Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GEMS - some answers and explanations

longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
edited 16.08.2014 in Players ask Players
First, don't clutter up this thread with questions you should be able to answer yourself. If you have a serious question, ask it. This isn't a complaint thread either.

**note: 7/21, a level 5 gem was looted from a level 71 tower in fire**

Gem types:

of treasure hunter: 5% to increase finding strong equip by 10%

of fire starter: 13% to cause 10% more fire dmg
of fire prevention: 13% of 15% less fire damage taken

of flank attack: 2% of 10% more strength in flanks
of staunch flank: 2% of 10% more strength in flanks

of final fight: 6% of 3% more strength in keep
of last resistance: 20% of 1% more strength in keep

of frontal attack: 2% of 4% more strength on frontal attack
of staunch front: 2% of 7% more strength in keep

of impatience: 10% of 5% reduced waiting time between attacks

of the reserves: 5% of 20 kingsguard battalion in the keep
of the extra legion: 2% of support from 150 kingsguard battalion in the keep

of reinforcements: 1% of 100 traveling knights in the keep
of auxiliaries: 5% of 20 traveling knights in keep

of concealment: 10% of 10% less loot for attacker
of the looter: 10% of 10% more loot after an attack

of glorious defender: 10% of 9% more glory while defending
of glorious commander: 5% of 6% more glory in attack

Gem forging:

It takes 6 gems of the same level to forge another gem of that level to the next level.

100% chance from level 1 to 2,
80% chance from level 2 to 3, 225 rubies for 100%
60% chance from level 3 to 4, 495 rubies for 100%
40% chance from level 4 to 5, 855 rubies for 100%

more to come....

Devstey2 was the first to do the calculation, but so far if you assume 100% chance of success you will need 823,543 gems to complete 1 level 10 gem.

Pretty ridiculous to think GGE created a new gem system without doing the math. I hope they change it tomorrow since the longer it is in the game and remains completely broken, the more terrible their math skills look. It makes you wonder what other broken math calculations are running in the background for combat calculations and other issues.
Post edited by longshanks on
4/23/2014: GGS realizes that this player and customer won't drink the kool-aid.

**the rule of 3** GGS usually gets it right on the 3rd try. Be patient.

Be careful if you speak the truth, your post might get deleted by a moderator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 16.07.2014
    longshanks wrote: »
    First, if you have a serious question, ask it, but don't get carried away with cluttering up the thread with complaints about the gem system. This isn't a complaint thread.

Gem types:

of reinforcements: 1% of 100 traveling knights in the keep
    of auxiliaries: 5% of 20 traveling knights in keep

What does that mean?
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
    edited 16.07.2014
    Double post

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

• longshankslongshanks Posts: 934
    edited 16.07.2014
    What does the mean?

I see someone forgot to read the first paragraph, so I will repeat it below. I wish I could delete your post.

First, if you have a serious question, ask it, but don't get carried away with cluttering up the thread with complaints about the gem system. This isn't a complaint thread.

Your question is terrible. It's not a serious question. Learn to play the game or try to answer it yourself before asking here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RulerThor2RulerThor2 Posts: 436
    edited 16.07.2014
    its useless i think i got less fire for casstelan but i m afraid to use it as i have good equipment if i use it will sols effect reamin same or will change
    my firend got travellig knigh bonus for tks in keep can any 1 tell me who keeep tks in castle during atk?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GGE still owe me 100 kgs from first invasion
    Morning everyone,
    Imagine you went to a shop and paid for a drink, then a month later they were giving out the exact same drink for free, you wouldn't be entitled to any money back right? :)
    Hope this clears some things up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
    Regards,
    Steve.
    I have a question where that shop???

Leader of Annihilators BA

RulerThor @ IN 1
    edited 16.07.2014
    RulerThor2 wrote: »
    its useless i think i got less fire for casstelan but i m afraid to use it as i have good equipment if i use it will sols effect reamin same or will change
    my firend got travellig knigh bonus for tks in keep can any 1 tell me who keeep tks in castle during atk?

How old are you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 16.07.2014
    I see someone forgot to read the first paragraph, so I will repeat it below. I wish I could delete your post.

Your question is terrible. It's not a serious question. Learn to play the game or try to answer it yourself before asking here.

?Its a serious question. Was just wondering what it means by 1% of 100 traveling knights in the keep. Does that just mean theres only 1 traveling knight in the keep if theres a 100 or what?

edited 16.07.2014
    ?Its a serious question. Was just wondering what it means by 1% of 100 traveling knights in the keep. Does that just mean theres only 1 traveling knight in the keep if theres a 100 or what?

If you took more time to look at the gems instead of the time it takes you to ask me questions you should know the answer by now.

1% means 1% chance so it's a 1% chance to getting 100 traveling knights added to your attack when it arrives in the keep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 16.07.2014
    If you took more time to look at the gems instead of the time it takes you to ask me questions you should know the answer by now.

1% means 1% chance so it's a 1% chance to getting 100 traveling knights added to your attack when it arrives in the keep.

Thanks and if you are going to make a thread to answer our questions you may want to actually answer our questions instead of saying how easily the question can be answered.

edited 16.07.2014
    Thanks and if you are going to make a thread to answer our questions you may want to actually answer our questions instead of saying how easily the question can be answered.

I'm not a babysitter. I don't want to answer questions that shouldn't be asked. You can ask your questions to someone who wants to spend the time to help new players. I'm here to help the veteran players.

