptive to gameplay. Some bugs are worse than others, this is definitely one of the more annoying, urgent bugs to fix.

There is a work around as Ive posted many times. The main work around for players that I know of is to, instead of just exiting the smithy when the bug shows up - cycle back to the equipment screen, play with the different tabs real quick and you should notice the castellan or commander section update somewhere.

As soon as you see anything change it has righted itself and you should be able to smith again, for a little bit anyway - as long as no new equipment got added to inventory. Now some might say well wont it bug itself as soon as you smith again? Not necessarily.

I've smithed once and had the bug showed up, then I've righted the ship so to speak by playing with the tabs and sub screens and noticing equipment changing amounts (ie getting rid of stuff that is no longer actually there, updating etc) - and then I can smith several pieces of equipment in a row with no trouble. So it is kind of a temperamental bug.

I have noticed the bug show up during a smithing session when a RBC completes and adds anything to the inventory, particularly equipment since most of us are smithing equipment more than gems. I've noticed the smithy to bug most consistantly under those circumstances.
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif
  • wyrene (GB1)wyrene (GB1) Posts: 9
    edited 01.08.2014
    lost 3 more legendary pieces this morning now even ordinary upgade showing euip not found
    wyrene @ en 1
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 01.08.2014
    I know I have experienced some terrible smithy work in the past couple days. Having to login again and again as I forge a bunch of legendaries.. It gets to be annoying.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 01.08.2014
    Hey folks,

Thanks for making me aware of this. I've forwarded the information on to the team and we should be able to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Steve.
  • edited 01.08.2014
    so now keep reloading page :D
  • Muqsit (INT1)Muqsit (INT1) Posts: 1,433
    edited 01.08.2014
    Yes, this is horrible.
  • wyrene (GB1)wyrene (GB1) Posts: 9
    edited 02.08.2014
    see the reply from cm still not fixed
    wyrene @ en 1
  • The Ntk (US1)The Ntk (US1) US1 Posts: 600
    edited 03.08.2014
    i went to move a cast around and the armor said cannot be found i finally got it set before the attack i lost 1600 troops went to see why it had the cast all messed up. def was not the cast i set up with
  • upwardboundupwardbound Posts: 4
    edited 03.08.2014
    Same here over a week and many tickets sent still losing equipment. Thoughts of finding new game if they can't keep this one together. Real bummer have a nice game going.
    upwardbound @ usa 1
  • Kyle Ludwig WuKyle Ludwig Wu Posts: 1,053
    edited 03.08.2014
    its annoying to keep log in and out again and again :( pls fix the bug.
    BSK-75 @ en 1

We are the Battle Sacred Kittens :D
    (for whom who really want to know the exact meaning of BSK, PM me ingame :P)
  • dennetj (US1)dennetj (US1) Posts: 45
    edited 03.08.2014
    logging in and out again doesn't seem to help for me has anybody else noticed this?
    t6c6l3.jpg
    dennetj @ usa 1
  • Jaymar5Jaymar5 Posts: 4
    edited 03.08.2014
    As a work around try the following, works for me.

1 Forge 1 item.
    2 Close encampment
    3 open encampment and got to smithy
    4 Click on Jewel tab
    5 Click on Commander/Castelan tab
    6 Forge another item
    7 repeat from step 2 for as many as required.

exiting the camp and clicking on the jewel tab and back seems to reset the equipment list and lets you forge. A bit of a pain when you have loads to do but just about OK.

Needs fixing though.
    Jaymar @ en 1
  • marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 836
    edited 04.08.2014
    This is still not fixed, really needs sorting big problems when under attack changing castallen round had to log in and out twice.... as it was a super commander not funny with 12 min warning .... please sort
  • DJ3baseball (US1)DJ3baseball (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    edited 04.08.2014
    Please fix the problem soon... it is getting to be a huge pain... can't do anything in my smithy and with my equipment at this rate... so many bugs.
    DJ
  • CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 806
    edited 06.08.2014
    Hi guys!

Are you still having problems with the Smithy? Let me know!

~CM Margo
  • D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 06.08.2014
    Not as bad, so far so good - no bugs but I have not tested extensively.

The code seems to be rechecking more often, which avoids the bug, this is good. However I can't confirm that its 100% fixed yet, Id need to hear from others.
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file