Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Change to some Ruby Purchases

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
This has been mentioned a few times, including from myself. However, I've never seen a reply from a CM in anyway regarding this. This post regards the accidental spending of rubies.

Last week I accidentally purchased an additional recruitment slot in the barracks three times. Last week I also accidentally doubled up troops. I'll admit that this could have been circumvented with a slightly more careful clicking but with an overly sensitive laptop touchpad this can happen. The fact that the game appears to deliberately facilitate this in a small way only compounds the issue.

When the recruitment slot is full and you attempt to recruit more troops, the message box asking if you would like to hire a new slot is positioned cleverly so that the green tick is in exactly the same position as the previous green tick. This leads to accidental clicks (especially with a touchpad).

When asking for help, the double-up button is placed very closely. Both buttons are small and this could lead to more accidental clicking.

I suggest there be some way to combat this and I challenge GGS to implement this update so as to help players make more informed choices. I suggest that the double up and alliance help buttons be separated and I also suggest that the recruitment slot message box include a greyed out tick for at least 2 seconds before allowing the user to click it.

I'd at least like to hear from a CM on this matter. Especially with regards to the double up and alliance help buttons. I did wonder why GGS implemented this feature in to the game and now I know why.
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on
Chris2307 @ en 1

Comments

• luchien (US1)luchien (US1) Posts: 291
    edited 23.07.2014
    I agree, although I have learned (from costly mistakes) to keep my fingers and thumb off the touchpad saving me from these errors it still happens. I would go further and say the double up option should appear in the box when you order troops (i.e. 5 coin 10 rubies 20 rubies). It would be similar to the ponies when setting up an attack.
    luchien @ usa 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
    edited 23.07.2014
    Hey Chris2307,

I'll forward your suggestion on to the team for you, but this has come up quite a lot of times, and at the end of the day it is purely a human error. All I can suggest is taking more time in selecting options that cost rubies, especially if your system is laggy or if you are using a touchpad.

Regards,

Steve.
  • AndyGamer3 (GB1)AndyGamer3 (GB1) Posts: 107
    edited 23.07.2014
    They are obviously placed like that so you do spend more rubies, this isn't by accident, I would also like them to move them but I highly doubt they will do anything about it
    AndyGamer3 @ en 1
  • Kyle Ludwig WuKyle Ludwig Wu Posts: 1,053
    edited 23.07.2014
    i think at least GGE could add a confirmation feature into those 'ruby button' so that we could at least have a chance to verify the purchase and avoid any accident.
    BSK-75 @ en 1

We are the Battle Sacred Kittens :D
    (for whom who really want to know the exact meaning of BSK, PM me ingame :P)
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 23.07.2014
    Hey Chris2307,

I'll forward your suggestion on to the team for you, but this has come up quite a lot of times, and at the end of the day it is purely a human error. All I can suggest is taking more time in selecting options that cost rubies, especially if your system is laggy or if you are using a touchpad.

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for forwarding this on Steve.

I agree, there is human error involved and I am happy to admit this but there's more that could be done to help this situation. Would the alliance help button have even been added in to the game if there wasn't a double up button there to place it next to?
    Chris2307 @ en 1
    edited 23.07.2014
    The human error is in favor of GGS. Wonder if it would be changed if the error were in favor of the players. Can't agree with GGS on this one. The problem may not have a foolproof fix but they can make it more difficult for the error to happen.
    luchien @ usa 1
    edited 23.07.2014
    luchien wrote: »
    Wonder if it would be changed if the error were in favor of the players..

The answer is simple and observable from past examples. If human error were to occur on the developers part which led to an exploit that some players took advantage of, GGS would recover their losses before closing the exploit. The two examples are directly comparable.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • HandsomeJack1 (US1)HandsomeJack1 (US1) Posts: 238
    edited 23.07.2014
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    This has been mentioned a few times, including from myself. However, I've never seen a reply from a CM in anyway regarding this. This post regards the accidental spending of rubies.

Last week I accidentally purchased an additional recruitment slot in the barracks three times. Last week I also accidentally doubled up troops. I'll admit that this could have been circumvented with a slightly more careful clicking but with an overly sensitive laptop touchpad this can happen. The fact that the game appears to deliberately facilitate this in a small way only compounds the issue.

When the recruitment slot is full and you attempt to recruit more troops, the message box asking if you would like to hire a new slot is positioned cleverly so that the green tick is in exactly the same position as the previous green tick. This leads to accidental clicks (especially with a touchpad).

When asking for help, the double-up button is placed very closely. Both buttons are small and this could lead to more accidental clicking.

I suggest there be some way to combat this and I challenge GGS to implement this update so as to help players make more informed choices. I suggest that the double up and alliance help buttons be separated and I also suggest that the recruitment slot message box include a greyed out tick for at least 2 seconds before allowing the user to click it.

I'd at least like to hear from a CM on this matter. Especially with regards to the double up and alliance help buttons. I did wonder why GGS implemented this feature in to the game and now I know why.

Gge does not care, they like it when people spend rubies.
    No cause is lost if there's but one fool left to fight for it.
  • HandsomeJack1 (US1)HandsomeJack1 (US1) Posts: 238
    edited 23.07.2014
    luchien wrote: »
    The human error is in favor of GGS. Wonder if it would be changed if the error were in favor of the players. Can't agree with GGS on this one. The problem may not have a foolproof fix but they can make it more difficult for the error to happen.

Very true, I can almost guarentee you if there was an error in favor of the players, GGE would attempt to fix it immediately. But when the error is in favor of GGE. . . It's clearly just human error and it's our own fault for going too fast.
    No cause is lost if there's but one fool left to fight for it.
  • paul furnell (GB1)paul furnell (GB1) Posts: 128
    edited 23.07.2014
    I play with a mouse have no problems at all with this :)
    paul furnell @ en 1 new leader of the musketeers we are back rebuilding what was lost.
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 23.07.2014
    I stopped using my touchpad and got a mouse because it is better for gaming. Not particularly this game, though it helps with most games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.
    edited 24.07.2014
    Yeah, I tend to use a mouse when at work but it's not always practical to use a mouse when sitting on the sofa or lying in bed at home.

Even so, the double up button can still be easily hit with a normal mouse.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
    edited 24.07.2014
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    Yeah, I tend to use a mouse when at work but it's not always practical to use a mouse when sitting on the sofa or lying in bed at home.

Even so, the double up button can still be easily hit with a normal mouse.

I agree Chris and I believe GGS should put in more safeguards in those areas. It wouldn't be a difficult fix and I am certain we would all (buyers and non-buyers alike) prefer to spend our rubies on things that will improve our accounts or gameplay.
    luchien @ usa 1
    edited 02.09.2014
    Bumping...

I'm moving flats so have no money right now to buy rubies. Instead I'm looting hard and built up a couple of thousand from towers and login bonuses etc...

Today I just wiped 345 out from accidentally hitting the double up button again, instead of alliance +1 help. Again, my error but not helped by GGS' strategic placement of this button.

PLEASE sort this out!!!! You're killing the casual player.
    Chris2307 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file