Look, it's not personal, but I'm making an example out of your posts b/c the next guy like you should know better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcherKNArcherKN Posts: 260
    edited 16.07.2014
    Does attaching gems make the equipment unique? Although I am using a piece of equipment now, in the future I might want to sell it to make more room in my stock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ArcherKN @ usa 1

STOP THIS INSANE UP-DATE NOW!
  • Ashara (US1)Ashara (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 16.07.2014
    Interesting to note that in everything posted about these 'wonderful gems' I haven't seen any mention of the fact that they cost 2,500 RUBIES to use!! For a 1% or 5% chance of something great happening??? I don't think so, thanks just the same.
    Ashara @ usa 1
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 16.07.2014
    Ashara2 wrote: »
    Interesting to note that in everything posted about these 'wonderful gems' I haven't seen any mention of the fact that they cost 2,500 RUBIES to use!! For a 1% or 5% chance of something great happening??? I don't think so, thanks just the same.

Don't you mean COINS?
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • Ashara (US1)Ashara (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 16.07.2014
    OK, the first two gems I got required rubies, but now I have some that require coins. So obviously it's either. I still don't think they're worth bothering with....
    Ashara @ usa 1
  • D1237 (US1)D1237 (US1) Posts: 193
    edited 16.07.2014
    Its too early to judge about the gems or not.

The real issue is how much equipment is going to be loot. Whats aggregious is how GGS did not ANTICIPATE PUBLICALLY this issue. I will go so far as to make a supposition : They KNEW all that and did it anyway.

Why? There are a few obvious speculations, but I'll leave that until another time. Im curious as to how long they are going to let people 'be in the dark'. I've always hated this 'undocumented discovery' nonsense that dev teams do. While there may an occasional gratification, its mostly annoying. More information is needed, period.
    D1237 @ usa 1

aHat4DbkRrlHa.gif
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 16.07.2014
    Ashara2 wrote: »
    OK, the first two gems I got required rubies, but now I have some that require coins. So obviously it's either. I still don't think they're worth bothering with....

I haven't found any gems that cost rubies to upgrade.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • ArcherKNArcherKN Posts: 260
    edited 16.07.2014
    ArcherKN wrote: »
    Does attaching gems make the equipment unique? Although I am using a piece of equipment now, in the future I might want to sell it to make more room in my stock.

I still would like an answer to my previous question, but now I have another concern about these stupid gems! I have been busy attacking as many level 20 barbarian towers as I can in order to win the renegades. I have probably looted a dozen this morning. Usually that would have yielded a mix of ordinary and rare, a couple epic, and if I'm lucky a legendary piece of equipment. This time All I have gotten are these gems, and so far all of them sell for a lousy 50 coins each. So did the gems replace equipment as possible loot? If so, we have been jipped, and BADLY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ArcherKN @ usa 1

STOP THIS INSANE UP-DATE NOW!
  • RulerThor2RulerThor2 Posts: 436
    edited 18.07.2014
    How old are you?

i m 15 i m not afraid to lose coins i m afraid to lose equipmet i dont have much uselesss for casstleans and the weakest i have gives 10%melee and 15% ranged
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GGE still owe me 100 kgs from first invasion
    Morning everyone,
    Imagine you went to a shop and paid for a drink, then a month later they were giving out the exact same drink for free, you wouldn't be entitled to any money back right? :)
    Hope this clears some things up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
    Regards,
    Steve.
    I have a question where that shop???

Leader of Annihilators BA

RulerThor @ IN 1
  • edited 18.07.2014
    Billy,

Leveling gems up from level 3 to 4 fails,tried it 4 times,all gone.

I am now in the 11th field with gems,if u realy wanna make something of it u need rubies.

But when u use them 1 time they will be destroyed haha, whos idea was this?

I wonder how many fields they reserved to put in the gems before its stops.

Regards

Luuk

Level 70, Sub of the United Inc. Group ( 6 alliances)

The Netherlands
  • BlackVenom200BlackVenom200 Posts: 46
    edited 18.07.2014
    I think gge should make some gems more likely to activate during battle, and i think you should have the choice to use them when defending against other players.

The cost to use gems is bareable, and i think gems are equal to other equipment items.

Complaining won't get anyone anywhere, it is fine for people to make suggestions, but other than that, what is done is done. Everyone makes mistakes, and not everyone agree with each other when there are new updates.
    Please checkout my new alliance, it begun 09/07/14, and is called 'The White Tigers'.

The leader is my best friend 'BlackVenom232' (we made our accounts together) (:

Please click on my dragon egg to help it hatch into a beautiful dragon

1.gif http://dragcave.net/view/fimGf]

And follow me on Instagram 'EbonyIvy232' if you DARE!!!
    edited 18.07.2014
    I think gge should make some gems more likely to activate during battle, and i think you should have the choice to use them when defending against other players.

The cost to use gems is bareable, and i think gems are equal to other equipment items.

Complaining won't get anyone anywhere, it is fine for people to make suggestions, but other than that, what is done is done. Everyone makes mistakes, and not everyone agree with each other when there are new updates.

What are you even talking about? The purpose of this thread was to talk about the types and the upgrade system.

Did you do the math on how long it takes to get a level 10 gem? Do you think that is a good thing?

So you will be happy with only collecting level 1,2,3, and 4 gems? Otherwise, you will never see a top level gem until the system is changed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In to comment.