Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

My Criticism on Foreigners..

Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
Hey all,

This is delayed due to some time I took off..

My suggestion is you don't have them attack you 3 times in 14 hours with 3 full attacks. That would be really helpful to, you know, actually function in the game. I was up late till about 3am when I saw the event pop up. I bought protection at around 7pm the previous night for my vacation. I stayed till about 5am then logged off, went off for vacation at about 11am having already been attacked once by foreigners, winning. And when I was finally able to check the game from where I was headed, I saw my castle on fire and two more battle reports from not players, but foreigners in my inbox. 14 hour time frame, 3 attacks.

These aren't puttery little player attacks we're talking about. This wears on you, and it wears hard. I am not sure if GGE was trying to fit in all their freaking blows on me before I went under the bird, but I can only imagine with another 2.5 days left in the event if I hadn't left what would have happened.. How many attacks are you expecting us to defend like that?

Really we aren't fighting another server at all.. This is just GGE forcing us to be involved in combat rather than us choosing because they are unsatisfied with the amount of combat we're engaging in.

So with that all in mind, my suggestion portion of this thread is that you allow the option for players to join the event. It is a good event for lower levels as it gives them an idea for how wars feel. However it is hard for the higher levels, harder than it needs to be. Some may want to join every time, every second time, whatever. Point is it's difficult to survive when you're being peppered with attacks by a CPU and with potential for other players on the server to attack at the same time. There is only so much that we can take at one time.

E
Post edited by Eric768 (US1) on
Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.

Comments

• devstey2devstey2 Posts: 96
    edited 21.07.2014
    Exactly. the key phrase here is "we are not fighting another server at all." We are fighting GGE generated attacks, which they simply mimic from another server, because they are too lazy I think to bother to create well-matched attacks.
    devstey @ au 1
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 21.07.2014
    Exactly. I got attacked 3 times in 8 hours, and by the time the attacks were over, I had to use 1000 rubies to replace all armorer tools lost. "We're not forcing you to spend rubies". Worst. Excuse. Ever. Basically, spend rubies or burn, burn, burn.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 21.07.2014
    I think they should even it out a little more. I only saw 3 attacks in the two Foreigner events combined, while others saw attacks into the double digits.

Personally wish I was attacked a little more from them, while I'm sure others wish the exact opposite. It just seemed a little unfair the shear volumn of attacks a few individuals received. They should work it out so that everyone gets attacked 4 times for example. Instead of having one player attacked once and another player attacked ten times
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 21.07.2014
    I think they should even it out a little more. I only saw 3 attacks in the two Foreigner events combined, while others saw attacks into the double digits.

Personally wish I was attacked a little more from them, while I'm sure others wish the exact opposite. It just seemed a little unfair the shear volumn of attacks a few individuals received. They should work it out so that everyone gets attacked 4 times for example. Instead of having one player attacked once and another player attacked ten times

Personally I wouldn't mind receiving 1 or 2 attacks on myself during its duration. However the extent I and others were hit to in such short periods of time makes it not even enjoyable..

I agree, evening out of the attacks would work a lot better. Make it a set amount give or take a 1 attack for each person.
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Neamhain (US1)Neamhain (US1) Posts: 3,504
    edited 21.07.2014
    I agree with you guys. I have never been attacked in the foreigner events. 0 attacks compared to 4 attacks is a huge difference in such a short period of time.
    Ipvwn0w.png

Neamhain = "NYAV-in"
    Troops get hungry, and without food they'll desert (this could be a great pun).
    With that punny sense of humor, I am starting to believe my mother hacked Steve's account.
  • 007Ben2007Ben2 Posts: 1,269
    edited 21.07.2014
    I have a new hastag in my sig (paragraph 2). Please pass it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    007Ben2 wrote: »
    Basically, god comms have indirectly killed off the game. They encourage the use of fire casts. Now, it's too late to undo that. What's GGE supposed to do? Remove god comms and refund purchases? Obviously GGE wouldn't do that for a number of reasons.

It looks like GGE has irreversably damaged their game, and we the customers suffer the consequences. God comm owners aren't happy, fire cast users could be happier, and the rest of us see the wrongs GGE has caused for some of their best customers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file